Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:28:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135687 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #460 on: April 25, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »

Yes fellow vegas act, also know very much for her voice, but more than anything to highlight the difference between a "rock act" and what she does.  I want my GnR to have fun, rock out, deliver energy....mistakes or slight imperfections I'm gonna live with....hell I expect it....it's a rock show.

Do people not see that difference?

I was foolin around....in comparing them....

we all love GNR here in some capacity... and we all love seeing them play... but here, or any fan site... people are gonna critique the performances and compare them... dont take it so personally

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #461 on: April 25, 2014, 03:08:33 PM »

Critique is fine and differing opinions are what makes the world go around.  I've seen some awesome shows.  I've seen some rough shows.  But I feel as though the granularity of critique sometimes debated at nausea here,isn't appropriate for a rock show....GnR or not.

A symphony better be bang on.  Rock show is a rock show.

Am I all by myself in this train of thought?

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #462 on: April 25, 2014, 03:13:56 PM »

I dont think anybody is looking for perfection....

but Axl sounds very different these days... thats a fact... i cant blame somebody if thats upsetting to them

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #463 on: April 25, 2014, 03:28:55 PM »

Does it need to be brought up every thread of every show of the same tour?

Celine Dione sounds the exact same as when she was 16.
Exact!

Toronto 10/29&30/17
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #464 on: April 25, 2014, 03:36:50 PM »

Does it need to be brought up every thread of every show of the same tour?

Celine Dione sounds the exact same as when she was 16.
Exact!

That's fair.... I agree the criticism or the talk of lack of "rasp" can get tiresome.... i had no clue what Rasp even meant before i started following this guy on the internet....

and even tho I know i can be critical of the operation or lack of music, his voice is not something I go after, the guy who comes here and just states Axl sounded horrible, or Dj AShba is a poser! is just a waste of time

but ur dream of having everything peachy and positive all the time... is unrealistic... no matter what band you follow

and in an unrelated note... anybody know what happened to One In a Million... hes been MIA for a while... ive always enjoyed his posts
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:43:00 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
oahuguns
Opening Act

« Reply #465 on: April 25, 2014, 03:43:24 PM »

Axl is overweight and out of shape. It's frustrating that he allows himself to stay this way, especially when he has every resource imaginable to change it. It's not about how he looks, who cares, he's 52! But, at the same time just do a little damn cardio and be able to perform at a high level. Or retire. Crazy, but I felt like 'my team' lost the super bowl the other night. He was weak, out of breath, and an embarrassment.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #466 on: April 25, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »

Axl is overweight and out of shape. It's frustrating that he allows himself to stay this way, especially when he has every resource imaginable to change it. It's not about how he looks, who cares, he's 52! But, at the same time just do a little damn cardio and be able to perform at a high level. Or retire. Crazy, but I felt like 'my team' lost the super bowl the other night. He was weak, out of breath, and an embarrassment.

here you go ja5on....lol

this is the kind of stuff that is uncalled for haha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ja5oN
Rocker

« Reply #467 on: April 25, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »

Everything isn't rainbows.  But this isn't a newspaper giving unbiased reviews.  It's a fan site I believe.

DJ and Sweet Child....obviously there was something out of tune with his guitar.  And being the professional showman he is....he made due till he could swap out guitars.... And the rest of the band went along with it.  Done.

A multi page analysis of this issue is not needed.

Award was awesome. Acceptance speech was great.  I saw the band smiling while playing. Saw audience having a good time. I would normally expect 3-4 songs and we got way, WAY more.  Got to see the show streamed free while I'm in Northern Labrador....(pretty awesome).  It was a good night.  Camera men had difficulties following who was soloing on almost very song and there was some sort of stage and audience ruckus but....that's a rock show.  I normally wouldn't think of going to an award show but that one would have been worth it I think.

Vegas can't come soon enough.

Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #468 on: April 25, 2014, 03:52:32 PM »

here you go ja5on....lol

Agreed.  This is the kind of rhetoric that gets tiresome quickly.

I agree with Jason.  Expressing your opinion is fine.  But, bringing up the same thing, show after shows, thread after thread, video posted after video posted, that's tiresome as well.  

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #469 on: April 25, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »

here you go ja5on....lol

I agree with Jason.  Expressing your opinion is fine.  But, bringing up the same thing, show after shows, thread after thread, video posted after video posted, that's tiresome as well.  

Would you say the same thing in reverse?

Meaning, if there were 7 posts in a row about how someone had the "best time ever" and "Axl was on fire" and "it was the best concert in the history of concerts", would they also be told to pipe down?  That the point was made?

In case I'm being just too subtle, I obviously doubt that would ever, ever happen.  10 posts in row that every thing rocks?  All good in the hood.  3 in a row that's not all sunshine and puppy dog tails?  Tiresome and repetitive.  Off to Dead Horse with you "fake fan".

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #470 on: April 25, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »

Maybe you're the kind of person who loves whines and complaints? I just don't. People who can't find anything nice to say are just utterly boring to be around.

To me going to a fan site and having fans enjoy what their favorite band is doing isn't an alien concept at all.
But then again, we all know some GN'R fans will never be happy, so you don't need to worry about that.

"I don't like this, that, that or that about this band. I'll go to a fan site and let everybody know". What a waste of time.. time to find another band that fills your requirements?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #471 on: April 25, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »

Maybe you're the kind of person who loves whines and complaints? I just don't. People who can't find anything nice to say are just utterly boring to be around.

I'm the kind of person interested in an honest dialogue.  I find little value in the extreme positions that everything is awesome just as I do that everything sucks. 

At every GNR board I post at, I am never in either camp and always tell people that are that they are not being realistic.  Here, that means telling some of the pom-pom wavers to relax a bit.  Over at MYGNR, that means telling people that post "Axl is fat LOLZ" is not productive conversation.  In fact, over there, I've even engaged in some of the same talk you are so fond of.  Asking why if someone is clearly that unhappy with GNR, why keep following them?

To me going to a fan site and having fans enjoy what their favorite band is doing isn't an alien concept at all.
But then again, we all know some GN'R fans will never be happy, so you don't need to worry about that.

Awww...woe is Jarmo.  Why do you always go down this road?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #472 on: April 25, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »

Interested in honest dialogue? Interesting. Considering you often choose to ignore answering questions.
What kind of honest one way are you actually interested in? Honestly..

Why do you need to tell people here to relax? Why is it a problem to you that some of us are able to enjoy what the band is doing? Instead of looking for things to complain about and only being able to say something nice if we are asked to?

If you're only here to try to put people down, you're on the wrong fucking site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #473 on: April 25, 2014, 04:22:04 PM »

Interested in honest dialogue? Interesting. Considering you often choose to ignore answering questions.
What kind of honest one way are you actually interested in? Honestly..

I think when a video is posted, all constructive comments should be welcome.

To put it more plainly, I am NOT looking for anything positive to get the thumbs up emoticon and anything remotely critical to be shut down and told to take it to another folder.

And to be clear, I mean constructive.  You want to bounce any and all "Axl is fat", "this is not GNR" types...fine.  I agree.  But "I don't know guys, this sounds a little shaky to me" is not a declaration of war.

Why do you need to tell people here to relax? Why is it a problem to you that some of us are able to enjoy what the band is doing? Instead of looking for things to complain about and only being able to say something nice if we are asked to?

Everything they do can't be awesome, Jarmo.  Its not real world. 

Not every crowd is the best crowd ever.  Not every rendition of WTTJ is a pantheon performance.  But that's all you ever want to hear.  You don't welcome frank discussion, you insist on blind worship.  Its not realistic.  And I don't just mean as it pertains to Guns N' Roses, I mean in life.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #474 on: April 25, 2014, 04:34:13 PM »

Seems like you're not familiar how this place works. So I'll explain it. No problem.

This main section is for people who like to talk about things related to the band. Since the band is active, it's mostly current activities and things relating to the present band.

The Dead Horse section is for people who like to discuss things that are not related to the present activities. Things that could be said and/or discussed at any point. For example, complaining about the setlist. It's not really relevant or fresh in 2014. The same posts could have been made any tour the band has made.

Because at the end of the day, what's interesting and fresh to you, might be something some of us discussed back in 2003! And 2006. And 2011 and 2014! Hence the name of the section, Dead Horse.

Everything they do can't be awesome, Jarmo.  Its not real world. 

Not every crowd is the best crowd ever.  Not every rendition of WTTJ is a pantheon performance.  But that's all you ever want to hear.  You don't welcome frank discussion, you insist on blind worship.  Its not realistic.  And I don't just mean as it pertains to Guns N' Roses, I mean in life.

Wrong.

Seems like you still don't get that whole idea of this fan site. It's not about listing the things you think are wrong day after day. This site is for those fans who are excited about the band and support the band in 2014. If that means seeing them perform live, then so be it.

Not interested in having every show thread be about how the band sucked and played live. Where posts and comments are from people who weren't there. What's the fucking point?
I was at the show. I saw the fans there. Then I read the comments by people who weren't there and it's like day and night. You could look at a thread and think nobody liked the show when in fact there were thousands or tens of thousands of people who had the best time of their lives. Honest discussion?

Or having people tell others they should "relax" and not get too excited about going to a show because the setlist will suck, Axl will not show up or whatever bullshit they post. I am not interested in that.

You assume I expect everybody to like everything. It just shows how naive you think I am. On the contrary, I don't get people who think everything sucks.They have no place here. They can find another band that does what they want and when they want. I'm not interested in that crowd.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:38:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #475 on: April 25, 2014, 04:35:19 PM »

here you go ja5on....lol

Would you say the same thing in reverse?

Meaning, if there were 7 posts in a row about how someone had the "best time ever" and "Axl was on fire" and "it was the best concert in the history of concerts", would they also be told to pipe down?  That the point was made?

In case I'm being just too subtle, I obviously doubt that would ever, ever happen.  10 posts in row that every thing rocks?  All good in the hood.  3 in a row that's not all sunshine and puppy dog tails?  Tiresome and repetitive.  Off to Dead Horse with you "fake fan".
No, I wouldn't say the same thing in reverse.  But, then again I haven't actually encountered an example of what you're talking about.  I don't find positive energy tiresome, generally speaking.  I find comments about someone's weight childish, unnecessary, not constructive and tiresome to read, along with the name-calling, etc.  

I don't see how you can even compare the reverse to this, unless you find positivity de-energizing.  I don't.  Again, though, I haven't encountered such a situation.

Ali
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #476 on: April 25, 2014, 04:41:36 PM »

...Should we pretend everythings ok??? pfft.
  it was just bad.  Undecided    

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #477 on: April 25, 2014, 04:42:49 PM »

Seems like you're not familiar how this place works. So I'll explain it. No problem.

I cut off the rest of this post simply for brevity.  I did read it, and I do understand all points made.

I just have one follow up question.  Do you find no value in a person is interested in the current band, that wants to see the band well, wants to see new things...and sometimes can express that in terms of frustration that there seems to be such little movement on that front?  Is that person a wrong fan, as you see it?

I am of the opinion that no one that chooses to post at this site is some sort of bad fan.  We all know the drill before we log on.  I don't think anyone that posts at this particular site is here to shit on the band.  But sometimes, it seems like you are quick to accuse us of that if we dare say anything out of turn, as you define it.

I don't find that fair or accurate.

I stayed up until 3 in the god damn morning to watch that Golden Gods show, with work the next day at 8.  Would anyone that was not interested in the current state of Guns N' Roses do that?  Do you think I'm some sleeper agent sent here to spread discord?

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #478 on: April 25, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »

twas a nice speech

but let's keep it coherent....he didn't sing during TIL to let Dizzy shine ?

probably a consentration-error. Happens with age and multitasking repetive stuff.

Vince Neil also done that during Shout at The Devil. He just stood there during the verse and then came in during the chorus.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #479 on: April 25, 2014, 05:04:50 PM »

I just have one follow up question.  Do you find no value in a person is interested in the current band, that wants to see the band well, wants to see new things...and sometimes can express that in terms of frustration that there seems to be such little movement on that front?  Is that person a wrong fan, as you see it?

Sometimes? Is sometimes 364 days of the year?

Yes, we all can feel frustrated with things in our lives. It's normal. Feeling frustrated every day and posting the same things over and over again? Seems like a waste of time. Get a hobby or something. Wink

As I've said, if you can't see anything good about the band today, maybe you need a break away from it or something. Maybe it's not healthy to be so frustrated, as you put it, in the long run?

Who wants to be surrounded by a bunch of negative Debbie Downers? Not many people Id' think. Yet on a message board, some think everybody wants these people around because they post their "honest opinion" or vent their frustrations.  nervous

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:36:12 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: