Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:57:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed Reveals Details Of New GNR Album (from Triple M Sydney)  (Read 76270 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »

CD came with an awfull promotion, no video-clip, and I think I heard Better just 2 times on radio. And I think those 14 tracks on the ?lbum are - MAYBE - the strongest ones from all of what they have, IMO. We?ve got 5 years (untill now, IF they decide to release the next ?lbul in 2015) of touring, fan made videos, live videos by fans, good, bad and awfull performances by Axl (the man still got it, but face it, he doesn?t have 25 years old anymore, and I absolute understand that, and even think it?s crazy the 3 hours setlist).
If we get another ?lbum in the future, take all of what I wrote above as a miracle, if we get close to 50% of that.

What did you mean by there strongest songs, did you mean strong for the radio or just there strogest in general.   I have a feeling that with the supposed 3 albums worth of recorded material and the hodge podge that was the recording process that the next albums would be very simililar in quality.  Who u is fine with me.   Also I remeber reading years ago that axl even invisioned a sorta trilogy with some of these songs.   Not sure which ones.    Also til wasn't even supposed to be on this album until they convinst axl on it.   And I am glad they did that song is beautiful.   Just goes to show you thiugh sometimes even what the band dosnt think should make it turns out to be gold

In regards to the 3 hr concerts and axl getting older.   Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of the length of the shows and I feel it is a total treat and a true money worth experience   But if the time of the shows was a problem.  I would cut out the guitar solos and drum solos.    Also would only do one cover song per show.     This would cut the show down to the two hr mark.   Save the 3hr+ plus shows for special ocasians   Or when they come to my home town!! 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2014, 02:39:08 PM »

CD came with an awfull promotion, no video-clip, and I think I heard Better just 2 times on radio. And I think those 14 tracks on the ?lbum are - MAYBE - the strongest ones from all of what they have, IMO. We?ve got 5 years (untill now, IF they decide to release the next ?lbul in 2015) of touring, fan made videos, live videos by fans, good, bad and awfull performances by Axl (the man still got it, but face it, he doesn?t have 25 years old anymore, and I absolute understand that, and even think it?s crazy the 3 hours setlist).
If we get another ?lbum in the future, take all of what I wrote above as a miracle, if we get close to 50% of that.

What did you mean by there strongest songs, did you mean strong for the radio or just there strogest in general.   I have a feeling that with the supposed 3 albums worth of recorded material and the hodge podge that was the recording process that the next albums would be very simililar in quality.  Who u is fine with me.   Also I remeber reading years ago that axl even invisioned a sorta trilogy with some of these songs.   Not sure which ones.    Also til wasn't even supposed to be on this album until they convinst axl on it.   And I am glad they did that song is beautiful.   Just goes to show you thiugh sometimes even what the band dosnt think should make it turns out to be gold

In regards to the 3 hr concerts and axl getting older.   Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of the length of the shows and I feel it is a total treat and a true money worth experience   But if the time of the shows was a problem.  I would cut out the guitar solos and drum solos.    Also would only do one cover song per show.     This would cut the show down to the two hr mark.   Save the 3hr+ plus shows for special ocasians   Or when they come to my home town!! 

The solo's give Axl a needed breather in between songs... always been that way

I am with you on the covers tho...don't need em, particularly the ones that were never recorded by GNR

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2014, 02:54:53 PM »

What did you mean by there strongest songs, did you mean strong for the radio or just there strogest in general. 

In general. Axl said that a lot of the unreleased material the "old fans" probably won?t like, or will not accept right away, and I think he?s talking about songs like Silkworms, or an album like Oh My God.
I?m not saying that we won?t hear good songs, I really like the new band and Chinese Democracy, and I think Axl one of the great artists of this generation, but CD is the closest that we will get if you want an ?lbum like AFD or UYI. And I?m not saying that we should expect a new AFD album, I?m just saying that we will hear songs that could fit on CD kind of album, than other GNR period, if they decide release those unreleased CD songs already recorded.
Amazes me that we, the fans, didn?t get any "the making of of CD" kind of thing, any official video clip, any NOTHING than "here?s the album, go get it" by the band or the record company. Seems like no one cared, no one gave a shit about. At least they toured, toured and toured, for 6 years and counting
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:56:25 PM by RnT » Logged

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2014, 03:24:27 PM »

There seems to be some ideas going around that the best of the CD era tracks have already been used up but I don't buy that one bit. I guess only time will tell, but I'd bet that the next album will be even better than CD (if that's even possible). Axl has had time to reflect on CD and has all the experience of creating CD behind him now so I think it's only natural that the next release will take things to another level.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2014, 03:29:43 PM »

What did you mean by there strongest songs, did you mean strong for the radio or just there strogest in general. 

Its like they use a minimalistic approach when it comes to marketing.  Its the complete opposite of band like Kiss or Metallica that will market almost anything for a buck.  I for one kinda like the minimalistic approach, but DAMN a making of CD would be so great.  If it was a movie made in the way like that one Metallica made, Monster I think..  That would of been so good.   Even a book, officially released would of been great.   Even just a coffee table book, with nothing but pictures would be so great!!  I have seen pictures of Tommy and Josh, from when they first joined the band and they look just like kids..

In general. Axl said that a lot of the unreleased material the "old fans" probably won?t like, or will not accept right away, and I think he?s talking about songs like Silkworms, or an album like Oh My God.
I?m not saying that we won?t hear good songs, I really like the new band and Chinese Democracy, and I think Axl one of the great artists of this generation, but CD is the closest that we will get if you want an ?lbum like AFD or UYI. And I?m not saying that we should expect a new AFD album, I?m just saying that we will hear songs that could fit on CD kind of album, than other GNR period, if they decide release those unreleased CD songs already recorded.
Amazes me that we, the fans, didn?t get any "the making of of CD" kind of thing, any official video clip, any NOTHING than "here?s the album, go get it" by the band or the record company. Seems like no one cared, no one gave a shit about. At least they toured, toured and toured, for 6 years and counting
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2014, 03:33:25 PM »

There seems to be some ideas going around that the best of the CD era tracks have already been used up but I don't buy that one bit. I guess only time will tell, but I'd bet that the next album will be even better than CD (if that's even possible). Axl has had time to reflect on CD and has all the experience of creating CD behind him now so I think it's only natural that the next release will take things to another level.

But its my understanding that everything is recorded....  I know its years later and people have years more experience, but if everything is already recorded, I would just release it...  Personally, I would like to just hear the original players on the music that wrote the parts, that were good enough for all of us when CD fist came out..  As much as I like the current form of guns, I would prefer them not to redub any of the tracks.   Just release what is recorded and then write some new material with this new band.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2014, 06:02:18 PM »

But its my understanding that everything is recorded....  I know its years later and people have years more experience, but if everything is already recorded, I would just release it...  Personally, I would like to just hear the original players on the music that wrote the parts, that were good enough for all of us when CD fist came out..  As much as I like the current form of guns, I would prefer them not to redub any of the tracks.   Just release what is recorded and then write some new material with this new band.

I could really care less about who does the parts or what era the songs are from. Everyone that was ever in Guns is a pretty badass musician! Whatever works for Ax man at this point, I'm happy with it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:11:41 PM by redneckrudy » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #267 on: November 24, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »

I could really care less about who does the parts or what era the songs are from. Everyone that was ever in Guns is a pretty badass musician! Whatever works for Ax man at this point, I'm happy with it.

I think this is a pretty closed mined / blind eyes opinion.   In my opinion it is also a little disrespectful to the musicians that were involved in the cd recording process.   It is more than just playing parts. As you stated.   It's about writing music.  And to me the writing of the music/melodies is just as important as the lyrics are.   I have so much respect for what the musicians that were involved in cd did.  I would like to hear more of that.  In the attended form.  Not re-recorded by musicians that never wrote it.   Don't get me wrong I like the current formation of guns.  I don't have a problem with some of the players playing live songs they never wrote.   However I would like to give this current version the own voice by writing new music and for any unleased music to be released as I'd by the artists that wrote it. 
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2014, 07:45:52 PM »

I think this is a pretty closed mined / blind eyes opinion.   In my opinion it is also a little disrespectful to the musicians that were involved in the cd recording process.   It is more than just playing parts. As you stated.   It's about writing music.  And to me the writing of the music/melodies is just as important as the lyrics are.   I have so much respect for what the musicians that were involved in cd did.  I would like to hear more of that.  In the attended form.  Not re-recorded by musicians that never wrote it.   Don't get me wrong I like the current formation of guns.  I don't have a problem with some of the players playing live songs they never wrote.   However I would like to give this current version the own voice by writing new music and for any unleased music to be released as I'd by the artists that wrote it. 

Don't the facts show that your above statement is actually the closed minded/blind eye/disrespectful opinion since the final product, the Chinese Democracy that was released to the public six years ago, was a copulation of material (music/lyrics/etc.) written over almost the entire history of band including people who were either no longer in the band (prior to even Bucket & Robin) or were "studio" members (for lack of a better term) or people who weren't even members of GNR and also the fact that parts of CD were re-recorded to include Bumble & Frank?

It seems obvious to me that the "intended form" has always been (as redneckrudy stated), Axl's vision.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:48:46 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2014, 08:19:05 PM »

Hire this man.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #270 on: November 24, 2014, 08:21:16 PM »

Don't the facts show that your above statement is actually the closed minded/blind eye/disrespectful opinion since the final product, the Chinese Democracy that was released to the public six years ago, was a copulation of material (music/lyrics/etc.) written over almost the entire history of band including people who were either no longer in the band (prior to even Bucket & Robin) or were "studio" members (for lack of a better term) or people who weren't even members of GNR and also the fact that parts of CD were re-recorded to include Bumble & Frank?

It seems obvious to me that the "intended form" has always been (as redneckrudy stated), Axl's vision.

If anyone is being disrespected in the current structure, its the guys actually in the band, isn't it?

The ones being told to go wait in the corner, because Axl would rather release songs recorded 10 years ago by people that want nothing to do with him.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2014, 08:55:19 PM »

Hire this man.
Hire him for what? 
The FACTS totally disproved his argument.

If anyone is being disrespected in the current structure, its the guys actually in the band, isn't it?

The ones being told to go wait in the corner, because Axl would rather release songs recorded 10 years ago by people that want nothing to do with him.

You're such a broken record.  We've had this discussion over and over and over again.
FIVE of the eight current members were a part of the writing and recording of those songs too!!!
Dj and Frank have never said anything to indicate they have issues with the writing and/or recording process.
Bumblefoot is the only one who has expressed an opinion that differs from the rest of the band.

Who are these "people that want nothing to do with" Axl??  confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #272 on: November 24, 2014, 09:12:19 PM »

We all know thats its AXls vision and we wont hear anything until Axl releases it...  I support that statement so much, I feel he is the only one out of the Original line up that could continue the legacy which is Guns N Roses.  I think the except anything Axl gives us line, as down right silly though...    Sure I will be happy with it, but I dont think its the best.  Sort of like your fav sporting team.  They can do things wrong and you can call them on it, still means you are a fan.

So if Axls vision has changed and he wants the CD recordings re-worked, with the current line up, I will be happy with that and accept it.  Its not what I want though, or what I think is best.  However that is my vision not Axls.   And no one really cares about TheBaconmans vision haha.

But if anyone did....  Like I said, release what is already recorded.  From what I hear/read almost 3 albums worth still sitting on the shelfs.  I feel the artists on the CD recordings did such a great job.  In Axls vision, I beleave some of tracks on the album may go down as some of the greatest pure guitar rock songs ever.  Out of respect to the artists that wrote the music and to the fans for waiting, I would just release the music as is.

That being said, I would love to hear music written by this current band as well, in any form.

Why is bad for a fan of the band to want as much new music as possible??  

I would also love the current band to tour and put there own spin on the above released songs written durring the CD recordings.   Then you get the best of both worlds.  We get the unreleased CD recordings as is.  And we also get the current line ups version of them, which could be used for a live concert recording album or whatever...    

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #273 on: November 24, 2014, 09:20:39 PM »

Hire this man.
Hire him for what? 

#1) That's a joke from 'Seinfeld'.

#2) What facts?  He has an opinion different from yours.  Doesn't mean you aren't entitled to it, but it sure doesn't mean your opinion is labeled "fact" and his is labeled "wrong".  Come on now.

You're such a broken record.  We've had this discussion over and over and over again.
FIVE of the eight current members were a part of the writing and recording of those songs too!!!
Dj and Frank have never said anything to indicate they have issues with the writing and/or recording process.
Bumblefoot is the only one who has expressed an opinion that differs from the rest of the band.

Hey, I'm a fan that just wants some new songs for Axl to sing.  Provided anything is ever actually released, god willing, I win no matter what.

But if I'm DJ?  If I'm Ron?  I'm curious why the guy that runs the band I'm in has not shown one iota of interest in what I might bring to the table in 5-6 years.  And how if I try and raise the point, I'm told "nah, we're good.  I already got these other songs by other guys".  And if I ask when that might be so I can get a crack, I'm told 6 years later he's "starting to look at things int that regard".  Not sure that makes me feel like most valued employee that ever lived.

Bucket and Robin.  Unless their leaving the fold was actually a vote of confidence in the whole endeavor.

Or in the case of Bucket, refusing to even talk about several years of work he did is some sort of reflection of what a ball he had.

These are the guy the current guys in the band playing all the shows can't bump out of the way to get Axl's ear.  Those guys.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2014, 09:23:42 PM »

Hire this man.
Hire him for what? 

#1) That's a joke from 'Seinfeld'.

#2) What facts?  He has an opinion different from yours.  Doesn't mean you aren't entitled to it, but it sure doesn't mean your opinion is labeled "fact" and his is labeled "wrong".  Come on now.

Hey, I'm a fan that just wants some new songs for Axl to sing.  Provided anything is ever actually released, god willing, I win no matter what.

But if I'm DJ?  If I'm Ron?  I'm curious why the guy that runs the band I'm in has not shown one iota of interest in what I might bring to the table in 5-6 years.  And how if I try and raise the point, I'm told "nah, we're good.  I already got these other songs by other guys".  And if I ask when that might be so I can get a crack, I'm told 6 years later he's "starting to look at things int that regard".  Not sure that makes me feel like most valued employee that ever lived.

Bucket and Robin.  Unless their leaving the fold was actually a vote of confidence in the whole endeavor.

Or in the case of Bucket, refusing to even talk about several years of work he did is some sort of reflection of what a ball he had.

These are the guy the current guys in the band playing all the shows can't bump out of the way to get Axl's ear.  Those guys.

I havent really figured out this whole quote feature so bare with me, or the spell check either haha.

But ya I agree I would hire me as well.  They had a buckethead, why not a Baconman
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #275 on: November 24, 2014, 09:24:33 PM »

We all know thats its AXls vision and we wont hear anything until Axl releases it...  I support that statement so much, I feel he is the only one out of the Original line up that could continue the legacy which is Guns N Roses.  I think the except anything Axl gives us line, as down right silly though...    Sure I will be happy with it, but I dont think its the best.  Sort of like your fav sporting team.  They can do things wrong and you can call them on it, still means you are a fan.

Dude, I've been making this argument for 13 months now.  It couldn't fall on deafer ears.

That being said, I would love to hear music written by this current band as well, in any form.

I'm right with you.  

Mainly, because this is the band I am claiming I follow.  As it is now, I follow a bunch of guys that play other people's stuff.  I would hope to one day get to a point I could tell someone I like what DJ or Ron does, not that I like how DJ and Ron play Buckethead and Slash solos

But, that ain't happening.  Any next album we might ever get won't be done by the guys onstage.  And that's just life in the big city.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #276 on: November 24, 2014, 09:25:22 PM »

But ya I agree I would hire me as well.  They had a buckethead, why not a Baconman

Let's hear a demo!

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #277 on: November 24, 2014, 09:25:45 PM »

So if Axls vision has changed and he wants the CD recordings re-worked, with the current line up, I will be happy with that and accept it.  Its not what I want though, or what I think is best.  However that is my vision not Axls.   And no one really cares about TheBaconmans vision haha.

But if anyone did....  Like I said, release what is already recorded.  From what I hear/read almost 3 albums worth still sitting on the shelfs.  I feel the artists on the CD recordings did such a great job.  In Axls vision, I beleave some of tracks on the album may go down as some of the greatest pure guitar rock songs ever.  Out of respect to the artists that wrote the music and to the fans for waiting, I would just release the music as is.
If my response to your other post came across as a personal attack, I apologize.  It was not my intent.  But I do again want to point out that what we all hear on CD was not ONLY written by those members you appear to be ONLY crediting.

Why is bad for a fan of the band to want as much new music as possible??
Of course it's not bad.  It's the one thing we can agree on.

I would also love the current band to tour and put there own spin on the above released songs written durring the CD recordings.   Then you get the best of both worlds.  We get the unreleased CD recordings as is.  And we also get the current line ups version of them, which could be used for a live concert recording album or whatever...    
Again, we're in agreement.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #278 on: November 24, 2014, 09:38:42 PM »

Again not sure about this quote feature, but I am working night shift tonight so I am sure I will figure it out.

In regards to who I credited in being in on the CD recordings.....   I am not sure who I listed, other than saying I loved the work done by Bucket and Robin...   I am well aware of who was involed in the recroding process who is in the current band and who isnt...  And I would love to hear all those involeds work.  Which as you stated is a good portion of the current band.   

I wouldnt like for Frank to go in and re-record all of Brains work, or anything else.   leave Tommys work alone, Pauls, Chris's, all the engeners and techs work.  Leave it all alone, and just release what you have.   Then tour with whatever the current band is and play the shit out of it.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2014, 10:21:55 PM »

leave Tommys work alone, Pauls, Chris's, all the engeners and techs work.  Leave it all alone, and just release what you have.   

I wish I can find the right words to show how what you are saying in this part that I quoted is the point that the final product was a collaboration of so many different elements.

I am in no way trying to diminish the contributions by Bucket and Robin.
I am only trying to point out that it was Axl's vision that brought both Bucket and Robin into the process along with everyone else including those you mentioned.

"Leave it all alone" was never a part of the process due to all the known and unknown extenuating circumstances.  And Axl's vision had to evolve along with all those extenuating circumstances.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: