Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:48:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135695 times)
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #360 on: April 24, 2014, 02:14:06 PM »

After being presented with his award, Rose left the stage and then an awkward 10 minutes passed

They can hardly be blamed, the production on the show was so bad. They asked Joan and The Jetts to replay an entire song for TV and production kept starting/stopping with the sound during presenters speech's leading to lots of awkwardness. They had Alice Cooper re-introduce Joan and The Jetts half way through their set, cause apparently the first time wasn't recorded properly. You could hear Alice whispering in the background, "incase they don't know who you are".

It's a good thing the show will be heavily edited on VH1, but it was awesome seeing Axl and Duff on stage playing out classics. Seeing Axl play "This I Love" in front of crowd of hardcore heavy metal fans was ballsy.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #361 on: April 24, 2014, 02:15:38 PM »

After being presented with his award, Rose left the stage and then an awkward 10 minutes passed

They can hardly be blamed, the production on the show was so bad. They asked Joan and The Jetts to replay an entire song for TV and production kept starting/stopping with the sound during presenters speech's leading to lots of awkwardness. They had Alice Cooper re-introduce Joan and The Jetts half way through their set, cause apparently the first time wasn't recorded properly. You could hear Alice whispering in the background, "incase they don't know who you are".

It's a good thing the show will be heavily edited on VH1, but it was awesome seeing Axl and Duff on stage playing out classics. Seeing Axl play "This I Love" in front of crowd of hardcore heavy metal fans was ballsy.

Really was sloppy.

They send someone out to introduce The Pretty Reckless, and they don't even know Taylor's name?  Who the hell is producing this thing?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #362 on: April 24, 2014, 02:16:55 PM »

Did Korn play??
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #363 on: April 24, 2014, 02:18:29 PM »

Did Korn play??

No.
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2014, 02:19:03 PM »

I think Richard is the most underated guitar player in the history of GNR.

This guy is increddible, does great quality work live and giving very powerfull performances.

He could be an amazing blues player.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #365 on: April 24, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »

So they give us HD video then take it away....
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #366 on: April 24, 2014, 02:23:16 PM »

ughhhhhhh

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JordanRose
Opening Act

« Reply #367 on: April 24, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »

Wow, that was seriously awesome. I wasn't expecting any new songs at all so to get two of my favorites was a surprise. The band were on fire and Axl had tonnes of energy, like he was in a trance. Definitely one of the best performances in years.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #368 on: April 24, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »

Man, Slayer debuted a new song last night and it's a headline a Rolling Stone.  Imagine if GNR did the same?  Another missed opportunity, and shows we're likely no closer to the next record.  Cry

Yeah, I got Slayer fans on my FB feed all excited about it.

But, as was pointed out to me here today, my band played some songs from a 6 year old album, so....yeah.  Jealous much, Slayer fans?

Really. One of which has been played live for nearly a decade.  Big win for GNR fans I guess?  Look, it was fantastic to see Duff on bass, albeit that's going to be short lived.  But apparently wanting to see this band move forward out of the shadow of Chinese Democracy is seemingly asking the world of them or rather Axl, and an invitation for inevitable keyboard beatings from jarmo, who is seemingly content to see this lineup tour on Chinese Democracy from now until forever.  Shucks.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »

Wow, that was seriously awesome. I wasn't expecting any new songs at all so to get two of my favorites was a surprise. The band were on fire and Axl had tonnes of energy, like he was in a trance. Definitely one of the best performances in years.

You don't think its something of a stretch labeling 'Better' and 'This I Love' as "new"?

As was just said, Slayer did a brand new song.  The Pretty Reckless did 3 songs from their actually new album.

Are these situations analogous?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JordanRose
Opening Act

« Reply #370 on: April 24, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »

You don't think its something of a stretch labeling 'Better' and 'This I Love' as "new"?

As was just said, Slayer did a brand new song.  The Pretty Reckless did 3 songs from their actually new album.

They're from the newest album, therefore they are new to casual fans and non-fans. Besides, it's only been about 5 years since Chinese came out which is a fair amount of time for a band like Guns to work an album. The Stones haven't had a new record since 2005 and they haven't played any songs from that album since that tour!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #371 on: April 24, 2014, 02:52:39 PM »

Big win for GNR fans I guess?  Look, it was fantastic to see Duff on bass, albeit that's going to be short lived.  But apparently wanting to see this band move forward out of the shadow of Chinese Democracy is seemingly asking the world of them or rather Axl, and an invitation for inevitable keyboard beatings from jarmo, who is seemingly content to see this lineup tour on Chinese Democracy from now until forever.  Shucks.  

Well, could you at least be somewhat fair here? Too much to ask?
Because you have this built in resistance to say anything even remotely nice about the band.

Some of whom are quick to say things like "Axl won't show up" or "nobody will buy tickets" and so on. Then when the poster is proven wrong, the response is "big deal" or "they did what they were supposed to".
Insert some remarks about how low the bar is. That's the typical response.

Some spent time worrying about the lack of promotion the last album got, but when the band plays songs from it, at this show, that the casual listener might not have heard, it's just them playing "old songs". Go figure.
You got people saying Axl doesn't promote the current band, well he did. Nobody said a word about it.
Axl gets labeled as a person who holds grudges. Take a listen to his speech. No comments. Why? And what if he had said something even remotely negative about any former members? You'd be here commenting on it! We all know it!

And now it's about them not playing any new songs? Aren't these the same people who complained that some of the Chinese Democracy songs were old because the band had performed them live on tour before the album was out? You want them to play new unreleased songs so you can complain that you didn't get enough new songs when the next album is out? Makes sense.... Tongue

I do find it telling that the day Axl Rose gets an award acknowledging his work some of you stay completely silent about it.
It's like it never happened.

It must be very tough to give the guy any kind of acknowledgement or credit for what he's doing. And this from people who frequent a GN'R fan site.

Why is that?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:55:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #372 on: April 24, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »

Guns N' Roses Full Set Golden Gods Awards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8_6vF2FJiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCtlGn2TBg

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #373 on: April 24, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »

Fuck, was the word troll invented to define you?

You are the lowest form of discussion, literally a broken echo chamber.  If it bothers you so much fuck off and listen to The Pretty Reckless you lowest common denominator, absolute waste of oxygen and life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #374 on: April 24, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »

Fuck, was the word troll invented to define you?

You are the lowest form of discussion, literally a broken echo chamber.  If it bothers you so much fuck off and listen to The Pretty Reckless you lowest common denominator, absolute waste of oxygen and life.

So we'll put you down as a yes?

ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #375 on: April 24, 2014, 02:59:25 PM »

So all those slagging negative comments about recent vocals because 'you can't judge by a youtube clip' are going to apologise now??.

Oh yeah.  I'm sure they are getting right on that.

I think there is a fundamental difference in the sound quality between a cell phone-based audience recording and a soundboard recording.  The vast majority of YouTube clips I see from shows are cell phone-based audience recordings, which, IMO, are fundamentally poorer in quality.

Ali

Which sounded the same as last nights show,  he even sounded worse than the SA tour
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #376 on: April 24, 2014, 03:00:30 PM »

Here's a radical idea for the whiners: How about you find something nice to say about the GN'R at the Golden Gods. Leave your sarcasm and smart ass remarks at the door.
Consider it your homework.

It's amazing that I actually have to ask "GN'R fans" for that...

Thanks!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #377 on: April 24, 2014, 03:01:23 PM »

They're from the newest album, therefore they are new to casual fans and non-fans. Besides, it's only been about 5 years since Chinese came out which is a fair amount of time for a band like Guns to work an album. The Stones haven't had a new record since 2005 and they haven't played any songs from that album since that tour!!!

This "Jordan Rose" person is deliberately trolling this site and boasting about it on mygnrfilth site.

I was very pleased with the performance and enjoyed the live stream. Some people make every gig into drama and simply hate just to hate. It must be depressing to be addicted to emotions.

This is a great year for GNR!  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #378 on: April 24, 2014, 03:01:58 PM »

Did anyone, in any of the interviews, comment on why Tommy wasn't at this show?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #379 on: April 24, 2014, 03:02:24 PM »

Here's a radical idea for the whiners: How about you find something nice to say about the GN'R at the Golden Gods. Leave your sarcasm and smart ass remarks at the door.
Consider it your homework.

It's amazing that I actually have to ask "GN'R fans" for that...

Thanks!

/jarmo

Well said!

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: