Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:02:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses at 2014 Golden Gods & Axl to receive Ronnie James Dio award  (Read 135671 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #480 on: April 25, 2014, 05:09:04 PM »

I just have one follow up question.  Do you find no value in a person is interested in the current band, that wants to see the band well, wants to see new things...and sometimes can express that in terms of frustration that there seems to be such little movement on that front?  Is that person a wrong fan, as you see it?

Sometimes? Is sometimes 364 days of the year?

Yes, we all can feel frustrated with things in our lives. It's normal. Feeling frustrated every day and posting the same things over and over again? Seems like a waste of time. Get a hobby or something. Wink

As I've said, if you can't see anything good about the band today, maybe you need a break away from it or something. Maybe it's not healthy to be so frustrated, as you put it, in the long run?

Who wants to be surrounded by a bunch of negative Debbie Downers? Not many people Id' think. Yet on a message board, some think everybody wants these people around because they post their "honest opinion" or went their frustrations.  nervous

Well, with all due respect, you can go fuck yourself.

I have bent over backwards this afternoon trying to have a conversation, and all I get is grief.  For a guy that allegedly has such a problem with sarcasm and smartassery, you sure can dish it out.  Maybe its just the taking it that you don't care for.

We're all on the same team here, Jarmo.  No matter how invested you seem to be painting some of us as the enemy.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #481 on: April 25, 2014, 05:11:16 PM »

I just have one follow up question.  Do you find no value in a person is interested in the current band, that wants to see the band well, wants to see new things...and sometimes can express that in terms of frustration that there seems to be such little movement on that front?  Is that person a wrong fan, as you see it?

Yes, we all can feel frustrated with things in our lives. It's normal. Feeling frustrated every day and posting the same things over and over again? Seems like a waste of time. Get a hobby or something. Wink

As I've said, if you can't see anything good about the band today, maybe you need a break away from it or something. Maybe it's not healthy to be so frustrated, as you put it, in the long run?

Who wants to be surrounded by a bunch of negative Debbie Downers? Not many people Id' think. Yet on a message board, some think everybody wants these people around because they post their "honest opinion" or went their frustrations.  nervous

I have bent over backwards this afternoon trying to have a conversation, and all I get is grief.  For a guy that allegedly has such a problem with sarcasm and smartassery, you sure can dish it out.  Maybe its just the taking it that you don't care for.

We're all on the same team here, Jarmo.  No matter how invested you seem to be painting some of us as the enemy.

I answered your questions and that's your reply?

So much for being interested in honest discussions.

And I'm supposed to be sensitive..... 
Of course you didn't address any of the things I brought up. Just an insult.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #482 on: April 25, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »

Jarmo,

You run a great site and are so modest that you are friends with the band.
I know you know so much and respect the privacy of others because you are decent.
I'm sure you know that this troll is posting the same claptrap on all the sites
looking for attention. He is a loser with no life. I think he should be banned because
no one cares about his type. If he had anything good going on his life he would be grateful
and not looking for Gun N' Roses to complete his life or thinking that he has a right to
upset when they don't rock his world.

Keep up the good work here!

@EmilyGNR
I know you are referring to another troll here but this post of yours is so good to use to point out the two or three posters who just come to HTGTH to post negative shit because they can't get the individual attention they crave on the other sites that are 90% negative.

@D-GenerationX
Sorry to inform you that you are not the first person to employ the tactic to insult Jarmo hoping to get yourself banned so that you can go back to the other sites to tell them how he banned you from HTGTH for expressing your "honest opinions" about the current state of GNR and Axl.

@Jarmo
I echo EmilyGNR sentiments about what an awesome site HTGTH is and thank you for all you do for us GNR fans.  Smiley

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #483 on: April 25, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »

DX and Jarmo,

Would you two consider continuing this debate in a PM?   This thread will be referenced years from now for people wanting to read about the award and the music. 
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #484 on: April 25, 2014, 08:34:27 PM »

Jarmo,
Without you, I would not be able to enjoy so many things that have happened with the band.  I honestly live for the band and the site.  I check it so much. 
I joke around a bit too in a trolling way so I can't deny it.
I post many positive things tho and do see the great things going on.  That's why I am so interested in every detail.
I've loved axl since 87 and still do.

I do agree that he needs to improve his voice a bit or adjust.
Rock in Rio, bridge, and this past pro shot awards show he sounds so much worse than he used to that my sister who is 40, went to see them 10 times from 87-93 watched the clips I sent her.  Her reaction was, "is this really axl?"

So with all the great stuff going on, I can understand a fan's frustration.
Generation x, to say go fuck yourself is not really appropriate tho.
Jarmo defends axl and GNR til death but is the one who has the site and u clearly love his site cause u r on here all the time.  And don't get me wrong either Gen X, I agree with many of your opinions.
But a "go fuck yourself?"

Lol. A little over the top.

Regardless , axl is still someone that I want to see, whatever he does.
I just love him.
And I hope he improved cause to the average fan, he is finished.
And that saddens me.

I love duff, love tommy, and the rest.
I respect axl for what he is accomplishing too.

I still though wish he could perform better.
Those high pitch no rasp welcome to jungle and better and others sounds weird sometimes.

Regardless, love the site, respect to u and the band, and I will be watching Vegas!
And if they ever are near my city, Miami, I'm there and living for every part of the show.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #485 on: April 25, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »

I think there is a difference between Rolling Stone Magazine reviewing a given performance and a site dedicated to the fans of the band reviewing the same performance.  If you don't see that.....I don't know.
A Rolling Stone Magazine (and I'm using them as an example) review would tend to try and be "fair", "unbiased" and relate to a larger audience, where as a HTGT member review (I'm calling our post show comments kind of a review) should obviously be more positive because this is a "FAN Site".

F A N    S I T E

If people don't like the sound....be it, Axl's current voice, a guitar players style, current member lineup, setlist choice, whatever.....fine have that opinion, just realize that maybe a discussion thread on a non GNR fan site might better suit those discussions.....you can't be surprised to walk into someones backyard and start complaining about thier lawn, house, dog, car, etc. and then be surprised when it isn't well recieved.

Hey i'll be the pale Canadian, getting sunburnt by the pool in Vegas (that's me in the picture up over there <====)or Hanging out at the back of General Admission.  Come and say hi and we can have a drink.  I'm not trying to make mortal enemies on here....lol   beer

More streaming like the Golden Gods show or the ones I even paid for back in 2012? would be awesome in the future.....

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #486 on: April 25, 2014, 08:55:24 PM »

I think there is a difference between Rolling Stone Magazine reviewing a given performance and a site dedicated to the fans of the band reviewing the same performance.  If you don't see that.....I don't know.
A Rolling Stone Magazine (and I'm using them as an example) review would tend to try and be "fair", "unbiased" and relate to a larger audience, where as a HTGT member review (I'm calling our post show comments kind of a review) should obviously be more positive because this is a "FAN Site".

F A N    S I T E

If people don't like the sound....be it, Axl's current voice, a guitar players style, current member lineup, setlist choice, whatever.....fine have that opinion, just realize that maybe a discussion thread on a non GNR fan site might better suit those discussions.....you can't be surprised to walk into someones backyard and start complaining about thier lawn, house, dog, car, etc. and then be surprised when it isn't well recieved.

Hey i'll be the pale Canadian, getting sunburnt by the pool in Vegas (that's me in the picture up over there <====)or Hanging out at the back of General Admission.  Come and say hi and we can have a drink.  I'm not trying to make mortal enemies on here....lol   beer

More streaming like the Golden Gods show or the ones I even paid for back in 2012? would be awesome in the future.....

Definitely want more live streams.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #487 on: April 25, 2014, 09:00:19 PM »

That was the best quality stream I've had in some time, for anything.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #488 on: April 25, 2014, 09:05:40 PM »

more streams....and more guest spots.

I love the guest spots whether it be Duff or Izzy or Sebastian or Bubbles, whoever....I think that's fun!  and I'm not complaining about current lineup or talking about replacing people....just the guest spots seem to shake things up a bit and I think the band enjoys it and as an audience member , when the band is having a good time, i think we benefit.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #489 on: April 25, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »

Sorry, I just watched this so I don't know what all the fights are or are not. Anyway, what fun! Great set, fitting tribute to Axl, and a piece of trivia I wasn't aware of ... Nic Cage was at the first gig where Jungle was performed!
All in all a good experience for a guns fan.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #490 on: April 25, 2014, 10:25:04 PM »

Axl is overweight and out of shape. It's frustrating that he allows himself to stay this way, especially when he has every resource imaginable to change it. It's not about how he looks, who cares, he's 52! But, at the same time just do a little damn cardio and be able to perform at a high level. Or retire. Crazy, but I felt like 'my team' lost the super bowl the other night. He was weak, out of breath, and an embarrassment.

I think you might have contradicted yourself there, unless you're being sarcastic.
To say Axl is overweight & out of shape & it's frustrating he stays this way, then to say it's not about his looks-he's 52 (he couldn't stay 30 no matter how he tried)  Wink

He only looks overweight with all the on stage clothing, check out the photos with the yellow tracky pants. Not the most flattering dress sense but I prefer them to all that heavy gear on stage & in my eyes there is no weight problem there.
I wish people would stop saying he should retire, sounding like he's an old man. He's not old unless you're in your 20s, then you think everyone over 40 is old.
Do a little cardio? How do you know he doesn't - are you with him 24hrs a day? He may not have sounded the best but I didn't find him an embarrassment as I am so proud that he finally is being recognised for the work he's put into the music industry. Ifit's true that he came from a pretty sad upbringing as a child, bullied at school but has become successful in his field then good on him. Some people who have the start in life that he's had are now in jail.
Again GOOD ON YOU AXL  love love
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #491 on: April 25, 2014, 11:00:56 PM »

It is incredible how awesome of a person he is.  He clearly matured and at 52 is reliable and fun.  He has the best attitude and personality. 

"the new guy"

Princess Leia
« Reply #492 on: April 26, 2014, 03:56:28 AM »

I just have one follow up question.  Do you find no value in a person is interested in the current band, that wants to see the band well, wants to see new things...and sometimes can express that in terms of frustration that there seems to be such little movement on that front?  Is that person a wrong fan, as you see it?

Sorry D, you?re asking for the impossible. You can?t expect Jarmo to see things your way.He can?t have that luxury. Jarmo belongs to the camp. He is doing his job here.

You know Axl checks what it is said in forums. Just a few weeks ago he checked Mygnr. He knows what he is going to find there.  And he has the guts to deal with it.  Gotta love that  Grin
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #493 on: April 26, 2014, 06:43:27 AM »

Does he intend to chat with fans some time again ?

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #494 on: April 26, 2014, 08:01:14 AM »

Probably not, if we keep saying that he is fat and he sounds like shit.

I have failed to see the golden globes yet, but axl has sounded great at previous shows this year, i think. I think he looks great, but who cares how musicians look anyway?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:06:12 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #495 on: April 26, 2014, 08:25:40 AM »

Probably not, if we keep saying that he is fat and he sounds like shit.

I have failed to see the golden globes yet, but axl has sounded great at previous shows this year, i think. I think he looks great, but who cares how musicians look anyway?

I saw billy Joel twice this year.  I definitely am not there for his looks.

adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #496 on: April 26, 2014, 08:36:26 AM »

I will probably never break any record on the numbers of posts I write, I have a life besides GNR forums...unlike some of the peeps around here who have nothing better to do 24/7 than go online and post about AXLs voice/looks and out of tune guitars.

All I have to say is that someone please record this show in HD when it's on VH1 (May 24th I think), I 'll get it and have it on my TV a whole lot. Thanks!
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #497 on: April 26, 2014, 09:08:32 AM »

I have a life besides GNR forums...unlike some of the peeps around here who have nothing better to do 24/7 than go online and post about AXLs voice/looks and out of tune guitars.

[/quote]

Lol

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #498 on: April 26, 2014, 11:19:16 AM »

Sorry D, you?re asking for the impossible. You can?t expect Jarmo to see things your way.He can?t have that luxury. Jarmo belongs to the camp. He is doing his job here.

You know Axl checks what it is said in forums. Just a few weeks ago he checked Mygnr. He knows what he is going to find there.  And he has the guts to deal with it.  Gotta love that  Grin

How do you know he reads these forums? Has someone said he has or are you assuming that due to his comment about haters? I'd be pretty upset to go on a forum & read those sort of things said about me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #499 on: April 26, 2014, 12:34:37 PM »

If you believe everything posted about Axl, I got a bridge to sell.

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: