Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does Axl BullShit or Does Slash Lie
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Axl BullShit or Does Slash Lie  (Read 15344 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2002, 10:47:50 PM »

its hard too tell....but one of the reasons duff and slash left was over Paul...and then axl said people didn't realize he was just gonna be there till they got a new guitarist.
If that's true, why didn't Axl simply tell Slash that he was bringing in Paul?  Slash once said that he didn't even realize that it was Paul Tobias playing "mirror" guitar on "Sympathy for the Devil" until after the song was released, because Axl never told him he was bringing in another guitarist.  Slash's gripe with that was that Axl made that decision without consulting him or Duff.

And remember, Axl also fired Matt Sorum even after Duff explicitly told him he couldn't do it without the consent of the rest of the band.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 04:24:05 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Mr. Brownstone
Rocker

Cause silence isn't golden if you're holding it in inside...

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2002, 12:18:47 AM »

I hate the way people are quick to mention what a "mental control freak" Axl is, but usually forget to remmember Slash was one of the junkies of all junkies :-/ not saying I dislike the guy, I fucking love him but the guy was dead for three minutes due to drug abuse, let's not forget that Wink
sure, he's much much better now, but I bet he still isn't a wholesome down to eart family guy Wink

You're points are taken well. But lets also remember Axl was a junkie too. Maybe not as bad as Slash, thats for sure. But one thing to remember about substance abuse is that it is a disease that needs a cure. Axl's mental control problems are easy to see and point out. In a lot of ways I see that as the main factor of the break-up. Of course there are alot of varying opinions out there.

Cars are crashin' everynight,
I drink n' drive everythings in sight,
I make the fire but I miss the firefight,
I hit the bull's eye everynight
It's so easy, easy...
crazylisa
Opening Act

Guns N' Roses are the best. Can't wait to see they play.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2002, 01:48:45 AM »

Exactly MR.BROWNSTONE.  They are the only two that know the truth and I doubt we'll ever know.

Will would only get the truth if GNR got back together in the futurer. Thats would be nice if the old GNR did get back together one day   Grin. Lisa
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2002, 09:06:16 AM »

Its probably a bit of both

Even Izzy said that Slash & Duff were still destroying themselves when he filled in for Gilby Clarke in 1993, futher proof was Duff's pancreas exploding in 1994. So yes, Slash & Duff, & Izzy (1990 & before) were all fucked up real bad on drugs, same with Steven.

But the thing thats also been said by each GNR member (I read these interviews today too) that Axl after fame hit him turned into a control freak

Axl wanted to control where the band was going, instead of asking for input from each member, he just made it his word was final. The best example was bringing in Paul Huge. Axl just put him in without notifying any of the members, the members even gave him a try until they realized he was the shits & that he was only there because of Axl. They all went up to Axl expressing there concerns, but Axl told them fuck you he is in the band

It's interesting to read something Izzy said too. Izzy went to school with Axl, he was unpopular & got alot of crap for being a skinny red head. He was never laid in high school & he suffered abuse at home. Then almost overnight Axl was this BIG ROCK STAR, he had alot girls after him & alot of yes men around him, therefore when someone finally said no he was so used to the yes answer he would go crazy.

It changed him. You can see he got caught up in the fame deal. GNR first 2 cd's were hard rock stuff, stuff from teh streets. Then during UYI we see November Rain & Estranged, & all of sudden GNR are soft & clean, in huge mansions getting driven in limo's. You notice that none of the other band members changed, they were still the same looking same attitude, but Axl you could see him change & thats why they broke up, because Slash & co just wanted to make good hard rock, regardless whether it sold or not, Axl wanted to move with the times so GNR would still be making $$$

Axl was always the one arriving late for the shows when he became this big rockstar (& hey look he still does it) while his band mates arrive together at a good time to rehearse, Axl being the team player he is goes up alone, arrives late & leaves his band members & fans waiting

Thats why Izzy left, he was sick of Axl's irratic behavior. Izzy said how the St Louis thing was so stupid as its not the first time they had been bootlegged what Axl did could've killed people like in England in 1988.

Axl naming this band G-N-R (he can fool his sheep, but fans like me know this aint G-N-R, its not the same band, fine replace a guitarist or drummer here or there, but when theres only 1 of the original 5 remaining then thats definately a different band) is stupid & i hope it slaps him on the ass. Dont get me wrong this new band is great, but this aint G-N-R.

G-N-R was Appetite. This new stuff is just Axl Rose & his back up's (lets face it, he considers himself the captain)

So yeah basically Axl bullshits. Slash & Duff go out there sayinG Axl's still there friend & would stick up for him if someone said stuff about him, but Axl just continues to trash the people who helped make him who he is.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2002, 09:08:30 AM by eNgIeS » Logged
Dizzy
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2002, 10:03:31 AM »

Great post Engles.

It's interesting to read something Izzy said too. Izzy went to school with Axl, he was unpopular & got alot of crap for being a skinny red head. He was never laid in high school & he suffered abuse at home. Then almost overnight Axl was this BIG ROCK STAR, he had alot girls after him & alot of yes men around him, therefore when someone finally said no he was so used to the yes answer he would go crazy.  It changed him. You can see he got caught up in the fame deal.
Yep, Duff was once asked why Axl became so egomaniacal.  His response was "Because people around him maintain him in that state of mind.  They kept telling him he was right about everything."

According to Duff, Axl fired Matt Sorum because Matt told Axl he was wrong about tour scheduling and the way Axl was always late in the studio and elsewhere.
Mat
Rocker

GNR will rock the world in 2006!

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2002, 10:14:02 AM »

I have some difficulties to hear that all band members perfectly got along with each other. The current Slash/Duff/Matt/Izzy project, I was waiting for it in 1996. If they all perfectly got along with each other, why they didn't do it before? Why is it the first time that Duff and Slash write as band again?

About Izzy departure, don't only blame Axl. He didn't want to do this big gigs, but he was also unhappy because he couldn't even hear his guitar when he was playing. Slash take a lot of place in a band as the lead guitarist. He didn't want to have Izzy in GNR if I recall. Also about Slash, there was all this crap about his "artistic open mind" playing all kind of music with everybody, but left Axl cause he was doing industrial. What? Music isn't industrial only because you play a few samples and keyboard (listen Skinny Puppy to know what is real industrial).

The point is, BOTH Axl and Slash just tell you their side of the story. They BOTH want to make as their are the nice guy and the other is the baby.
Mat
Rocker

GNR will rock the world in 2006!

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2002, 10:19:28 AM »

According to Duff, Axl fired Matt Sorum because Matt told Axl he was wrong about tour scheduling and the way Axl was always late in the studio and elsewhere.

I remember reading an interview with Matt, I think from lostrose.com. One day in studio, Paul Huge made a joke about Slash and then Matt decided to leave the studio that precise moment.

Slash, Duff, Matt and Izzy left on their own. Only Steven and Gilby were fired.
Mr. Brownstone
Rocker

Cause silence isn't golden if you're holding it in inside...

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2002, 10:19:39 AM »

Its probably a bit of both

Even Izzy said that Slash & Duff were still destroying themselves when he filled in for Gilby Clarke in 1993, futher proof was Duff's pancreas exploding in 1994. So yes, Slash & Duff, & Izzy (1990 & before) were all fucked up real bad on drugs, same with Steven.

But the thing thats also been said by each GNR member (I read these interviews today too) that Axl after fame hit him turned into a control freak

Absolutley. I have been of this view for a very long time. As one Gn'R fan to another, I can tell you that I felt, listened to, and saw this change during the years leading up to the Illusions and after them. Of course for me it started with Steven. Though Steven's departure was not just an Axl thing. But you could see that the band was beginng its decent into self destruction. It really was to bad.

Axl wanted to control where the band was going, instead of asking for input from each member, he just made it his word was final. The best example was bringing in Paul Huge. Axl just put him in without notifying any of the members, the members even gave him a try until they realized he was the shits & that he was only there because of Axl. They all went up to Axl expressing there concerns, but Axl told them fuck you he is in the band.

Yes this is true from what I have read. And its too bad. Axl always doing things "his way" and not consulting with the band. This does not seem to be a problem bfore Illusions and during the "Appetite" era. Axl clothed in leather is the best Axl I know.

It's interesting to read something Izzy said too. Izzy went to school with Axl, he was unpopular & got alot of crap for being a skinny red head. He was never laid in high school & he suffered abuse at home. Then almost overnight Axl was this BIG ROCK STAR, he had alot girls after him & alot of yes men around him, therefore when someone finally said no he was so used to the yes answer he would go crazy.

Yes. Its interesting that Axl and Izzy were schoolmates. I also read about Axl's unpopularity. It was something that made him who he is. However, it was'nt just unpopularity. Axl was part of a group of other "outcasts" that exsisted in the small Indiana town. These people were the "different ones". The ones who had problems yes, but ones who were also extremely creative. This was the crowd which Axl hung out. I am not sure if had got laid in high school. But he did hang around other girls back then as well. By the way, this is were axl learned to play piano (in his room) and fall in love with Elton John songs.

It changed him. You can see he got caught up in the fame deal. GNR first 2 cd's were hard rock stuff, stuff from teh streets. Then during UYI we see November Rain & Estranged, & all of sudden GNR are soft & clean, in huge mansions getting driven in limo's. You notice that none of the other band members changed, they were still the same looking same attitude, but Axl you could see him change & thats why they broke up, because Slash & co just wanted to make good hard rock, regardless whether it sold or not, Axl wanted to move with the times so GNR would still be making $$$

Well I am not certain about Axl wanting to make $$$, as his motivation for the band expanding and ultimately breaking up. though I don't doubt it was part of it, certainly something that was on his mind weather it was subconiously or not.

But I do agree with your assertion that Slash Izzy and Duff did not change. And this where the problem arises. Axl was the only one that changed in Guns n' Roses. Now take this for what its worth people, but if only one member of the band changes and the rest don't (for the most part), why did Guns n' Roses have to change the way it did so? Why did axl have to get his way and leave out the others? I don't quite understand this and perhaps never will. But Axl was one person in the band. He could have very easily formed a solo band in which he could do what ever he wanted or felt. Not only would he most likely have been successful with his solo project, (after all he is emensly talented) he would have not only spared Izzy, Slash, and Duff, pain, but us as the fans. I here speak as one. If one looks at the solo projects of Guns n' Roses, we see that none of them with the exception of Izzy's Ju Ju Hounds (in my opinion of course), had some decent success. Slash aslo dabled with a bit of success. But nothing really substantial to build on. Axl on the other hand could have been emensly successful. There is no doubt about this from any Guns n' Roses fan I know. The guy is power, the guy is amazing, And he is a wonderful writer despite what public opinion may say.

So while in the process of developing his own music through his solo project where he could do what ever his heart desires without any descention he could have saved Guns n' Roses. He could have taken the high road people. he could have said to himself, that he needs to have another outlet which isn't Guns n' Roses. Though it may be a related creative outlet for Axl I don't see how any of this could have had a bad effect on any of the Guns n Roses members. All of the heart ache that is Guns n' Roses could have been resolved simply by Axl being just a bit courtious to his band members. And yes I do think they desereved at least that. Its over now, cause Axl is who he is. He will never change. (at least as far as we know)

Axl was always the one arriving late for the shows when he became this big rockstar (& hey look he still does it) while his band mates arrive together at a good time to rehearse, Axl being the team player he is goes up alone, arrives late & leaves his band members & fans waiting

Yes this is part of the problem. Certainly it is part of the Axl syndrome problem that still exsists today. Like I said, he will never change.

Thats why Izzy left, he was sick of Axl's irratic behavior. Izzy said how the St Louis thing was so stupid as its not the first time they had been bootlegged what Axl did could've killed people like in England in 1988.

Well, I am sure Izzy's leaving was partly becouse of Axl rediculous behavoir. (getting to shows 2 hours late; ranting and raving about rediculous photo's being taken;) Lets face it Axl here was being abit vein. There are people (axl's former friends) that go on record as saying that Axl had become vein. This one particular person goes on record as saying she told him exactly that; that he is vein. Axl of course dumped her, as he was not up to hearing such things in the hieght of his fame and popularity. (don't ask me for references here the interview does exsist, I just cant remember where).

Now, to make this sound more believable to the non-believers, there is also on record, a friend that said during Axl's pre-Appetite years leading up to AFD, and then after appetite, that Axl seemed to be having identification problems with his identity. That his Axl Rose persona was becoming something that he struggled with and had trouble identifying with which (persona) to deal with reality. It was said that this was an ongoing problem for his friend to deal with.

Axl naming this band G-N-R (he can fool his sheep, but fans like me know this aint G-N-R, its not the same band, fine replace a guitarist or drummer here or there, but when theres only 1 of the original 5 remaining then thats definately a different band) is stupid & i hope it slaps him on the ass. Dont get me wrong this new band is great, but this aint G-N-R.

Yes agreed. The new band is great, sounds great, but it really aint Guns n' Roses. Too bad Axl had the chance. He could have named his band somethimg else which would have made alot of people very happy. Not only that but it would not be such a slap in the face to his former bandmates. Nice Axl, you get the feeling that he has trouble treating people. In all honesty, its total disrespect what Axl did. Inexcusable. Entirelly.

G-N-R was Appetite. This new stuff is just Axl Rose & his back up's (lets face it, he considers himself the captain)

Yep. I really like the name"RoSe" for his solo gig.

So yeah basically Axl bullshits. Slash & Duff go out there sayinG Axl's still there friend & would stick up for him if someone said stuff about him, but Axl just continues to trash the people who helped make him who he is.

Yep. It will never end. Trust me.

If you see the end in site, please let us in on it.

Cars are crashin' everynight,
I drink n' drive everythings in sight,
I make the fire but I miss the firefight,
I hit the bull's eye everynight
It's so easy, easy...
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2002, 10:52:13 AM »

I agree on the fact that fame has had an enourmous influence on Axl and it has changed him, but it also changed the others. It's not only him. I don't wanna sound like I'm licking Axl's ass, he for sure has been the one where you could see those changes most.
Axl wanted to control where the band was going, instead of asking for input from each member, he just made it his word was final.
I don't think that it really was his intention to take control over the band, he wanted to make GN'R as big as possible and that wasn't necessarily the intention of everybody else in the band (for example Izzy). I've always thought and still think that... I mean, we all know that all five of them had been on drugs in the 80's and from a certain time on Axl hasn't done too much drugs anymore, but Slash and Duff and Izzy - they were still on drugs a lot as far as I know/remember. To me it seems more like they weren't able to handle this whole "band-thing" that got bigger and bigger, they probably didn't even realize it. And I guess Axl just tried to manage the whole thing as good as he could - well, and he might haven't realized either the moment where he had taken over. He isn't perfect also.
Well, yes, I agree that there is a difference between Appetite and the Illusions, but that's a matter of taste which style you like better. For me both are great, but... if the Illusions would have been the same style as Appetite some people would have said that GN'R has stuck in the 80's and the band isn't evolving or developing. I think that this was an internal problem in the band coz Axl wanted to develope their style and try new things while the others where more excited about doing another simple hardrock record.
Sure, you're right on that, but that's Axl how we have known him and how we still know him. Maybe he'll grow up sometime in future... Grin
You can't blame Axl for the Donington incident where these two people died. He hasn't thrown any tantrum there, they didn't even know about it until the band arrived at the hotel - that's what I've heard from interviews. St. Louis was ridiculous, but...
I won't answer on this one coz we've already had that too many times I guess... Grin
I don't think Axl bullshits. It's not nice what he says when he's talking about his former band mates, but I don't think that he really hates them or anything like that. I don't understand why they can't just be friends, but I'm sure they have their reasons and we all know shit about it. Slash & Co might be over that and Axl... maybe he needs just a bit more time/distance...

It's a miracle how long we can stay in a world our mind's created, in a world that's full of shit - Coma
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2002, 11:21:46 AM »

I agree on the fact that fame has had an enourmous influence on Axl and it has changed him, but it also changed the others. It's not only him. I don't wanna sound like I'm licking Axl's ass, he for sure has been the one where you could see those changes most.

I don't think it changed the others at all, except maybe more drug taking & eventually dropping the "reckless life". I read an interview were Duff said that Axl wanted to do a tour real fast before getting the album done (in 1996) because they got offered alot of money, but Duff said he refused as he doesn't care about the money as he has a house, a car & thats all he needs, & would rather do the album.

You can just look at them. Slash, Izzy & Duff still dressed or looked the same way they did during the 1980's while had taken a newer look & even songs they were writing. Slash, Izzy & Duff wanted to do hard stuff like Appetite, Axl was the one who wanted to change, & he changed good musically, as a person he became more & more "crazy"

I don't think that it really was his intention to take control over the band, he wanted to make GN'R as big as possible and that wasn't necessarily the intention of everybody else in the band (for example Izzy). I've always thought and still think that... I mean, we all know that all five of them had been on drugs in the 80's and from a certain time on Axl hasn't done too much drugs anymore, but Slash and Duff and Izzy - they were still on drugs a lot as far as I know/remember. To me it seems more like they weren't able to handle this whole "band-thing" that got bigger and bigger, they probably didn't even realize it. And I guess Axl just tried to manage the whole thing as good as he could - well, and he might haven't realized either the moment where he had taken over. He isn't perfect also.

I think when you replace a member of your band without asking the other band mates & then basically telling them "stiff shit he is in whether you like it or not" is controlling. Sure, Axl didnt just say "i'm gonna be in control" its more of selfishness, instead of coming to compromise he wants it done his way whether or not the rest like it.

Well, yes, I agree that there is a difference between Appetite and the Illusions, but that's a matter of taste which style you like better. For me both are great, but... if the Illusions would have been the same style as Appetite some people would have said that GN'R has stuck in the 80's and the band isn't evolving or developing. I think that this was an internal problem in the band coz Axl wanted to develope their style and try new things while the others where more excited about doing another simple hardrock record.

I like UYI too, same as Appetite.

Sure, you're right on that, but that's Axl how we have known him and how we still know him. Maybe he'll grow up sometime in future... Grin

No further comment needed Cheesy

You can't blame Axl for the Donington incident where these two people died. He hasn't thrown any tantrum there, they didn't even know about it until the band arrived at the hotel - that's what I've heard from interviews. St. Louis was ridiculous, but...

Yeah I know i wasnt, but he should know that pissing off fans could cause a riot were people get hurt. Sure I dont mind him jumping into the crowd really, but the fact is, people paid good money to see them, & he blew it off & wasted there money & time by walking off the stage, heck the band even kept playing until Axl said he was going home, he could've just started singing again, heck i reckon that would've been more of a memorable incident, jumping in the crowd, punching some people & getting back up to sing.

I won't answer on this one coz we've already had that too many times I guess... Grin

yep

I don't think Axl bullshits. It's not nice what he says when he's talking about his former band mates, but I don't think that he really hates them or anything like that. I don't understand why they can't just be friends, but I'm sure they have their reasons and we all know shit about it. Slash & Co might be over that and Axl... maybe he needs just a bit more time/distance...

...and all we need is just a little patience, yeahhhhhh yeahhh

Honestly i dont think it wouild ever happen, maybe a one off performance but couldnt see an album or anything. its done & over, but i look forward to "The Guns" album more than "Chinese Democracy" even thou CD should RULE
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2002, 01:22:38 PM »

You can just look at them. Slash, Izzy & Duff still dressed or looked the same way they did during the 1980's while had taken a newer look & even songs they were writing. Slash, Izzy & Duff wanted to do hard stuff like Appetite, Axl was the one who wanted to change, & he changed good musically, as a person he became more & more "crazy"

But like you say, they still look the same, this might be a reason for them not getting that much attention...? I mean, there's nothing wrong with not being a "big" band, but since they're mostly doing what they've always done and not really developing new styles (correct me when I'm wrong) they will never grow real big again.

I think when you replace a member of your band without asking the other band mates & then basically telling them "stiff shit he is in whether you like it or not" is controlling. Sure, Axl didnt just say "i'm gonna be in control" its more of selfishness, instead of coming to compromise he wants it done his way whether or not the rest like it.

Yeah, that for sure wasn't a nice move of Axl. I don't agree on everyting he has done or does. I just think that he sometimes acts in a certain way and doesn't even realize that this could hurt other people's feelings.

Yeah I know i wasnt, but he should know that pissing off fans could cause a riot were people get hurt. Sure I dont mind him jumping into the crowd really, but the fact is, people paid good money to see them, & he blew it off & wasted there money & time by walking off the stage, heck the band even kept playing until Axl said he was going home, he could've just started singing again, heck i reckon that would've been more of a memorable incident, jumping in the crowd, punching some people & getting back up to sing.

I know he acted somehow immaturely at a lot of shows, he should have stood above certain things, but he wasn't and it seems that he still isn't sometimes. I guess you just have to accept that.

...and all we need is just a little patience, yeahhhhhh yeahhh

Yeah, your words in God's ear... Grin

Honestly i dont think it wouild ever happen, maybe a one off performance but couldnt see an album or anything. its done & over, but i look forward to "The Guns" album more than "Chinese Democracy" even thou CD should RULE

I'm with you on that, I also don't believe that anything near a reunion will ever happen and honestly I don't even know if I'd really want it to happen. For now I'll just see what happens with GN'R and this Slash & Co thing...

It's a miracle how long we can stay in a world our mind's created, in a world that's full of shit - Coma
Dizzy
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2002, 05:54:00 PM »

Slash, Duff, Matt and Izzy left on their own. Only Steven and Gilby were fired.
"Matt was fired, but he told everybody he was trying to get fired."
--Axl

"Axl said 'I'm gonna fire him'.  All because Matt told Axl he was wrong."
--Duff

About Izzy departure, don't only blame Axl. He didn't want to do this big gigs, but he was also unhappy because he couldn't even hear his guitar when he was playing. Slash take a lot of place in a band as the lead guitarist. He didn't want to have Izzy in GNR if I recall.
All of that was Axl's side of the story.  Axl was the one who said Slash and Izzy were "fighting for control of the band".  Slash once said that he almost came to resent Izzy for leaving the band.  He was also pissed off that he had to play or finish most of Izzy's part for thr UYI albums.  If you notice the albums' credits, you'll see Slash is also credited as Rhythm Guitar player on almost all of the tracks.

[Well, yes, I agree that there is a difference between Appetite and the Illusions, but that's a matter of taste which style you like better. For me both are great, but... if the Illusions would have been the same style as Appetite some people would have said that GN'R has stuck in the 80's and the band isn't evolving or developing.
I agree.  I think the band evolved nicely into the UYI albums.  I really enjoyed them and thought they were a perfect follow up to AFD.

I don't think Axl bullshits. It's not nice what he says when he's talking about his former band mates, but I don't think that he really hates them or anything like that.
I don't think that's what they're talking about when they say Axl bullshits.  They're talking about ludicrous (yet typical Axl) statements like "Everybody else in the band hated everybody else, except for me." and "Certain former members are riding the GNR name instead of releasing quality material?

Can you believe that last quote even came from Axl?  Of all people?   Roll Eyes

I look forward to "The Guns" album more than "Chinese Democracy" even though CD should RULE
I concur.  I eagerly await Slash's project because I know it will actually come out.  Axl talks, talks, and talks about the release of his band's CD, but we see jackshit from him.  Slash and co. haven't even found a singer, and I'd still wager that their album gets released before Axl's.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2002, 06:09:24 PM by Dizzy » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2002, 06:09:19 PM »

neither are a liar
they just both see it their way
if u take both sides of the story then u get the truth

Also axl isnt that bad
since the new members all have nice things to say about working with him
and they have been working with him since 1998
and only josh freese left to go to APC
finck left but came back
he just left so axl would write lryics to all the songs he helped write
and paul left just because he was there for the studio

so its funny, the new guys get along with axl pretty well yet the old members couldnt

its just IMO the old members didnt want to put the 110% effort axl expected out of them
so when axl pushed them to be their best and get everything out of them, they took that as axl being an asshole

well just look at slash, izzy and duffs solo albums
they are all sub par
izzys are decent
but they are not even close to being gnr material

would u want any of those slash or duff songs to be a gnr song
I wouldnt have
well that is all they wanted to put into an album
and axl would hve none of that

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dizzy
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2002, 06:12:29 PM »

Slash's guitar riffs and overall musical tone on Aint't Life Grand are EXACTLY what I would've wanted the new GNR album to be.

Crap like "Silk Worms" and "Oh My God" bullshit are exactly what I don't want to be the new GNR record, yet it probably will be.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2002, 06:21:05 PM by Dizzy » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2002, 10:16:10 PM »

Oh my god is better than any slash solo song.
And the guitar riffs in oh my god are great and the lyrics are amazing.
You have heard the non lyricial version of oh my god right? If not go DL it and try and tell me those are not great guitar licks.

BTW silkworms is a dizzy and chris song, its not what all of CD will sound like. Its like saying so fine is what all of UYI was like. IT wasnt, it just a duff song. Axl let the dizzy and chris put a song on CD alot like the beatles let ringo have a song.

Just look at the songs we have heard so far. Madagascar, the blues, rhyiad, cd, silkworms, and oh my god.  OH yeah all the songs sound like silkworms, give me a break.

All slash can has done is write cheezy 80s riffs but the new gnr can write things that are in the now.
All the people that are kissing slashs ass and bash axl will change their tune once CD comes out.

The project cd will be nothing special, just like slashs solo albums, so its not really going to matter. BTW aint life grand was horrible.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dizzy
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2002, 10:24:23 PM »

Oh my god is better than any slash solo song.
Worst song Axl has ever put his name on.  Worse than the worst Slash solo song.

All slash can has done is write cheezy 80s riffs
You mean like the classic cheesy riffs on AFD?   Roll Eyes

but the new gnr can write things that are in the now.
"In the now"?  You mean boy bands and rap shit?

All the people that are kissing slashs ass and bash axl
You have Axl and Slash transposed in that statement.

will change their tune once CD comes out
What makes you think CD is going to come out anytime in our lifetime?

BTW aint life grand was horrible.
"BTW", it rocked.  Better than that "Oh My God" crap could ever be
« Last Edit: November 24, 2002, 10:37:46 PM by Dizzy » Logged
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2002, 06:00:04 AM »

in Gilby's case, Axl and Gilby has different future plans, Axl wanted to do "new & different" and Gilby wanted to do Rock record..they talked on phone many hours and they planned that gilby left....

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2002, 08:41:25 AM »

neither are a liar
they just both see it their way
if u take both sides of the story then u get the truth

Also axl isnt that bad
since the new members all have nice things to say about working with him
and they have been working with him since 1998
and only josh freese left to go to APC
finck left but came back
he just left so axl would write lryics to all the songs he helped write
and paul left just because he was there for the studio

so its funny, the new guys get along with axl pretty well yet the old members couldnt

its just IMO the old members didnt want to put the 110% effort axl expected out of them
so when axl pushed them to be their best and get everything out of them, they took that as axl being an asshole

well just look at slash, izzy and duffs solo albums
they are all sub par
izzys are decent
but they are not even close to being gnr material

I wouldnt have
well that is all they wanted to put into an album
and axl would hve none of that

Effort. Slash, Duff & Izzy were the ones recording writing songs for UYI in 1989 & 1990 while they had to wait for Axl to FINALLY come to the studio, & when he did he was so picky the album was delayed until late 1991. All of them put in effort, its just that Axl is extremely critical & wants everything every split second of the song PERFECT

The new members havent said anything bad because its probably each's biggest break & biggest chance to make $$$, & if they dared say anything bad about Axl they'd be fired, therefore probably delaying CD by 2 more years as Axl would have to find others like the "background" guys he has now who will follow Sgt Roses orders. For a while Slash, Duff, Matt & Izzy jumped when Axl said, they all got sick of it. Dizzy didn't because from what i've been told he is one of Axl's "yes men". Believe me, eventually, whether its 5 or 10 or 20 years from now, these new guys will say the same thing about Bill Bailey, well except Paul Huge & Dizzy Reed probably

"The fans dont miss the old members" says Dizzy, what a crock of crap. Sure, the crowd likes the new Axl band, they still dance to it & sing a long, but if you asked them if they preferred the current line up or the original G-N-R (of UYI i supose) 97% would be saying the originals. Sometimes people want Coke, but theres no coke left or around except Diet Coke & they'll take that not coz they like it better than the normal Coke, its because its the closest thing to it. This is what is happening with GNR
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2002, 12:34:09 PM »

Ill say this again.
Dont give me that crap its because they want to keep their job and its their chance at being big. Its because maybe the problem isnt axl.

Tommy even said he is much more of a perfectionist and controller than axl is. So axl really isnt that band. Its funny when new people say axl is nice to work with, oh that just cant be right because slash and duff said he is a jerk. Well axl was probally a prick sometimes but you would be too if you were trying to make a album and your members were always high or drunk and couldnt get things done. And the reason Dizzy didnt mind axl is because Dizzy wasnt always drugged up like the old members. Btw who told you Dizzy was a yes man? oh did u just call up slash and ask him?
You cant belive what  you hear on the net.

So face it axl wasnt that problem, the new members back that up. And no its not because they are Yes men.  Its because, like i said, he is good to work with, its just the old members didnt want to put 110% effort in like axl always did.

To know how axl really is, you have to go by what the old and new members say about axl.
So who are you going to belive, the old band who was always drunk and high while this was going on , or the new band who is straight and sober while making the album.

and oh my god is a great song, i think some of  you need to open your mind and really listen to the song.
I bet you all loved that POS demo song that was going around from the project. Now that was crap.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2002, 12:38:33 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

kidrock
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2002, 03:45:23 PM »

Everybody appears to be commenting as if they know the true story.  You're going by what you've heard or read.

Unless you were a fly on the wall during every one of those conversations and situations, you only know what each member involved would like you to believe.  Each one of them wants everybody to believe that it was the other person's fault.

Maybe it wasn't anybody's fault........maybe it just wasn't meant to be.  Axl and Slash "reportedly" were interested in making different types of music.  

I say......Excellent, Slash, Duff, Matt & Izzy can continue making classic GN'R and Axl can bring in something new.  I feel that both products will be great.  And for those of you that want to pick one or the other and worry about whose fault everything is.......you'll only have one..........I myself will have two.  

If you're so pissed off about Axl continuing with "Guns n' Roses" as his new band's name, then don't support it......don't attend the concerts and don't buy any cd's they put out.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2002, 03:46:31 PM by K-Rock » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: