Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When is the next GNR window ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When is the next GNR window ?  (Read 42207 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2014, 09:46:22 AM »

I'm sure we'll hear the usual bit about how an album can be assembled using Dropbox and e-mail.

But use your heads.  If a tour happens in May, June, or whenever, does it make more sense to spend the next few months getting it together before you go?  Or does it make more sense to burn those months, then try and do it on the fly, while on tour?

Is that likely?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2014, 09:49:50 AM »

I'm sure we'll hear the usual bit about how an album can be assembled using Dropbox and e-mail.

But use your heads.  If a tour happens in May, June, or whenever, does it make more sense to spend the next few months getting it together before you go?  Or does it make more sense to burn those months, then try and do it on the fly, while on tour?

Is that likely?

We keep hearing from Ron & DJ that the "constant" touring schedule has been hindering the release of the next album.  But what's going on in the blocks upon blocks of months in between the tour(s)?  I'm talking the better part of a year sometimes in between tour legs since Chi Dem came out....six years ago.  What's the honest reason for the holdup?  I just hope this time there's actual, vested, interest in getting the next album out. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2014, 09:52:43 AM »

If you are serious about getting it out, and you have a solid year off the road (give or take) you get it done.

And if you don't get it done, you never really had any intention to.  If you don't want to, hey, that's your prerogative.  Its your career.  But spare me how I'm supposed to buy you moved heaven and earth to get it done.  You didn't.

And no, "well, maybe they did and we just don't know" doesn't cut it.  At least not with me.  If you are emotionally invested in having to buy into that, that's your deal.  Not me. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2014, 09:53:10 AM »

I think Ron's status is a big issue to iron out if there is a tour coming. Obviously we are only speculating, but like we have discussed, replacing him or having others cover his parts would be VERY tricky.

If one wants to see this band in the coming year... I think they need to pray to whatever deity they believe in that Ron is on board.  

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2014, 09:55:24 AM »

If you are serious about getting it out, and you have a solid year off the road (give or take) you get it done.

And if you don't get it done, you never really had any intention to.  If you don't want to, hey, that's your prerogative.  Its your career.  But spare me how I'm supposed to buy you moved heaven and earth to get it done.  You didn't.

And no, "well, maybe they did and we just don't know" doesn't cut it.  At least not with me.  If you are emotionally invested in having to buy into that, that's your deal.  Not me. 

I don't want to hop on this...because you really don't know what happening behind the scenes...Do I believe that the evil label is making it impossible? NO, but I really have no idea

The track record is not good... but maybe just maybe we are surprised this time.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2014, 09:57:15 AM »

Ron likes to remind us that Axl has all these expectations to live up to, so it's not as easy for a GNR record to drop as it is for a Bumblefoot album.  I get that to a point.  But why is GNR the only big name band with an album pretty much in the can that has to live up to all these crippling expectations to the point where a release simply doesn't materialize?  Why is Axl the only big-name artist who seemingly cannot get this done?  I'm not being a smart ass, I honestly am curious as to what makes a GNR album release a notch short of a miracle.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »

Ron likes to remind us that Axl has all these expectations to live up to, so it's not as easy for a GNR record to drop as it is for a Bumblefoot album.  I get that to a point.  But why is GNR the only big name band with an album pretty much in the can that has to live up to all these crippling expectations to the point where a release simply doesn't materialize?  Why is Axl the only big-name artist who seemingly cannot get this done?  I'm not being a smart ass, I honestly am curious as to what makes a GNR album release a notch short of a miracle.

We know the answer to this... Del James spelled it out... It gets released when Axl is ready to release it. Period.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2014, 10:01:05 AM »

I don't want to hop on this...because you really don't know what happening behind the scenes...Do I believe that the evil label is making it impossible? NO, but I really have no idea

The track record is not good... but maybe just maybe we are surprised this time.

Here is what gets lost in translation, I think.

Yes, I'd like a new album.  No, I don't subscribe to the theory that they are busting their ass to get one out.

However, if the next tour comes up and there is no album...oh well.  It often seems like people put words into my mouth, suggesting that I am going to march with a pitchfork and a torch if there is no album.  I'm not.  I think its foolish, and I will say so.  But if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.  

I'll likely still go to the show when they come around.  And not to bring a sign to protest the lack of an album.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2014, 10:02:01 AM »

Axl burned his bridges with the label, and now he's waiting for them to send him a boat.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2014, 10:02:13 AM »

We know the answer to this... Del James spelled it out... It gets released when Axl is ready to release it. Period.

Well, yeah, obviously this is the case.  But when an album release hinges on when the lead singer simply "feels like it" it makes it literally impossible to predict whether we are close to hearing it.  I think that's what's so frustrating. It's pretty much done.  We've heard this time and time again.  But it's all dependent on when Axl "feels like" putting it out.  Maddening for a fan, really.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2014, 10:04:46 AM »

Nothing.

Its just that he has a fanbase that will bend over backwards to not ask that question.  Viewed from the outside, this whole thing a is a joke.

But we aren't viewing it from the outside, as detached observers.  We are conversing about it with GNR superfans who treat simple questions as disloyalty.

You need to ask yourself why no one other than us would ever accept any of these reasons as rational.  And its because they aren't emotionally invested.  They don't have the compulsion to walk on eggshells and keep their heads down, lest risk offending the artist in some way.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2014, 10:06:26 AM »

Well, yeah, obviously this is the case.  But when an album release hinges on when the lead singer simply "feels like it" it makes it literally impossible to predict whether we are close to hearing it.  I think that's what's so frustrating. It's pretty much done.  We've heard this time and time again.  But it's all dependent on when Axl "feels like" putting it out.  Maddening for a fan, really.

It is, but at least its honest.

I'd prefer that sort of answer than to hear pontificating about "the industry" or label politics.  That's horseshit.  Just tell me that he doesn't feel any rush and it happens when he feels like it.

Don't church it up.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2014, 10:16:31 AM »

It is, but at least its honest.

I'd prefer that sort of answer than to hear pontificating about "the industry" or label politics.  That's horseshit.  Just tell me that he doesn't feel any rush and it happens when he feels like it.

Don't church it up.

Agreed.  That response you could at least respect.  At the end of the day, Axl is an artist and should be allowed to release his music on his terms, in his own time. However, when his band keeps rattling off a laundry list of bunk excuses for the lack of a new album, well, it gets old.
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2014, 10:18:39 AM »

The never ending CD tour will commence before any new albums come out.

Bow!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »

Any betting man would have to lean that way.  The history is what it is.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

Any betting man would have to lean that way.  The history is what it is.

GNR 2015: 30 gigs and no new album... bring it on! #ConquerTheWorld
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2014, 10:31:43 AM »

Need to repackage the tour with a new name so you can promote it. Maybe a couple of 15-30 second leaks of next album to create a buzz.

Bow!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »

At the end of the day, Axl is an artist and should be allowed to release his music on his terms, in his own time.

So you understand that. Yet, is it fine? No, the same tired comments gets posted time after time.  Roll Eyes

Once again, the "why can't Axl when ____ can?" posts.

One week it's: Nobody wants to be like GN'R!
The next it's: Why can't GN'R be like all the other bands?

Where's the logic in that?

The band has talked about the issues they had with the release of Chinese Democracy. It's available for anyone who's interested to read.
The majority of the discussions about the topic in recent years are just people thinking they have some deeper understanding of the business. The answers are there. But that's not good enough for some. They don't seem to believe their favorite artist's side of the story....

Oh, and I thought this thread was about shows.... Why not bring back the "I don't like the setlist" posts. It must've been a few days by now.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:00:55 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2014, 11:06:27 AM »

At the end of the day, Axl is an artist and should be allowed to release his music on his terms, in his own time.

So you understand that. Yet, is it fine? No, the same tired comments gets posted time after time.  Roll Eyes

As usual, you confuse pushback against propaganda with questions.

Charts about record sales, pontificating about "the industry"...that's what draws rolled eyes.  If you just left it as "its ready when it ready", you'd get none of that.

But the impression seems to be that it can't be left at that, because it makes it seems like Axl might be culpable, and we can't have that.  So we get the stuff about it not being 1991 anymore and the like.

Just say he moves at his own pace.  And yes, there is going to at least be some indirect culpability on his part.  That's life.

Oh, and I thought this thread was about shows.... Why not bring back the "I don't like the setlist" posts. It must've been a few days by now.

We tried, but I think it got moved.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2014, 11:16:32 AM »

Just say he moves at his own pace.  And yes, there is going to at least be some indirect culpability on his part.  That's life.

Everybody here knows that the next GN'R album will be out when it's ready to be out. It's fucking simple.
Yet some of you keep debating this year after year. Are you expecting some kind of Nobel Prize for figuring out this massive mystery?

Axl is Axl. You don't like that? Too bad.

When somebody tries to offer some kind of possible explanations based on the release of the last album, it's ignored. It's met with "no, no. Everybody else manages to release albums". Yet, you're the first one to point out how different GN'R is.

Explain that lack of logic.

If you know no band is like GN'R, why do you keep comparing them to every other band? Please. Explain it.

Honestly, I'm curious.

It's like saying "I know Santa doesn't exist, but I wish he gave me a new Ferrari"....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:23:11 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: