Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:04:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 66413 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #300 on: December 17, 2015, 12:04:19 PM »

My point is that Slash's fans will have an actual alternative to no reunion.  We, will not.

Haha.
Both alternatives are the same. No reunion.  Tongue

Totally disagree.

If there is no reunion, there will be a new Slash album before there is a new Guns N' Roses album.

Which is incredible, considering the head start Axl has.  Or, would be incredible, I guess I should say, if you didn't know anything about Axl Rose.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #301 on: December 17, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »

Eddie Trunk@

Spoke to @Slash last night and he said he is working on new songs for the next Conspirators album.

https://twitter.com/EddieTrunk/status/677356288137953281

It is a disappointment.

I expected more from Axl Rose, expect more respect for the fans who follow him for decades .

I wish a Merry Christmas to Axl Rose, and that one day he respects the fans that made him famous and full of money

What ? Axl What ? GNR What ? Five Months Of LIES & RUMORS No-Official

I?M SORRY FOR YOU... NOT SORRY FOR ME

Welcome The World Of GUNS N' ROSES

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #302 on: December 17, 2015, 12:21:23 PM »

Eddie Trunk@

Spoke to @Slash last night and he said he is working on new songs for the next Conspirators album.

https://twitter.com/EddieTrunk/status/677356288137953281

It is a disappointment.

I expected more from Axl Rose, expect more respect for the fans who follow him for decades .

I wish a Merry Christmas to Axl Rose, and that one day he respects the fans that made him famous and full of money

What ? Axl What ? GNR What ? Five Months Of LIES & RUMORS No-Official

I?M SORRY FOR YOU... NOT SORRY FOR ME

Welcome The World Of GUNS N' ROSES

beer

I love that song!  Especially the lyric "Nobody owes you, not one godamned thing"

beer

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #303 on: December 17, 2015, 12:22:36 PM »

My point is that Slash's fans will have an actual alternative to no reunion.  We, will not.

Haha.
Both alternatives are the same. No reunion.  Tongue

Totally disagree.

If there is no reunion, there will be a new Slash album before there is a new Guns N' Roses album.

Which is incredible, considering the head start Axl has.  Or, would be incredible, I guess I should say, if you didn't know anything about Axl Rose.

There is no competition here, except in your head and in your spin.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #304 on: December 17, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »

Well, as I often say, we can't both be right.

Actually, let me amend that.  We couldn't both be right, so long as both sides of an argument had the balls to take a position.

As usual, I am willing to go on record, yet the opposition never steps up to go on record with the alternative.

So, I guess I better way to put it would be : I will either be right or wrong, and others too chickenshit to take a stand face no consequences, regardless.

Yet another Profile In Courage, this discussion.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #305 on: December 17, 2015, 12:26:01 PM »

Oh, so you can tell the future now? Amazing!

I can, indeed.

For instance, I predict that in 2016 you will continue to wear out the term "entitled" (and all its variations) and that you will not find fault in anything that happens.

If certain "fans" continue to have misplaced entitlement issues and mistakenly think they are somehow "owed"  then it will continue to be pointed out.

I'll play Nostradamus too- I predict that you will continue to bitch, moan and complain as long as you are allowed to post here- celebrating festivus 365 days a year Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #306 on: December 17, 2015, 12:27:31 PM »

Totally disagree.

I think your way of thinking is once again somewhat illogical.

Either there is a reunion, or there isn't.
It's not really a question of having one or a Slash album.

You're talking about what the alternatives are if the answer is NO.... That's a different discussion altogether.

I'm not surprised you're spreading your special kind of joy around once again.
20+ years of carrying a weight on your shoulders sure seems to be taking its toll..... Smiley

Imagine if your prediction is true. Will you still be posting this same nonsense in a year? When will you move on?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #307 on: December 17, 2015, 12:27:36 PM »

I suspect the thinking, or lack thereof, goes like this: A British site says "Rose is believed to want to play more gigs in 2016 to show some loyalty to his existing bandmates" -> Buckethead will return.
Done. New story to write, new rumor started.

rofl

/jarmo

Speak of the devil- look at this - GNR's 2016 Drummer Revealed  hihi

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-2016-drummer-revealed/

This People Is CRAZY & INSANE !!!

rofl

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #308 on: December 17, 2015, 12:27:52 PM »

Well, as I often say, we can't both be right.

Actually, let me amend that.  We couldn't both be right, so long as both sides of an argument had the balls to take a position.

As usual, I am willing to go on record, yet the opposition never steps up to go on record with the alternative.

So, I guess I better way to put it would be : I will either be right or wrong, and others too chickenshit to take a stand face no consequences, regardless.

Yet another Profile In Courage, this discussion.

Haha, you truly have delusions of grandeur- your posts and "positions" aren't noble or courageous.  hihi

Hilarious example of how seriously you take yourself and how important you think you are.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #309 on: December 17, 2015, 12:30:34 PM »

I think your way of thinking is once again somewhat illogical.

Either there is a reunion, or there isn't.
It's not really a question of having one or a Slash album.

Nope.

The original post of mine you quoted was about how Axl has more to lose than Slash in the case of no reunion, because Slash will actually get off his ass and have something else for his fans, while our man is highly unlikely to do so.

That's the argument.

You attempting to reframe it because its uncomfortable has no relevance to me.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #310 on: December 17, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »

Haha, you truly have delusions of grandeur- your posts and "positions" aren't noble or courageous.  hihi

The position one takes is not noble.  Its not having the courage to take one that makes one a coward, however.

Handy dandy example :

Stance : "Absent a reunion, there will be a Slash album before there is a Guns N' Roses one".

Now if you are going to speak out and call that bullshit, go on record with the alternative.  Over time, we see who is right and who is wrong.

Ah...but that's the rub, isn't it?  Doing so means you have to actually rely on Axl to come through for you.  And despite your constant proclamations of total faith, in actual fact, you don't have it.

So you don't take the position.  You don't take any position, actually.

Always easier to avoid being wrong when you never step up.  Pretty sad state of affairs though.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #311 on: December 17, 2015, 12:37:03 PM »

This People Not Have Life ?

rofl

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #312 on: December 17, 2015, 12:39:25 PM »

The position one takes is not noble.  Its not having the courage to take one that makes one a coward, however.

Handy dandy example :

Stance : "Absent a reunion, there will be a Slash album before there is a Guns N' Roses one".

Now if you are going to speak out and call that bullshit, go on record with the alternative.  Over time, we see who is right and who is wrong.

Ah...but that's the rub, isn't it?  Doing so means you have to actually rely on Axl to come through for you.  And despite your constant proclamations of total faith, in actual fact, you don't have it.

So you don't take the position.  You don't take any position, actually.

Always easier to avoid being wrong when you never step up.  Pretty sad state of affairs though.

Amusing, and simply another case of you attempting to establish some sort of online pseudo courageous stance for some lack in your real life- compensation is always a little pathetic.

So you are inventing this little competition? Do you honestly think there will never be another GNR album Mr.fake courage?

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »

The original post of mine you quoted was about how Axl has more to lose than Slash in the case of no reunion, because Slash will actually get off his ass and have something else for his fans, while our man is highly unlikely to do so.

That's the argument.

I think the argument is that you think you know what's gonna happen. The truth is, you're just guessing.
And no matter what happens, you'll still be right about something. Because essentially, there's always something not 100% right.... So you can keep this act up.

Even if GN'R would win this imaginary race you've created, you wouldn't admit being wrong.

You attempting to reframe it because its uncomfortable has no relevance to me.

It's not uncomfortable. It's boring.
There's a difference.

The question remains. You've already stated that 2016 will most likely suck for you. So when will you move on?
Don't you get tired of this so called waiting for things to go swimmingly? I mean, 20 years.... That's a long wait for something,
Especially if you consider that things probably didn't go as swimmingly even then, you just choose to remember it that way.

Always easy being right when you ignore when somebody proves you wrong.

GAME CHANGER!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2015, 12:42:28 PM »

Of course they do.  But when it comes to this particular subject, there are some answers better than others.

People aren't going to stop living their lives is there is no reunion.  But that doesn't mean they are as excited about a new Slash album.

That's all.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #315 on: December 17, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »

I don't think Slash or Duff would and will sit still in waiting for something to move on GNR ...if it's even being considered.

So therefore either of them working on songs for something else at present time doesn't mean something with GNR isn't happening.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #316 on: December 17, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »

I think the argument is that you think you know what's gonna happen. The truth is, you're just guessing.
And no matter what happens, you'll still be right about something. Because essentially, there's always something not 100% right.... So you can keep this act up.

Even if GN'R would win this imaginary race you've created, you wouldn't admit being wrong.

I am making an educated guess based on all available evidence, yes, I am.

If there were no reunion, but Axl still came out with an album before Slash, of course I'd admit I was wrong.

How would I get out of it?  I've spelled out in no uncertain terms what I think will happen.  I am either right or wrong.  There is no wiggle room on this one.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #317 on: December 17, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »

Of course they do.  But when it comes to this particular subject, there are some answers better than others.

People aren't going to stop living their lives is there is no reunion.  But that doesn't mean they are as excited about a new Slash album.

That's all.

But music of Slash Is GOOD

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #318 on: December 17, 2015, 12:46:12 PM »

Amusing, and simply another case of you attempting to establish some sort of online pseudo courageous stance for some lack in your real life- compensation is always a little pathetic.

Ah, so we're on to the "you must be a loser in real life because you have a different opinion than me on the internet" portion of the proceedings.

I see.  I accept your unconditional surrender on this topic.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #319 on: December 17, 2015, 12:49:43 PM »

I am making an educated guess based on all available evidence, yes, I am.

If there were no reunion, but Axl still came out with an album before Slash, of course I'd admit I was wrong.

How would I get out of it?  I've spelled out in no uncertain terms what I think will happen.  I am either right or wrong.  There is no wiggle room on this one.

How would you get out of it? I'm sure you could find a way.

I don't think Slash or Duff would and will sit still in waiting for something to move on GNR ...if it's even being considered.

So therefore either of them working on songs for something else at present time doesn't mean something with GNR isn't happening.

True. But people are desperate for clues in anything.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: