Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482436 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2015, 08:17:25 PM »

Trump speaks as if he's a blowhard sitting next to you at a bar. I give him credit for not holding back his feelings and thoughts, no matter how scary, but outside of destroying a political system in this country that needs destroying.....he would be a complete disaster.
I'm interested in seeing a true conservative take the reigns for the next 4 years, but the possible candidates in that regard are awful.

None of them are electable imo.

Completely agree
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »

Trump speaks as if he's a blowhard sitting next to you at a bar. I give him credit for not holding back his feelings and thoughts, no matter how scary, but outside of destroying a political system in this country that needs destroying.....he would be a complete disaster.
I'm interested in seeing a true conservative take the reigns for the next 4 years, but the possible candidates in that regard are awful.

None of them are electable imo.

Completely agree
I've watched every debate so far on both sides and the GOP ones are like a horrible train wreck you can't look away from.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2015, 04:23:57 PM »

The system needs to be blown up. And if he doesn't pander to lobbyists and ideologies, Trump would be a solid president.

Hillary needs to find a spine and the other Repub candidates are just more of the same old garbage. Change is needed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:27:11 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2015, 08:11:28 AM »

The system needs to be blown up. And if he doesn't pander to lobbyists and ideologies, Trump would be a solid president.

Hillary needs to find a spine and the other Repub candidates are just more of the same old garbage. Change is needed.

Hilary needs to lose just to finally exclude her from this

If Trump ever did win (he won't) the first year would probably wreck the system as we know it..but his act would grow so tired even a R led congress would turn on him and prevent him from governing. You have to show reason and common sense at times and he has already thrown that away to bag the angry vote
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2015, 11:38:11 AM »

Hilary needs to lose just to finally exclude her from this

If Trump ever did win (he won't) the first year would probably wreck the system as we know it..but his act would grow so tired even a R led congress would turn on him and prevent him from governing. You have to show reason and common sense at times and he has already thrown that away to bag the angry vote

The only tired act is the act of Congress. The house just destroyed any credibility by passing that junk the other day. The system needs to be fixed. It is way too corrupt on both sides. Its truly a 1 party system.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2016, 08:22:54 PM »

I am liking Trump more as this race moves forward. Have my reservations about him, but the way the economy is going I think the stock market is going to fall soon and cause some hard times. Trump knows a thing or 2 about economics. Just hope he doesn't get us in another bullshit war though.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2016, 06:10:56 PM »

All the candidates on the right want to get us involved somewhere with soldiers on the ground, whether it be back in Iraq, Syria or Iran.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »

Trump was against Iraq way back when. Just so you know.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2016, 04:20:21 PM »

And he's changed his position on just about everything since then.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2016, 01:18:00 AM »

Trump has been cracking me up for months. Its like he keeps upping the ante with all the stupid shit he does or says just to see how far he can take it and continue his massive media exposure tour. Lost a TV show, but damn has his personal brand grown big time. The Palin endorsement put it over the top for me. He's just standing there looking like he is laughing his ass off on the inside while she just rambles on and on and on. Maybe I give him too much credit, but I feel like he knows exactly what he is doing, will be out of the race come march and soon have his own cable tv or internet tv "news" show and following, maybe radio too.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »

I don't like Trump and Hilary Clinton. Bernie Sanders should be the next president.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »

Trump has been cracking me up for months. Its like he keeps upping the ante with all the stupid shit he does or says just to see how far he can take it and continue his massive media exposure tour. Lost a TV show, but damn has his personal brand grown big time. The Palin endorsement put it over the top for me. He's just standing there looking like he is laughing his ass off on the inside while she just rambles on and on and on. Maybe I give him too much credit, but I feel like he knows exactly what he is doing, will be out of the race come march and soon have his own cable tv or internet tv "news" show and following, maybe radio too.
The look on his face during that was priceless. He was probably thinking wtf did i get myself into letting this lunatic speak at my rally. I should've called McCain for advice before inviting her.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2016, 04:14:36 PM »

I don't like Trump and Hilary Clinton. Bernie Sanders should be the next president.
I agree completely, Sanders all the way for me. If it comes down to Hillary and Trump the nominees i will still vote for Hillary though to keep that racist, facist, sexist islamaphobic nutjob out of the white house though. I did miss him at the last GOP debate though, if nothing else he's entertaining.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2016, 07:59:29 PM »

The look on his face during that was priceless. He was probably thinking wtf did i get myself into letting this lunatic speak at my rally. I should've called McCain for advice before inviting her.

Palin is like that toy you accidentally kick as you're walking around the house at night..and 10 min later when you're back in bed asleep..you still hear it talking...and you want to find the nearest hammer
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2016, 12:15:39 AM »

Palin is like that toy you accidentally kick as you're walking around the house at night..and 10 min later when you're back in bed asleep..you still hear it talking...and you want to find the nearest hammer

LOL exactly!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2016, 06:35:02 AM »

I was on McCain's train until he shoved this cackling idiot into our universe. Trump made a big blunder here (among others) as he thought this would give him
Iowa. Then the debate skip, his ego - he screwed himself. There is nothing appealing about the thought of Cruz as the nominee. He will get wiped off the floor in a general election by either candidate on the left.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2016, 04:19:12 PM »

See, I disagree with that notion. I think he knew exactly what he was doing. I don't think he wants to be President at all, I don't think he is taking this campaign seriously outside of his own personal brand marketing. He lost his tv show The Apprentice, and is getting himself out there through extensive media coverage. I really think he is going to parlay this massive media tour into his own political tv show/internet site/radio or pod cost thing. I don't think it matters to him rather he gets nominated. And I don't think he is legitimately going for it, he is just playing to a certain audience, the hard core political wackos of the far right. And, too me, he proves that by continuing to say the most outlandish things the second the media drifts from him. Bringing Palin out, feuding with Fox News, is all about making sure the coverage stays on him.

Like I said though, maybe I give him too much credit.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2016, 06:24:53 PM »

See, I disagree with that notion. I think he knew exactly what he was doing. I don't think he wants to be President at all, I don't think he is taking this campaign seriously outside of his own personal brand marketing. He lost his tv show The Apprentice, and is getting himself out there through extensive media coverage. I really think he is going to parlay this massive media tour into his own political tv show/internet site/radio or pod cost thing. I don't think it matters to him rather he gets nominated. And I don't think he is legitimately going for it, he is just playing to a certain audience, the hard core political wackos of the far right. And, too me, he proves that by continuing to say the most outlandish things the second the media drifts from him. Bringing Palin out, feuding with Fox News, is all about making sure the coverage stays on him.

Like I said though, maybe I give him too much credit.
I'm not so sure about that. I think he's in it to win it. Will he? I don't think so. I think it will be Cruz who isn't any better. I think this feud with Megyn Kelly has cost him big time and skipping the Iowa debate. He's coming off as an immature 2 year old on a playground who throws a temper tantrum because the little girl is being mean to him.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »

Cruz is going for it but he's too far right. Rubio seems to be the one positioning himself best for the national election. He's kind of stayed out of the fray of these guys, doesn't pay much attention to them, you don't hear about him all the time and meanwhile he's collecting large amounts of money and hasn't made too many far right comments that will really hurt him in the general. Reminds me of Romney in 2012 with that weird cast of characters running for President. Romney was just kind of there in the beginning pretty much ignoring the far right whack jobs, while everybody else was leading really early polling and once actual voting started he won the primaries. I think similar things happen for Rubio. We'll know within the next month who will be the republican nominee. It'll be done by super Tuesday.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2016, 07:51:22 PM »

Cruz is going for it but he's too far right. Rubio seems to be the one positioning himself best for the national election. He's kind of stayed out of the fray of these guys, doesn't pay much attention to them, you don't hear about him all the time and meanwhile he's collecting large amounts of money and hasn't made too many far right comments that will really hurt him in the general. Reminds me of Romney in 2012 with that weird cast of characters running for President. Romney was just kind of there in the beginning pretty much ignoring the far right whack jobs, while everybody else was leading really early polling and once actual voting started he won the primaries. I think similar things happen for Rubio. We'll know within the next month who will be the republican nominee. It'll be done by super Tuesday.
I could see it being Rubio too. You have a point there i think. We already saw evidence of that with the Iowa Caucus. Everyone loved Trump in the polls. When it came time to actually vote. Not so much. I'm very interested to see how New Hampshire turns out. It has a history of making or breaking contenders. Today's polls show Trump and Sanders with big leads. But will in translate the same when the votes are cast? I don't know. The Iowa polls showed Sanders and Trump in the lead the day before and both lost.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: