Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:59:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can we put the name issue to bed...the man's words
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can we put the name issue to bed...the man's words  (Read 33021 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 11:07:17 AM »

I think Corgan referred to the Pumpkins as a sort of traveling circus - a name that won't die and he won't let it... somewhat similar feeling here too

Not to get too defensive of Axl's position, but anyone who thinks that Slash and others wouldn't "get over" all of the bad blood in a second if Axl got them all together and announced he wanted to do an original 5 member Guns tour..is lost.
It's all about the name - it's all about the $

Not entirely sure I agree here.

Slash laid out specifically in his book why he left.  The reasons given have not changed. 

And money was not on that list.  It was about Axl's unprofessionalism at times, and all the inactivity.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 03:25:33 PM »

bullshit spin on Slash's part...him saying that is Axl's beef with him (as in he tries to manipulate the press). Push comes to shove, Slash would come back in a Flash. No Doubt.

"With Slash it?s been nothing more than pure strategy and saving face while manipulating the public like he used to me. I earned the right to protect my efforts and to be able to take advantage of our contract I?d worked hard for where Slash?s exact words were that he didn?t care."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:30:29 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 03:40:41 PM »

bullshit spin on Slash's part...him saying that is Axl's beef with him (as in he tries to manipulate the press). Push comes to shove, Slash would come back in a Flash. No Doubt.

"With Slash it?s been nothing more than pure strategy and saving face while manipulating the public like he used to me. I earned the right to protect my efforts and to be able to take advantage of our contract I?d worked hard for where Slash?s exact words were that he didn?t care."

So its your position that Slash is actually super cool with the late start times, disrespect to both the fans and the crew, and literal years of inactivity.

This is all "bullshit spin", as you see it?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 03:43:22 PM »

Nope....Slash is a money grubbing whore and would come back in a second for the big bucks.  hihi

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 03:44:30 PM »

Just calling it like I see it.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 03:47:05 PM »

and last I checked, that crew likely got paid well and knew what they were getting in to when they signed on. If you don't want a job, don't take it.....goes for the contract band members as well. Open and obvious my friend.  ok

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 03:47:17 PM »

It's just a matter of who you believe more.  You can't say it's bullshit spin on Slash's part and discount that maybe it's bullshit spin on Axl's part too.  Axl's words could be his revisionist history to paint himself as the victim and in the best possible light...just like what Slash is doing.

Everyone's trying to save face and deflect the blame.  People are (still) upset the old band disbanded, and everyone's story is spun so they're not at fault.

I don't think we'll ever get the truth...best case scenario (IMO) is that they agree to leave the past behind.  If they can't agree to do that, you can waive bye-bye to any thought of a reunion or future collaboration.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 03:49:22 PM »

tis true Ginger....but Ax hasn't shoved his face in front of every camera in the world spouting shit off daily for 20 years.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 04:15:21 PM »

I just don't see any evidence (or even a rationale) that Slash would come back and put up with all of Axl's drama...but so long as the check clears, he's good with it.

He could get that check right now.  And for the past however many years.  How can you say the money is the problem?

Face it, the problem is Axl.  I know we're supposed to look the other way on shit like that, but it seems pretty obvious in this particular case.

And none of this is me saying Axl has to change.  He's never going to change.  But that's also why there will never be a reunion.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »

tis true Ginger....but Ax hasn't shoved his face in front of every camera in the world spouting shit off daily for 20 years.

No, he hasn't.

He says nothing, then complain 5, 10, even 20 years later that he's unhappy with stuff being mis-reported.

It's not a great plan.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 04:37:31 PM »

No argument there...but staying silent all these years (or sporadically speaking, at best) while others constantly spread lies doesn't do much to dissuade what's being said. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 04:43:19 PM »

I just don't see any evidence (or even a rationale) that Slash would come back and put up with all of Axl's drama...but so long as the check clears, he's good with it.

He could get that check right now.  And for the past however many years.  How can you say the money is the problem?

Face it, the problem is Axl.  I know we're supposed to look the other way on shit like that, but it seems pretty obvious in this particular case.

And none of this is me saying Axl has to change.  He's never going to change.  But that's also why there will never be a reunion.
So Slash is the one holding up a reunion? I don't think that's anywhere close to the truth, but ok. Obviously Axl and Slash have differing views and work at a different pace. They're never going to see eye to eye on EVERYTHING, but I don't think that's a requirement. Slash could rejoin Guns and still have a side project to keep himself busy. And Axl's lateness isn't quite what it used to be. I think Slash's "problems" with Axl are a bit overblown, and he's basically saying that these days.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »

So Slash is the one holding up a reunion? I don't think that's anywhere close to the truth, but ok. Obviously Axl and Slash have differing views and work at a different pace. They're never going to see eye to eye on EVERYTHING, but I don't think that's a requirement. Slash could rejoin Guns and still have a side project to keep himself busy. And Axl's lateness isn't quite what it used to be. I think Slash's "problems" with Axl are a bit overblown, and he's basically saying that these days.

Only one?  Of course not.

But we're getting into chicken and egg territory here.  Is Axl the one that's the problem for things he won't change?  Or is Slash the problem for expecting a guy to change that isn't going to?  Dunno.  Depends how you want to phrase it, I suppose.

I just don't even consider it a "blame" situation.  I never bought into that "Team Axl" vs. "Team Slash" type deal.

Its just an unfortunate turn of events where no one wins.  Axl is playing clubs and Slash is opening for people.  Fans just make the best of it.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2015, 08:11:02 PM »

So I guess the answer to the topic of the thread is

No

These same people can not just let it go......
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2015, 08:14:04 PM »

Nope....Slash is a money grubbing whore and would come back in a second for the big bucks.  hihi

Unfortunately, facts don?t back up your claim.
They rather fly in it?s face.

Slash never ceased being an artist after real Guns? split.
He?s continued to write, record, release and tour in support of his ever growing catalogue.
His technical ability has improved as the years have gone on, and especially evident since he?s been sober.
So when you buy a ticket to see Slash today, you know you?re money isn?t going to somebody just resting on his laurels.
He continues to work on his craft, and he remains interested in being a creative artist.

He could have retired in ?96 and lived off of GN?R royalties, but instead has built multiple successful bands from the ground up, and also found success as a solo artist.

Axl on the other hand, if we consider him to be a creative artist, we are really just giving him the benefit of the doubt, and making assumptions.
No concrete, tangible evidence suggests he has been a creative artist since 2008.
He?s never stepped out from underneath the GN?R umbrella, which guarantees him a far greater pay day than an unknown and unproven entity.

He may have 2 albums tucked away somewhere, but we?ve been hearing those whispers for over a decade.
3 albums over the course of 2 decades still probably wouldn?t necessitate working at a feverish pace.

All we know for a fact about Axl in 2015 is that he was a performance artist up until 2014, and hasn?t released any tangible form of art since 2008.
Unless of course you really want to throw him a bone and give him credit for recording a live performance.

If Slash didn?t want to be in Guns when they were the biggest band in the world, why would he want to be in Guns in 2015?
The reasons he gave for leaving have not only not improved, but have actually intensified.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2015, 08:52:37 PM »

Pretty fair points.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2015, 10:42:02 PM »

I think Corgan referred to the Pumpkins as a sort of traveling circus - a name that won't die and he won't let it... somewhat similar feeling here too

Not to get too defensive of Axl's position, but anyone who thinks that Slash and others wouldn't "get over" all of the bad blood in a second if Axl got them all together and announced he wanted to do an original 5 member Guns tour..is lost.
It's all about the name - it's all about the $

Not entirely sure I agree here.

Slash laid out specifically in his book why he left.  The reasons given have not changed. 

And money was not on that list.  It was about Axl's unprofessionalism at times, and all the inactivity.

No..I get it
Not entirely what my point was either.
I'm not saying Slash is about the $
More or less saying that IF something were worked out, it would quickly be resolved, is all

I don't necessarily take either guy's position on the entire thing either..just sort of find it interesting to see/read/hear both perspectives still

mortismurphy
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2015, 12:20:39 AM »

I don't agree. Why did he not reunite with VR when it was offered to him on a plate a couple of years ago? VR made considerably more money than The Conspirators.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2015, 12:42:54 AM »

I don't agree. Why did he not reunite with VR when it was offered to him on a plate a couple of years ago? VR made considerably more money than The Conspirators.

Am I missing something here??

I thought the point of the original post was a one off type thing.

Seriously the name issue???   People actually want to get there thoughts out over this issue???  Over 20 years later..................

Stick it!!!!!!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2015, 01:16:29 AM »

I'm not sure how true that really is. The appeal of VR diminished greatly after their initial splash of success. Their second album was rather underwhelming. Was there really that much clamoring to reform the band from the masses? Plus, Slash is more of a partner in VR, whereas he's the obvious main draw in the Conspirators. Less expectations, pressure, etc. His situation with the Conspirators may actually be more profitable than another go with VR might have been all things considered.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: