Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:10:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228057 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 504168 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #400 on: September 13, 2016, 08:24:38 AM »

This is from David Axelrod's twitter account. Dems even see this is an issue for her, and its of her own doing.

David Axelrod Verified account
‏@davidaxelrod

Antibiotics can take care of pneumonia. What's the cure for an unhealthy penchant for privacy that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #401 on: September 14, 2016, 08:02:41 AM »

This is from David Axelrod's twitter account. Dems even see this is an issue for her, and its of her own doing.

‏@davidaxelrod

Antibiotics can take care of pneumonia. What's the cure for an unhealthy penchant for privacy that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems?

Oh, I totally agree on that front.  The "not telling" is WAY worse than the being sick thing.  Which was my point...it was stupid (and shortsighted) to worry more about the blowback of the illness, than to disclose it and deal with that vs this.

And not because it's a big deal.  But it's indicative of a larger pattern, and fits that narrative for the opposition.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #402 on: September 14, 2016, 08:18:11 AM »

‏@davidaxelrod

Oh, I totally agree on that front.  The "not telling" is WAY worse than the being sick thing.  Which was my point...it was stupid (and shortsighted) to worry more about the blowback of the illness, than to disclose it and deal with that vs this.

And not because it's a big deal.  But it's indicative of a larger pattern, and fits that narrative for the opposition.

I'm not sure who is advising her on this. Or maybe she's not taking advice she's getting. Agree, it isn't so much her being ill as we all get sick, and she's human. It  is the reinforcement of the narrative that shes too secretive, untrustworthy and dishonest. The cover up is always worse than the initial problem she could have put this behind her if she handled it differently early on. When shes not straightforward people speculate.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #403 on: September 14, 2016, 12:48:47 PM »

THIS (like some of the Clinton Foundation stuff..but, IMHO, actually worse) is WAY more concerning to me, in regards to Trump:

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/09/23/donald-trump-foreign-business-deals-national-security-498081.html

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #404 on: September 16, 2016, 07:12:14 AM »

Remember when Trump used to say dumb things that made no sense and only hurt him and had absolutely no benefit? Yeah, well here we go again...

Trump Won?t Say It Himself, But Campaign Insists He?s No Longer A Birther

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-birther-statement_us_57db5788e4b0071a6e066636

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:27:37 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2016, 09:37:52 AM »

Remember when Trump used to say dumb things that made no sense and only hurt him and had absolutely no benefit? Yeah, well here we go again...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-birther-statement_us_57db5788e4b0071a6e066636

Yesterday, Clinton might have had the best 24 hours she's had since the convention.

Trump, on the other hand faced renewed "birther" talk, questions about his company, questions about his charitable foundation, continued recitation of blatantly, factually, incorrect things (especially during his policy speech), making disparaging statements that display a stunning lack of understanding on hw the fed works, and both he and his daughter had relatively embarassing encounters on national TV (his Dr. Oz segment was terrible, she was corrected multiple times about Hillary having policy on her web site about family leave/maternity leave..which she fought against, until the host actually put them up on screen).

We'll see if it actually moves the needle.  I don't think much will until the first debate. He is going to live or die by that outcome.  If she makes him look stupid, or if he comes out of that with every media outlet spouting 100 different factual errors or him misunderstanding questions....he's in trouble.

On the birther thing...you know this is because his extreme egomania will NOT let him admit he's wrong, about ANYTHING.  That's one of my biggest issues with him: He seems incapable of changing his mine, admitting he is wrong, or (even when presented with absolute proof something is true) acknowledging a misunderstanding.  You can be massively entertaining on a reality show that way. You can't govern that way...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:40:08 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #406 on: September 16, 2016, 01:13:25 PM »

Yesterday, Clinton might have had the best 24 hours she's had since the convention.

Trump, on the other hand faced renewed "birther" talk, questions about his company, questions about his charitable foundation, continued recitation of blatantly, factually, incorrect things (especially during his policy speech), making disparaging statements that display a stunning lack of understanding on hw the fed works, and both he and his daughter had relatively embarassing encounters on national TV (his Dr. Oz segment was terrible, she was corrected multiple times about Hillary having policy on her web site about family leave/maternity leave..which she fought against, until the host actually put them up on screen).

We'll see if it actually moves the needle.  I don't think much will until the first debate. He is going to live or die by that outcome.  If she makes him look stupid, or if he comes out of that with every media outlet spouting 100 different factual errors or him misunderstanding questions....he's in trouble.

On the birther thing...you know this is because his extreme egomania will NOT let him admit he's wrong, about ANYTHING.  That's one of my biggest issues with him: He seems incapable of changing his mine, admitting he is wrong, or (even when presented with absolute proof something is true) acknowledging a misunderstanding.  You can be massively entertaining on a reality show that way. You can't govern that way...
I assume you are referring to the deleted segment of the Dr Oz show where he professes how much he loves kissing Ivanka. I want to know why he's getting such a pass for saying Incestual things about Ivanka, not to mention he's been accused of raping a woman when he was 13. As well as his ex wife and we're worried about Hillary's emails?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #407 on: September 16, 2016, 01:30:28 PM »

Hillarys emails aren't exactly a minor detail.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #408 on: September 16, 2016, 01:52:05 PM »

Neither is rape or incest.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #409 on: September 16, 2016, 07:46:20 PM »

I assume you are referring to the deleted segment of the Dr Oz show where he professes how much he loves kissing Ivanka. I want to know why he's getting such a pass for saying Incestual things about Ivanka, not to mention he's been accused of raping a woman when he was 13. As well as his ex wife and we're worried about Hillary's emails?

Yes, that.
But the whole segment, even the parts they aired, went rather awkwardly.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #410 on: September 16, 2016, 07:49:59 PM »

No, but...over the past 24 hours, nothing new (nor has it been brought up again) on that front.

The new "supeona that isnt really" is only getting play..land minor play at that....on fox news. Everyone else is ignoring it.

She has defintely "won" the past 24-48 hours.  The birther stuff, today,especially, paints Trump as an egomaniacal crackpot.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #411 on: September 16, 2016, 08:08:29 PM »

Yes, that.
But the whole segment, even the parts they aired, went rather awkwardly.
I didn't see it but i heard it was really bad.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #412 on: September 16, 2016, 08:41:23 PM »

No, but...over the past 24 hours, nothing new (nor has it been brought up again) on that front.

The new "supeona that isnt really" is only getting play..land minor play at that....on fox news. Everyone else is ignoring it.

She has defintely "won" the past 24-48 hours.  The birther stuff, today,especially, paints Trump as an egomaniacal crackpot.

Hillary stopped the bleeding because she is now walking around upright in public. So that was a win for her.

Not everyone will cover the subpoena story in the same way. Platte River deleted emails a couple weeks after a subpoena was issued for them.  I guess if you dont show up to a Congressional hearing  when they're looking for the answers on this or just plead the 5th you can get away with something like that. Nice justice system we have, were looking like a 3rd world country. I bet if you or I did something like that we would not get away with it.

I'm not a fan of the media which is far from fair and impartial in the era we live in. The press is supposed to report the facts and inform the public what happening, not interject their preference for candidate A over candidate B. Fox, CNN, and certainly MSNBC are all guilty of it.

Trump rick rolled the media on the birther thing,  couldn't happen to a better group of people who call themselves journalists.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #413 on: September 17, 2016, 05:13:34 PM »

Hillary stopped the bleeding because she is now walking around upright in public. So that was a win for her.

Not everyone will cover the subpoena story in the same way. Platte River deleted emails a couple weeks after a subpoena was issued for them.  I guess if you dont show up to a Congressional hearing  when they're looking for the answers on this or just plead the 5th you can get away with something like that. Nice justice system we have, were looking like a 3rd world country. I bet if you or I did something like that we would not get away with it.

I'm not a fan of the media which is far from fair and impartial in the era we live in. The press is supposed to report the facts and inform the public what happening, not interject their preference for candidate A over candidate B. Fox, CNN, and certainly MSNBC are all guilty of it.

Trump rick rolled the media on the birther thing,  couldn't happen to a better group of people who call themselves journalists.

Really? Because it looked more like Trump got rick rolled. Unless you are talking about the hotel thing....which wasnt so much a rick roll as it was the stupidest of poltical moves, ever.  All it did was make it appear the announcement was only made to serve his business interests....which, after this week, is sorta tone deaf.

He basically lied twice in his birther statement.....which sorta defeated its purpose, in the first place.

Clinton did not start the birther questions, nor did any member of her campaign. It looks like maybe a crackpot supporter did, but Clinton never avowed or mentioned it....and the only person loosely affliliated with her campaign who ever mentioned it...an unpaid intern in a personal tweet...got fired for it. If we are going to hold candidates accountable to all the things Their crackpot supporters think, say, and do......Trump has way more to answer for.

Trump did not "finish it".....Obama did the minute his long form birth certificate was released.....and not because Trump asked for it or verified it. The only thing trump finished was his perpetuating a long standing crackpot theory....and i hold up that any talk of his involvement with that theory hurts him.

At this point, if truthfulness and trustworthness are your #1 concern.....voting for either of these two candidates betrays that stance. Trump has proven, over and over, he will lie about the biggest, and smallest, of details simply to bolster his own ego.

And on the media front: i agree..lots of bias. But if you actually look at the subpoena thing..there's party driven smoke, but no apparent fire. I dont know what you cover, there, unless you do what fox is doing...which is draw salacious and spurrious conclusions that the facts dont actually hold up...or assert it means something (or could cause something) it can't/doesn't. And thats not opinion. It is procedural fact. To be sure, msnbc does similar things....but this cycle, trump seems to be doing it to himself, more than anything. He bitches when they (or ANYONE..."failing xxxxx lies about me and are terrible at their job and are stupid stupiheads") simply point fingers at his own stupidity...which means any time he might actually have a point about bias akn to the boy who cries wolf. Too much noise in the noise to signal ratio. 

And his whole unarmed protection for Hillary...more tone deafness. I get what he might have been trying to say, but given his earlier remarks...you cant say it that way. It sounds too much like another call to assassinate her. This is like what i said earlier: he needs to stay away from it like bills dick (i mean, its still apt...who knows where that thing has been).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 07:16:29 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #414 on: September 18, 2016, 11:10:44 AM »

Really? Because it looked more like Trump got rick rolled. Unless you are talking about the hotel thing....which wasnt so much a rick roll as it was the stupidest of poltical moves, ever.  All it did was make it appear the announcement was only made to serve his business interests....which, after this week, is sorta tone deaf.

He basically lied twice in his birther statement.....which sorta defeated its purpose, in the first place.

Clinton did not start the birther questions, nor did any member of her campaign. It looks like maybe a crackpot supporter did, but Clinton never avowed or mentioned it....and the only person loosely affliliated with her campaign who ever mentioned it...an unpaid intern in a personal tweet...got fired for it. If we are going to hold candidates accountable to all the things Their crackpot supporters think, say, and do......Trump has way more to answer for.

Trump did not "finish it".....Obama did the minute his long form birth certificate was released.....and not because Trump asked for it or verified it. The only thing trump finished was his perpetuating a long standing crackpot theory....and i hold up that any talk of his involvement with that theory hurts him.

At this point, if truthfulness and trustworthness are your #1 concern.....voting for either of these two candidates betrays that stance. Trump has proven, over and over, he will lie about the biggest, and smallest, of details simply to bolster his own ego.

And on the media front: i agree..lots of bias. But if you actually look at the subpoena thing..there's party driven smoke, but no apparent fire. I dont know what you cover, there, unless you do what fox is doing...which is draw salacious and spurrious conclusions that the facts dont actually hold up...or assert it means something (or could cause something) it can't/doesn't. And thats not opinion. It is procedural fact. To be sure, msnbc does similar things....but this cycle, trump seems to be doing it to himself, more than anything. He bitches when they (or ANYONE..."failing xxxxx lies about me and are terrible at their job and are stupid stupiheads") simply point fingers at his own stupidity...which means any time he might actually have a point about bias akn to the boy who cries wolf. Too much noise in the noise to signal ratio. 

And his whole unarmed protection for Hillary...more tone deafness. I get what he might have been trying to say, but given his earlier remarks...you cant say it that way. It sounds too much like another call to assassinate her. This is like what i said earlier: he needs to stay away from it like bills dick (i mean, its still apt...who knows where that thing has been).

Not sure how Trump got rick rolled. Press showed up to hear press conference on birther stuff and Trump promotes his new hotel and shows more support from generals and former military and gets national news coverage on it. Then says 2 sentences about Obama being born in the USA. Press pissed they had to sit thru that. No ones gonna be talking about the birther thing next week.

The unarmed protection for Hillary comment was once again Trump saying stupid shit again. But I dont see it as a call to assassinate her. Its a reference to 2nd amendment rights that can be twisted into something else, which the medial loves to do. For that reason Trump should keep that big mouth shut when it comes to that. Guess he didn't learn from the last time. Hes gaining on her in the polls, if he gets overconfident and cocky due to this which is the direction he seems to be going hes gonna go right back down again.

Very disappointing that Gary Johnson did not make the debates. If he did reach the 15% threshold, they would have raised the bar to 20%. Its a corrupt game supported by dems and the GOP. Think this pretty much took him off the table as an alternative with a legitimate chance, the uphill climb is now insurmountable.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #415 on: September 18, 2016, 10:48:07 PM »

There seems to be major lack of polls recently. The only one i have seen recently is the one Pilf says is a outlier poll. The latimes/usc poll.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #416 on: September 19, 2016, 06:25:26 AM »

There seems to be major lack of polls recently. The only one i have seen recently is the one Pilf says is a outlier poll. The latimes/usc poll.

The poll thats not a poll.

The methodology on that one means it's bunk.  They selected 3000 people, about a year ago, and ask THE SAME 3000 people each day who they are going to vote for.

That's not really a poll.  And the pollsters have even shared their methodology (and goals...which are really more of a pulse taking and demographic tracker) so people are clear in all this.  I'm not sure why it's even used in the averages....

It started at Trump +8 (they admittedly oversampled conservative voters..again, something they admit).

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #417 on: September 19, 2016, 07:03:15 AM »

Not sure how Trump got rick rolled. Press showed up to hear press conference on birther stuff and Trump promotes his new hotel and shows more support from generals and former military and gets national news coverage on it. Then says 2 sentences about Obama being born in the USA. Press pissed they had to sit thru that. No ones gonna be talking about the birther thing next week.

He didn't "get rick rolled".  He rick rolled himself:

a) He brought back to light the birther discussion, on a big stage, which is a sum total loser for him.  He simply perpetuated the conversation for a full weekends (and more today) news cycle.  It's a crackpot issue that he's now going to be associated with for ANOTHER batch of news cycles.  And if you think it's gone by the end of this week....you're forgetting there is a debate. Wink  It's almost sure to come up, especially in light of "b".

b) He replaced one lie with two more...which, again, just perpetuates the conversation even longer.  His surrogates spent the weekend having to defend 2 bald face factual inaccuracies (That Hillary and her campaign started the birther controversy and that he "finished it").  And it's getting talked about more this morning. The more people talk about this, the worse it is for him.  And the assertion that Trump has not supported this position "for some time", which came out over this weekend, is also a bald faced lie. Again, this is a loser issue for him.  Across the board.  And every time a member of the media has to correct one of the surrogates, factually, on multiple issues is a BAD optic for your campaign.

c) I think you're overstating what he got out of it vs what it cost him.  Yes, maybe the press is pissed and feels used. But first off, that sort of PT Barnum trick works only once, and now you've got the press covering it AS a trick, and essentially calling the entire event full of lies and misdirection.  Not the kind of thing, as a presidential candidate, you want your event labeled as.  I think the Washington post basically called it a shit burger? And secondly, pretty much everything that was presented, both in terms of endorsement and business product, now has the "stench" of this terribly orchestrated, terrible optic, crackpot issue associated with it.  It devalues all of it.

d) The national conversation of the previous week had largely been about Trumps potential conflict of interest with his business involvements, home and abroad should he become president.  See the article I posted, above.  So....he doubles down and uses his candidacy to advance his personal business holdings? I mean, that's Trump rick rolling Trump, right there.  THATS the guy basically doing exactly what people were proposing, and afraid, he will do as president.  That doesn't hurt the press, it's not just a PT Barnum-esque stunt, it's a tone deaf move that further props up the narrative that Trump is out to be president to help TRUMP.

The unarmed protection for Hillary comment was once again Trump saying stupid shit again. But I dont see it as a call to assassinate her. Its a reference to 2nd amendment rights that can be twisted into something else, which the medial loves to do. For that reason Trump should keep that big mouth shut when it comes to that. Guess he didn't learn from the last time. Hes gaining on her in the polls, if he gets overconfident and cocky due to this which is the direction he seems to be going hes gonna go right back down again.

The problem is two fold (and again, this is a loser issue for him amongst the actual voters he's courting...it might win with his base, but they're not voting for Clinton, anyway):

1) "We'll see what happens".  Adding that bit means the line can be interpreted more than one way.  I'm with you, I think he's talking about 2nd amendment stuff (and poorly, but more on that in a sec).  But given the way he's phrasing it, and the way he phrased it in the past....it's a bad look for him.  It CAN be interpreted as another call for violence.  The fact it CAN is all that matters....because once is a mistake.  Twice is idiocy....and goes toward being, in the BEST case, so inarticulate that he's a risk in the presidency.  Similar comments aimed at world leaders could, literally, start wars.  And that's if you interpret it in the BEST CASE for him. Given his verbal diahrea on twitter, and his often inflammatory language toward protesters at his events, and anyone he sees "attacking" him....there's certainly a history there to interpret it as a worst case, wink wink, call to action.  And THATS a larger problem for him, both as a candidate, and in terms of how people are going to interpret things he says.  He provides his own context, which doesn't do him any favors in cases like this.

2) Even if you interpret it the way you are....Trump displays a stunningly poor pool of knowledge on the topic.  Any 2nd amendment changes wouldn't effect law enforcement (including Secret Service).  So his anecdotal "what if" falls flat on that front, too.

But, on the issue itself: Hillary has posted a literal mountain of position papers (something Trump and his surrogates ridicule her for because...I mean...who really wants to know what they're voting for, right? Or wants to be able to hold a candidate accountable down the road?).  Her sum total position on all things 2nd amendment is increased background checks with a mental health provision (and no....not a mental health assessment, just a "past history" check).  She has not ever, ever, ever said ANYTHING (and, in fact, has said exactly the opposite when asked about the topic) about "taking your guns away". In fact, she has fought with some of the more leftist members of her own party on this issue.  This is another lie by Trump, and it's being covered that way.  The more he talks about this, the more the lie gets pointed out.

So now you have a guy making a second stupid statement that can be taken (whether he means it that way or not) as a call to harm her over an issue that, every time he brings it up, he gets labeled a liar on.

Were I his campaign manager, I'd tell him to STFU on it.  It might fire up the rallies (which, honestly, seems to be what Trump is about more than anything...he's an applause whore), but it's KILLING him with the indie and undecided voters.  His base is going to vote for him, and not Hillary, anyway. Fill that 90 seconds with something else in the stump.

Very disappointing that Gary Johnson did not make the debates. If he did reach the 15% threshold, they would have raised the bar to 20%. Its a corrupt game supported by dems and the GOP. Think this pretty much took him off the table as an alternative with a legitimate chance, the uphill climb is now insurmountable.

Aleppo killed him. Since that mistake, his numbers have dropped about 30% (net 3%).  So while he was at the door, around 12%, until then...right after he's dropped to about 9%.

They couldn't have raised the bar this cycle.  Not possible. It's baked in.

I'm still planning on voting for Cthulhu or Godzilla, unless Trump gets within 5 points in CT.  Right now, Clinton is up 15, so I'm pretty sure I won't have to hold my nose when pulling the lever.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:33:13 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #418 on: September 19, 2016, 11:16:24 AM »

Could someone please sum up this whole Clinton email scandal thingy for me please.   From the outside looking in, it doesn't seem to be such a big deal.

I would be more worried about her past personal life, with Bill.   Do they have an open marriage?  If not why is she still with him after years of adultery.  Are they swingers?  I have heard a couple of these haha
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #419 on: September 19, 2016, 11:44:12 AM »

The poll thats not a poll.

The methodology on that one means it's bunk.  They selected 3000 people, about a year ago, and ask THE SAME 3000 people each day who they are going to vote for.

That's not really a poll.  And the pollsters have even shared their methodology (and goals...which are really more of a pulse taking and demographic tracker) so people are clear in all this.  I'm not sure why it's even used in the averages....

It started at Trump +8 (they admittedly oversampled conservative voters..again, something they admit).
And that's the only one polling as of late. I'm not sure why. None of the more reputable ones have released anything in a week.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: