Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2022, 08:47:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1222012 Posts in 42975 Topics by 8850 Members
Latest Member: AppetiteForMeows
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Gardening
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 18055 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2022, 02:21:35 PM »

My left hand has swollen up so bad I have no knuckles.   Angry

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #201 on: Yesterday at 12:05:22 AM »

I'd like to say I could make a comedy routine out of this but I was having trouble getting up the nerve.  Marsha identified them as yellow jackets with an in ground nest.  Research says they are very aggressive, especially this time of year and can sting you as many times as they want plus they chase you down.  Today is the first time I can painfully make a fist with my left hand. 

So I waited until real dark and temps below 50 and went out there with the wasp killer.  Found the opening to the nest with a flash light.  There was one wasp standing guard.  I sprayed the nest with a poisonous foam they have to fly through.  I'll check tomorrow to see if they are flying around.  Hope I don't have to do this again.  I may have developed a permanent fear of things buzzing around me.  Stung 5 times in two weeks, I earned this phobia.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #202 on: Yesterday at 09:10:28 AM »

I looked a couple of hours after I used the foam.  There was a couple on the ground outside the hole moving slowly.  I figured they were dying.  This morning there is a large hole about 6 inches deep, like the whole colony busted out of there at one time.  I hope they are gone.  I wonder where they went and I wouldn't blame them if they attacked me the next time they saw me.  I should probably spray the hole again.  I'll watch today and see if anything is going on.  The whole bed looks like some animal had a party in it.  It's scary.   nervous

cineater
Legend

« Reply #203 on: Yesterday at 12:01:00 PM »

Okay, now I'm just terrified.  hihi  I let Lily out the back door and she immediately goes to a dying wasp.  While I'm taking a picture of it, one flies out of the hole.  Lily goes back in the house with me.  And she won't go back out there!  She just sits at the door and looks out with her tail whipping about.  Yes, I'm laughing at the whole situation but I think it might be hysterics.   hihi

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: