Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does Axl BullShit or Does Slash Lie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does Axl BullShit or Does Slash Lie  (Read 15206 times)
Snakepit__
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2004, 02:24:39 PM »

:drool:actually, i they talk bullshit both of them, they are piss'd off so they say much shit about eachother
alwaysoutparading
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2004, 04:17:26 PM »

i honestly don't think that either of them think that they're lying. i think they pretty much tell the same story (that axl wanted to go in a new direction but the other guys wanted to stick with what they know). axl elaborates on that fact by saying things like, "Slash was trying to destroy GNR" or "Duff was jealous of my popularity".. In reality we don't know if that's the case, but I'm sure Axl believes that it's true.  He's obviously slightly paranoid but maybe with good reason. On the other hand, Slash downplays the whole thing which might just be part of his personality and how he views the way things happened.

Point is, I don't think either of them are lying. They both believe what they're saying. As for who is right about what happened - who knows? I think it's a little bit of both.
alwaysoutparading
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2004, 04:24:46 PM »

It's interesting to read something Izzy said too. Izzy went to school with Axl, he was unpopular & got alot of crap for being a skinny red head. He was never laid in high school & he suffered abuse at home. Then almost overnight Axl was this BIG ROCK STAR, he had alot girls after him & alot of yes men around him, therefore when someone finally said no he was so used to the yes answer he would go crazy.

source? i believe you.. its just out of curiosity and something i have to write for school.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2004, 04:28:25 PM »

Both

Axl and Slash wouldn't know the truth if it bit them.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2004, 04:55:53 PM »

i also read somewhere that axl, coming to LA, he didnt know how to pick up chicks and where too shy...
so he hung on the corners watching other guys hitting on girls!  hihi that came from axl himself in an interview...  Grin

maybe it was on some MTV thing in 89? not sure..

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Dizzy
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2004, 05:35:54 PM »

Gotta love when people dig up threads that are 17 months old.   Tongue
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2004, 05:45:02 PM »

Gotta love when people dig up threads that are 17 months old.   Tongue

You are right  Grin But I haven't ever read the thread, but now I did. However, I had no intention to make a comment.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2004, 09:13:39 PM »

I think Slash is a little jelous about not being in GNR anymore.
When he quit, he said i wish them (GNR) the best of luck.
He was refused entry to a GNR gig, he said he would have been keen for a jam but now he's like...there will be no reunion because Axl has tainted the GNR name. Slash just go's with what ever he's feeling at the time i beleive.
He's still saying (with Duff n' Matt) it's not GNR anymore, but they continued to call it GNR when it was just 3 out if 5 remaining, i dont see the difference, if they were in on replacing Izzy n ' Steven then IMO they can be replaced too and i think that they thought it 'could'nt  happen.
Slash was a fukkin' junkie for fucks sake.
GNR would have been finished years before it did if it were'nt for Axl telling them to stop dancing with Mr. Brownstone

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Dizzy
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2004, 11:29:01 PM »

but they continued to call it GNR when it was just 3 out if 5 remaining, i dont see the difference

You don't see the difference between 3 originals and one original?  That's the difference between a basic band foundation and a solo project.

GNR would have been finished years before it did if it were'nt for Axl telling them to stop dancing with Mr. Brownstone

Axl did a little dancing with Mr. Brownstone himself.  Know what "Coma" was all about?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2004, 05:29:40 AM »

When asked why the original band dissented, Axl once made a statement "everybody in the band hated everybody else, except for me.  Slash was fighting wih Izzy over control of the band and both wanted to destroy it."  I think that's a steaming pile of horseshit.  On that basis, I've always viewed Axl as the bigger liar.  

The things Slash has said about the breakup always seem to make more sense, whilst Axl's statements seem to be driven by bitterness.

And keep in mind, if Slash is a liar, that means Duff, Matt, Steven, Gilby, and Izzy were all liars too, because they all say pretty much the same thing about the band's disintegration.

Yeah i agree. You can't take 1 man's words over 5 or 6 ppl's who all have the similar story and left at different times.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2004, 11:21:02 AM »

Same old shit once again....

Everyone has their side of the story. FAct is teh band broke up because of creative differences and music philosophies. Thats all there is to know. Slash wanted to be more of a bluesy lets keep it simple jam band, and axl wanted to continue to push the envelope. Dont bring in duff because he would have went with axl if axl handled things more maturely.

No1 is right or wrong. Its a matte rof musical taste and vision. NO1 is lieing either. Slash says Axl is horrible to work with because he didnt involve everyone or because of his musical vision. And he is right. Thats true. Axl says slash is lazy and didnt want to push the envelope. And that is true too.
They both say each wanted to control the band. They are both true.

To keep bringing up the same old shit is pointless. All members have since moved on why havnt you. get over it. Either support gnr, support,vr, or support everyone.

As for slashs solo career. His solo efforts show me that axl isnt lieing when he says slash is lazy. His solo efforts dont hold a candle to what he is capable of. We will see finally som eof those great talents in vr.

Dizzy, omg isnt the worst song axl has ever released. In fact its a fukin awesome song. SO is silkworms. ARe they classics? Absolutely not. No1 is claiming them to be. They are fukin rockin songs. Just because there is no slash on them doesnt mean they dont rock or not acceptable. Thats being a pussy.

What new gnr have sampled us with is somehting credible. ALl of the new songs we have heard show promise and are excellent. And for the most part they are average live recordings. The studios will be a lot better. Slash's solo work doesnt hold a candle to anything this new band has done.

BUt the jury is still out. CD will declare the winner in this never ending debate. Was axls vision worth the old bands breakup?

What if cd is a masterpiece. WHat if some think its better than afd? what if this band does well again? What does that say about slash? To me it says nothing other than he was indeed lazy. It will take nothing away from his gnr work but it will prove once again the same old fact:
Axl was and always will be the leader and visionary of any gnr lineup. He was a major reason why the old are great and will be a major reason cd might be a masterpiece. That doesnt mean you diregard the old and new players around him. It just means he brings out the best in whoever is around him. So if you follow his vision and work hard you will make great music.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2004, 01:52:51 PM »

SLASH WOULD NEVER LIE!
Slash is an Englishman!  Grin {Like me, but i'm a gurl so i'm an englishwoman!  hihi}

Ok the thing is it was fame that took thenm apart!
with everything going on at the time with the bands, fans, families, music industry, it was hard at the time!
too much drink, drugs!

well if we lot were running Geffen in the GNR department.... i bet we would make sure that they were still around today!  hihi

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2004, 03:19:38 PM »

Slash lies more than axl since slash story has changed about 20 times now on the break up of the band and other things Axl has done.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2004, 03:55:29 PM »

Slash lies more than axl since slash story has changed about 20 times now on the break up of the band and other things Axl has done.

Maybe not 20 times but u make a valid point

Let us not forget the old band all hated each other and its taken over ten years for them to get together again, it wasn't all Axl....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dizzy
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2004, 04:14:52 PM »

Just because Slash presents various aspects of the story at different times doesn't mean he's changed it.  Just because Slash had various reasons for leaving the band doesn't mean he keeps changing his story.  I've yet to once read where Slash has changed his story.

You know, some interesting things are being created by the age of this thread.  Back in November 2002, when this thread was created, Dave posted a message talking about what was going to happen when CD was released.

Firstly, it's amusing how Dave apparently forgot (judging by his new posts) that he posted on this thread when back then.

Secondly, it's amusing how a year and a half later,  younggunner is balking about waiting until CD gets released.

Just an observation.   hihi
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 04:30:19 PM by Dizzy » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2004, 05:04:08 PM »

Secondly, it's amusing how a year and a half later,  younggunner is balking about waiting until CD gets released.
I cant control what happens in terms of release dates. All im saying is when the material does get released it will be the greatest cd we have heard in a very long time. Ive said that since day1

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2004, 06:06:22 PM »

Axl says slash is lazy and didnt want to push the envelope. And that is true too.

confused

Since when does refusal to change ones musical direction = laziness?  I guess when Axl says so...

Theres no argument for that theory (especially considering how much work Slash has done since Guns) so you need to find a new word, but in finding a new word youre gonna have to come up with a new concept.  Good luck.

And youll probably give the lame "Yeah, Slash has done work but its not as good as GNR" argument, but anybody with common sense knows that 1) Thats purely opinion...theres plenty of people who really like Snakepit as well as his guest appearences and 2) Quality doesnt equal workrate.  Bottom line is, if theres one thing Slash isnt, its lazy.  Hes actually the opposite.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2004, 07:30:13 PM »

Code:
Since when does refusal to change ones musical direction = laziness?  I guess when Axl says so...
He did it in going from afd to the illusions. Why couldnt he do it again?

And youll probably give the lame "Yeah, Slash has done work but its not as good as GNR" argument, but anybody with common sense knows that 1) Thats purely opinion...theres plenty of people who really like Snakepit as well as his guest appearences and 2) Quality doesnt equal workrate.  Bottom line is, if theres one thing Slash isnt, its lazy.  Hes actually the opposite.
You guessed it. And its not lame its a valid argument.

Sure its purely opinion but im entitled to my opinion. Plus I have millions of people who would agree.
Slashs solo career has not been anything near his work with gnr. NOne of his guitar work or snakepit is anything close to what he did with gnr.

As for his guest appearances. Well it doesnt mean much to me. I just wish he could have kept his playing to himself. A great guitarist liek he was shouldnt be whoring himself like that.imo of course.

Ill take quality of work over just being out there jamming any day. Finally now slash has formed a band that has talent. Finally I will get to hear{hopefully} the real slash and what he is capable of in vr.

You can say how good snakepit was all u want, but fact is in terms of commercial or "underground" success it didnt do jack shit. And they arent even good albums. I could care less about album sales or popularity but the albums, like i have said do not come close to what he did with gnr.

It came down to musical philosophies and directions. Its as simple as that. Slash is more of the "jam" type thing whereas Axl wants to keep pushing the envelope. neither of thoser philosophies is the right or wrong philosophy. Unfortunatley those philosophies have split a great band. Since that split one philosophy has been average at best. The other philosophy hasnt been determined yet. When cd is finally released we will see.

till then slash will always be the angel.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2004, 09:39:58 PM »

He did it in going from afd to the illusions. Why couldnt he do it again?

Because obviously he didnt disagree with the changes made from AFD to UYI as much as the ones after...they arent the same you know?

You guessed it. And its not lame its a valid argument.

NOne of his guitar work or snakepit is anything close to what he did with gnr.

Actually theres plenty of Snakepit songs that could musically stand alongside Guns' stuff.  Theres a few that stand alongside as is.

As for his guest appearances. Well it doesnt mean much to me. I just wish he could have kept his playing to himself. A great guitarist liek he was shouldnt be whoring himself like that.imo of course.

Playing with different artists is whoring?  Okay...

Ill take quality of work over just being out there jamming any day. Finally now slash has formed a band that has talent. Finally I will get to hear{hopefully} the real slash and what he is capable of in vr.

As usual, you dont get it.

The point is - No matter what your opinion on the actual music is, the fact is that its not laziness.

It came down to musical philosophies and directions. Its as simple as that. Slash is more of the "jam" type thing whereas Axl wants to keep pushing the envelope.
[

Slash is more about the "rock" thing, and Axl is more about indulging in his newfound industrial fascination.  Making electronic music is not pushing the envelope, and I dont think Axl has ever said anything about "pushing the envelope".  Just another fanboy cop-out, Im afraid.

Dizzy
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2004, 09:55:41 PM »

Making electronic music is not pushing the envelope, and I dont think Axl has ever said anything about "pushing the envelope".  Just another fanboy cop-out, Im afraid.

You're right Booker.  Axl has never said anything about "pushing the envelope".  And contrary to what some people may like to believe, Guns N Roses was never about pushing the envelope.

Yeah, I'm sure the five of them sat down at each AFD rehearsal and pondered for hours, "Okay fellas, how can we push the envelope now?"   Roll Eyes

Nope.  The five of them plugged in and flat out fuckin' played rock n roll music.  That's what Guns N Roses was, plain and simple.  Any envelope pushing they did was coincidental.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 09:58:24 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: