Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 93052 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« on: October 13, 2015, 02:00:33 PM »

I think it's fair to say that the current state of 'GNR' is the most up in the air it's been since the 2003-2005 hiatus.  Last we heard from Axl, once last year's touring wrapped up, the focus was going to shift over to getting the rest of the "Chinese Democracy Era" music out.  The only evidence we have that this may or may not be the case, was a tweeted pic from the studio from nearly a year ago. Since then...nothing. Not a word from Axl or management about the next record.

Richard and Frank went from claiming 2016 was going to be a big year, to not having any clue what's going on with Guns N' Roses. 

Last we heard from Fernando, some GNR news was on the horizon.  Could this announcement be for the much anticipated follow up to Chinese Democracy? 

I'm of the mind that these reunion rumors are, like it or not, exactly that.  However, I still am not convinced we're any closer to hearing the next album than we were at this time last year...or the year before.

Does anyone really think Axl still has a vested interest in putting this out?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 02:31:24 PM »

However, I still am not convinced we're any closer to hearing the next album than we were at this time last year...or the year before.

How's that possible? Every day we're getting closer.
We just don't know the date..... But we're getting closer. Day by day.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »

I think it's fair to say that the current state of 'GNR' is the most up in the air it's been since the 2003-2005 hiatus.  Last we heard from Axl, once last year's touring wrapped up, the focus was going to shift over to getting the rest of the "Chinese Democracy Era" music out.  The only evidence we have that this may or may not be the case, was a tweeted pic from the studio from nearly a year ago. Since then...nothing. Not a word from Axl or management about the next record.

Richard and Frank went from claiming 2016 was going to be a big year, to not having any clue what's going on with Guns N' Roses. 

Last we heard from Fernando, some GNR news was on the horizon.  Could this announcement be for the much anticipated follow up to Chinese Democracy? 

I'm of the mind that these reunion rumors are, like it or not, exactly that.  However, I still am not convinced we're any closer to hearing the next album than we were at this time last year...or the year before.

Does anyone really think Axl still has a vested interest in putting this out?

Brace yourself for a slew of (outdated) quotes from Axl about how he didn't work this hard to keep it all locked up, how long it takes to mix and master songs, and how all the other outside forces are what's really keeping it from being released.

Ugh, I struggle answering this.  I like to think that these songs will come out (still waiting patiently for Fernando's news) but I just don't know anymore.  I am no music industry insider, but my guess is that the hardest part of releasing music is creating the music, the lyrics, melodies, solos, etc.  Here, that part has been done for a while, and the second half of CD and the remix album are already recorded.  

So what, then, is holding it up?  With each passing week/month/year, IMO, it's becoming more clear that his interest in releasing it is waning.  But, instead of an official announcement, there will just be silence in case things change.  
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 02:40:45 PM »

However, I still am not convinced we're any closer to hearing the next album than we were at this time last year...or the year before.

/jarmo

Sure, if it's actually coming out and not staying buried forever.  Semantics aside, do you think next year will see a new GNR album? Yay or nay?  And I'm not talking about whether or not it's too early to write off 2016.  That's a given. Just whether you honestly think it's happening.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:42:55 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 02:43:58 PM »

Yes. Why not?

I mean, until I hear something to convince me otherwise, that's my belief.
I don't think they worked on all that music to keep it buried.... Once again, until I hear otherwise, that's my belief.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 02:46:10 PM »

Yes. Why not?

I mean, until I hear something to convince me otherwise, that's my belief.
I don't think they worked on all that music to keep it buried.... Once again, until I hear otherwise, that's my belief.

/jarmo

Fair enough.  And I hope you're right! I know the next album obviously exists in some form.  My only hangup is that we have no idea whether getting it out is still, in October of 2015, a priority for Axl and Management.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 02:50:46 PM »

I suspect everybody involved wants to get it out. But not until there's a mutual understanding that everybody is happy with.

I don't know about you, but I got no problem "waiting" until that happens. Instead of having an album out tomorrow, that isn't what Axl wanted.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 02:56:44 PM »

I suspect everybody involved wants to get it out. But not until there's a mutual understanding that everybody is happy with.

I don't know about you, but I got no problem "waiting" until that happens. Instead of having an album out tomorrow, that isn't what Axl wanted.

/jarmo

I would hope that the release would go down the way Axl would want, sure.  I just don't know how high our or his expectations should be for some kind of crazy rollout for a hard rock album in 2016 should be.  Things have changed a lot in the last 7 years (can't believe that) since Chinese dropped.  And things sure weren't great then.  The vast majority of album sales are digital now. How does that get promoted in a way that would convince Axl to press "Go"?  I honestly don't know.

I just don't want to see it staying in limbo for much longer because of some impasse regarding how it's going to be marketed.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 02:59:09 PM »

I don't see why it would or should be shelved forever...

Do I expect it to come out in 2016?... I don't know why anybody would...

If you say yes... What could you base that on?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 03:01:10 PM »

That's my point.  Literally the only concrete evidence we have is a strange photo posted on Twitter last December of a silhouette in a studio.  Does that mean it's actually coming soon?  Undecided
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 03:03:34 PM »

That's my point.  Literally the only concrete evidence we have is a strange photo posted on Twitter last December of a silhouette in a studio.  Does that mean it's actually coming soon?  Undecided

Look... it's a win win....

If it comes out... were all freaking thrilled...and we finally get to hear all these songs that he's been working on for 20 years.

If it doesn't... We get to piss off Jarmo and Emily with our COMPLAINTS about why there is never any music released.   Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 03:09:23 PM »

If it comes out... were all freaking thrilled...and we finally get to hear all these songs that he's been working on for 20 years.

If it doesn't... We get to piss off Jarmo and Emily with our COMPLAINTS about why there is never any music released.   Smiley

hihi Welp, our complaints sure aren't going anywhere until we catch wind that it's for-realsies coming. 

I dunno.  I just couldn't imagine working so hard putting together all these songs just to let some disagreement on marketing or whatever keep them buried for years on end.  It's just beyond my understanding.  I've said it before, there's a fine line between integrity and time masturbation when all is said and done. Hiding all that great work is just a shame, and robs the fans of what they really want and (more or less) patiently wait for.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 03:11:08 PM »

hihi Welp, our complaints sure aren't going anywhere until we catch wind that it's for-realsies coming. 

I dunno.  I just couldn't imagine working so hard putting together all these songs just to let some disagreement on marketing or whatever keep them buried for years on end.  It's just beyond my understanding.  I've said it before, there's a fine line between integrity and time masturbation when all is said and done. Hiding all that great work is just a shame, and robs the fans of what they really want and (more or less) patiently wait for.

I'm with ya...

But who knows what the issues are... hey... maybe the reunion stuff is actually true... who knows what that would mean for those songs... there is just so many variables that could be in play right now.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 03:15:27 PM »

I'm with ya...

But who knows what the issues are... hey... maybe the reunion stuff is actually true... who knows what that would mean for those songs... there is just so many variables that could be in play right now.

True.  And God knows I'd be popping corks if there's a reunion announcement just like everyone else. 

...I still want to hear The General, Atlas, Soul Monster etc. etc. etc.  Cry
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 03:23:00 PM »

I?m not sure how highly anticipated Chinese Democracy II really is.
Sure, prior to CD, people wanted to hear what Axl was up to all those years.
I think the mystique is all but gone. He has waited well past long enough for most to lose interest.
A supreme talent such as Axl will always have his share of fans, and rightfully so, but outside of these forums, I surely do not know anyone who?s ?highly anticipating? the follow up to Chinese Democracy.

I think people would still flock to a reunion tour, but not sure anyone is holding their breathe.
Not denying it could be a different story should he actually choose to announce an album, or do something, anything, but I believe Axl by and large is out of sight out of mind at this point.
gunnersince94
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 03:23:33 PM »

/jarmo

Thank you Jarmo !!  ok
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 03:25:03 PM »

I?m not sure how highly anticipated Chinese Democracy II really is.
Sure, prior to CD, people wanted to hear what Axl was up to all those years.
I think the mystique is all but gone. He has waited well past long enough for most to lose interest.
A supreme talent such as Axl will always have his share of fans, and rightfully so, but outside of these forums, I surely do not know anyone who?s ?highly anticipating” the follow up to Chinese Democracy.

I think people would still flock to a reunion tour, but not sure anyone is holding their breathe.
Not denying it could be a different story should he actually choose to announce an album, or do something, anything, but I believe Axl by and large is out of sight out of mind at this point.

It's a new Guns N' Roses album. It's going to be "big" no matter how you swing it.  Just how big is the question.  It's not going be called Chinese Democracy II.  That's just something the fans dubbed it, since the vast majority of the music was done during those sessions. So the 'Chinese' affiliation/baggage won't be there.

Edit: And if the music is good, the fact that it was recorded during the Chinese Democracy sessions will be little more than a footnote on a conversation, if at all.  "Hey, did you hear that new GNR track? It rocks!" "Yeah, it does. Did you know it was actually recorded like 10 years ago?" "Really? Cool."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:32:53 PM by sofine11 » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »

Haha definitely a win- win situation there for you Smiley

I consider myself in good company  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
gnredwing
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 04:25:50 PM »

Its not a win win because once it comes out we will have to find something else to complain about.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 04:36:17 PM »

Its not a win win because once it comes out we will have to find something else to complain about.

The second half of Chinese is it for me.  If Axl & Management can produce that at some point, I'll be content. Promise.  ok
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: