Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:50:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 479617 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3600 on: November 05, 2019, 09:33:08 PM »

Bad night for Trump. Kentucky goes blue for governor, and both houses in Virginia go blue.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3601 on: November 09, 2019, 07:38:49 AM »

Bad night for Trump. Kentucky goes blue for governor, and both houses in Virginia go blue.

"He was down 15 points in the polls and I made it close".

No, no he wasn't.  He was UP 5 point in the most recent polls, and up 3 to 4 pts in the aggregate polls.  He was NEVER...not one time in the entire polling cycle for the race, "down 15 points".  In fact, there was only one cycle (back in July), where the Republican candidate was trailing the race.

I love how he just outright lies and his base totally eats the bullshit with a smile.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3602 on: November 09, 2019, 07:42:26 AM »

So, Trump may have violated his own settlement agreement for the lawsuit concerning his "charity".

In the agreement, Trump is supposed to admit to wrongdoing, pay the penalties (which the court AND the prosecutor wanted to actually go to charity.....charities THEY (not Trump) picked), and not run another charity organization (I assume "ever" because there is no duration in the parts of the agreement that have been publically released).

Trump, in his statement, specifically says there was NO wrongdoing (the "only technical violations" doesn't meet the standard put forth in the settlement, reportedly)...and leads people to believe the contribution to charities, and who those charities were, was up to him.  None of that is true....to the surprise of no one, I'm sure.

Prosecutors AND the judge on the case are considering overriding the settlement and making them come back to court.

They only asked for 2.8 million and got 2, since the judge, via forensic accounting anlysis, says about 800,000 ACTUALLY made its way to charity (less than 30% of the money raised).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 07:46:54 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3603 on: November 10, 2019, 12:03:39 AM »

No, no he wasn't.  He was UP 5 point in the most recent polls, and up 3 to 4 pts in the aggregate polls.  He was NEVER...not one time in the entire polling cycle for the race, "down 15 points".  In fact, there was only one cycle (back in July), where the Republican candidate was trailing the race.

I love how he just outright lies and his base totally eats the bullshit with a smile.

What's worse is his Trumpism candidates are no longer just losing urban areas. People in the burbs are turning on him and the Republican party in general. Look what happened in PA in the suburbs of Philly. Democrats are coming out in droves since the miderms. This off year election saw a large turnout in states like Kentucky, Virginia, Indiana and Pennsylvania.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3604 on: November 11, 2019, 11:38:20 AM »

What's worse is his Trumpism candidates are no longer just losing urban areas. People in the burbs are turning on him and the Republican party in general. Look what happened in PA in the suburbs of Philly. Democrats are coming out in droves since the miderms. This off year election saw a large turnout in states like Kentucky, Virginia, Indiana and Pennsylvania.

And just that like, today, it's 19 points. Trump says Bevin was down 19 points going into the Trump rally.

Bevin was up FIVE POINTS in a poll the day before Trump's rally.  The aggregate had him up 2 to 3 points in the week before the election.

Unreal.  Down 19 points?  And some repubs insist he doesn't lie nearly daily?   rofl

Together again,
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3605 on: November 11, 2019, 06:26:38 PM »

And some repubs insist he doesn't lie nearly daily?   rofl

And some democrats insist he isn't President nearly daily! lmao

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3606 on: November 12, 2019, 08:04:29 AM »

And some repubs insist he doesn't lie nearly daily?   rofl

And some democrats insist he isn't President nearly daily! lmao

Nobody in this thread.  So I'm not sure what your point is?

Oh, yeah I am. "Whataboutism".
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:05:25 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3607 on: November 17, 2019, 05:24:29 PM »

Amazing how conservatives who claim to believe in law and order can defend such a brazen THUG.

Attorney General Underwood who prosecuted the Trump Crime Family:

“For more than a decade, the Donald J. Trump Foundation has operated in persistent violation of state and federal law governing New York State charities. This pattern of illegal conduct by the Foundation and its board members includes improper and extensive political activity, repeated and willful self-dealing transactions, and failure to follow basic fiduciary obligations or to implement even elementary corporate formalities required by law.”

LOCK HIM UP. beer

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3608 on: November 17, 2019, 05:52:09 PM »

This is not a good take at all.  Some of you are famous for posting “links, graphs, what YOU think are facts, stats, etc that don’t prove anything.  I can go online right now and find an article stating how Obama did great with the economy.  I could also find an article talking about how well Trump has done with the economy.  I can find twisted stats backing it up for both.  I can find articles with stats and graphs showing how walls work, and how they don’t.  I can find an article with so called facts to pretty much argue any point.  So just because someone comes on here and posts a 500 word message with a bunch of info doesn’t mean anything.  So spare me the condescending posts.

... are you seriously arguing that facts and statistics don't matter because it's possible to go find biased arguments constructed out of them? Your problem is that you cannot refute the arguments built from them, and you know it. So you pound the table and try to muddy the water by suggesting statistics are subjective. How asinine. Roll Eyes

Obama did do well with the economy. The worst conservatives could say was "the growth rate wasn't high enough", and yet that exact same growth rate under Trump is now "record breaking!". Of course, the difference is that Obama actively passed legislation to affect the economy while Trump has done nothing but a tax giveaway to the rich.

Nobody here has disputed the GDP growth rate statistics, not even a nutjob like Sandman has. This is how adults converse; through agreed upon stats like GDP growth rates. I'm sorry that upsets you because you can't comprehend them well enough to engage in the conversation.

Stats can be twisted, but they can be untwisted by more statistical context. Stats are not the problem, the twisting of them is. What a pathetic attempt to dismiss statistical evidence. If you have proof those number are twisted PROVIDE IT. Until you do, those numbers stand and you have been discredited. Deal with it.

What I would like to know is why must you guys insult so much, and belittle?  That’s what I find an interesting trend.

Aww, does widdle snowflake need a safe space from the mean words? Ladies and gentlemen, the wussification of America in the flesh!

Gee, why would somebody trying to argue that facts and stats don't matter get ridiculed? Hmmm...  rofl

Some good news from Syria -

'He died like a dog' Donald Trump addresses the nation and confirms that 'coward' ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by U.S. Special Forces and died 'whimpering and crying and screaming' after being cornered inside his Syrian lair and detonated his suicide vest

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7618787/Trump-confirms-coward-ISIS-leader-Abu-Bakr-al-Baghdadi-killed.html

Posting every piece of data that is “strong” or in many cases, not awful, is short sighted. And it shows your bias.

Elections have consequences.

Look who's back with no response as usual! rofl

And further proving his hypocrisy as he ignores the mountain of awful evidence to gloat over the latest freshly plucked cherry.

It's short sighted. And it shows your bias.

But hey, enjoy the coming impeachment! Elections have consequences. ok

It is pretty hilarious you are calling out other people for bias, judging from the posts you make on this thread you probably are the most biased one here. Calling people un-american and saying they hate America just because they dont agree with you as an example.

I was trying to communicate with you conservatives in your native tongue! Trying to act like it's not the right wing's favorite tactic to scream "treason" is hilarious.  rofl

Supercut of Fox News saying Dems "Hate America":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82jlvwnhzUk

Do I link to sources like the Daily fucking Mail? No, it's pretty clear you are the biased ones. As I literally already pointed out in another post (why can't conservatives read?), my sources have been as non-left-biased as it gets:

• Forbes (right wing)
  • Wall Street Journal (right wing)
  • Bloomberg (centrist)
  • CNBC (centrist)
  • Barrons (right wing)

As always, your rightists just project your own bias and shut off your brain to sling accusations back like a child yelling "I'm rubber and you're glue!". It is pretty hilarious you are calling out other people for bias, judging from the posts you make on this thread you probably are the most biased one here...

Can't wait to see how the cowards run and dodge this time!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 05:56:18 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3609 on: November 17, 2019, 06:16:10 PM »

So it is more accurate to say "A DEMOCRAT wants to take away my assault weapons".

Just like it's more accurate to say "A REPUBLICAN wants to grab women by the pussy".

It's amazing that we have to spell out incredibly simple logic for them like this, as if they were children. Then again, it should be expected from somebody with the screen name "damn the haters".  rofl

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is 19 years old and drives a lifted truck covered in Monster Energy stickers. It's become quite clear that he lacks the mental capacity to understand your arguments.

You can show me all the stats, graphs, etc that you want.

Republicans don't care about facts, it's official!

Damnthehaters seen here:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 06:21:06 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3610 on: November 17, 2019, 06:31:19 PM »

I pine for the days of a true fiscally conservative party.  In CT, that's what you largely get for Repubs: Fiscal conservatives.  And I vote for them in droves.  Because they are not afraid of good policy to make their constituents lives better, and they're good at figuring out inventive ways to pay for it.  They also know the key to success, especially in CT, is working with the opposition, not demonizing them.

I have to disagree there, Stefanowski was a nut, he wanted to eliminate the income tax for fuck's sake. Lamont is the fiscally conservative business man, ironically.

You're including, in your national debt analysis (I think) things that were not on the budget, that Obama had to cover the costs for.  Most of them Bush initiatives (esp in the first 2 years) and the results of the Recession.  By the by, Obama brought that stuff back ON the books during his administration.  So, as good as things look for Obama..they'd look BETTER if Bush had actually added those items to the budget, instead of treating them like special (aka off the books) expenditures.

Interesting, I always learn something new from your posts! It never surprises me how Republicans game the system to their benefit, it only surprises me that the public at large never catches on, no matter how many times they do it or how brazenly.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 06:51:35 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3611 on: November 17, 2019, 08:45:19 PM »

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3612 on: November 18, 2019, 06:44:22 AM »

I have to disagree there, Stefanowski was a nut, he wanted to eliminate the income tax for fuck's sake. Lamont is the fiscally conservative business man, ironically.

Setefanowski was, to my memory (and in my district) the first "Trump-style" Repub I've had on our ticket in CT.  And he lost to a dem after Malloy (who was pretty unpopular dem governor) left office.  I suspect if the CT Repubs had offered up someone like Jodi Rell (or a less crooked version of Rowland, if such a thing exists), they might have actually won the governorship. 

And, in the legislature, look at the big fights between the parties.  They're over fiscal issues, like tolls.  Not social issues like marriage rights or even gun control (which passed here in a bipartisan way). 

As an aside: If they'd just fucking legalize weed, they wouldn't need to be arguing over tolls.

Interesting, I always learn something new from your posts! It never surprises me how Republicans game the system to their benefit, it only surprises me that the public at large never catches on, no matter how many times they do it or how brazenly.

Bush's late moves to stop the Recession bleeding, and about 70% the big military actions after 9/11 (Iraq and Afghanistan) were all off budget items. They were funded by emergency/supplemental spending, and never showed up in any of Bush's budget deficits.  In Obama's first budget, he added that spending back in.  Which is a big reason (along with the recession) why the budget defict "ballooned" early.  Much of that deficit was Bush approved spending that he swept under the rug.  Gaming the system, indeed!

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3613 on: November 18, 2019, 12:38:17 PM »

I suggest people cool with the insults. There's (still) no need for that....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3614 on: November 18, 2019, 12:42:27 PM »

So yeah..... Insults = not cool.

Discussion = cool.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #3615 on: December 12, 2019, 03:26:19 AM »

His emails to Breitbart include white nationalist websites, a “white genocide”-themed novel in which Indian men rape white women, xenophobic conspiracy theories and eugenics-era immigration laws that Adolf Hitler lauded in “Mein Kampf.”

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/12/stephen-millers-affinity-white-nationalism-revealed-leaked-emails

We now have a confirmed Neo Nazi in the White House.

Time to DRAIN THE SWAMP.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #3616 on: December 13, 2019, 12:14:44 PM »

I suggest people cool with the insults. There's (still) no need for that....

/jarmo

what a shocker. more insults. despite multiple warnings. i don't recall this happening when Obama was prez.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3617 on: December 13, 2019, 01:19:16 PM »

His emails to Breitbart include white nationalist websites, a “white genocide”-themed novel in which Indian men rape white women, xenophobic conspiracy theories and eugenics-era immigration laws that Adolf Hitler lauded in “Mein Kampf.”

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/12/stephen-millers-affinity-white-nationalism-revealed-leaked-emails

Time to DRAIN THE SWAMP.

CONFIRMED? I wouldn't bet the house on whatever the SPLC says regarding the latest person they've put a scarlet letter on

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3618 on: December 13, 2019, 01:21:30 PM »

Granted its an opinion piece, but the Washington Post deemed it worthy enough to publish this....

The Southern Poverty Law Center has lost all credibility

After years of smearing good people with false charges of bigotry, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has finally been held to account. A former Islamic radical named Maajid Nawaz sued the center for including him in its bogus “Field Guide to Anti-Muslim Extremists,” and this week the SPLC agreed to pay him a $3.375 million settlement and issued a public apology.

MORE - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-southern-poverty-law-center-has-lost-all-credibility/2018/06/21/22ab7d60-756d-11e8-9780-b1dd6a09b549_story.html

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #3619 on: December 15, 2019, 11:16:55 AM »

Time to DRAIN THE SWAMP.

CONFIRMED? I wouldn't bet the house on whatever the SPLC says regarding the latest person they've put a scarlet letter on

From what I've read, the emails they acquired have been independently, forensically ,analyzed and they have been shown to be legit.

So, we're not really taking SPLC's word for it, in this case.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: