Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 09:35:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ comments on current situation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ comments on current situation  (Read 30758 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »

When was the last time things have been this slow in the gnr camp ?

In the mid 90s and the 2000s there always seemed to be some buzz and some news and something to talk about. 

Now there is nothing. 

First time I think

How about 2003-2005.

Only news during those years were the canceled Rock in Rio/Bucket's departure and the GH album.

Those are considered "the dark years" of the newer GN'R history.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2015, 09:00:32 PM »

In the mid 90s and the 2000s there always seemed to be some buzz and some news and something to talk about. 

Now there is nothing. 

First time I think

How about 2003-2005.

Only news during those years were the canceled Rock in Rio/Bucket's departure and the GH album.

Those are considered "the dark years" of the newer GN'R history.

late '90s were pretty damn dark...'03 to beginning of '06 dark as well.
I can't lie, it's depressing as hell to see Axl Rose, my favorite performer of all time, unable or unwilling to release music.  I don't understand it.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2015, 10:09:03 PM »

But,,, Recent Tour 2014

WTF !!!

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2015, 10:45:05 PM »

Spirit is right.  2003-05 was the worst.  The worst, Jerry.

To put it in perspective, as grim as things might look right now, tack on 2 full years from right now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »

late '90s were pretty damn dark...'03 to beginning of '06 dark as well.
I can't lie, it's depressing as hell to see Axl Rose, my favorite performer of all time, unable or unwilling to release music.  I don't understand it.

Its a bummer, to be sure.

Too often lamenting the wasted time is attempted to be sold as outrageous demands or uppity entitlement.

Not really the case.  Its just recognizing a shame when you see one.  That's all.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 10:50:03 PM »

But,,, Recent Tour 2014

WTF !!!

Legit point.  You can't say things are as terrible as can be, because we've gone through worse.

Its also not terribly realistic to expect anything to have happened between that last show in June 2014 and now. 

The hope has to be the time wasn't spent in vain, and laid some foundation for something cool in 2016.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2015, 01:06:17 AM »

Now there is nothing. 

First time I think

It hasn't even been a year off on down time yet.

Some people are entirely too antsy, and then you have the doom patrol who try to act like they are in the know and savvy about the business while painting everything as dark and bleak as possible.    Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2015, 01:27:31 AM »

Members In Tour Whit Side Proyects, Axl & GNR Management, Planification, Copyright, Details Of New Disc, New Tour, New Music, etc, etc... Simply...

Patience Please.

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2015, 02:22:14 PM »

Lol well then it may be the second quietest period of time then haha

In the late 90s I got a new GNR song

In those dead times in the 2000s I had footage of new concerts and songs and it was exciting still

Now?   It's very quiet.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2015, 03:16:22 PM »

2003 to 2006 was pretty f'n quiet....we did get one leak with Going Down and some remix leaks as well....but, shhhhh, don't tell anybody that happened! Because it didn't and I didn't hear anything.  Wink

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2015, 03:40:12 PM »

Its been 5 months since a gnr live movie came out (i know it came out last summer in the US)

And because nothing major except Axl recording vocals for the new album has happened since its one of the darkest periods of the bands career?

I think not. they are simply on a break.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2015, 03:51:01 PM »

This sure beats 2013 and 2014 with those pointless shows!
At least now we have.... Oh wait.

Ironic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2015, 04:25:39 PM »

Its been 5 months since a gnr live movie came out (i know it came out last summer in the US)

And because nothing major except Axl recording vocals for the new album has happened since its one of the darkest periods of the bands career?

I agree, it really hasn't been long since the band was last active.

People might feel a bit insecure about the status because of the Ron situation and the fact that pretty much all the members have other plans for the coming months. There probably isn't anything to be worried about, but a status update from the GN'R camp would have gone a long way to calm the fans down.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2015, 05:10:04 PM »

^^agree totally

It hasn't been long since we've seen Guns.

We have heard about Ron though and all the different plans for the guys.

We're not kids and we don't need babysitting.

But we know the band we love and can't help getting jittery!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2015, 05:11:06 PM »

The thing is now gs pretty obvious there is no plans for anything to happen any time soon

So either talk about it now or this time next year.    My feeling is we still won't have anything
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2015, 05:31:12 PM »

The thing is now gs pretty obvious there is no plans for anything to happen any time soon

So either talk about it now or this time next year.    My feeling is we still won't have anything

Well, we'll have to see.

I agree with others that said its unrealistic to expect anything now.  But if next year comes with no progress, 2015 starts to look bad in retrospect.

You just have to hope things are moving behind the scenes, as some like to believe.  We need to join them in that belief.  For now.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2015, 05:33:47 PM »

That would be fine if the band wasn't short a lead guitar player. It's kind of a problem IMO. Hard for the break to end until thats resolved.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2015, 05:34:52 PM »

One scenario would be that Ron leaving would have launched the break. Which would have lead to guns saying to Ron that dont announce that youre leaving the band, cause we are going for a hiatus and we would like to have you back when we come back, to which Ron agreed, or agreed to have time to think about it.

This would explain why Ron has made all these semi claims that he is not in Gnr anymore. And why all the members are active at the moment.

And hey, things looked pretty bad in April 2008. Robin had left, we had no clues on Chinese coming out. the leaks got out at summer time, if my memory is correct.

Its not all negative. It could be a longer break of course too.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2015, 05:37:14 PM »

One scenario would be that Ron leaving would have launched the break. Which would have lead to guns saying to Ron that dont announce that youre leaving the band, cause we are going for a hiatus and we would like to have you back when we come back, to which Ron agreed, or agreed to have time to think about it.

I would have to think if they wanted Ron back when that time came, they damn sure would not have wanted him to handle it like this. 

He's been self inflicted P.R. disaster.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2015, 05:51:40 PM »

If you're expecting tour dates during the time when several band members are out touring with their other bands, you're kinda expecting too much.

They managed to handle Tommy's Replacements gigs last year, but that was temporary.

One scenario would be that Ron leaving would have launched the break.

I don't buy that. It would mean he "runs" the band. I find that s bit hard to believe.... He's the guy who has openly complained about not being able to book solo tours because of GN'R. GN'R isn't a side project.

Regarding your theory that the door is open for his return, yeah, who knows? It's possible.
But if that was the plan, recent comments haven't exactly supported that theory. I mean, if you're told you're welcome back, why would you openly complain about that group of people?

It's almost like a school year ending and then on the last day you tell everybody how much they suck and how they can all go fuck themselves. Then you realize you're doing back in September to see the same people?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: