Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:10:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bras?lia, DF, Brazil, March 25, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bras?lia, DF, Brazil, March 25, 2014 updates  (Read 32716 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2014, 10:05:53 PM »

Ok fine.  But there are people who were at the show, and have commented on here that Axl sounded "ok", the show started late, and fans were booing.  That's not really a ringing endorsement.  Where's the response to those comments?  Are they just disregarded because they also had a good time?

Okay let me start with the started late/fans booing...and I'm guessing you've been to at least one show ...  Any GNR fan who has 'followed' the band FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME between say 25 years ago up to the last tour, has to be fully aware of the strong possibility that the band won't hit the stage anywhere from like 1 to 3 hours AFTER the opening acts finish.  During the change-over time, the fans get restless or whatever and boo.  Now it doesn't matter if it's only takes an hour, some fans are going to start booing the second the opening acts finish (sometimes even while they're still on).  Anyways.....  Intro starts.  Booing stops.  Axl hits the stage.  Fans go insane with excitement.

Fans coming away from a show saying they had a good time obviously is what you'd hope for at the end of the day.

Some fans coming away saying they thought Axl sounded "ok" is fine because that's their opinion.  You're never going to get a 100% ringing endorsement.  People are looking for different things when they go to any show.  But I'd bet you a dime to a dollar if you asked those same people if they'd attend another show if they had the opportunity, 99% of those people are there with (cow) bells on!!!  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2014, 10:20:22 PM »

Ok fine.  But there are people who were at the show, and have commented on here that Axl sounded "ok", the show started late, and fans were booing.  That's not really a ringing endorsement.  Where's the response to those comments?  Are they just disregarded because they also had a good time?

Okay let me start with the started late/fans booing...and I'm guessing you've been to at least one show ...  Any GNR fan who has 'followed' the band FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME between say 25 years ago up to the last tour, has to be fully aware of the strong possibility that the band won't hit the stage anywhere from like 1 to 3 hours AFTER the opening acts finish.  During the change-over time, the fans get restless or whatever and boo.  Now it doesn't matter if it's only takes an hour, some fans are going to start booing the second the opening acts finish (sometimes even while they're still on).  Anyways.....  Intro starts.  Booing stops.  Axl hits the stage.  Fans go insane with excitement.

Fans coming away from a show saying they had a good time obviously is what you'd hope for at the end of the day.

Some fans coming away saying they thought Axl sounded "ok" is fine because that's their opinion.  You're never going to get a 100% ringing endorsement.  People are looking for different things when they go to any show.  But I'd bet you a dime to a dollar if you asked those same people if they'd attend another show if they had the opportunity, 99% of those people are there with (cow) bells on!!!  Grin

I'm still trying to find out in this thread where I see people complaining about this specific show if they were there? lol Maybe I just got tired of reading , But I'll be there again for show # 28 for myself since 87!!! SO I'm stoked!!. Cheesy

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2014, 10:49:38 PM »

I'm still trying to find out in this thread where I see people complaining about this specific show if they were there? lol Maybe I just got tired of reading , But I'll be there again for show # 28 for myself since 87!!! SO I'm stoked!!. Cheesy

Wow, you were at the 12.13.91 show?

That's my favorite GNR show ever, any line-up, any era.  Amazing setlist.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2014, 12:33:44 AM »

Yeah all three of those MSG shows, def was a blast, I bought tix for the first show 12-9-91, and scalped the 10th and 13th and waited out the scalpers, lol I didn't buy till almost 11pm, and they thought they were getting over on me! Selling me the tix for half face value, and GNR hadn't even gone on yet.lol But yeah each show was amazing. I look forward to a decent pro-sound recording of this Brasilia show.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2014, 04:49:44 AM »

Who is 'us'? And why does it make you (us) better judge than the people judging the show from You Tube?

Didn't you understand? I said those of us who saw all shows on this tour. And not on Youtube!

Why would they be better than you to judge? Because they've seen every show on the tour? And not on Youtube!
I'm sorry if I value their opinion more than yours.

By the way, some of these people don't need tickets....

/jarmo

Jarmo ive been in 3 gnr shows, Madrid 2006 and 2010 and Mallorca 2012 and the voice was different in 2010 than 2012,in youtube,at staduim and in the moon.

Axl is not singing like 2010,or like he used to sing.Most of the songs were recorded with rasp, you can sing it without rasp but its pretty obvius that would not sound the same.

I really enjoyed 2006/2010 gigs and 2012 i realized how weak he was sounding
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2014, 05:10:04 AM »

If anyone cares the YouTube clips sound good to me.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2014, 06:47:41 AM »

Checkout the setlist from the 91' Greensboro show-my first. It was about a month before the UYI's came out so we were hearing most of songs for the first time  & they played almost almost all of them- also played 9 of 12 from Appetite. At the time it was their longest- they had 4 separate encore performances, the last of which only a couple of hundred people were left cause they were sure the show was finally over including myself who was nearly out the arena door when I heard Axl say "Greensboro come on down!"  & a select few were treated to an up close & personal performance of PC. Had to pinch myself.  I Was seated in the rafters &  was now a couple of feet from this band that I fell in love with on MTV. I love the new band & shows but that experience will never be topped-thank god I saw that line up at least once! smoking

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2014, 07:33:21 AM »

Who is 'us'? And why does it make you (us) better judge than the people judging the show from You Tube?

Didn't you understand? I said those of us who saw all shows on this tour. And not on Youtube!

Why would they be better than you to judge? Because they've seen every show on the tour? And not on Youtube!
I'm sorry if I value their opinion more than yours.

By the way, some of these people don't need tickets....

/jarmo

Jarmo ive been in 3 gnr shows, Madrid 2006 and 2010 and Mallorca 2012 and the voice was different in 2010 than 2012,in youtube,at staduim and in the moon.

Axl is not singing like 2010,or like he used to sing.Most of the songs were recorded with rasp, you can sing it without rasp but its pretty obvius that would not sound the same.

I really enjoyed 2006/2010 gigs and 2012 i realized how weak he was sounding

Ok.
But what's that got to do with the fact that people who were at all three first shows on this tour thought the latest one was the best one out of the three?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2014, 08:30:45 AM »

Checkout the setlist from the 91' Greensboro show-my first. It was about a month before the UYI's came out so we were hearing most of songs for the first time  & they played almost almost all of them- also played 9 of 12 from Appetite. At the time it was their longest- they had 4 separate encore performances, the last of which only a couple of hundred people were left cause they were sure the show was finally over including myself who was nearly out the arena door when I heard Axl say "Greensboro come on down!"  & a select few were treated to an up close & personal performance of PC. Had to pinch myself.  I Was seated in the rafters &  was now a couple of feet from this band that I fell in love with on MTV. I love the new band & shows but that experience will never be topped-thank god I saw that line up at least once! smoking
GNRontour does not give much info about that show,
sounds like a heavenly experience!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »

GNRontour does not give much info about that show,
sounds like a heavenly experience!
.  Ur absolutely right- I have not seen an official setlist or any info posted anywhere other than MTV at the time saying it was the longest show they had played the next day (later that day) I also have tons of bootlegs from shows around that time & I have seen no footage whatsoever & it was before the age of Internet/ forums so I have not heard of anyone else who was there. But yeah it was fuckin Heavenly- I was stunned with how much energy they all had- Slash was Criss- crossing the stage leaping off 5ft ramps while playing all nite & Axl was just insanely awesome- Izzy was still in the band also- it was amazing hearing songs like Double Talkin Jive- Coma- Estranged- Breakdown & Perfect Crime to name a few, for the 1st time. I felt so bad for a number of people that got tossed out after Skid Row for fighting since they were to drunk to handle waitin 2+ hrs for GnR - yeah Heavenly for sure - it was the fuckin ultimate concert experience!

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2014, 11:24:28 AM »

I wonder if the "band" keeps a recording of all shows?
Even if they did, "do they still exist" would be the next question....

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2014, 12:02:26 PM »

This is for haters...What a crowd and what a fun...Amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqZzesmEc_w&feature=share
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2014, 12:19:04 PM »

This is for haters...What a crowd and what a fun...Amazing

Have any "haters" made any sort of disparaging comments about the crowd energy?  If they have, I've missed it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2014, 12:57:09 PM »

This is for haters...What a crowd and what a fun...Amazing

. Amen! It really is amazing to feel the bass shake u to your core & have the power of Axl's voice rip u in half- I have been lifted off the ground several times with the swell of the crowd during Jungle & I weigh 200 lbs.! It is a thrill like no other! beer
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:59:40 PM by NCrazy » Logged

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »

no offense guys....im glad you get off on the performance

but watch welcome to the jungle at rock am germany from 2006....and then tell me that this clip is earth shattering....
\that whole show.... best version of Nighttrain too

i love the guy as much as the next guy.... there is just a world of difference ... i dont hold it against him... just the way it is ... i try to look at it objectively

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »

but watch welcome to the jungle at rock am germany from 2006....and then tell me that this clip is earth shattering....

no offense taken- YouTube clips can't capture what it feels like to b there- there were many incredible shows in 2006- I think the Nightrain at Rock Am Ring sounds the best DVD & Cd-  amazing solo & just incredible w energy from Axl- he added like 10 xtra "fucks" Also- it's all good!  peace
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:17:19 PM by NCrazy » Logged

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2014, 01:12:24 PM »

i love the guy as much as the next guy.... there is just a world of difference ... i dont hold it against him... just the way it is ... i try to look at it objectively

There is no objective analysis of his vocals between now and then and not see a drop off.  Its just not possible.

Now, if you want to get into how you can still live with it, fine.  That's a different argument, one of rationalization.  That's something each individual needs to do and make their own peace with.

But you sound like a fool trying to say there is no change evident here.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »

There is no objective analysis of his vocals between now and then and not see a drop off.  Its just not possible.

Now, if you want to get into how you can still live with it, fine.  That's a different argument, one of rationalization.  That's something each individual needs to do and make their own peace with.

But you sound like a fool trying to say there is no change evident here.

This.  Exactly.  The argument that youtube doesn't properly capture his voice is bogus and a scapegoat.  Somehow youtube got it right for Rock am Ring in '06...
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »

His voice now is not even close to some shows from 2006-2010.
However, NO youtube clip captures what it is like to be there.  For some reason, when you are there, his voice sounds way better than on youtube.  Even now, if you are there, how well he sings is not as important as the energy of the show.  But I would not be able to say his voice was not sick in 2010 London compared to 2012 London. 

I love Axl and am thankful for him continuously touring for the last 5 years.  I do wish to hear some of the old axl, but I have not seen that.  I will take his voice now and getting to see him over not touring any day though!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »

His voice now is not even close to some shows from 2006-2010.
However, NO youtube clip captures what it is like to be there.  For some reason, when you are there, his voice sounds way better than on youtube.  Even now, if you are there, how well he sings is not as important as the energy of the show.  But I would not be able to say his voice was not sick in 2010 London compared to 2012 London. 

I love Axl and am thankful for him continuously touring for the last 5 years.  I do wish to hear some of the old axl, but I have not seen that.  I will take his voice now and getting to see him over not touring any day though!
. Exactly what I was just gonna say! ok

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'