Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nov 26 LIVE VIDEO CHAT PARTY WITH ASHBA
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nov 26 LIVE VIDEO CHAT PARTY WITH ASHBA  (Read 6844 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: November 16, 2014, 06:45:03 PM »

From Dj's Facebook:

Dj ASHBA? with D.j. Ashba

LIVE VIDEO CHAT PARTY WITH ASHBA - Wednesday, November 26th. 2pm pt. ‪#‎longoverdue‬ ‪#‎LIVE‬ ‪#‎Cam‬ ‪#‎Videochat‬ ‪#‎ASHBAenterprises‬ ‪#‎MyWayToThankYouAllForMyAwesomeBirthdayPresents‬ ‪#‎gunsnroses‬ ‪#‎sixxam‬ ‪#‎monsterenergy‬ ‪#‎ashbaclothing‬ ‪#‎ashbamedia‬ IF YOU LIKE THIS, CLICK LIKE! I WANNA HEAR FROM YOU!!!

D.j. Ashba
CHAT LOCATION - CHAT LOCATION - http://www.djashba.com/afu.html
A.F.U.
PROUDLY POWERED BY ASHBA ENTERPRISES, INC. ? 2014. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
djashba.com

Also for those who may not know, "2pm pt" means 2pm Pacific USA time (like the time it will be in Las Vegas USA).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:49:51 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »

#NoGNRQuestions

#WhyAreYouAskingMe

#FuckedIfIKnow

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 01:11:44 PM »

Dang, I would love to get on there and ask him some things but I have Chinese class at 2 and don't have an FB anyway. Anyone on here gonna be able to join the chat? Maybe someone could ask him if BOD might someday become a full GNR song?

I know he probably won't be able to say much about the next album but that's cool, I understand if the Ax man wants to keep it a surprise.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »

Dang, I would love to get on there and ask him some things but I have Chinese class at 2 and don't have an FB anyway. Anyone on here gonna be able to join the chat? Maybe someone could ask him if BOD might someday become a full GNR song?

I know he probably won't be able to say much about the next album but that's cool, I understand if the Ax man wants to keep it a surprise.

You won't miss anything.

All these chats go the same way.  GNR fans flood it, he has nothing on that front (save the usual vague platitudes), and we talk about his guitar gear.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 01:35:12 PM »

#NoGNRQuestions

#WhyAreYouAskingMe

#FuckedIfIKnow

That's the positive spirit. A band member takes time to chat to the fans, communicating directly with the fans, but instead of getting some even tiny amount of credit for it, he gets shit for it because he's not the spokesperson for the band and/or revealing album exclusives....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 01:38:02 PM »

#NoGNRQuestions

#WhyAreYouAskingMe

#FuckedIfIKnow

That's the positive spirit. A band member takes time to chat to the fans, communicating directly with the fans, but instead of getting some even tiny amount of credit for it, he gets shit for it because he's not the spokesperson for the band and/or revealing album exclusives....

So you are refuting that?  You think there will be some GNR stuff in there for us? 

Awesome.  I look forward to hearing it.

Will anyone be doing a transcript, after?  I'd hate people to miss out if they can't catch it live.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 01:42:16 PM »

I stand by my "you don't understand English" theory.

I said: Give the guy some credit for talking directly to his fans instead of whining about what he might or might not reveal. Jeez.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 01:46:35 PM »

I stand by my "you don't understand English" theory.

I said: Give the guy some credit for talking directly to his fans instead of whining about what he might or might not reveal. Jeez.

If I based my comments on what you felt I should be allowed to say, I'd have 7 total posts.

Maybe.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 01:50:30 PM »

Where's your positive comments about Dj taking the time to do this? I must have missed it.....  confused

Communicating with the fans, wasn't that on your good list?
Or is it only if the communicating relates to your personal needs?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »

Where's your positive comments about Dj taking the time to do this? I must have missed it.....  confused

My comment was to redneckrudy about what he could expect.  And it stands up. 

End of story.

If I'm wrong, we'll burn me in effigy together, deal?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 02:01:45 PM »

That's funny. You replied to his message before he even posted once in this thread.

#NoGNRQuestions

#WhyAreYouAskingMe

#FuckedIfIKnow

I still stand by my comment.
Mr Positivity does not like to say anything nice about Dj doing this. The people of the Internet might think he's lost his "cool". Oh the horror.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 02:03:41 PM »

"Say anything nice"?  What is this, second grade?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 02:06:17 PM »

God, you're boring.

Mr "I replied to a post before he posted".... Quick, turn the attention away from the fact that your first post was done before anybody else said anything you could reply to. Quick! Hopefully nobody can tell what a hypocrite you are.... Shocked

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:08:05 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 02:10:23 PM »

God, you're boring.

Mr "I replied to a post before he posted".... Quick, turn the attention away from the fact that your first post was done before anybody else said anything you could reply to. Quick! Hopefully nobody can tell what a hypocrite you are.... Shocked

You've already given this "bombshell" about 4 more posts than it deserved.  No one cares.  Note the lack of anyone else jumping in here.

Let's move on.  I'll just check back for the transcript, and we can resume this stimulating conversation at that time.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 02:14:33 PM »

Sure Mr Positivity, you don't wanna talk about current events that relate to other GN'R fans.... We get it.

/jarmo

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 02:20:07 PM »

#NoGNRQuestions

#WhyAreYouAskingMe

#FuckedIfIKnow

Give it a rest for Christ's sake.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 02:32:10 PM »

#NoGNRQuestions

#WhyAreYouAskingMe

#FuckedIfIKnow

Give it a rest for Christ's sake.

I am operating under the premise that the overwhelming hook on a GNR forum for a DJ Ashba chat (or any of these guys, really) would be how it pertains to Guns N' Roses. 

There is always the odd guitar player who is interested in his gear.  Of the generic ones that just want to tell him that he rocks.  But, on balance, most people would be interested in the Guns N' Roses angle to his work.

Do you think that's inaccurate?  Would you even call it 50/50?

Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 02:55:13 PM »

There needs to be a system that gets questions to the person in an orderly fashion.  All too often it becomes people just hammering away and repeating their question, making the screen scroll at unreadable paces.
Also if there could be GNR questions, SIXX AM Questions, ASHBA questions....a bit of everything to keep everyone happy.

Nice to see him doing this.  I remember the Nightrain chats from a couple year(s) back.  People need to give this guy some credit for being approachable and at least in my mind "giving a shit about the fans".

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 03:00:25 PM »

Nice to see him doing this.  I remember the Nightrain chats from a couple year(s) back.  People need to give this guy some credit for being approachable and at least in my mind "giving a shit about the fans".

I think most of the current crop of these guys are good at this.

I used to say these guys were real troopers doing the Nightrain chats considering they were going into it knowing they had no answers to most of the questions they'd get.  They could have just as easily said no.  But I think DJ, Ron, and Dizzy did them, right?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 03:40:29 PM »

There needs to be a system that gets questions to the person in an orderly fashion.  All too often it becomes people just hammering away and repeating their question, making the screen scroll at unreadable paces.
Also if there could be GNR questions, SIXX AM Questions, ASHBA questions....a bit of everything to keep everyone happy.

I agree that there has to be some type of system where questions are asked in a more formal way....  Sometimes these chats just turn into a giant cluster.  Its not usually only just the format though, but a lot of the fans seem to check there brain at the door, before walking in....  Silly questions, that you know arnt going to get answered, but people ask them just for the sake of it...   I am also not a fan of the bend over blow job praise that people show these artists.  I get it you are fans and they are great and sometimes legends, but for the sake of the chats, act like you have been here done that before.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: