Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:17:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson: Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses to 'Help Axl Out'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson: Duff McKagan Reuniting With Guns N' Roses to 'Help Axl Out'  (Read 35597 times)
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2014, 09:29:50 PM »

Tommy is a true hero of GNR history, humble and appreciative.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2014, 09:53:38 PM »

So Fine, Attitude, and Raw Power on that setlist.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2014, 11:23:42 PM »

Kudos to both Duff and Tommy. Both are handling this well and class act!!!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2014, 12:00:55 AM »

going to be cool seeing if Duff gets a solo like Tommy has been.... some Attitude maybe?
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2014, 03:03:55 AM »

It's good for Duff too. I hope this doesn't get carried away with full blown reunion rumors but it probably will.

I don't think so, almost nobody cares about a reunion nowadays. Maybe it could be a step forward just to have Slash shacking hands with axl one more time but I think old fans are just too old to encourage the media to start speculations about a reunion in a massive way Wink. It would be cool if Laurel & Hardy could bury the hatchet, I think it would be enough for people out there, but sadly we all know it won't happen.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2014, 03:36:23 AM »

Tommy,,, only class, thanks The General by you support

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2014, 06:54:49 AM »

Both Tommy and Duff are class acts. Kudos to them both.
Indeed yes and both mean bass players. good day to be a gnr fan.

Id say that Tommy was the perfect guy to replace Duff, and obviously Duff is the perfect guy to replace Tommy.

Its a beautifull thing.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2014, 07:20:04 AM »

I wouldn't expect to hear some of the songs from that setlist.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2014, 09:56:30 AM »

I don't think so, almost nobody cares about a reunion nowadays. Maybe it could be a step forward just to have Slash shacking hands with axl one more time but I think old fans are just too old to encourage the media to start speculations about a reunion in a massive way Wink. It would be cool if Laurel & Hardy could bury the hatchet, I think it would be enough for people out there, but sadly we all know it won't happen.

With all due respect, where the hell are you living?  "Almost nobody cares about a reunion nowadays"  Are you for real?

A reunion will always be far and away the most interesting thing that ever happens with this band.  That's not to shit on the current line-up, but its just the reality of the situation.  Nothing would generate more press.  Nothing would bring back more fans.  Nothing would sell better as a product.

I'm right with you that aliens will invade and colonize the planet before Axl agreed to it, but that's a separate conversation.  People would be very interested.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:39 AM »

With all due respect, where the hell are you living?  "Almost nobody cares about a reunion nowadays"  Are you for real?

A reunion will always be far and away the most interesting thing that ever happens with this band.  That's not to shit on the current line-up, but its just the reality of the situation.  Nothing would generate more press.  Nothing would bring back more fans.  Nothing would sell better as a product.

I'm right with you that aliens will invade and colonize the planet before Axl agreed to it, but that's a separate conversation.  People would be very interested.

The fact that Jarmo has to censor this board as much as he does just goes to show that a reunion is still as popular as ever among fans.
Personally, I don't waste my time thinking about it.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2014, 10:06:05 AM »

I don't think so, almost nobody cares about a reunion nowadays

LOL, I too would like to know where this factoid comes from.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »

The fact that Jarmo has to censor this board as much as he does just goes to show that a reunion is still as popular as ever among fans.
Personally, I don't waste my time thinking about it.

Its just common sense, I think.

Think of it like one of those "choose your own adventure" books we read as kids, where you could turn to 2 different pages to pick up 2 different threads.

Your first option is "Chinese Democracy II is released".  The other is "Guns N' Roses announce a reunion tour".

Can anyone make a serious argument that these generate anywhere close to the same reaction?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »

This conversation is going to lead to another locked thread.....

This just shows duff doesn't hold a grudge and wants to have a good time...if they all could do that....

Duff was not happy Axl no showed the HOF...but he just doesn't care about the bitter shit anymore...can't wait to see some video of this

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »

This just shows duff doesn't hold a grudge and wants to have a good time...if they all could do that....

Duff was not happy Axl no showed the HOF...but he just doesn't care about the bitter shit anymore...can't wait to see some video of this

When did Duff say he wasn't happy with Axl over the HOF thing?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
overmatik
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2014, 10:55:17 AM »

I gotta tell you, watching the "Rose Brothers" singing So Fine on stage will be very emotional...

"I owe a favor to a friend
My friends, they always come through for me, yeah"  beer

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »

He didn't...just the impression I got..more disappointment he expressed they couldn't play

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2014, 10:58:35 AM »

I gotta tell you, watching the "Rose Brothers" singing So Fine on stage will be very emotional...

"I owe a favor to a friend
My friends, they always come through for me, yeah"  beer

So fine would really be a highlight for me as well

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »

He didn't...just the impression I got..more disappointment he expressed they couldn't play

I'm sure they were all annoyed by it.

Yes, yes, despite the "overwhelming positive reaction" that was suggested occurred.

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2014, 12:21:24 PM »

Does anyone think this reinforces the rumor from a few years back that they were trying to bring in Duff in as a replacement for Tommy when he was considering quitting the band?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2014, 12:43:27 PM »

Does anyone think this reinforces the rumor from a few years back that they were trying to bring in Duff in as a replacement for Tommy when he was considering quitting the band?

I don't know.  I never really saw where Duff would be all that interested in it.  He has no real connection with any of these guys.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: