Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:03:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 NFL Season  (Read 149338 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #340 on: September 22, 2015, 01:43:25 AM »

Since after The AFC Championship Halftime and the NFL's new interest in proper inflation of footballs, Tom Brady has been nothing but spectacular, but Andrew Luck has been pretty bad. Just sayin.  hihi

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #341 on: September 22, 2015, 09:26:31 AM »

Luck is lucky to play in a terrible division.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #342 on: September 22, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »

Really good win for the Jets tonight. Their defense looked really good. Based on their upcoming schedule it's not impossible they go into Gillette 5-0.

I would agree, but Gillette might be an eye opening experience. Right now the 'signature' win for this team is the Colts, and we saw in Buffalo how a defense that 'handled' Indy feared against Tom Brady, Gronk, Edelman, and that RB that Rex couldn't name.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #343 on: September 22, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »

For sure, that game will be our true test of how good we really are. Until that game we don't play anyone that strikes any fear into me really. We have a relatively easy schedule this year imo. The toughest games are against you guys and Dallas. With Romo out that game may not even be that difficult.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #344 on: September 22, 2015, 08:46:18 PM »

The NFC East is a mess. Even Dallas at 2-0 looked terrible today and now is without Romo and Bryant for awhile.

The Redskins could conceivably win that division with how embarrassingly bad the Eagles look with Bradford at QB.

I don't know if the 49ers are simply horrible or my Steelers are quite good, but I'll take the W Cool
I think the 9ers are a pretty bad team, but I think the Steelers are a good team. It's way early, but I'd say the Steelers and Patriots are the most sure things in the AFC going forward. I'd probably throw the Broncos in there too. It looks pretty clear that Peyton isn't the threat he used to be. But he may be good enough still if their defense keeps playing at a high level. The Colts should rack up wins eventually, but they're soft. Bengals could be good until the playoffs roll around, and then they'll return to form. At least if history is any indicator. Jets defense looks very good. Offense looks improved, but they're not going to get involved in too many shootouts. Chargers, Chiefs, Ravens, Bills, Dolphins could be factors but each of them have their issues.

But again, it's way early. You get a better read on teams around Thanksgiving. Find out what they're really made of.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #345 on: September 22, 2015, 09:05:49 PM »

For sure, that game will be our true test of how good we really are. Until that game we don't play anyone that strikes any fear into me really. We have a relatively easy schedule this year imo. The toughest games are against you guys and Dallas. With Romo out that game may not even be that difficult.
Romo and Dez MAY be back by the time they play the Jets. I have to see a bit more from the Jets to know what they truly are. Certainly off to a good start, and their defense looks very good. The offense looks improved. Geno getting punched out might be a blessing in disguise. Though Fitzpatrick is streaky. He'll have some great games, but I'm sure he's got a few bad ones left in his arsenal. The win at Indy is definitely a good one. Not to take anything away from them, but they may have caught them at a good time. Indy was slow out of the gate last year, and their confidence may have been shaken a little bit after losing to the Bills in week 1. Andre Johnson and Frank Gore being implemented into the offense, and by the way they both look a bit washed up. I'm not sure how much they have left in the tank. TY Hilton was banged up. It was a good time to play them. But credit to the Jets, I didn't expect them to go in there and win. This week they seem to be catching another team at the right time, as the Eagles are a mess right now. Not sure they can right the ship against that Jets defense.

The divisional games this year should be challenging. Road games at Oakland, Houston, and the Giants should be good tests. I have a hard time seeing the Jets as more than an 8-8 type of team, but again. I need to see more. Maybe they are better than that, but it's too early to tell.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #346 on: September 22, 2015, 10:43:33 PM »

They might be, i think Romo will be but there's conflicting reports on how long Dez Bryant will be out. I think you're right about that. Bowles said even after Smith his healthy this is Fitzpatrick's team. Hopefully he can continue to play well. The Colts looked really off. Some of that i think was just bad decisions but gotta credit the Jets defense as well. They came up with some big plays. The way the Eagles look i expect the Jets to be able to go there and win they look dreadful. Not sure how good the Texans and Raiders are but i think we can take the G-men. They have blown 2 big 4th quarter leads to start the season 0-2. That doesn't exactly exude confidence in them for me so far. A lot can change though it;s still very early.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #347 on: September 23, 2015, 08:51:38 AM »

The NFC East is a mess. Even Dallas at 2-0 looked terrible today and now is without Romo and Bryant for awhile.

The Redskins could conceivably win that division with how embarrassingly bad the Eagles look with Bradford at QB.

I don't know if the 49ers are simply horrible or my Steelers are quite good, but I'll take the W Cool
I think the 9ers are a pretty bad team, but I think the Steelers are a good team. It's way early, but I'd say the Steelers and Patriots are the most sure things in the AFC going forward. I'd probably throw the Broncos in there too. It looks pretty clear that Peyton isn't the threat he used to be. But he may be good enough still if their defense keeps playing at a high level. The Colts should rack up wins eventually, but they're soft. Bengals could be good until the playoffs roll around, and then they'll return to form. At least if history is any indicator.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots, Broncos, Steelers and Colts finish with the top 4 seeds in the AFC just like last year. The Patriots and Steelers both play the Broncos and Colts this year, so those will definitely be games to watch looking forward.

The biggest question mark surrounding my Steelers was the D, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw even if the 49ers are a hot mess. 1st round picks Cam Heyward, Bud Dupree and Ryan Shazier are looking quite good, and I'm truly bewildered why Shazier wasn't put on Gronk the previous week given how he made Kaepernick's life truly miserable on Sunday.

I also can't wait for the 4 WR sets Haley is gunna' be running once Bryant is back with #4 WR Darrius Heyward-Bey continuing to click with Ben the way he has. Antonio Brown demanding double coverage and then having to cover Bryant, DHB and Wheaton on top of that will be provide a lot of sleepless nights for defensive coordinators. Le'Veon Bell returning this week - and promising an even better season than last year - might also signal the best backfield in the league between him and DeAngelo Williams. Nonetheless, Big Ben staying healthy is obviously paramount to this team being successful.

I don't really know what to make of the Bengals with Andy Dalton still at QB. AJ Green scares me given how horrid the Steelers' secondary looks this year, but Ben has been quite dominant against the Bengals throughout his career as he is against the Browns, so I'll remain positive that he'll be able to get the job done.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #348 on: September 23, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »

They might be, i think Romo will be but there's conflicting reports on how long Dez Bryant will be out. I think you're right about that. Bowles said even after Smith his healthy this is Fitzpatrick's team. Hopefully he can continue to play well. The Colts looked really off. Some of that i think was just bad decisions but gotta credit the Jets defense as well. They came up with some big plays. The way the Eagles look i expect the Jets to be able to go there and win they look dreadful. Not sure how good the Texans and Raiders are but i think we can take the G-men. They have blown 2 big 4th quarter leads to start the season 0-2. That doesn't exactly exude confidence in them for me so far. A lot can change though it;s still very early.
Winning on the road in the NFL isn't easy, that's the only reason I point out the games at Oakland and Houston. I don't necessarily think they're good teams, but they could be tough to beat on the road. The Giants are a few plays from being 2-0. As bad as the losses have been, they could still turn things around. Especially in that division.

I'd agree that it would appear the Jets should handle the Eagles this week. They've looked horrible thus far. But things can change quickly and unexpected things happen. Maybe Philly puts things together and the Jets who are flying high right now maybe take them for granted. I'm not expecting it, and I did pick up the Jets D in fantasy FWIW. But it wouldn't shock me. Philly can't be THIS bad, can they?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:34:26 AM by faldor » Logged

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #349 on: September 23, 2015, 12:59:27 PM »

I think the 9ers are a pretty bad team, but I think the Steelers are a good team. It's way early, but I'd say the Steelers and Patriots are the most sure things in the AFC going forward. I'd probably throw the Broncos in there too. It looks pretty clear that Peyton isn't the threat he used to be. But he may be good enough still if their defense keeps playing at a high level. The Colts should rack up wins eventually, but they're soft. Bengals could be good until the playoffs roll around, and then they'll return to form. At least if history is any indicator.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots, Broncos, Steelers and Colts finish with the top 4 seeds in the AFC just like last year. The Patriots and Steelers both play the Broncos and Colts this year, so those will definitely be games to watch looking forward.

The biggest question mark surrounding my Steelers was the D, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw even if the 49ers are a hot mess. 1st round picks Cam Heyward, Bud Dupree and Ryan Shazier are looking quite good, and I'm truly bewildered why Shazier wasn't put on Gronk the previous week given how he made Kaepernick's life truly miserable on Sunday.

I also can't wait for the 4 WR sets Haley is gunna' be running once Bryant is back with #4 WR Darrius Heyward-Bey continuing to click with Ben the way he has. Antonio Brown demanding double coverage and then having to cover Bryant, DHB and Wheaton on top of that will be provide a lot of sleepless nights for defensive coordinators. Le'Veon Bell returning this week - and promising an even better season than last year - might also signal the best backfield in the league between him and DeAngelo Williams. Nonetheless, Big Ben staying healthy is obviously paramount to this team being successful.

I don't really know what to make of the Bengals with Andy Dalton still at QB. AJ Green scares me given how horrid the Steelers' secondary looks this year, but Ben has been quite dominant against the Bengals throughout his career as he is against the Browns, so I'll remain positive that he'll be able to get the job done.

Unless something major changes (I know it is just two weeks in) there is no way the Clots make the playoffs unless the AFC South mimics last years NFC South. That is a terrible O line, a historically bad Defense, and a QB that in good situations turns the ball over way too much.
The only way the Pats v. Colts game is a 'game to watch' is if you are looking for a team to score 60+ points on Indy.
The only team right now in the AFC that would scare me as a Pats fan is Denver, solely because of their defense. granted they have pulled off games, but even in success Peyton looks terrible. He needs to put every ounce of his body into a throw just to get it to carry 45 yards in the air. His ball looks more like a shovel pass than a spiral, and we know he gets worse as the year goes on and the weather gets colder.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #350 on: September 23, 2015, 01:27:25 PM »

Last year's NFC South really wasn't any worse than the AFC South pretty much always is. Unless JJ Watt can also play QB, I'm just not seeing a huge threat to the Colts winning that division no matter how badly they've played so far this season.

I also think you're underestimating the Steelers given how they played Week 1 without Bell or Bryant. If the Pats run D made Williams look like a Pro-Bowler, what would the best RB on the planet been able to do? Plus while the Pats did a fairly decent job neutralizing Antonio Brown, how would they have done against Brown, Bryant and DHB with Bell in the backfield? That game and the rematch in the postseason I'm eagerly anticipating might look much different I guess is what I'm getting at  Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #351 on: September 23, 2015, 07:14:56 PM »

Winning on the road in the NFL isn't easy, that's the only reason I point out the games at Oakland and Houston. I don't necessarily think they're good teams, but they could be tough to beat on the road. The Giants are a few plays from being 2-0. As bad as the losses have been, they could still turn things around. Especially in that division.

I'd agree that it would appear the Jets should handle the Eagles this week. They've looked horrible thus far. But things can change quickly and unexpected things happen. Maybe Philly puts things together and the Jets who are flying high right now maybe take them for granted. I'm not expecting it, and I did pick up the Jets D in fantasy FWIW. But it wouldn't shock me. Philly can't be THIS bad, can they?

They certainly looked that bad in the first two weeks. Maybe they can start to turn it around against the Jets.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #352 on: September 24, 2015, 10:31:58 AM »

Last year's NFC South really wasn't any worse than the AFC South pretty much always is. Unless JJ Watt can also play QB, I'm just not seeing a huge threat to the Colts winning that division no matter how badly they've played so far this season.

I also think you're underestimating the Steelers given how they played Week 1 without Bell or Bryant. If the Pats run D made Williams look like a Pro-Bowler, what would the best RB on the planet been able to do? Plus while the Pats did a fairly decent job neutralizing Antonio Brown, how would they have done against Brown, Bryant and DHB with Bell in the backfield? That game and the rematch in the postseason I'm eagerly anticipating might look much different I guess is what I'm getting at  Wink

Steelers were obviously missing key players, but the Patriots were without LaFell, Blount, and Stork. It was the first game for an entirely new interior offensive line. They've played quite well, but could still get better. The scores of both the first 2 wins make the games appear closer than they actually were. They were never really in danger of losing either game. They could easily improve just as much as the Steelers.

However, I will admit, the added options at WR could hurt them all season long. Butler and Brown look like they can handle their duties, but Fletcher and/or Ryan will be picked on repeatedly until they prove they can stop a teams 3rd, 4th, and 5th options. And I'm not sure that time will ever come. The one glaring weakness New England has right now, and it won't be easy to fix. That's how Green Bay beat them last year. The run defense is also a bit of a concern, but they've played from ahead so much it hasn't mattered. I need to see it in a close game to know how much it hurts them.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #353 on: September 24, 2015, 02:09:43 PM »

No one in the NFC South last year finished above .500, so it's a huge difference from the typical AFC South. I just don't see the Colts beating anyone that has a passable offense.

Also look at what the Pats have done in recent years... they are very willing to let you run all game long, then tighten up in the red zone and spend most of the day focusing on what you do best.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:16:36 PM by C0ma » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #354 on: September 26, 2015, 01:17:40 AM »

So much over reaction. all of a sudden Andrew Luck Sucks... Come on. Dude just has no running game which makes it harder.

Deflategate was the stupidest shit ever.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2015, 01:38:41 AM »

So much over reaction. all of a sudden Andrew Luck Sucks... Come on. Dude just has no running game which makes it harder.

I don't think he sucks. I think he's quite talented. He's not what's wrong. The team is badly constructed. Defense is pillowy soft. But Luck does have the most turnovers in the league the last few years. More than Jay Cutler. That's not good.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #356 on: September 26, 2015, 09:15:12 PM »

No one said he sucks, he is an amazing talent who makes bad decisions (think Drew Bledsoe but better). To your point he has no running game, no O-Line and a historically bad defense. When he puts them in the hole by fumbling and throwing up interceptions when he has no talent around him I just don't see them making much noise this year. Their GM really hurt them in the draft and other off season moves.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #357 on: September 28, 2015, 04:02:54 AM »

The Vikings just keep on improving! San Diego did not stand a chance.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #358 on: September 28, 2015, 10:22:43 AM »

Big Ben crying

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #359 on: September 28, 2015, 12:34:14 PM »

Big Ben crying
Looks like it'll probably be 6 weeks, could be 4 if he's lucky. Their next 6 games are not easy though. The AFC is pretty weak so they could still be ok, but they have to try to at least tread water these next 6 weeks. We'll see what Mike Vick has left in the tank. Looks like the Bengals have a wide open road to the top spot in the AFC North. I still don't trust them in the playoffs though, but maybe things will be different this year.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: