Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:10:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 498716 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2016, 07:43:58 AM »

I suppose that the US tour will take place in autumn .
and the European tour early 2017

If it's autumn could they do outdoor stadiums in America? Would the weather be good enough?

They could do a indoor stadium tour as well.

1) The Major US cities don't have stadiums with roofs.

2) It's not ONLY a matter of weather.  It's a matter of schedules.  NFL plays it's first game on Sept 11th, this year, I think.  After that, you're dealing with the craziness of an NFL schedule, and the teams hold all the cards. It would be all but impossible to schedule a "makes sense" tour route throughout the country, ESPECIALLY if you're targeting weekend dates.  You're not SNIFFING Met Life in NYC on any weekend, because BOTH the Giants and Jets use that stadium. It's in use EVERY week of the NFL season.
In addition, the 2016 NFL schedule ISN'T EVEN OUT YET.  The league is not going to work with GnR NOW to try to figure out which teams have open dates when.  They could care less  about GnR's tour plans.  Their billions and billions in revenue is all they are worrying about.

You could TRY baseball stadiums...AFTER the World Series is complete (because playoffs and such would potentially cancel any weekend shows scheduled). With the April 4th start date, I think that means game 7 could potentially be after Nov 1.  THEN you're working on weather issues in the Northeast.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2016, 08:11:54 AM »

I suppose that the US tour will take place in autumn .
and the European tour early 2017

If it's autumn could they do outdoor stadiums in America? Would the weather be good enough?

They could do a indoor stadium tour as well.

1) The Major US cities don't have stadiums with roofs.

2) It's not ONLY a matter of weather.  It's a matter of schedules.  NFL plays it's first game on Sept 11th, this year, I think.  After that, you're dealing with the craziness of an NFL schedule, and the teams hold all the cards. It would be all but impossible to schedule a "makes sense" tour route throughout the country, ESPECIALLY if you're targeting weekend dates.  You're not SNIFFING Met Life in NYC on any weekend, because BOTH the Giants and Jets use that stadium. It's in use EVERY week of the NFL season.
In addition, the 2016 NFL schedule ISN'T EVEN OUT YET.  The league is not going to work with GnR NOW to try to figure out which teams have open dates when.  They could care less  about GnR's tour plans.  Their billions and billions in revenue is all they are worrying about.

You could TRY baseball stadiums...AFTER the World Series is complete (because playoffs and such would potentially cancel any weekend shows scheduled). With the April 4th start date, I think that means game 7 could potentially be after Nov 1.  THEN you're working on weather issues in the Northeast.

Exactly... This pretty much has to happen in the from July through the first week of September or US stadiums are out. Honestly as a fan in Boston the prospect of them being in Gillette or Fenway in October (even if the stars aligned properly for venue usage) worries me because as you know in New England it could be somewhere between 30-80 degrees (F), and the casual fan probably isn't going to be very happy freezing their balls off in a ski parka watching a concert.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2016, 08:20:14 AM »

The answer is simple: NO - for so many reasons, none of which have to do with talent/ability. Now as far as Gn'R taking over scheduled dates from AC/DC, that is a possibility, and a one-off tribute show is perhaps a more likely event.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2016, 08:46:19 AM »

This rumor is really taking off now it was even posted on cbs news. There must be some legitimacy to this whether he does a couple shows or all the remaining us shows that have to be made up. The Rock music world is in an uproar over this it is quite amazing you haven't had this much Axl Rose talk since probably the 90s. I honestly didn't believe it at first but i think something is going to happen as to what time will tell.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2016, 08:58:53 AM »

This rumor is really taking off now it was even posted on cbs news. There must be some legitimacy to this whether he does a couple shows or all the remaining us shows that have to be made up. The Rock music world is in an uproar over this it is quite amazing you haven't had this much Axl Rose talk since probably the 90s. I honestly didn't believe it at first but i think something is going to happen as to what time will tell.

It's running wild because of the since deleted facebook post (and subsequent) comments by Malcom Young's son Ross. When pressed about the shit storm he was causing in the comment section he said something to the effect of (and I'm paraphrasing) "it's true"

Reading the AC/DC fan forums is funny for a GnR fan. They are pretty much exactly where we were in late 2015 with the departure of Ron and DJ confirmed and the rumors swirling of the reunion... They are trying to guess what the silence and lack of a confirmation or denial means... they are complaining about management like they have the historically worst in the business. They are making wild ass guesses about who other than Axl should fill Brian's shoes (and tearing their fellow board members apart for their suggestions). Another popular theme is that Angus should just keep his integrity and walk away... It's like watching a Bizzaro GNR forum for outside my own body.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2016, 09:03:32 AM »

I still don't believe it, not even after it was posted on BLABBERMOUTH...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2016, 09:37:26 AM »

I don't believe it either.....is he really going to risk blowing his voice out when he is about to make a gazillion dollars on a huge Gnr tour? I think not.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »

it's everywhere here in french media

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2016, 09:44:03 AM »

I believe its at least been discussed /considered.

We didn't learn our lesson about smoke and fire yet?

If we get a schedule of full GNR dates soon like it was hinted... that should clear some things up as well.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »

Hey it would be fascinating to see Axl in a band that wasn't his own we have never seen that before. Just think about it what has everyone criticized axl for for years is that he is in control of everything As Axl goes GNR goes. If this ac/dc thing happened he would have to play by ac/dc rules not his own.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2016, 10:19:10 AM »

I always thought Axl would do that only for Queen. Which would be way better, IMHO.

ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2016, 10:20:11 AM »

I don't understand the silence if it's not true though. What's the loss from ACDC or Axl to just come out and just say that the rumors aren't true?

At the same time, it's generating buzz for Axl and ACDC in the midst of upcoming shows, so there's some benefit to not saying anything.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2016, 10:25:39 AM »

I think the members of AC/DC and GNR were amused by this rumor to let it go on. They still haven't said Brian's officially out.

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2016, 10:41:54 AM »

I see this happening, maybe not for a full time temp job, but at least as a kind of guest appearance in a couple of shows...
Look at this post of Tommy in facebook https://www.facebook.com/tommystinson/photos/a.338398657647.151471.297029947647/10153604560502648/?type=3&theater

peace peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2016, 01:38:19 PM »

I always thought Axl would do that only for Queen. Which would be way better, IMHO.

To different of a voice..
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2016, 02:27:43 PM »

If Axl is to do the 10 remaining shows in the US only, not the European ones, I can see them rescheduling for June.

The GNR tour is rumored to start in July.

It'll be a busy period for Axl though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2016, 02:32:19 PM »

If Axl is to do the 10 remaining shows in the US only, not the European ones, I can see them rescheduling for June.

I would think they would look to kick back off in May to give Axl 30ish days to wind down before the GnR kicks off.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2016, 02:34:05 PM »

I would think they would look to kick back off in May to give Axl 30ish days to wind down before the GnR kicks off.

AC/DC still has all the European dates listed for May, not yet postponed.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Annie
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2016, 02:39:47 PM »

Well if it is true, I will take a trip to NYC Madison Square Garden for sure! Then I could also see Les Miz one final time before it closes on Broadway. Smiley
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »

AC/DC still has all the European dates listed for May, not yet postponed.

The rumor I was reading on the AC/DC forums is that the Euro Dates would/could get postponed in an effort to get Brian back. Not sure what would change with his health status, but they seem to think he'll be back.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: