Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:53:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Setlist predictions / dreams / wishes for 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist predictions / dreams / wishes for 2016  (Read 29227 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2016, 01:57:12 PM »

1) WTTJ
2) Brownstone
3) It's so Easy
4) Chinese Democracy
5) Live and Let Die
6) KOHD
Adler and Izzy pop in
7) My Michelle
8.) Rocket Queen
9) Yesterdays or 14 years
10) Sweet Child o Mine
Goodbye Izzy and Adler
11) You Could be Mine
12) Don't Cry
13) IRS or Street of Dreams (THE BLUES, DAMMIT)
14) Better
15) Civil War
16) Estranged
17) November Rain

18) Nighttrain
19) Patience
20) Paradise City (MEGA PALOOZA..2 drum kits, everyone on stage, cats and dogs, living together....)

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2016, 02:09:57 PM »

If they did a tribute to Scott, I would hope that they would do

Memories of Candles and Incense.

It is a beautiful masterpiece. Even though it isn't a VR / GNR song.

Are you referring to Atlanta? off on No. 4?
or is there an actual song or demo by that title I should be hunting down?

Wouldn't expect it, but if GN'R paid tribute to Scott, Last Fight with Axl on vocals could be cool.
or Don't Drop that Dime.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2016, 02:35:30 PM »

To get to hear Coma live, would be the biggest thing happening on a stage for me. This is my favorite song in the whole fucking world! Name ONE song with a more EPIC outro!? No Way!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2016, 02:46:49 PM »

How much blowback are we looking at around here if not even one CD tune is played?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2016, 03:03:10 PM »

How much blowback are we looking at around here if not even one CD tune is played?

None, because, if that were to happen, that would be a decision made by the band, and all decisions made by the band are right, just, and pure.  IMO, there's no way Axl would agree to not play any CD songs.  But seriously, whatever they do will be championed as the right call. 
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2016, 03:04:53 PM »

Considering five of the seven guys onstage are CD era gunners and Duff had no issues playing those songs when he filled in for Tommy, I think a good number of CD songs will be played.

IMO, Slash not wanting to play any CD songs is way different than Izzy not playing them when he guested in the past.  And if Izzy and/or Steven do make an appearance, there are plenty of songs that only the original five can perform and still have the hybrid group perform whatever else is on the setlist.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2016, 03:18:55 PM »

1. It's So Easy
2. Mr.Brownstone
3. Welcome To The Jungle
4. Move To The City
5. Yesterdays
6. Out Ta Get Me
7. Civil War
8. Patience
9. My Michelle
10. You Could Be Mine
11. November Rain
12. Knockin' On Heavens Door
13. This I Love
14. Rocket Queen
15. Dust N' Bones
16. Sweet Child O'Mine
17. Nightrain

Encore

18. Preety Tied Up
19. Don't Cry
20. Estranged
21. Paradise City

the most sick fan in the middle east
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2016, 03:19:20 PM »

Considering five of the seven guys onstage are CD era gunners and Duff had no issues playing those songs when he filled in for Tommy, I think a good number of CD songs will be played.

IMO, Slash not wanting to play any CD songs is way different than Izzy not playing them when he guested in the past.  And if Izzy and/or Steven do make an appearance, there are plenty of songs that only the original five can perform and still have the hybrid group perform whatever else is on the setlist.

Agree...although it depends what you mean when you say "a good number of CD songs will be played."  I would guess 2-4.

And yes, much different between just coming on stage for a song or two (like Izzy) or being a member for a complete show.  Perfect example is Duff.  When he guested (back in '12?) he didn't play and CD songs.  But was he was a member for a full show, he did.  

IMO, the whole "will they or won't they" play CD songs is overblown.  At its core, CD songs are Guns n Roses songs, so why wouldn't they play some?  Because the guitarist didn't write any of the parts???  Tell that to Bumble and DJ...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2016, 03:23:55 PM »

None, because, if that were to happen, that would be a decision made by the band, and all decisions made by the band are right, just, and pure.  IMO, there's no way Axl would agree to not play any CD songs.  But seriously, whatever they do will be championed as the right call. 

Hahahaha

Well, you always tend to know how I think, and this is no exception.

I guess I'm wondering if there will be a real "can't you just be happy with you have" refrain if a few "entitled whiners" don't get the songs they like.

I am not...hopetimistic, things play out that way.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2016, 04:17:55 PM »

These are my predictions and my dream setlist,  the songs are not the order in which I think they will play them.

Prediction
1.Welcome to The Jungle
2.Its So Easy
3.Nightrain
4.Mr. Brownstone
5.Out ta Get Me
6.Paradise City
7.My Michelle
8.Sweet Child O Mine
9. Rocket Queen
10. Patience
11. Don't Cry
12. Live and Let Die
13. November Rain
14.Civil War
15 You Could Be Mine
16 Estranged
17. Knockin on Heavens Door
18.Pretty Tied Up
19. Bad Obsession
20. Chinese Democracy
21. Street of Dreams
22. Better

My dream setlist, in semi order.

1.Right Next Door to Hell
2.Mr. Brownstone
3. Its So Easy
4.Welcome to the Jungle
5.Rocket Queen
6.Sweet Child o Mine
7.Double Talkin Jive
8.Civil War
9.Dont Cry
10. You Could Be Mine
11. Nightrain
12.Yesterdays
13.Better
14.Estranged
15.Patience
16.Shacklers Revenge
17.Perfect Crime
18. Dust N Bones(With Izzy)
19. 14 Years(With Izzy)
20. Locomotive
21 Knockin On Heavens Door

22. Coma
23 Chinese Democracy
24.Street of Dreams
25. Paradise City

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2016, 04:29:49 PM »

Remember that old amazing VR song "Messages" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-b_Ibghhw

The melodies are super great,the guitar work is excellent,I'd love IF they played that as a tribute to Weiland.
Meaning,if Axl agrees to it,finds it appropriate or even decides to give Weiland respect.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2016, 04:41:18 PM »

Remember that old amazing VR song "Messages" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4-b_Ibghhw

The melodies are super great,the guitar work is excellent,I'd love IF they played that as a tribute to Weiland.
Meaning,if Axl agrees to it,finds it appropriate or even decides to give Weiland respect.

I remember some of the really nasty comments from Scott about Axl. So I don't think that Axl will pay any kind of tribute to him?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 04:49:13 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2016, 05:18:54 PM »

That is a total fanboy statement man... come on.

I'm cool if they play CD songs just not alot of them. And yes, people will whine and bitch if they don't play any.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2016, 07:09:06 PM »

I think they will play safe. Even if they play warmup gigs with a more eccletic setlist, Coachella will be more straight foward. So yeah, I think Jungle-ISE-Mr.Brownstone is a given as much as the encore with Nightrain and, after that, Paradise City. For Coachella I'd also excpect less CD, TSI or even new songs, if that's what they are planning.

Again this shit about people bitching about other people wanting CD songs? Why does it even bother you guys? If they end up don't playing any CD songs people will just ask for it in the next shows. Happened before even with the new band. No big deal, really.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2016, 07:17:23 PM »

1 WTTJ
2 It's So Easy
3. Nightrain
4. Mr. Brownstone
5. Live & Let Die
6 Don't Cry
7 Civil War
8 You Could Be Mine
9Patience
10 November Rain
11. Better
12. There was a Time
13. You'Re Crazy
14. Rocket Queen
15 Sweet Child
16.Out Ta Get Me
17 Knocking on Heaven's Door
18Estranged
19 Yesterday
20 Paradise City

PS: I would love to hear Don't Damn Me
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2016, 07:45:45 PM »

Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Estranged, Rocket Queen, Better, Live And Let Die, This I Love, Band Introductions, Dizzy Reed Piano Solo Ziggy Stardust/Catcher In The Rye, Street Of Dreams, 14 Years (with Izzy Stradlin), You Could Be Mine (with Izzy Stradlin), Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam, Funeral For a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding/November Rain, Don't Cry, The Seeker, Civil War, Knockin' On Heaven's Door (with Izzy Stradlin), Jam/Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encore: Don't Let It Bring You Down, Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin), Dead Flowers (with Izzy Stradlin), Jam/Patience, Jam/Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

This was the setlist from one of the Vegas shows in 2012 minus the Tommy/Ashba/Bumblefoot stuff.  GNR has never had a problem with incorporating it's album history into it's setlist.  I also changed Dizzy's solo back to Ziggy Stardust and Axl's solo before NR to Funeral/Bleeding as tributes.

Thanks to Jarmo for always posting show updates/setlists.  I copy & pasted then modified this from the HTGTH "Tour Dates" section on the main site page:  http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/tour/index.php

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2016, 07:50:06 PM »

I'm going to go with what I would pick if it was my call.. who knows what the band will pick other than Paradise City closing out the show.

Welcome to the Jungle
Mr. Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Don't Cry
It's So Easy
Think About You
The Blues
Sweet Child
You Could Be Mine
Double Talking Jive
Civil War
Rocket Queen
November Rain
Chinese Democracy
My Michelle
Knockin On Heavens Door
Estranged
Nightrain
Pretty Tied Up
Patience
Whole Lotta Rosie
Paradise City
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2016, 09:26:54 PM »

Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Estranged, Rocket Queen, Better, Live And Let Die, This I Love, Band Introductions, Dizzy Reed Piano Solo Ziggy Stardust/Catcher In The Rye, Street Of Dreams, 14 Years (with Izzy Stradlin), You Could Be Mine (with Izzy Stradlin), Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam, Funeral For a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding/November Rain, Don't Cry, The Seeker, Civil War, Knockin' On Heaven's Door (with Izzy Stradlin), Jam/Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encore: Don't Let It Bring You Down, Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin), Dead Flowers (with Izzy Stradlin), Jam/Patience, Jam/Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

This was the setlist from one of the Vegas shows in 2012 minus the Tommy/Ashba/Bumblefoot stuff.  GNR has never had a problem with incorporating it's album history into it's setlist.  I also changed Dizzy's solo back to Ziggy Stardust and Axl's solo before NR to Funeral/Bleeding as tributes.

Thanks to Jarmo for always posting show updates/setlists.  I copy & pasted then modified this from the HTGTH "Tour Dates" section on the main site page:  http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/tour/index.php

It would be great if Dizzy did Ziggy as his solo  ok

And this is definitely the place to get show updates.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2016, 12:39:09 PM »

Well if this is true I said I'd be shocked if CD songs are played.  I guess I was wrong.   

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/reunited-guns-n-roses-to-play-new-t-mobile-arena-in-las-vegas/

Although neither Slash nor Duff McKagan played on the 2008 GUNS album "Chinese Democracy", songs from that set are reportedly being rehearsed and will be performed.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2016, 01:00:42 PM »

Well if this is true I said I'd be shocked if CD songs are played.  I guess I was wrong.   

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/reunited-guns-n-roses-to-play-new-t-mobile-arena-in-las-vegas/

Although neither Slash nor Duff McKagan played on the 2008 GUNS album "Chinese Democracy", songs from that set are reportedly being rehearsed and will be performed.

The blabbermouth article was derived from a much better article billboard posted, check it out.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: