Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:03:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135673 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #380 on: April 24, 2014, 03:03:15 PM »

Big win for GNR fans I guess?  Look, it was fantastic to see Duff on bass, albeit that's going to be short lived.  But apparently wanting to see this band move forward out of the shadow of Chinese Democracy is seemingly asking the world of them or rather Axl, and an invitation for inevitable keyboard beatings from jarmo, who is seemingly content to see this lineup tour on Chinese Democracy from now until forever.  Shucks.  

Well, could you at least be somewhat fair here? Too much to ask?
Because you have this built in resistance to say anything even remotely nice about the band.

Some of whom are quick to say things like "Axl won't show up" or "nobody will buy tickets" and so on. Then when the poster is proven wrong, the response is "big deal" or "they did what they were supposed to".
Insert some remarks about how low the bar is. That's the typical response.

Some spent time worrying about the lack of promotion the last album got, but when the band plays songs from it, at this show, that the casual listener might not have heard, it's just them playing "old songs". Go figure.
You got people saying Axl doesn't promote the current band, well he did. Nobody said a word about it.
Axl gets labeled as a person who holds grudges. Take a listen to his speech. No comments. Why? And what if he had said something even remotely negative about any former members? You'd be here commenting on it! We all know it!

And now it's about them not playing any new songs? Aren't these the same people who complained that some of the Chinese Democracy songs were old because the band had performed them live on tour before the album was out? You want them to play new unreleased songs so you can complain that you didn't get enough new songs when the next album is out? Makes sense.... Tongue

/jarmo

Eh, jarmo, it's been nearly 6 years since Chi Dem was released, and they've been promoting/hyping/touring on it on and off for the better part of 13 years now.  I think it's safe to say that at this point they're grinding their gears if they're still trying to bring attention to it and win people over by showcasing CD songs live and at events like this.  Meaning, if people are digging it, they've bought the album and gone to subsequent shows....many years ago.

And jarmo, please, you're a lot of things but I'm fairly certain that 'psychic' is not among them.  Please don't tell me why I want them to play new songs and what I'll do next, ok?  ok

I love Guns N' Roses, and want to see them move forward and release more music.  Not all of us have something to lose by saying so.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #381 on: April 24, 2014, 03:06:01 PM »

Some of whom are quick to say things like "Axl won't show up" or "nobody will buy tickets" and so on. Then when the poster is proven wrong, the response is "big deal" or "they did what they were supposed to".
Insert some remarks about how low the bar is. That's the typical response.

The world is just so unfair, isn't it?

Look, you make some valid points.  But its tough to take you super seriously when you are out for blood when a "hater" won't step up like you are asking, when all know god damn well you would not even remotely consider doing the reverse.  Is that an unfair statement?  As you bellow from the high horse as you're doing, is there really any chance you would ever come on here and say something went wrong, unlike you predicted?  Be fair here, Jarmo.  Give a little, get a little type of deal there.

Some spent time worrying about the lack of promotion the last album got, but when the band plays songs from it, at this show, that the casual listener might not have heard, it's just them playing "old songs". Go figure. You got people saying Axl doesn't promote the current band, well he did. Nobody said a word about it.

The time to promote 'Chinese Democracy' as an album has come and gone.  Be serious.

Axl gets labeled as a person who holds grudges. Take a listen to his speech. No comments. Why? And what if he had said something even remotely negative about any former members? You'd be here commenting on it! We all know it!

The bit about "all line-ups" was definitely a shock.  A rare trip to the high road for our man.  And props to him for taking it, no doubt.

And now it's about them not playing any new songs? Aren't these the same people who complained that some of the Chinese Democracy songs were old because the band had performed them live on tour before the album was out? You want them to play new unreleased songs so you can complain that you didn't get enough new songs when the next album is out? Makes sense.... Tongue

This is just foolishness.  More of you setting up something to be aggrieved about later.

I do find it telling that the day Axl Rose gets an award acknowledging his work some of you stay completely silent about it.
It's like it never happened.

It must be very tough to give the guy any kind of acknowledgement or credit for what he's doing. And this from people who frequent a GN'R fan site.

Why is that?

I think its pretty obviously done out of spite.  We'll have to address this at our next hater meeting because it doesn't seem to be coming across.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #382 on: April 24, 2014, 03:07:33 PM »

So gnr is now, in 2014, promoting a 2008 album? thats what i read?  rofl
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #383 on: April 24, 2014, 03:08:24 PM »

SAY SOMETHING NICE!!!

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #384 on: April 24, 2014, 03:08:54 PM »

SAY SOMETHING NICE!!!

he sounded better than bridge school
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: April 24, 2014, 03:09:35 PM »

The ultimate irony is that this assessment is not incorrect.  Undecided
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #386 on: April 24, 2014, 03:15:14 PM »

Eh, jarmo, it's been nearly 6 years since Chi Dem was released, and they've been promoting/hyping/touring on it on and off for the better part of 13 years now.  I think it's safe to say that at this point they're grinding their gears if they're still trying to bring attention to it and win people over by showcasing CD songs live and at events like this.  Meaning, if people are digging it, they've bought the album and gone to subsequent shows....many years ago.

Ok, so can we please stop with the "Axl didn't promote the album enough" and "Axl doesn't promote his current band enough" bs then?

And jarmo, please, you're a lot of things but I'm fairly certain that 'psychic' is not among them.  Please don't tell me why I want them to play new songs and what I'll do next, ok?  ok

I've been running this fan site since 1996. Do you know what that means?
It means those of us who have been around for a while have seen a lot. We know the drill.

I love Guns N' Roses, and want to see them move forward and release more music.  Not all of us have something to lose by saying so.

And do you believe in the fact that they will when they are ready to do so?

is there really any chance you would ever come on here and say something went wrong, unlike you predicted?  Be fair here, Jarmo.  Give a little, get a little type of deal there.

Yes:

I'm guessing You're Crazy as the opener.

Edit: It's So Easy!

I was wrong.

The bit about "all line-ups" was definitely a shock.  A rare trip to the high road for our man.  And props to him for taking it, no doubt.

Was that so difficult?

This is just foolishness.  More of you setting up something to be aggrieved about later.

It's called experience.
Been there, seen it.

I think its pretty obviously done out of spite.  We'll have to address this at our next hater meeting because it doesn't seem to be coming across.

Awww, you gotta try to joke about it instead of giving a straight answer. Surprising.

Your skills at understanding might not be what you wish they were.

I'll explain this to you. Axl gets attacked for not promoting the current band enough. When he does, people like yourself ignore it.
Performing songs that had nothing to do with the old band promotes the current. There. Simple.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #387 on: April 24, 2014, 03:16:09 PM »

What is it with GNR when they have a live performance airing either on TV or the internet? Why is it them and ONLY them where its like a crap shoot if the performance (in general) is either great or they get uncomfortably embarrassing. I have been wondering this since that MTV 2001 stunt. I just don't get it. This was really hard for me to watch. I don't want to make excuses or even feel the need to give a disclaimer explaining how much I love GNR and what they have meant to me. This just isn't working. I fucking wish there was more money to made from dropping an album so Axl wouldn't have to keep having to kill himself doing these live shows.

Put the pen to the paper and use whatever is left of that voice and record your art. Guns N' Roses had bad shows back in the day. But they were very VERY few and far between. They were also usually because Slash was too drunk or Axl was too hopped up. But this is something different. Back then a bad performance here or there was fun to see. The scene was just so crazy. Rock N' Roll in the best sense. But this kind of bad showing isn't fun. It's just kind of ?sad.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #388 on: April 24, 2014, 03:23:01 PM »

SAY SOMETHING NICE!!!

he sounded better than bridge school

There you go!

wadey
Legend

« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »

From what ive seen on youtube i thought it wasnt a bad performance
Yeah a couple of things could have been better but im not complaining
Considering Axls age and the fact hes been screaming songs out since the early 80's i thought he did fine
Djs intro to SCOM was damaging to my ears but i noticed he changed guitars half way through the song so im guessing there were some tech issues

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #390 on: April 24, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »

Ok, so can we please stop with the "Axl didn't promote the album enough" and "Axl doesn't promote his current band enough" bs then?

It means those of us who have been around for a while have seen a lot. We know the drill.

is there really any chance you would ever come on here and say something went wrong, unlike you predicted?  Be fair here, Jarmo.  Give a little, get a little type of deal there.

Yes:

I'm guessing You're Crazy as the opener.

Edit: It's So Easy!

I was wrong.

Was that so difficult?

It's called experience.
Been there, seen it.

Awww, you gotta try to joke about it instead of giving a straight answer. Surprising.

Your skills at understanding might not be what you wish they were.

I'll explain this to you. Axl gets attacked for not promoting the current band enough. When he does, people like yourself ignore it.
Performing songs that had nothing to do with the old band promotes the current. There. Simple.

/jarmo

Dont you dare to put me in the section of people that ignore it, I havent ignored anything, how can you say people like me when you dont know me, internet tough guy
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: April 24, 2014, 03:25:45 PM »

Other than occasionally lamenting the yearlong disappearing act following Chinese, I don't do that.

Noted.  But again, I say what I say not to bitch for the sake of bitching, but because I love Guns N' Roses and want to see them move forward.

Without knowing what "ready" means for Axl Rose, there's no way I can answer that question with any degree of certainty.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #392 on: April 24, 2014, 03:28:05 PM »

How do you figure that?

As you often do, you take one argument that you don't like being put forth, and take something unrelated and try and pass it off as the answer to that question.  And shouldn't we feel bad about ourselves for asking it in the first place.

When people say that Axl didn't promote the album or the new band, we meant when the album came out.  When he went into hiding for over a year.  That was the time that needed to be done.

In no rational universe is the answer to the question "How can you say Axl didn't promote the band or the album?" ever, ever, EVER going to be "...when he just did 2 songs off of it, on a internet stream broadcast, 6 years later."

It doesn't make any sense.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #393 on: April 24, 2014, 03:31:57 PM »

Dont you dare to put me in the section of people that ignore it, I havent ignored anything, how can you say people like me when you dont know me, internet tough guy

You either ignored it or didn't understand it when you posted your comment. Which one is it?
I clarified what I said so you don't have to be confused.

Don't get upset if you get a response to what you post. It's called a discussion....

Internet tough guys often hide behind anonymous usernames.  ok

And while we're on the topic of Internet behaviors:
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:33:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #394 on: April 24, 2014, 03:38:22 PM »

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

But do you ever notice how much of that is in response to stuff you try and sell us?

I'm serious.  In my time here I have seen many a thread that is generally void of any malice or nastiness until you saunter in and start your daily lecture.  Much of the "trolling" is challenging some of the, frankly, hard to believe stuff you try and run past us.  Not things any of we dissidents have introduced.

This is not me expecting you to change, by the way.  Just an observation.  I trust you will give it the usual credence you do anything I've ever posted here.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: April 24, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »

But do you ever notice how much of that is in response to stuff you try and sell us?

I'm serious.  In my time here I have seen many a thread that is generally void of any malice or nastiness until you saunter in and start your daily lecture.  Much of the "trolling" is challenging some of the, frankly, hard to believe stuff you try and run past us.  Not things any of we dissidents have introduced.

This is not me expecting you to change, by the way.  Just an observation.  I trust you will give it the usual credence you do anything I've ever posted here.

Not wrong. 

If GNR fans posting about their desire for new music, set variety, etc. constitutes trolling, then every single other Guns forum out there is absolutely nothing but trolls, mods & admins included.  It's an damn epidemic.

......Or they're just normal humans venting their occasional frustrations at a night so tightly run ship, and jarmo is perhaps a liiiiitle too sensitive.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #396 on: April 24, 2014, 03:49:58 PM »

Always the victim.

Like in this thread poor you had to be coaxed into saying something nice.
I don't try to sell anything, I'm posting my opinion.

Many times I see posts that are just full of shit (sorry) and I comment on it. Like you seriously comparing playing in the heat in Miami to playing at a high altitude in La Paz. That's just fucking stupid. I'm sorry if you got your feelings hurt but you can't know everything about everything just because you sit and watch Youtube videos. Some things you need to experience. Like La Paz.

Did you apologize and say you were wrong? No.
But you're quick to ask me to. And when I do. Nothing. Nada.

Recently I was "challenged" on whether or not I had seen the old band. I responded. The response? Nothing. Not even "I was wrong then". Didn't you make claims a while ago saying you'd be the first one to admit you were wrong? Yet it seems like you don't. You ignore every post where you're clearly been proven wrong.
Funny.

If the definition of troll hurts your feelings, I didn't write it. The fact is that you and your buddies seem to ruin every thread with your endless whining about the same things. Why don't you just move on and go listen to that new Slayer track?

Didn't you have enough "fun" already by pretty much ruining 12 13 show threads with the same comments? When does it get old?

If GNR fans posting about their desire for new music, set variety, etc. constitutes trolling, then every single other Guns forum out there is absolutely nothing but trolls, mods & admins included.  It's an damn epidemic.

......Or they're just normal humans venting their occasional frustrations at a night so tightly run ship, and jarmo is perhaps a liiiiitle too sensitive.

I'm sensitive? You're the ones crying as soon as I say something and make yourselves out to be victims. Poor you. No new album. Poor you, the Youtube videos don't sound as good as others. Poor poor you.

Axl just got a nice acknowledgement, GN'R played for an hour. And yet, you're whining about the same things you were whining about last year and the year before.... What's new?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:52:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: April 24, 2014, 03:53:22 PM »

I'm sensitive?

/jarmo

Yes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #398 on: April 24, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »

That's funny. You guys amuse me. Kiss

How's your homework coming along?
Don't try to ignore it. Scroll back and look for the post.

You silly knights of the Off topic table.... Wink

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #399 on: April 24, 2014, 03:56:16 PM »

Always the victim.

You often come across that way, yes.

This thread was simply a discussion about the thing last night.  Not really negative.  Then in you come looking for scalps.  The tone shifts.

And although I cut off the rest of your post here, it was just a bunch of old arguments that have nothing to do with any of this here.  Seeing the old band?  La Paz?  Weren't those conversation that came and went over a week ago?  

Seems like you are toting around a lot of baggage there.  Its not productive.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: