Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:36:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AEG Live representative talks Guns N' Roses
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AEG Live representative talks Guns N' Roses  (Read 4598 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: February 19, 2016, 03:42:14 PM »

This is an excerpt from an interview with Bobby Reynolds from AEG Live:

One more thing before you go ? what can you say about Guns N? Roses? There?s so much mystique around the band. What was it like for you to book their first reunion show?

It was awesome. I mean it was absolutely awesome.

Any nervousness about the band?

I?ve done a lot with that camp. We did two residencies with Guns N? Roses with DJ Ashba in the group, that version of Guns N? Roses. Ken Fermaglich is the agent. Fernando Lebeis is the guy who manages the Axl side of that business and we did great business together. I?ve probably done, before these two shows, the last 24 Guns N? Roses shows in the market, between residencies and New Year?s Eve shows, all sold out. Okay. Not one refund was given during our reign over at the Hard Rock. Not one. That?s a pretty big statement when you talk about how much people bitch about Axl and him being late and all this kind of stuff. It was great dealing with them. It?s been great. Ken Fermaglich is an agent who fights for his bands as hard as any agent out there, but in my experience he?s been a fair guy. We get along well. I do good work with him, he does good work with me and I?ve always taken care of his artists. We?re getting timely answers. We?re getting good info and we went on sale and blew both things out. I wish every show was as easy as dealing with Guns N? Roses. I really do.

http://www.ampthemag.com/the-real/bobby-reynolds-interview/

So, it seems he specifies that Fernando manages the Axl side of things in GN'R. Ken Fermaglich is mentioned as the agent, but is there another management who oversees the GN'R operation as a whole?

Or is that still Team Brazil, with Beta?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 03:45:15 PM »

Also, he's got nothing but good things to say about the management. All who have doubted the current management's capability to deal with a band this big got something to think about now...  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 03:46:42 PM »

Maybe all members have their own management teams now, and are working together in the way that three independent organisations might?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 03:48:45 PM »

positive stuff for sure, seems like the marketing plan is kicking into high gear over the next few weeks.....I mean we are 7 weeks away!

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »

Good stuff.  Looks like things with the tour will progress well.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 04:20:59 PM »

So Ken is taking care of the reunion and then dealing with each individual manager? Is that right?
Ouch! That guy does not have an easy job!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 04:22:17 PM »

So Ken is taking care of the reunion and then dealing with each individual manager? Is that right?
Ouch! That guy does not have an easy job!

I figure the agent is in charge of booking shows, being the link between management and promoter.

Sweetness is a virtue
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 06:19:06 PM »

Nice to see something positive like this, given the amount of crap (most of it based on rumour, conjecture, and incidents from decades ago) the band gets.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 06:23:20 PM »

Nice to see something positive like this, given the amount of crap (most of it based on rumour, conjecture, and incidents from decades ago) the band gets.

It's funny how the reality of things often aren't as portrayed in the media, now getting a first hand account of some aspects of the band's dealings.  Cheesy

Sweetness is a virtue
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 06:42:21 PM »

Great article! Thanks for posting  ok

Will share this with a few.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 08:03:18 AM »

Not one refund was given during our reign over at the Hard Rock. Not one. That?s a pretty big statement when you talk about how much people bitch about Axl and him being late and all this kind of stuff.

Can't argue with facts.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 08:44:31 AM »

All these people who will get to see Slash and Axl on stage for the first time with Duff? It'll be a beautiful moment. Then they have the other 2 hours to get through. Doing this in a new venue where it hasn't been broken in yet and they're still working on, is where things might go wrong. Hopefully not.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 08:56:41 AM »

I would assume that they'll be rehearsing a week  before and have their guys check everything out to make sure that the lights along with other functions are working properly.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 03:20:09 PM »

This is an excerpt from an interview with Bobby Reynolds from AEG Live:

One more thing before you go ? what can you say about Guns N? Roses? There?s so much mystique around the band. What was it like for you to book their first reunion show?

It was awesome. I mean it was absolutely awesome.

Any nervousness about the band?

I?ve done a lot with that camp. We did two residencies with Guns N? Roses with DJ Ashba in the group, that version of Guns N? Roses. Ken Fermaglich is the agent. Fernando Lebeis is the guy who manages the Axl side of that business and we did great business together. I?ve probably done, before these two shows, the last 24 Guns N? Roses shows in the market, between residencies and New Year?s Eve shows, all sold out. Okay. Not one refund was given during our reign over at the Hard Rock. Not one. That?s a pretty big statement when you talk about how much people bitch about Axl and him being late and all this kind of stuff. It was great dealing with them. It?s been great. Ken Fermaglich is an agent who fights for his bands as hard as any agent out there, but in my experience he?s been a fair guy. We get along well. I do good work with him, he does good work with me and I?ve always taken care of his artists. We?re getting timely answers. We?re getting good info and we went on sale and blew both things out. I wish every show was as easy as dealing with Guns N? Roses. I really do.

http://www.ampthemag.com/the-real/bobby-reynolds-interview/

So, it seems he specifies that Fernando manages the Axl side of things in GN'R. Ken Fermaglich is mentioned as the agent, but is there another management who oversees the GN'R operation as a whole?

Or is that still Team Brazil, with Beta?

Excelent Official Info

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »

Awesome news, thanks for posting!  ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »