Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N? Roses vs. Bon Jovi ? Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N? Roses vs. Bon Jovi ? Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame  (Read 11903 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 05:04:44 PM »

I am not really a fan of Bon Jovi but I think they have handled their career much better than Guns have: thirteen studio albums and it is only recently, with the departure of Sambora in 2013, that they began to run into line-up difficulties.

Quantity doesn't equal quality though. I haven't cared for much of their music past the early 90's, save for a few songs. Especially their recent stuff. I realize people could say the same about CD, and I don't mean to take anything away from Bon Jovi. They're still massively popular, and that's to be respected. But if GNR released 13 albums, each one getting progressively less enjoyable, I'm not sure how excited about that I'd be.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »

Really treat their fans like gold too.  Of the bands that I follow, Pearl Jam and Bon Jovi are models for how it should always be.

Meanwhile, norwegian satanrockers tells their fans to commit suicide.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 05:28:48 PM »

I am not really a fan of Bon Jovi but I think they have handled their career much better than Guns have: thirteen studio albums and it is only recently, with the departure of Sambora in 2013, that they began to run into line-up difficulties.

Quantity doesn't equal quality though. I haven't cared for much of their music past the early 90's, save for a few songs. Especially their recent stuff. I realize people could say the same about CD, and I don't mean to take anything away from Bon Jovi. They're still massively popular, and that's to be respected. But if GNR released 13 albums, each one getting progressively less enjoyable, I'm not sure how excited about that I'd be.

From my standpoint, if a band whose music I do not like manages its career well and maintains its popularity, that's more reason for me not to like them because it increases the chances that I hear their music, whether it's in public events, commercials, etc. 
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 05:36:57 PM »

From my standpoint, if a band whose music I do not like manages its career well and maintains its popularity, that's more reason for me not to like them because it increases the chances that I hear their music, whether it's in public events, commercials, etc. 

Everending discussion. Tongue

With motley crue I mostly care for the first two albums and new tattoo. They are very famous for the rest tho.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 05:58:01 PM »

Just voted, Guns is the obvious choice for me. Looks like they are winning but by no more than a half of a percent.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 08:38:42 AM »

Don't care how nice some band is to their fans or how well their career is going when the essential thing is missing: The music.

Don't forget, you can vote daily!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 09:58:21 AM »

But if they were your favorite band, you would not say that.

Your favorite band does not start out on an even playing field.  Odds are, you are already incredibly slanted. 

For instance, look at some of the waxing poetic we heard about 'Chinese Democracy'.  The only people on the planet that view it that way are Guns N' Roses fans.  Even the good reviews it got, they didn't go overboard with any sort of "masterpiece" labels.  The only ones that go that far are already established Guns N' Roses fans, because you can't help but be biased towards your favorite.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 09:59:20 AM »

Don't care how nice some band is to their fans or how well their career is going when the essential thing is missing: The music.

Are we exactly up to our ass in music though?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2014, 10:36:14 AM »

But if they were your favorite band, you would not say that.

Your favorite band does not start out on an even playing field.  Odds are, you are already incredibly slanted. 

For instance, look at some of the waxing poetic we heard about 'Chinese Democracy'.  The only people on the planet that view it that way are Guns N' Roses fans.  Even the good reviews it got, they didn't go overboard with any sort of "masterpiece" labels.  The only ones that go that far are already established Guns N' Roses fans, because you can't help but be biased towards your favorite.
Obviously. But I did like Bon Jovi when I was 10. I liked their music from the 80's and still do. I haven't liked much of what they've released over the past 25 years or so. So when I only like 2 out of 13 of their albums, I can't use that as a check mark in their favor. I'm amazed they've been able to stay as popular as they have over the years. They've kept appealing to their aging female audience, as their music has become much softer over the years.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 10:37:49 AM »

Are we exactly up to our ass in music though?

Doesn't matter. If GN'R only put out one album that I really liked and then split up, I'd still think they are better than any of those other bands left in the battle of the bands.
Sorry, don't care for Bon Jovi, Jon Bon Jovi or his career. Don't take it personally.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 10:42:41 AM »

Poison and RATT beat Nirvana and Soundgarden! It is definitely a poll for the mullet wearer. I am not really sure if it is worth my time voting on such a poll.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »

Obviously. But I did like Bon Jovi when I was 10. I liked their music from the 80's and still do. I haven't liked much of what they've released over the past 25 years or so. So when I only like 2 out of 13 of their albums, I can't use that as a check mark in their favor. I'm amazed they've been able to stay as popular as they have over the years. They've kept appealing to their aging female audience, as their music has become much softer over the years.

Kind of lost their way the last few albums, I think.  The country inspired one was kind of meh, and the last one didn't excite me.

But I liked it all up until 2006's 'Have A Nice Day'.  I think that one is one of their strongest top to bottom.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2014, 10:53:14 AM »

Poison and RATT beat Nirvana and Soundgarden! It is definitely a poll for the mullet wearer. I am not really sure if it is worth my time voting on such a poll.

Yeah, credibility really suffers with those picks.  And I like all 4 of those bands.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2014, 11:02:12 AM »

I only listen to bands that Axl Rose has pre-approved for me, like Sebastian Bach and Taylor Momsen.  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »

I only listen to bands that Axl Rose has pre-approved for me, like Sebastian Bach and Taylor Momsen.  ok

Consider yourself warned. Smart ass.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:17:01 AM by jarmo » Logged

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »

I really cant stand Bon Jovi.  Dont really mean to offend any of there fans on here, this is just imo...  My biggest gripe with them is what are they actually singing about?  They are very radio friendly and there music is very easy to listen too, as you dont really have to think too much.  Sorta like the nickelback of the 80s. 

IMO, guns and bon jovi shouldnt even be in the same coversation.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2014, 07:46:03 AM »

It's pretty close, keep voting.

/jarmo

illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2014, 11:35:28 AM »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-vs-bon-jovi/

Bon Jovi is in the lead

Wake up. . . .time to die
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2014, 11:44:05 AM »

You can vote every day....

/jarmo

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2014, 12:10:15 PM »

I almost voted for Bon Jovi because I'm not comfortable with GNR winning the same contest in which Ratt beat Nirvana.  But I voted for GNR anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: