Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:36:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's your viewpoint on a reunion?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's your viewpoint on a reunion?  (Read 122164 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2015, 07:02:55 PM »

There are not bigger fish to fry for me. I saw the old band in all it's wasted glory...7 times. I'll stick with those memories instead of a Monumental Cash Grab. I would go for sure but I hold no illusions that it would be near as good as back in the day. Such is life.

It would be better that what we have now and have had lately though.

But its still a crazy longshot.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2015, 08:11:37 PM »

Any GNR activity at all would be better than what seems to be going on lately which is nothing, lol.  It's been quiet... a little too quiet with the exception of DJ leaving which was really discouraging.  All we need is just a little patience.

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2015, 08:29:14 PM »

I really dont want to sound like Jarmo or emily here...

but honestly... at the moment.. we have developments around the gnr camp... and after what's happened this week, im prepared to believe Fernandos 1-3 month thing about hopefully having something to tell us.

Axl and Slash didnt make up yesterday.. according to Marc Canter there is enough dots to join if you look closely. Which is encouraging and i tend to agree with him. I am prepared to shut up for now and wait out the period that Fernando asked for... and see what happens. Because for once i actually have a good feeling that we might actually see a semi reunion of some sorts...

If things are still like this after christmas and nothing has changed... or been announced and we have dead silence.. then i think there will be more than a reason to jump back on them about this.

Just my opinion.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2015, 02:48:11 AM »

I don't see GNR moving forward, growing up as a band, exploring new musical paths, with Steven Adler and Slash. No offenses, but I cant find anything in their recent pasts to say ''yeah, these guys will move GNR to the next level'', come on, Adler has been playing AFD with tribute bands in the last 15 years and Slash didn't create any decent music since two or three songs in 2004, with Contraband (these 2 or 3 songs, heavily influenced by Weiland, the real mind in that band)

I want to hear everything GNR has made in the C.D. era that we haven't heard yet. I want the band to keep surprising us with every new song, to feel the exact same strange but amazing thing I felt the first time I've heard Shackler's or TWAT.

I want crazy/wacky solos like Riad's, monster instrumental things like the 2nd part of TWAT, I want to keep saying ''what the fuck is this'' with a smile on my face, like when I discovered Scraped or If The World, I want to be able to say again ''this doesn't sound like the GNR I used to know but it's amazing'' like I did after the first time I've heard ''Prostitute''. I think this all will be ruined if Axl chooses the nostalgic path, but there are enough prooves to be absolutely sure the reunion of the AFD lineup will never happen, because Axl was pretty determinant about that. Many times. In drastic ways. Don't know why we're choosing to ignore these episodes. In a way, ignoring these events and believing Axl is going to musically reunite with Slash is a underestimating him.

It scares the hell out of me just to imagine my favourite band trying to repeat old formulas just to put 10.000 extra people on a venue.

As for the human relationship, I honestly don't care. If they are truly friends again (something I highly doubt), fine. But I will keep sleeping at night if they are not.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 02:50:37 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 03:16:07 AM »

It scares the hell out of me just to imagine my favourite band trying to repeat old formulas just to put 10.000 extra people on a venue.

Do you think that would be the only reason these guys would ever get together?

To be honest, I don't think a full reunion is coming, ever, but who knows about Slash and Duff... GN'R needs guitarists and I don't think Tommy is going to hang in for much longer either. But that's just me and what I think, because nobody outside the GN'R camp knows shit about the actual situation. I'm just excited about Richard saying that the next year is going to be awesome, and with all the "extra buzz" going on I can honestly say that these are some interesting times we're living...

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2015, 04:00:57 AM »

Anyone has a link to canters post?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 07:29:42 AM »

Axl
Slash
Duff
Izzy
Steven & Matt
Dizzy
and maybe Frank if they want to go with 3 guitars players.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2015, 07:37:51 AM »

Will Frank be playing rhythm guitar or second lead?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2015, 07:59:53 AM »

Will Frank be playing rhythm guitar or second lead?

Lol

the most sick fan in the middle east
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2015, 08:45:01 AM »

This is all wildly speculative and silly since absolutely nothing Slash said implies him Axl could ever possibly work together ...

But.. I will play along..

The only guy in the band presently...who is even left anyway?  Huh Who I could see staying on is Richard.. because Izzy would most likely not want to do this thing on a permanent basis.

Debating Duff and Tommy in a reunion scenario... Are some of you off your medicine? lol

Again..IMO.. this is nothing more than Slash basically saying well we don't sue each other anymore over rights and royalties.. that's all it is most likely.

These people on other sights who swear they knew this 2 years ago because Slash wished Axl a happy birthday and Del James posted a picture of Slash...really come off as borderline insane. Maybe it's true that they have chatted...but those things don't prove anything.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2015, 08:59:41 AM »

At least they're not sculpting mashed potatoes to find clues. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2015, 09:32:20 AM »

I don't see GNR moving forward, growing up as a band, exploring new musical paths, with Steven Adler and Slash. No offenses, but I cant find anything in their recent pasts to say ''yeah, these guys will move GNR to the next level'', come on, Adler has been playing AFD with tribute bands in the last 15 years and Slash didn't create any decent music since two or three songs in 2004, with Contraband (these 2 or 3 songs, heavily influenced by Weiland, the real mind in that band).

I think its a hard sell to convince people Axl has really been moving forward on his own though.

Its not like there would be this booming NuGNR business he's have to shutter, if he did this.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »

If GNR had released those 3 CDS we thought we were going to get years go?.. then I would say no to a reunion. I would want to listen to more.

But one album ! Just one ! and then nothing for years?

It makes me think that a reunion wouldn't be so bad? if they write new music that is, because Im not that interested in watching live videos anymore. I have enough of those.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2015, 03:36:24 PM »

If GNR had released those 3 CDS we thought we were going to get years go?.. then I would say no to a reunion. I would want to listen to more.

But one album ! Just one ! and then nothing for years?

It makes me think that a reunion wouldn't be so bad? if they write new music that is, because Im not that interested in watching live videos anymore. I have enough of those.

I think a lot of people have this stance.

Increased desire for a reunion is fueled in no small part by the total lack of output from the new band.  You could even argue the total lack of Axl's interest in the new band.

Had he released several albums, and ones he appeared to give 2 shits about, people would be more inclined to have him stick with what he's been doing.  They would be invested in the new band and their work.

But when you do next to nothing, don't seem to care when you do...people are going to ask what we're really holding onto here?  Where is the sacrifice he'd have to make for a reunion tour?  he couldn't play the 5 or so 'Chinese Democracy' songs that make their way into setlists these days?

We'd survive.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2015, 03:44:40 PM »

Am I the only one who in some ways feels a reunion would cause fan tension? Ticket prices through the roof. Fans who've been MIA for over 20 years inundating social media. I think most of us feel like this is our band now and thT could be taken away.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2015, 03:47:10 PM »

Am I the only one who in some ways feels a reunion would cause fan tension? Ticket prices through the roof. Fans who've been MIA for over 20 years inundating social media. I think most of us feel like this is our band now and thT could be taken away.

Not even a little bit.

The reaction amongst the fanbase would be akin to finding a kidnapped child.  Everyone would be giddy.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2015, 06:59:06 PM »

I think some will still find a reason to complain, regardless of what happens.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2015, 07:06:49 PM »

Especially if they play Las Vegas again!!  Hahaha some people here really have it out for that city. Reunion or not

I can just hear it now

Not Las Vegas!   Not this same old set list! 

Hahaha some people are just total stiffs
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2015, 07:12:28 PM »

Especially if they play Las Vegas again!!  Hahaha some people here really have it out for that city. Reunion or not

I can just hear it now

I thoroughly enjoyed both residencies, wasn't that mortis that had the Vegas allergy?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2015, 07:17:43 PM »

I can just hear it now

I thoroughly enjoyed both residencies, wasn't that mortis that had the Vegas allergy?

I enjoyed them as well

They guys name who always complained about it escapes me....

However I hope we are lucky enough to have another one of his 6 year exiles from this website
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: