Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 04:35:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could the reunion spark some back catalog stuff coming in the future?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could the reunion spark some back catalog stuff coming in the future?  (Read 22585 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« on: January 19, 2016, 01:07:56 PM »

I know it is really early and it isn't that important just yet... so relax some of you that will be overly critical.

What I'm talking of specifically is later on this year or even next year wouldn't it be cool to get to hear demos or just anything from Gn'R from the 1994-97 era? I would just love to hear this stuff. We know that some of the stuff Slash converted into Slash's Snakepit from 1994 work that he had been doing. After TSI released in late 93, we just got the 1 cover song of the Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil". I would just love to know what else was recorded or demod out during this time.

From what I've read over the years there's substantial stuff done. A few songs and mostly just demos and riffs. They could do a 4 disc box set of this stuff and price it at like 50 bucks. I'd pay that!

What are your thoughts on this? We probably all would love all the unreleased stuff, but with the older guys getting back with Axl, I think interest in the actual older days would be at a premium. You just know there's some stuff floating that has been forgotten about or never made it. Maybe there's not even enough stuff for a 4 disc thing and I'm overthinking this? Who knows.

Very interesting to think about. If they played this right, they could back catalog anything on DVD they did... like old recording sessions etc...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 01:12:23 PM »

I don't see that as very realistic, but of course I'd pay 50 bucks to hear whatever unheard demos of Guns n' Roses from any era.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 01:22:02 PM »

What are your thoughts on this? We probably all would love all the unreleased stuff, but with the older guys getting back with Axl, I think interest in the actual older days would be at a premium. You just know there's some stuff floating that has been forgotten about or never made it. Maybe there's not even enough stuff for a 4 disc thing and I'm overthinking this? Who knows.

I wouldn't say you are so much overthinking this as overestimating it.  I think diehards like us will always love anything we can get our hands on.

I just don't know how much viable stuff there really is.  I certainly think there are next to no completed songs, and really very few vocals.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 01:50:00 PM »

It's a shame that no one knows what is happening (except Axl) with the material of Chinese Democracy II and the remix album in the future.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 01:58:56 PM »

I was under the impression that there wasn't much left in the vault from before the CD era. If I recall, there are a few old threads on the board listing what's known to be out there. A rarities collection with Shadow of Your Love, Heartbreak Hotel, Ain't Goin' Down, Just Another Sunday, Bring It Back Home, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Crash Diet, Whole Lotta Rosie and a few others would probably be a good idea though. Like a B-sides and rarities album.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 01:59:31 PM »

It's a shame that no one knows what is happening (except Axl) with the material of Chinese Democracy II and the remix album in the future.

A remix album at this point seems pointless.

CDII is another story. I'd love to see that.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 02:02:36 PM »

A remix album at this point seems pointless.

CDII is another story. I'd love to see that.

I can see Axl wanting to get all CD material out there. A collectors edition with CD, CD 2 and the remix album would be very welcome. It wouldn't be marketed as GN'R next album, but rather a deluxe release.

Then, if Slash and Duff are on board writing new material, that could be marketed as GN'Rs 7th studio album.

It would make more sense when it comes to touring as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 02:16:39 PM »

We talked about this a while ago: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66491.0

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 02:48:38 PM »

opps. please merge that with this?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 05:03:08 PM »

This would be awesome. Just call Izzy and Mike Clink and they're going platinum!

Edit: Figured they were gonna rework them and rerecord right? Not just release as was?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:05:34 PM by CheapJon » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 05:12:40 PM »

I wouldn't say you are so much overthinking this as overestimating it.  I think diehards like us will always love anything we can get our hands on.

I just don't know how much viable stuff there really is.  I certainly think there are next to no completed songs, and really very few vocals.

probably nothing from 94-97.....bullshit on the Chinese era.....well documented that there are a lot of fully recorded songs with vocals etc....WELL documented....whether you are interested or not is up to you. Nobody has any idea as to what we will get in the future as a Gnr release or how any of the material worked on, recorded, etc between 1994 and 2015 will be used. Game changed this month!  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 05:20:40 PM »

probably nothing from 94-97.....bullshit on the Chinese era.....well documented that there are a lot of fully recorded songs with vocals etc....WELL documented....

Settle down over there.  I was only talking about post-UYI but pre-CD.

A disturbingly high segment of our fanbase thinks there is all this gold from those years.  Talk of Zakk Wylde and the like.

I don't think there is one word of vocals on any of those unfocused jam sessions.  I doubt there is even an instrumental song.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 05:57:09 PM »

probably not unless Axl had some piano tune demos with vocals recorded...TIL, or other stuff.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 07:59:48 PM »

Didn't Matt Sorum say there were 7 songs from the 94-97 era that were fully recorded?
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 02:05:22 AM »

Didn't Matt Sorum say there were 7 songs from the 94-97 era that were fully recorded?

"We are working on rock songs that last only 4 minutes. We already did 7 songs and we will write 7 others. [...] It will be a single album with 10 or 12 songs." (Matt, 09/23/96)

"There will be a new Guns N' Roses 12 song minimum recording with three original "B" sides." (Axl, MTV fax, 10/30/96)

"The record will be all up-tempo rock songs ("No ballads," McKagan said firmly) and it will be just 12 songs, with a release planned for next spring." (Duff, Addicted to Noise, 08/30/96)

"I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of [Slash] were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith's Rocks. The 2000 version of Aerosmith Rocks or the 1996 Aerosmith Rocks by the time we would have put it out." (Axl, press release, 08/14/02)

beer

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 06:54:23 AM »

^ Cool stuff. Wonder if this hardrock album would sit well in the '97 market, tho. Back then new metal was really a thing.

probably nothing from 94-97.....bullshit on the Chinese era.....well documented that there are a lot of fully recorded songs with vocals etc....WELL documented....

Settle down over there.  I was only talking about post-UYI but pre-CD.
I believe several songs (like OMG and TIL) would fit in both eras.

axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 09:00:43 AM »

"We are working on rock songs that last only 4 minutes. We already did 7 songs and we will write 7 others. [...] It will be a single album with 10 or 12 songs." (Matt, 09/23/96)

"There will be a new Guns N' Roses 12 song minimum recording with three original "B" sides." (Axl, MTV fax, 10/30/96)

"The record will be all up-tempo rock songs ("No ballads," McKagan said firmly) and it will be just 12 songs, with a release planned for next spring." (Duff, Addicted to Noise, 08/30/96)

"I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of [Slash] were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith's Rocks. The 2000 version of Aerosmith Rocks or the 1996 Aerosmith Rocks by the time we would have put it out." (Axl, press release, 08/14/02)

beer

I want that right now!!! Damn!. I cant imagine that voice. Powerfull.

axlvai
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 09:14:33 AM »

This is the ideal time to put out the definitive GNR '85-'95/6/7' boxset.

It could include the '85 demo, the 'Hellhouse demos' (86/87?) all of the Sound City '86 preproduction demos and the '86 Pasha sessions straight from the master tapes.

It could also include anything from that era we don't even know about.

As far as UYI goes, we have a few tidbits, but who knows what else they have lying around ?

And then there's the Dvd/Blu-Ray part, which could include stuff from the planned 'The Perfect Crime' documentary, or even the holy grail : all 4 Forum '91 shows !

If we could have any of the above, why on earth would anyone want a ChiDem remix album Huh

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 09:29:12 AM »

This is the ideal time to put out the definitive GNR '85-'95/6/7' boxset.

It could include the '85 demo, the 'Hellhouse demos' (86/87?) all of the Sound City '86 preproduction demos and the '86 Pasha sessions straight from the master tapes.

It could also include anything from that era we don't even know about.

As far as UYI goes, we have a few tidbits, but who knows what else they have lying around ?

And then there's the Dvd/Blu-Ray part, which could include stuff from the planned 'The Perfect Crime' documentary, or even the holy grail : all 4 Forum '91 shows !

If we could have any of the above, why on earth would anyone want a ChiDem remix album Huh

you are actually right, remixes are meh. altough the holy grail would still be the original ChiDem recordings and/or Vegas 2001 DVD Wink

Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 10:21:04 AM »

I was talking about the holy grail of GNR recordings  Grin

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: