Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:27:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could the reunion spark some back catalog stuff coming in the future?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could the reunion spark some back catalog stuff coming in the future?  (Read 22586 times)
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2016, 06:21:41 AM »

Did I say that ?

There's nothing wrong with wanting more CD era stuff, so do I.  My point is that, outside of the obsessive msg board crowd, NO ONE ELSE is interested.

Outside of the "obsessive msg board crowd", very few know of its existence. Joe and Jill Blow aren't talking about wanting to hear Soul Monster or Atlas Shrugged.  Give it a release date or throw it on Itunes tomorrow and I can assure you they'll be all over it like flies on shit. You telling me that with this reunion being the big music story of 2016 that no one is going to care if one of those songs come out?

Yes I do.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2016, 08:11:04 AM »

yes you do what? Any new Gnr song will garner BIG TIME attention right now....I do think the song needs Slash on it though.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2016, 08:23:33 AM »

Yes, I do believe all anyone (outside of the obsessive people like us) cares about from now on is Axl, Slash and Duff and anything they are up to.

Again, NO ONE in the general public will give a flying fuck about anything '98-'14 from now on.

Should a song from that era turn up now, it will be a curiosity at best...  Or a laughing stock !

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2016, 08:51:02 AM »

If anything it?s a fact that Guns N? Roses spent an extraordinary amount of time recording ?Chinese Democracy.? hihi Roll Eyes

Again, NO ONE in the general public will give a flying fuck about anything '98-'14 from now on.

Nobody did with AFD either.

You want gnr to be more of a popband than a rockband? If the music is rocking...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2016, 09:32:39 AM »

If anything it?s a fact that Guns N? Roses spent an extraordinary amount of time recording ?Chinese Democracy.? hihi Roll Eyes

You want gnr to be more of a popband than a rockband? If the music is rocking...

I have no idea what you're trying to say...

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2016, 10:03:54 AM »

and, for the record, the Gnr back catalog extends from 1985 to 2015...simple fact. Kiss

Nah I disagree with you. Yeah it is the same band. Under name only really.

In Gn'R's instance it is very delicate. NOTHING happened with this band from 1996 to 2001. Hell they didn't even perform in any way during this time. First shows were at the very beginning of 2001.

It really is divided up into 2 parts here. There's Slash era stuff, and post Slash. That is how it really is. After Slash left Duff and Matt followed soon after. So it was restarting over in a lot of ways.

I just hate it when people pull little attempt that it is the same band etc...

It is the same band name, with one original member. I really liked the new band man, but lets be real... back catalog stuff from 85-96 just isn't the same as the post 1996 stuff. Because of it being original guys together, and then Axl and a bunch of other dudes basically. It's very different.

Guns N' Roses will be to me always 2 bands. That isn't a bad thing or taking away from the Nu Gn'R but I don't consider 1 original member that threw a fit over the name in 1992 or whenever it was to be "the band".

As much as I love Axl, and Nu Gn'R and Chinese Democracy, I separate the 2 bands with great reasons and logic. I don't lump both eras together because they kept the band name and 1 member. Nope. If you do that is fine, but I think you're missing a lot of logic there.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »

Its futile though. 

They are as emotionally invested in insisting this has all been a straight line evolution, as you are quick to roll your eyes and tell them to get real.

No minds have been changed on this in 15 years.  It won't start now.

Frankly, I'm kind of hoping we can move past all that as over and done with.  Whether you were pro, or con. 

We've got a good outcome now.  Let's celebrate that amazing turn of events.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2016, 11:57:23 AM »

For the last 20 years this 'band' has fucked up almost everything they do.

A good outcome would be that, for once, they don't fuck up this reunion, and we get Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Matt.  Dizzy can come as well.  No one else is invited.

If THAT were to happen, THEN I would celebrate.

But then again, in what state would Axl appear ?

Oh the joy of being into GNR  Grin ...

kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2016, 12:16:01 PM »

For the last 20 years this 'band' has fucked up almost everything they do.

A good outcome would be that, for once, they don't fuck up this reunion, and we get Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Matt.  Dizzy can come as well.  No one else is invited.

If THAT were to happen, THEN I would celebrate.

How many times did you see GN'R perform live 1986-1993?

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2016, 12:22:08 PM »

They only played Belgium once and my mother wouldn't let me go.  I was only 12.  She wouldn't even accompany me.  I will never forgive her.

Before you ask, I got into GNR through the YCBM video in June of '91.

So, exactly zero times. All the more reason to celebrate !

ok

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2016, 01:38:46 PM »

yes you do what? Any new Gnr song will garner BIG TIME attention right now....I do think the song needs Slash on it though.
just as I already wrote:
I'd pick some strong track off ChiDem, for example the title track; cropped the unneccessary ambient intro, so it begins right with the guitar riffs; changed ID3 tags to something like "Guns N' Roses - yet unreleased new track with Slash on guitar!" and sent it to GNR "fans". I'm pretty sure they'd piss themselves like an excited dog.
huge attention and profits guaranteed.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2016, 03:14:24 PM »

I have no idea what you're trying to say...

just looked as music being dissed before it's released

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2016, 06:27:31 PM »

Its futile though. 

They are as emotionally invested in insisting this has all been a straight line evolution, as you are quick to roll your eyes and tell them to get real.

No minds have been changed on this in 15 years.  It won't start now.

Frankly, I'm kind of hoping we can move past all that as over and done with.  Whether you were pro, or con. 

don't lump me in with "they" hot shot. I understand it is 2 different eras and I am not emotionally "invested" in any particular era like you are. I personally prefer the Illusion era so quit making your knee jerk generic asshole comments.

All I know is that there is a shit ton of stuff that is unreleased from all eras which is available to be worked on by ANYONE at anytime. Why? Because Universal/Geffen, and to an extent Axl, own it all. If it is unreleased and recorded under the Gnr banner/recording contract, it is fair game. Comprende? Or, is that concept too difficult for you to imagine? The back catalog of Guns N Roses extends from 1985 (actually 1986 when they signed with Geffen) to 2015. Fact.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 06:29:40 PM by sky dog » Logged

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2016, 11:26:02 AM »

Your thinking is way way too liberal for this.

It is technically 85-present for the back catalog. We all know that. In reality it isn't. It is 2 different bands.

Most of us want back catalog music and demos etc from the 85-96 era.

Lets face it people after 1996 there was nothing going on until 1998 or 1999 really. Duff and Matt were out in 97, Robin was hired in 97 or 98 so was Stinson. So nothing really started happening until 1998ish.

It is 2 eras. This is a special circumstance. This kinda thing doesn't happen. 1 band, they all leave. 1 person left.... it is a different band/era

believe that (in Roman Reigns' voice)

But don't damn me
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »

It is technically 85-present for the back catalog. We all know that. In reality it isn't. It is 2 different bands.

Lets face it people after 1996 there was nothing going on until 1998 or 1999 really. Duff and Matt were out in 97, Robin was hired in 97 or 98 so was Stinson. So nothing really started happening until 1998ish.

It is 2 eras. This is a special circumstance. This kinda thing doesn't happen. 1 band, they all leave. 1 person left.... it is a different band/era

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2016, 12:57:11 PM »

Yeah I actually don't like Roman Reigns at all...

HBK/Bret hart are my favorite wrestlers... lol. I was mocking him because he's lame as fuck.

Actually got to meet HBK during a barnes and noble book signing. got him to sign my heartbreak and triumph and his new book too at the same time. was great.

reserve your judgement...

But don't damn me
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »

Yeah I actually don't like Roman Reigns at all...

HBK/Bret hart are my favorite wrestlers... lol. I was mocking him because he's lame as fuck.

Actually got to meet HBK during a barnes and noble book signing. got him to sign my heartbreak and triumph and his new book too at the same time. was great.

reserve your judgement...

mY OPINION iS bY aLL cOMMENT, rOMAN IS fUNNY, CHEERS

Wink

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2016, 12:22:34 PM »

lol... whatever dude

But don't damn me
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2016, 12:32:05 PM »

you still don't get it Thorn.... Roll Eyes

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2016, 12:45:00 PM »

Actually timeline:

October 1996 - Slash leaves
January 1997 - Robin begins playing with the band, at the suggestion of Matt.
January-February 1997 - Oh My God is written by Dizzy and Paul Tobias as an instrumental. Duff and Matt show no interest in the material.
April 1997 - Matt is fired after he curses out Paul, Chris Vrenna joins right after. He and Dave Abrusezze work as a drum duo for a few weeks.
May/June 1997 - Josh Freese is hired.
August 1997 - Duff quits. Robin is signed officially to a two year contract, as is Josh.
September 1997 - Tommy joins
Early 1998 - Madagascar written and recorded. Axl tries to have This I Love be released on the soundtrack of What Dreams, May Come, but the musical director of that movie shows no interest.
August 1999 - Robin leaves. Brian May overdubs some songs in early December.
November 1999 - Oh My God is re-recorded with Dave Navarro and Gary Sunshine guesting on guitar and is released as a single and on the soundtrack of End of Days.
December 1999 - Josh leaves. Buckethead is hired Christmas 99.
January 2000 - Brain joins. Axl gives his RS interview. By this time, TWAT, Catcher, IRS, Maddy, This I Love, Chinese Democracy and Street of Dreams as well as Silkworms have been recorded. Oklahoma also exists as an instrument tal
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:47:41 PM by CherryGarcia » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: