Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228066 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Layout of new gigs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Layout of new gigs  (Read 4633 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« on: April 07, 2016, 06:04:55 PM »

Does anyone know why the majority of tickets are seated for the new tour? Is that usual in America?

I've never seen a stadium (in the UK) have seats on the floor before- normally that area is entirely standing. It is even for tours by the likes of Beyonce and Rhianna.

Why is it mostly seating? I can't figure it out- less capacity, and surely people prefer to stand at a rock gig?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 07:45:07 PM »

Regarding stadiums, I believe it's due to the Americans with Disabilities Act. The newer venues have to provide reasonable accommodations  for people with disabilities.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 08:00:59 PM »

Does anyone know why the majority of tickets are seated for the new tour? Is that usual in America?

I've never seen a stadium (in the UK) have seats on the floor before- normally that area is entirely standing. It is even for tours by the likes of Beyonce and Rhianna.

Why is it mostly seating? I can't figure it out- less capacity, and surely people prefer to stand at a rock gig?

It's normal now I'd say for most part. Didn't used to always be that way although I was at Monsters of Rock in 88 at the LA Coliseum. I'll never forget I was amazed they had chairs on the floor. When Metallica hit the stage all hell broke lose and people rushed the stage from the bowl a few songs in they had to stop the show cause people where bashing over chairs falling down getting trampled. When they stopped the show they told everyone to throw the chairs on stage so they could get rid of them.  Our seats where up in the bowl and after Metallica security gave up and you just go down on the floor and me and my buddy did and muscled our way real close.  I remember it being the stupidest idea to have chairs on the floor.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc11Og9Qmh0

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:05:25 PM »

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the age of the band and it's followers...but it makes sense to me.  I actually love that I can be on ground level and not have to stand for 6-8 hours if you want to get a good position.  With seats, you can sit and relax.  Then stand when they hit the stage. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
GNR1977
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 12:37:59 AM »

Not used  to having seats on the floor in Europe.  Hope they won't do that if and when they come to europe. Coachella doesn't  have seats  Wink

05-06-1993 Nijmegen
24-06-2006 Dessel
03-10-2010 Arnhem
04-06-2012 Rotterdam
23-04-2016 Indio, ca
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 01:37:48 AM »

I think history has proven that it's safer without seats on the floor when it comes to a rock show.

Can't really see what's the benefit anyway..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 02:06:18 AM »

It's normal now I'd say for most part. Didn't used to always be that way although I was at Monsters of Rock in 88 at the LA Coliseum. I'll never forget I was amazed they had chairs on the floor. When Metallica hit the stage all hell broke lose and people rushed the stage from the bowl a few songs in they had to stop the show cause people where bashing over chairs falling down getting trampled. When they stopped the show they told everyone to throw the chairs on stage so they could get rid of them.  Our seats where up in the bowl and after Metallica security gave up and you just go down on the floor and me and my buddy did and muscled our way real close.  I remember it being the stupidest idea to have chairs on the floor.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc11Og9Qmh0

god damn, the people that were throwing chairs in that clip were such dicks. why not just hand them from person to person? unless Im missing something, it's like they were trying to hurt people with them.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 03:05:26 AM »

I don't get the seats as well, especially if we are talking about a solid rock show. If you wanna get a seat go to the upper areas of the stadium. If you are on the ground you suppose to jump and rock. At least this is how it is done in Europe.

"...It don't really matter..."
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 03:20:48 AM »

I don't get the seats as well, especially if we are talking about a solid rock show. If you wanna get a seat go to the upper areas of the stadium. If you are on the ground you suppose to jump and rock. At least this is how it is done in Europe.

Yeah, and you'd probably see way better from the upper seats too.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 05:57:14 AM »

Arena shows are usually standing floors. I think stadiums are another matter. Larger space, harder to control.

Do the t-mobile shows have a seated floor?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 06:32:09 AM »

@ kaasupoltin's picture

that remind's me of dx's story about the pink concert he went to.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 09:28:04 AM »

Unless I'm up front, I prefer the seats.....
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »

They need seats so they can have something to rip up and throw in case there's a riot!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: