Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 04:13:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227987 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 397979 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2380 on: July 22, 2015, 10:05:47 AM »

Just because he has the same concers as "you" and voices his displeasures like "you" without censorship doesn't make him a decent guy.  It makes him a pretty piss poor team player in my mind. Because regardless of how you think GNR should act, they should at least stand by each other and back each other up.  That's what band members, teammates, co workers, family members, etc do.  If not....well then you shouldnt be included. 

Would you say a soldier who complains about his country is a decent guy? 

What about an athlete who bashes his coach or teammates and complains about the offense they are running.  Would you say he's a decent guy just because you believe what he's saying is true?  Just because he's being honest? 

You know nothing about teamwork or loyalty if this is the case. 

These are all legit points and hard to argue.  At least in terms of having everyone stay on the same page, regardless of the merit of their positions.

I would probably couch it more like Ron is the only honest one of the bunch.

After hearing DJ, Richard, or Dizzy give that same bullshit answer about new material and how excited everyone is...Ron was the guy who would then say how that was all well and good, but the next song they write together will be the first.  And how no serious work has been done in years.

I get your point about everyone towing the company line in an organization.  But I think how you feel about Ron basically comes down to how much you are willing to believe the lie.  If you are willing to listen to the other guys run that same bullshit up the flagpole and content to never ask why none of it ever pans out, you aren't liking Ron.  If you are a person that figures, after several years of all talk and no action someone is obviously lying, you probably respect Ron for not blowing smoke up your ass.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2381 on: July 22, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »

Just because he has the same concers as "you" and voices his displeasures like "you" without censorship doesn't make him a decent guy.  It makes him a pretty piss poor team player in my mind. Because regardless of how you think GNR should act, they should at least stand by each other and back each other up.  That's what band members, teammates, co workers, family members, etc do.  If not....well then you shouldnt be included. 

What about an athlete who bashes his coach or teammates and complains about the offense they are running.  Would you say he's a decent guy just because you believe what he's saying is true?  Just because he's being honest? 

These are all legit points and hard to argue.  At least in terms of having everyone stay on the same page, regardless of the merit of their positions.

After hearing DJ, Richard, or Dizzy give that same bullshit answer about new material and how excited everyone is...Ron was the guy who would then say how that was all well and good, but the next song they write together will be the first.  And how no serious work has been done in years.

I get your point about everyone towing the company line in an organization.  But I think how you feel about Ron basically comes down to how much you are willing to believe the lie.  If you are willing to listen to the other guys run that same bullshit up the flagpole and content to never ask why none of it ever pans out, you aren't liking Ron.  If you are a person that figures, after several years of all talk and no action someone is obviously lying, you probably respect Ron for not blowing smoke up your ass.

It is also quite possible Ron has been out of the loop for quite some time, so his version of events, while from his perspective may not paint an accurate picture.

Fortus: "DJ [Ashba, GUNS N' ROSES guitarist] and I have worked on stuff? Nobody's worked on stuff with Ron ['Bumblefoot' Thal, GUNS N' ROSES guitarist].

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richard-fortus-on-new-guns-n-roses-album-axl-rose-wants-to-create-stuff-and-release-it-when-its-ready/#63fRPTDHvGWqLuGE.99

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2382 on: July 22, 2015, 10:34:29 AM »

Richard always comes across as very honest in his interviews..    I wouldn't even come close to saying Ron is the only honest one of the bunch.  If anything, he the only one that is "all about me"
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2383 on: July 22, 2015, 10:36:54 AM »

Tommy Stinson is pretty damn honest as well....he is and never will be anyone's puppet. Angry

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2384 on: July 22, 2015, 10:46:14 AM »

Richard always comes across as very honest in his interviews.

Let me ask you this.

Why do you think the discrepancy between what Richard said at that guitar clinic thing, versus what he says in interviews?  I would contend he was speaking more freely at the guitar thing, because he was unaware it was being recorded.  The clips we got are obviously someone on an iPhone doing it on the downlow.

Is Richard giving those same answers with a camera or tape recorder in his face?  I don't think so.  Because the minute its an official interview, its none of what we heard in that clinic and just the same tired talking points.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2385 on: July 22, 2015, 11:07:32 AM »

Tommy Stinson is pretty damn honest as well....he is and never will be anyone's puppet. Angry

When was the last time you read or heard a Tommy interview regarding GNR?   

I agree, he is very honest...

But for the so called leader of the "band"     I haven't heard boo from him in a very long time...   Even before this "break"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2386 on: July 22, 2015, 11:13:37 AM »

Richard always comes across as very honest in his interviews.

Let me ask you this.

Why do you think the discrepancy between what Richard said at that guitar clinic thing, versus what he says in interviews?  I would contend he was speaking more freely at the guitar thing, because he was unaware it was being recorded.  The clips we got are obviously someone on an iPhone doing it on the downlow.

Is Richard giving those same answers with a camera or tape recorder in his face?  I don't think so.  Because the minute its an official interview, its none of what we heard in that clinic and just the same tired talking points.

So now its you doing a guitar clinic...   You are up on a stage and see a bunch of people with there phones out constantly, not moving them.  I hope you would know what was up....  I.E, I am sure Richard new he was being recorded.....  I don't think it was to much on the downlow..

But regardless

I do agree with his stance does change when it is a official interview...

But when was the last official interview you have read from anyone???   All the interviews I have read for the past year or so, have been about the band members other bands....    I could see why they would want to focus on guns to be short and to the point when they are there trying to promote there other bands and other work

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2387 on: July 22, 2015, 11:20:57 AM »

Ronald Is Good Guy

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2388 on: July 22, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »

But when was the last official interview you have read from anyone???   All the interviews I have read for the past year or so, have been about the band members other bands....    I could see why they would want to focus on guns to be short and to the point when they are there trying to promote there other bands and other work

I consider the last official GNR interview to be Axl's one with Revolver last spring.

One of the other guys with no say in anything doing an interview where a few token GNR questions are thrown at them, I don't really consider them official interviews about Guns N' Roses.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2389 on: July 22, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »

I consider the last official GNR interview to be Axl's one with Revolver last spring.

One of the other guys with no say in anything doing an interview where a few token GNR questions are thrown at them, I don't really consider them official interviews about Guns N' Roses.

Even if the band members are so out of the loop....  I would still like to see interviews about gnr..   Not there other bands....

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2390 on: July 22, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »

Even if the band members are so out of the loop....  I would still like to see interviews about gnr..   Not there other bands....

You and me both, brother.  But they are either not allowed, or don't know shit about shit. 

We spend a lot of time arguing about which one it is.  Which, to me, misses the point entirely as both options pretty much suck.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2391 on: July 22, 2015, 11:42:15 AM »

You and me both, brother.  But they are either not allowed, or don't know shit about shit. 

We spend a lot of time arguing about which one it is.  Which, to me, misses the point entirely as both options pretty much suck.

Well it all goes down to the band members just being hired hands.

The band members having different management

The band members not being paid right now.....

If it was me.....   If I was King Bacon... 

I would of kept all the band members under payroll and have kept a slight promotion campaign with them ongoing.....    With a very positive vibe...     Even if Axl doesn't want to be active, doesn't mean the brand has to be unactive...   

Have Richard/Dj/Dizzy do a sit in player session on a late night talk show..    But with them keep saying this is a player from Guns N Roses

Have these guys do over the top positive interviews, just about GNR!!!

Right now guns is lucky these guys have other bands, or there would be no interviews, hardly anyone would be talking about this band!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2392 on: July 22, 2015, 11:47:09 AM »

The band members having different management

The band members not being paid right now.....

I would of kept all the band members under payroll and have kept a slight promotion campaign with them ongoing.....    With a very positive vibe...     Even if Axl doesn't want to be active, doesn't mean the brand has to be unactive...   

Have Richard/Dj/Dizzy do a sit in player session on a late night talk show..    But with them keep saying this is a player from Guns N Roses

Right now guns is lucky these guys have other bands, or there would be no interviews, hardly anyone would be talking about this band!

It's okay, the band is on Hiatus.

When there is a new album/tour to promote you'll hear more from and about GNR.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2393 on: July 22, 2015, 12:10:53 PM »

Omg. That old "work"-comparison some of you use is just stupid.  And I 'm sure glad I don't work with people with no empathy. ...

Ron is a champ, both as person and player!

Hell yeah, up there with the best things to happen this century within Gn'fR.  Can't believe the number of turn-coats here these days.  He has employment issues, get over it...  GnR is no ordinary job, when Robin left, you didn't hear a whole lot of why.  That's not to say he left under a cloud, it might suggest that there are reasons to keep quiet though. Same with a few of the others who passed up on staying the distance. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting TB and/or Axl are some kind of  Mafia, where if you spill the beans, you'll wake up beside a horses head, quite the opposite in fact. I'm thinking that there maybe some benefits to keep their cards close to their chest. The way BBF is, and has always been from the get-go, is a fan friendly bloke who likes to be seen as a giver, someone who believes in sharing stuff with the fans.  He might be a square peg in a round hole, and that is seen as some kind of problem, but I believe that he has been beaten with a stick in regards to this, but how frustrating this must be for the fella. A chatty man, who can't really talk straight in regards to his status, or perhaps one that is tantalisingly close to saying fuck it, and just dropping an H-bomb on what he would like to say.  People, well some  fans, have taken to diss him, yet when he was feeding out info, teasing Axl with both Estranged and Don't cry solo's, he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Some of you guys need to take a look in the mirror, is it so wrong to want to change direction in your career? For most of us, we do so and without the maelstrom that goes with being an (ex?) member within the Guns moniker.  ok

Look, Ron can leave for whatever reason he sees fit.

But, there is something called professionalism...and maybe the reason the others who, when they left, remained silent is because of THAT.  They were exhibiting a modicum of professionalism.

You talk about "you and I" leaving, and how we're allowed to do that, etc.  That's all fine and dandy.

But, if you badmouth your former employer.....that reflects just as poorly on you (and makes those who might potentially hire you think "Hmmm..whats he going to say about US when/if he leaves") as it does on your former employer.

Ron has chosen not to do that...not to adopt a modicum of professionalism  He's chosen to air the dirty laundry in public...and people are allowed to look at that, and make a judgement regarding his professionalism, within that lens.  And while we're getting RONS side of the story...notice GnR's camp remains silent.  I'm sure many, many folks are going to hold that up as "See, Rons right....otherwise they'd defend themselves!".  I rather think, actually, that they're letting him taken enough rope to hang himself with, figuratively speaking.  He's doing far more damage to his reputation than any defense, and similar break of professionalism, they could mount...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:18:47 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2394 on: July 22, 2015, 12:11:39 PM »

Well, that's how a lot of us see it, yeah.

This, this all sounds good.  I'd love all of this.

Though experience tells me that you can look forward to be told you have just labeled yourself an expert on everything.  How you are dictating how the band should run according to your whims.  And just where the fuck do you get off anyway?  You will sit patiently in the corner, speak when spoken to, and when the time comes to announce something, they will announce it.

Me, I'm not going to hit you with any of that.  Those are not serious arguments.

I think everything you just laid out would be great.  But it would also be the actions of a business/brand who gave a shit.  And that ain't our situation, sadly.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2395 on: July 22, 2015, 12:23:33 PM »

Well, that's how a lot of us see it, yeah.

This, this all sounds good.  I'd love all of this.

Though experience tells me that you can look forward to be told you have just labeled yourself an expert on everything.  How you are dictating how the band should run according to your whims.  And just where the fuck do you get off anyway?  You will sit patiently in the corner, speak when spoken to, and when the time comes to announce something, they will announce it.

Me, I'm not going to hit you with any of that.  Those are not serious arguments.

I think everything you just laid out would be great.  But it would also be the actions of a business/brand who gave a shit.  And that ain't our situation, sadly.

I am not trying to argue or be negative, so I don't think anyone will really be to mad with these thoughts

So guns owns its own website....  what ever happened to all the dedicated band member chats.... 

Just because you have no new material to promote, doesn't mean you still don't have  brand to promote. 

The band has hungry fans, that just want to feel they are apart of something......   

It seems some of the current/past members of the band felt the same way
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2396 on: July 22, 2015, 12:28:33 PM »

You lips to their ears, Baconman.  Everything you are saying makes perfect sense.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2397 on: July 22, 2015, 01:22:12 PM »

You lips to their ears, Baconman.  Everything you are saying makes perfect sense.

Well mark this down then

I am on vacation now for another 2 weeks

So this may be the last of me posting making sense!!!!!  hahaha
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #2398 on: July 22, 2015, 05:01:10 PM »

I was afk for a while...

so is he in or is he out?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2399 on: July 22, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »

I was afk for a while...

so is he in or is he out?

Ha!  We're 120 pages deep and the answer (I think) is one of the following:  (1) probably, (2) yes, or (3) the band's on hiatus so there's nothing to be in or out of.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: