Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:40:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When is the next GNR window ?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When is the next GNR window ?  (Read 42216 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2014, 02:03:20 PM »

Most people can speak freely. Don't you worry.

Doesn't seem it.

You, I at least understand.  Some of these others, however...not as clear.

Some of us don't hide behind anonymous usernames. We stand behind our words.

My name is Sean.  So there you go.  We're on equal footing now.  No more of all this confusion and uncertainty gumming up the works.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2014, 02:05:30 PM »

Doesn't seem it.

You, I at least understand. 

Yes, because you really know how it is...  Roll Eyes

Whenever you make comments like this, it becomes more obvious how little you actually know and how much you want to tell yourself that you really do know stuff.

My name is Sean.  So there you go.  We're on equal footing now.

Not even close.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:07:18 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »

Axl is just looking for a bumble replacement. For right replacement I mean whoever rings his bell-y. But he's not at home, so nobody can't find him cause He's finishing CD2 too...  secret place,  secret songs nobody heard before. Wait till he'll ressurect, just after the apocalipse
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »

Doesn't seem it.

You, I at least understand. 

Yes, because you really know how it is...  Roll Eyes

Whenever you make comments like this, it becomes more obvious how little you actually know and how much you want to tell yourself that you really do know stuff.

Doesn't take Colombo.

My name is Sean.  So there you go.  We're on equal footing now.

Not even close.

You present a concern, all I can do is try and alleviate it.  

I don't even get bogged down on how phony the supposed concern is.  I'm just trying to help, brother.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2014, 02:15:28 PM »

Axl is just looking for a bumble replacement.

Would you guys think he would pick DJ or Richard's brain for that guy?  Might be better than bringing someone in cold and trying to shoehorn him in.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2014, 02:22:58 PM »

MSG for a residency ? they could sell one show.... not any more than that...

I wasn't talking residency but IMO they could easily do it.
GNR always sells out their MSG shows within the first 10 minutes after tickets go on sale!!!  headbanger

Note:  I think 80% sales is when they call it as a "sold out" show.  There are usually tickets still available to get after the first 10 minutes.

Yeah New York has always been good to Axl... and as a New Yorker who always goes to the shows minus this last run in Brooklyn and Randalls Island (budget restraints) ... i'd love to see it

I really don't think they could sell more than 2 shows at the garden tho... just being realistic not trying to be negative about it

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:32:19 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2014, 02:25:17 PM »

Doesn't seem it.

You, I at least understand.  Some of these others, however...not as clear.

Some of us don't hide behind anonymous usernames. We stand behind our words.

My name is Sean.  So there you go.  We're on equal footing now.  No more of all this confusion and uncertainty gumming up the works.

Agree to disagree... neither of you will ever give an inch. Especially Jarmo... with all due respect even if he thinks Axl did one thing shady, he could never admit it... let it go. He is not a fan the way the rest of us are. All the power to him.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2014, 02:27:31 PM »

Agreed.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2014, 05:32:28 PM »

MSG for a residency ? they could sell one show.... not any more than that...

I wasn't talking residency but IMO they could easily do it.
GNR always sells out their MSG shows within the first 10 minutes after tickets go on sale!!!  headbanger

Note:  I think 80% sales is when they call it as a "sold out" show.  There are usually tickets still available to get after the first 10 minutes.

Yeah New York has always been good to Axl... and as a New Yorker who always goes to the shows minus this last run in Brooklyn and Randalls Island (budget restraints) ... i'd love to see it

I really don't think they could sell more than 2 shows at the garden tho... just being realistic not trying to be negative about it

Personally I love the garden but I would really love to see them do Barcleys Center, I  the sound in there is impeccable. That and its in my neighborhood! Cheesy

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2014, 06:51:17 PM »

Forest hills ... The who and pearl jam are playing this summer

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2014, 07:52:26 PM »

It would be great if Axl would would do a residency at MSG or Prudential Center. I think Billy Joel pulled off the holdout shows due to the fact that he is a New Yorker and has a LOT  of songs about New York.

In regards to the album, I think we'll eventually get to hear it. My opinion, unfortunately, is that we will hear it after he dies. It sounds morbid, but at this rate, that's how it's looking.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2014, 07:59:08 PM »

Axl is just looking for a bumble replacement.

Would you guys think he would pick DJ or Richard's brain for that guy?  Might be better than bringing someone in cold and trying to shoehorn him in.

I hope he doesn't have to! BF is the shit!

Ultimately I think GNR really is a unique band with unique circumstances. It's like if Led Zeppelin broke up halfway through their career and had to be rebuilt from the ground up while trying to stay true to their legacy. That kind of thing can't be done overnight, especially when the person in charge of the whole thing is making as sincere of an effort as Axl is.

And Sean, can it really not be the case that the people you are referring to are just expressing themselves and that they might not actually have some kind of hidden agenda or motive behind what they say? Or is it that if they tend to disagree with you they must be in some way delusional or on the lookout for the GNR secret police? I really do dig ya but I can't quite relate when you say this kind of thing. It's like saying "Everyone that doesn't agree with me is crazy!".  
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:01:01 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2014, 08:44:04 PM »

I hope he doesn't have to! BF is the shit!

Oh, I'd rather he stay.  Both for continuity, but also ability.  He covers a lot of spots live.

And Sean, can it really not be the case that the people you are referring to are just expressing themselves and that they might not actually have some kind of hidden agenda or motive behind what they say? Or is it that if they tend to disagree with you they must be in some way delusional or on the lookout for the GNR secret police? I really do dig ya but I can't quite relate when you say this kind of thing. It's like saying "Everyone that doesn't agree with me is crazy!".  

I tend give people a harder time who treat everything like SERIOUS BUSINESS.  I don't deny that.  This is supposed to be fun, right?

I'm also a huge believer in give and take.  I tend to give you what you give me.  Let me give you a quick example.  I have posted with Ali at, by my count, 3 different GNR boards.  We rarely agree.  Not sure we've ever had a bad conversation though.  Never really gotten cross either way, and we usually are able to find some common ground.  Always a good talk.

But, and I think I said this just last week, I tend to be unable to really relate to people that talk about Axl like he is their child.  That's a bit off to me.  I can certainly understand supporting your guy, but to a point.  Even if you vehemently disagree with one of my takes, to go right to a place where you are chiding me for being "mean"...I can't do much with that.  This is man that makes music we all like very much.  He's not your baby boy being picked on riding the school bus.

Again, talking a rock band.  Levity should be a little easier to come by.  This is not SERIOUS BUSINESS.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2014, 08:50:30 PM »

I think I understand. But at the same time, what if people really do see Axl and the current line up in a positive light? I think sometimes it can be less about protecting them and more about saying what you really think. Just because you happen to disagree with someone on a message board doesn't necessarily mean you are treating Axl like your baby, yknow?

Or if someone says that making a personal attack against one of the band members is not something they smile upon, I don't see how that's too out of line. I think it's unfair to dish out personal criticism against people you don't personally know, that's all. Doesn't mean I want to hit someone when they do it.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:06:27 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2014, 09:07:03 PM »

I think I understand. But at the same time, what if people really do see Axl and the current line up in a positive light? I think sometimes it can be less about protecting them and more about just saying what you really think. Just because you happen to disagree with someone on a message board doesn't necessarily mean you are treating Axl like your baby, yknow?

Seeing them in a positive light is fine.  Its all how you choose to present that though, isn't it?

And a big part of that is thinking that people are out to get you.  Put yourself in my spot.  When you ask why the only parts of your posts that are ever quoted by someone are the obvious points of contention, which will inevitably lead to fights, don't you start to figure that's the only interaction they want?

Compound that with asking why nothing you say that is not the least bit controversial gets quoted, some of it flat out positive by any objective standard.  Then to be told that's because its all part of some deep cover op, as you are a sleeper cell agent here to push your hateful agenda.

GyspySoul, GeorgeSteele, Ali, yourself...we have all been on opposite sides of stuff.  None of you have ever come back at me that way. 

Some do.  They tend to get different responses.  I take what the defense gives me.  And based on what I've seen, its what they want from me.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »

OK, I think I understand where you are coming from a little more clearly. I do think it takes two to tango though, and if you don't want to engage in such battles yourself I think it can easily be avoided. If one person feels that another person is looking for a fight, the expression "Don't feed the trolls" may come in handy (not calling anyone a troll, but that's how I would feel about someone if I thought they were trying to pick a fight with me). But yeah, I don't know your exact situation or what it's like to be like you so I may just be kind of speaking out of my ass.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:52 PM »

OK, I think I understand where you are coming from a little more clearly. I do think it takes two to tango though, and if you don't want to engage in such battles yourself I think it can easily be avoided. If one person feels that another person is looking for a fight, the expression "Don't feed the trolls" may come in handy (not calling anyone a troll, but that's how I would feel about someone if I thought they were trying to pick a fight with me). But yeah, I don't know your exact situation or what it's like to be like you so I may just be kind of speaking out of my ass.

No, no, not at all.  All valid points. 

But I don't think I'm just being disruptive for its own sake.  I try to make counterpoints in relaxed manner, for the most part.  I'm interested in a conversation, always.

But hey, I'm a huge pain in the ass sometimes.  No question.  And a smartass all of the time.  I like to say its all in fun, but sometimes I can belabor, I suppose.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2014, 10:11:28 PM »

Why did my post get deleted?Huh It's Guns N' Roses related!! rant
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2014, 10:35:57 PM »

If there's one thing I admire it's brutal self honesty. I like the example you set in the lower portion of your post! I'll do my best to keep it real too.  Everyone benefits when we get along, even on a message board. It's easier for us to have deeper conversations without them turning into petty arguments when we avoid full on ego battles. I guess there's a lot of responsibilities that come along with being involved in a community like this that I'm only coming to realize over time. 

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »

Yeah, its all in fun.  We're all on the same team.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: