Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 02:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  30th AFD Anniversary Limited Edition Collection
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 30th AFD Anniversary Limited Edition Collection  (Read 3691 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: November 02, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »

Guns N' Roses‏ @gunsnroses

The Appetite For Destruction Capsule Collection is now available!
Get limited edition items while supplies last...
http://bit.ly/2hz6dme

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »

Got the nightrain presale code but nothing of interest to me here and all over priced.

Give me anything music related and they can have all my money
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 09:34:53 PM »

Yeah, I don't really understand what's the point of this sale. There's tons of AFD t-shirts on the net for half the price. Anniversary was a few months ago, why bringing this back now?

Why not release or re-release AFD, add the Troubadour show video, do a box set or something, and I'm not even talking new music. Just NITLT material and AFD re-release. I would buy in a heartbeat. Oh, well. Not to bash, but seems like TB are not marketing geniuses, to put it very mildly.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:36:24 PM by adydas78 » Logged
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »

Are the 'crop' shirts supposed to be like '80s style?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 06:55:53 AM »

Got the nightrain presale code but nothing of interest to me here and all over priced.

Give me anything music related and they can have all my money

My thoughts exactly. Seems a constant flow of shirt options.....

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 08:22:24 AM »

I can go to my local Kohls or Target and get 10 different options on GnR T shirts priced anywhere from $12 -$20

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 10:30:55 AM »

Yeah, give me music (even a vinyl reissue?), and I will throw hundies at them.

Nothing there really jumps out at me.

I wouldn't mind a nice backpack, either........

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »

Yeah, Jesus Christ GNR. THIS is the 30th Anniversary collection?? Really???
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 11:03:43 AM »

It's got to a ludicrous level with the shirts now: the wormhole stuff, the various pop-up shops, the tour stuff, the AFD 30 collection, the Harley Davidson team-up shirts, the Halloween shirts....not to mention the fact that seemingly every chain store in the land seems to be flogging them. Surely there's no demand for all this stuff anymore? And I speak as a big merchandise collector!

Give us something music wise, and it would be great. A live album from NITL wold keep us happy for a bit.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 11:17:55 AM »

It's got to a ludicrous level with the shirts now: the wormhole stuff, the various pop-up shops, the tour stuff, the AFD 30 collection, the Harley Davidson team-up shirts, the Halloween shirts....not to mention the fact that seemingly every chain store in the land seems to be flogging them. Surely there's no demand for all this stuff anymore? And I speak as a big merchandise collector!

Give us something music wise, and it would be great. A live album from NITL wold keep us happy for a bit.

I suspect the level of merch buys from more casual fans who are coming back to the band might surprise you. Wink

If it weren't selling, they probably wouldn't keep putting it out.  And the stores are likely doing well given how prominently I keep seeing the shirts featured.

I'm hoping Kohls/Target has a good sale for the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I'm stocking up.  Lots of my shirts are getting worn out (they're YEARS old....one of them is 1989 original and needs to be retired/framed).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »

I suspect the level of merch buys from more casual fans who are coming back to the band might surprise you. Wink

If it weren't selling, they probably wouldn't keep putting it out.  And the stores are likely doing well given how prominently I keep seeing the shirts featured.

I'm hoping Kohls/Target has a good sale for the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I'm stocking up.  Lots of my shirts are getting worn out (they're YEARS old....one of them is 1989 original and needs to be retired/framed).

Pretty sure we've talked about this before, so apologies for going over old ground if so, but I think he majority of high street store shirt sales are coming from people with no interest in the band, who want to get the 'vintage band shirt' fashion look. Certainly the case over this side of the water- I get a bit sick of it really. I gave up when I struck up a conversation with someone on a bus about their shirt, who had no idea they were still going, let alone touring! All seems very fickle, and I firmly believe high street stores are just stocking them where five years ago they stocked Ramones/MC5 shirts.

I guess the margins are so high on all these shirts though (especially the ones sold through the official site). Shirts are selling for $40-$45 dollars, that are probably produced for about 50 cents. In that case, it really doesn't matter how well they sell - one sale would cover at least 45 losses! It's a no brainer to keep pushing shirts, financially.

I also think though that they're coming almost to try and keep people interested. The email that went out to Nightrain members about these shirts was made to look exciting, when really, it's just a load more shirts. Keeping people engaged is probably part of the thinking- even if they're not necessarily buying. The truth is though that the second this tour ends, all those casuals will go on to the next band, and without anything more substantial than shirts available, it'll be difficult to keep them interested. I must admit, the other day I was wondering what we'll find to talk about/discuss on here once the tour has finished, if no plans are forthcoming. I don't relish the return to endless speculation! 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: