Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:37:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy: I Had To Walk Away And Take Care Of My Stuff, Hopes Axl/Slash Mend Fences
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy: I Had To Walk Away And Take Care Of My Stuff, Hopes Axl/Slash Mend Fences  (Read 37949 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: September 15, 2015, 01:30:54 PM »

Tommy was interview by 89.3 The Current.  Here's roughly some of what he had to say...

September 13th, 2015

What's up with GN'R? You've been in Guns N' Roses for what 15 years?

Tommy Stinson:  17 years. Ya know, I, the back story on that I don't really want to talk about on air. What happened with it, it has nothing to do with Axl or any of that stuff. It had more to do with my personal situation. Basically, I played my last gig in Las Vegas with them and had to come home and tend to that the best I could. While Replacement's things were kinda being offered up. And, I you know, I sort of, I don't know. I think that my guess is...that at some point someone is going to call me and tell me what's up with that. Cause we've all left, we've left on friendly terms it not like a bad thing. Another guitar player DJ Ashba I think he "officially" quit  to do something but ya know I just, ya know, I had to walk away and take care of my stuff so. Taking care of my stuff, whatever my stuff is.

17 years later, boom. It was a very good gig for me I nothing bad to say.

I know there's been speculation going on in the press the last few day that Axl and Slash may be trying to mend fences.

Tommy Stinson: I'll be perfectly honest with you man, I hope they do because ya know, when you go back to where you started from and just check that out, and feel that for a moment after you've gone on and done all these other things ya know. There is a reward that comes with that I had that with the Mats stuff...it's a good thing, it's a good thing to do once in a while. And I hope it works out for them. If that actually happens.

Full audio of interview here @31:00: http://www.thecurrent.org/feature/2015/09/13/tommy-stinson-performs-in-the-current-studios

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 01:32:55 PM »

Alrighty then.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Princess Leia
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 01:44:18 PM »

Ok Tommy good luck taking care of your stuff. I?ll take care of my stuff and Axl and Slash will take care of their stuff, whatever their stuff is

smoking
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 01:52:22 PM »

Ok Tommy good luck taking care of your stuff. I?ll take care of my stuff and Axl and Slash will take care of their stuff, whatever their stuff is

smoking

So he's not out.  He just walked away...
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 01:53:43 PM »

Amazing that Tommy was in the band for 17 years.  While I have always supported a reunion of the AFD band, I think Tommy deserves a ton of respect for arguably being the one to keep GNR an active band over the years.  I haven't always liked what the new GNR has produced live and in the studio, but without him I am not sure we would have gotten any of it.  Its nice being able to judge anything at all as a fan.  Good luck Tommy, for real!  
Princess Leia
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 02:05:39 PM »

smoking

So he's not out.  He just walked away...

Yeah but don?t worry. Some people are gonna try to spin it somehow  Roll Eyes

P.S. Jarmo I do not mean you.  peace
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 02:07:02 PM »

I think Sky Dog is crying.  Cry

well maybe not but he gave everything he had to Axl and hope one day the rest of the music he wrote and recorded with Gnr comes out....all of it. He fucking deserves it.  peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 02:21:20 PM »

Shit.

I hope to see him coming back at some point.

In a other hand im really diggin' his solo stuff (and always have). Just like Perfect and The Replacements. So im looking foward for the new Single.

First of all, lets take care of our stuff.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:23:01 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 02:39:56 PM »

Hmm.  Well, be it a new album or a reunion, whatever management and Axl are cooking up behind the scenes is certainly top secret. 

Edit: Though I don't get why Tommy would be left completely in the dark if there was just a new album coming.  Since, you know, he's on it...

This camp  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:47:14 PM by sofine11 » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 02:54:47 PM »

I hope someone is gonna call Tommy and tell whats up, when its time.

I wish him all the best.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 03:01:58 PM »

I wish him all the best.

You would hope that after 17 years of loyalty, that someone in TB would muster up the strength to pick up the phone to let him know what's happening next, reunion or otherwise.  You would hope.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 03:07:38 PM »

I wish him all the best.

You would hope that after 17 years of loyalty, that someone in TB would muster up the strength to pick up the phone to let him know what's happening next, reunion or otherwise.  You would hope.
What we know is that Tommy said after vegas that he needs some time off.

My guesses are

1. Things are moving, someone will call him when they need him. To see is he in or out.
2. The band is still on hiatus.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 03:09:39 PM »

My guesses are.   

There is no active guns n roses right now

Tommy is unofficially out of any plans for future guns work
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »

Do we know that...anything...is going on behind the scenes?  Last we heard from Fernando was that there was "news" coming within the next few months, whatever that means.  Huh
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 03:36:17 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Bassist TOMMY STINSON Hopes AXL ROSE Reunites Band's Classic Lineup

September 15, 2015

Longtime GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson, who has been with the band since 1998, has told The Current that he doesn't know the Axl Rose-fronted group's status at the moment.

Stinson, a founding member of the seminal Minneapolis-based rock group THE REPLACEMENTS, last played with GUNS N' ROSES at an April 2014 show in Las Vegas. "The back story on that, I don't really want to talk about on air. 'Cause what happened with it, it has nothing to do with Axl or any of that stuff; it had more to do with my personal situation," he said. "Basically, I played my last gig in Las Vegas with them and had to come home and tend to that the best I could while REPLACEMENTS [reunion shows] were kinda being offered up. And I, you know, I sort of? I don't know. I think that? My guess is...that, at some point, someone's gonna call me and tell me what's up with that. 'Cause we all left? We've left on friendly terms? it wasn't like a bad thing. But another guitar player, DJ Ashba, I think he 'officially' quit to do something but, you know, I just? I had to walk away and take care of my stuff so. Taking care of my stuff; whatever my stuff is."

Recent rumors are pointing to a possible reunion of GUNS N' ROSES' classic 1987 lineup, which would mean Duff McKagan taking over bass duties, along with Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin and Slash rejoining the ranks. The rumors are centered around Slash's recent revelation that he and Rose had repaired their estranged relationship after nearly 20 years,

Asked about the reports of a possible classic GN'R reunion, Stinson told The Current: "I'll be perfectly honest with you, man. I hope they do because, you know, when you go back to where you started from and just check that out, and feel that for a moment after you've gone on and done all these other things, you know, there's a reward that comes with that, and I had that with the 'MATS [short for PLACEMATS, which itself is a nickname for THE REPLACEMENTS] stuff... It's a good thing; it's a good thing to do once in a while. And I hope it works out for 'em ? if it actually happens."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-bassist-tommy-stinson-hopes-axl-roses-reunites-bands-classic-lineup/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 03:55:11 PM »

whadafuck is going on with this band  Undecided

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 03:58:24 PM »

whadafuck is going on with this band  Undecided

Seriously.  Is anyone even at the wheel?

Bueller??...Bueller??....
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:16:57 PM by sofine11 » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 04:34:07 PM »

So....to those doubting the phrasing the first time...does this move you closer to the "he is out" side? Or not? I'm honestly curious...not trying to push one way or the other.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 04:40:16 PM »

So....to those doubting the phrasing the first time...does this move you closer to the "he is out" side? Or not? I'm honestly curious...not trying to push one way or the other.

To me, it sounds like he's out, but he's just not closing the door to the possibility of coming back, should TB figure out how to use a phone. 
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 04:47:35 PM »

I read this as he's definitely out. And to me that really pushes towards a reunion.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: