Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:18:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 227918 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #400 on: August 25, 2020, 08:46:31 AM »

Have you considered that you have a bias?  Huh

Wait, wait, wait...I remember this game from third grade!

I know you are but what am I?

To put your little heart at ease: Yes, I've considered it.  And it's irrelevant.

I'm citing a widely held opinion that the speech was good, demonstrated mental alacrity, and validated Biden's ability to speak with emotion and understanding.

I'm also professionally familiar with neuro-trauma, neuro-deficit, and neurologic disease...and the way those things are tested for.  I'm not a clinician...but I have participated in the creation of, monitoring of, and analyzing of those tests and their results. I pretty much NEVER break out my CV in these discussions...but there you have it.

I'm also not goal post moving.  I did not, as many conservatives did, draw a line in the sand and say "Watch Biden's DNC speech" and then say "well now he has to debate" (something he did not many months ago, if you remember) and will likely then say "Well, now he has to do a live press conference".

I have also NOT ignored the foibles of the candidate I previously voted for and yet applied a double standard to the candidate running AGAINST the guy I voted for.  Watch Trump give a "straight from the teleprompter" speech.  See how he reads mostly without emotion, like a drone.  See how he often makes mistakes with the material, or drifts off topic via "riffing"?  See how he often outright lies when he doesn't have direct knowledge of the material or is uncomfortable with it?  

I'm not offering any diagnosis on Trump, here. That would be out of bounds. There could be many reasons he acts/speaks that way. But that you accept those potential symptoms in Trump (without notice or comment or speculation) and then go after Biden for "dementia"? At best, a show of bias.  At worst, a show of hypocrisy.

I'm no expert at neurological diseases, but anyone can see that Biden in 2020 is not the same as he was when he was VP.  

So, succinctly, you have no earthly clue what the fuck you are talking about....other than what your own bias, and your echo chamber news sources are telling you?

That about cover it?

"anyone can see", "many people are saying", "everyone knows it"....straight from the trump playbook.

Present some actual, factual, well founded, and hell...MEDICALLY based evidence of it.  You can't just declare it to be so and have it be so.  Especially when it comes to medical conditions...diagnosis like that is irresponsible, reckless, and unethical. As I've said in previous posts on this topic.  It's no better when people diagnose Trump with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

FOX NEWS acknowledged it was a good speech. Laura fucking Ingraham acknowledged it was a good speech. YOU acknowledged it was a good speech.

The only reason you "need more" is because you're in the tank for Trump...and are being told that there is mental illness/deficit there to see.  Not because there is actually any concrete evidence of it. And this speech shows exactly that point.  If he can make that speech, the way he did, after sundown....with stamina, alacrity, and emotion....there's no case to be made that he's suffering from dementia, senility, or any other significant mental decline.

Dealing with a stutter is not dementia, FYI.  And, as you said, you wouldn't know the difference anyway.

Again, watch clips of Biden when he was VP and prior and compare them to some of the more recent stuff. You'll see a difference in him. Must be my lying eyes? I am not referring to the highly produced, edited or reading from a prompter where all his lines were rehearsed and fed to him.  Situations where he speaks off script. I am not diagnosing him with a particular disease. I'm stating my observation. Not sure why this gets you so mad and you feel the need to once again tell me what I'm thinking by responding to my 2 sentences with your multi paragraph response with personal digs. There really isn't a need for it. We can have a debate without the 3rd grade putting my little heart at ease bullshit comments.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 08:48:43 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #401 on: August 25, 2020, 09:32:56 AM »

RNC convention - night 1, I watched some parts of it and a few things that stuck out......

The GOP is trying hard to go after black voters , I am happy they're putting in a lot of effort to go after a voting block the democrats have taken for granted for decades and offering different solutions.  Also, unlike the DNC, there was mention of policies. And they talked about the riots in the cities that the Dems pretended were not happening. Tim Scott offered a very good speech to close the night out, the highlight of day 1.

I did have to turn it off at times because sometimes you get tired of hearing people tell you how great Trump is. He has his faults and some of the praise was a bit much. They would be better served if they can focus more on what their vision would be for next 4 years as that is what is on the minds of the voters.  Also, Fox News coverage sucked. They would cut away from speeches to have someone talk about the speech. WTF? Ill be watching a different network tonight.

So still not as watchable as years past, but it doesn't seem as canned as the DNC was last week.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #402 on: August 25, 2020, 11:28:15 AM »

Again, watch clips of Biden when he was VP and prior and compare them to some of the more recent stuff. You'll see a difference in him. Must be my lying eyes?

That's not evidence, it's anecdote.  And yes...your lying eyes...because of your bias and your lack of knowledge on the subject. Facts we've already established in this conversation.

I've watched a LOT of Biden over the years. Since back in the 80's. Off the cuff is where he struggles most obviously with his stutter, and makes the most gaffes.  Always has. But again, that's anecdote, not evidence.

The speech he gave at the DNC is evidence.  And compelling evidence. And thats not just me saying it. It's Fox News. It's Laura Ingraham. EVEN YOU SAID IT.  It's people who would like nothing better than to say it wasn't.

And then you discounted it. Through ignorance and bias.

Why do you have such a hard time recognizing your own bias, here? Do you honestly think you're an objective judge of Biden's mental capabilities?

I am not referring to the highly produced, edited or reading from a prompter where all his lines were rehearsed and fed to him.  Situations where he speaks off script.

Goal. Post. Moving.

I am not diagnosing him with a particular disease. I'm stating my observation. Not sure why this gets you so mad and you feel the need to once again tell me what I'm thinking by responding to my 2 sentences with your multi paragraph response with personal digs. There really isn't a need for it. We can have a debate without the 3rd grade putting my little heart at ease bullshit comments.

You are stating a biased observation with absolutely no basis in fact or evidence, with significant (and recent) evidence to the contrary. And, when confronted with that evidence, you decided the best tactic was to very obviously move the goal posts.  You are also INSINUATING (with a pretty obvious wink wink nudge nudge) neurological deficit and mental decline. Because elsewise, what is your point?  

So, since it's entirely appropriate to your response (again), I will quote to you exactly what I said the LAST time you engaged in such reckless, unethical, baseless speculation:

Ahh, victimhood.....never a good look. If we are not here to post our reactions.....what IS the point of a discussion board? Sorry that you cant get validation for saying ill advised things on the internet.

What amazes me is people who have zero medical knowledge who think they can diagnose someones mental capacity without ever having met them, having no knowledge or experience with that persons medical history, and who dont feel at all bad about it. Its a terrible practice, no matter who its applied to (including Trump).

Its not about a different opinion. Its about pointing out hypocrisy, an irresponsible opinion based on zero knowledge, experience, or evidence, and borderline libel/slander. And when asked for proof, getting......nothing.

Dont like it? Tough.

So now you can play the victim again.  Keep using that same playbook!!  I'm again sorry (not sorry) you dislike having the mirror held up to your posts.

And still no evidence other than your "observations". Observations colored by your bias, and supported by ignorance on the subject matter.  Surely you see why people are going to call you on your bullshit?

And the old tired argument that "you write too much".  Too bad.  I don't really care about your critiques on my writing style or length. They aren't changing. Read, don't read, respond, don't respond. But I could care less about the bitching. Since you seem very concerned about "length", here....realize you're wasting words in your responses on that topic. I don't care, nobody with any influence on the moderation of these forums cares, and my style is my style.

To provide you with a summary so you don't have to read the paragraphs above:

You're biased. You don't know jack about what you're talking about. And it bugs you when that's pointed out, which bothers me not at all. And you like to goal post move. Oh, and I don't care what you think about my writing style.

Now that that's clear, we can all move on.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 11:56:26 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #403 on: August 25, 2020, 11:49:28 AM »

Also, just want to be clear, here.

You are totallly OK with this?

I'm not sure why you can not concede that I have a valid point here. I know you have a tough time with that  hihi

But are completely butt hurt when I point out that you are essentially using a school yard "debate" tactic, here:

Wait, wait, wait...I remember this game from third grade!

I know you are but what am I?

That about right?

Doesn't seem like a double standard to you?

I mean, both seem pretty tame to me...and I wouldn't even mention the first (notice I didn't), but...you brought it up.....

Hope this was short enough for you.

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #404 on: August 25, 2020, 12:57:54 PM »

Note the smiley face Pilferk.  That was meant for levity.

Your arguments are in an exercise of attrition, to be honest my time is more valuable then to refute every point and counterpoint when my opinion is a valid one that you choose not to see objectively. It is obvious you strongly disagree , but remember this isn't facebook or Twitter, we all  have a common interest in GNR that's why were here.  We dont need to be assholes towards one another.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #405 on: August 25, 2020, 01:04:30 PM »

What have you done for BLM?

I called it! Thanks for proving my point by once again completely failing to make a substantive argument on the facts at hand. You divert yet again with a hilariously obvious non-sequitur. What in the world could my involvement in BLM have to do with your racist comments?

BTW, I have donated to BLM and my local bail fund, as well as attended PEACEFUL protests. I'm sorry I don't fit your hilarious caricature of a progressive "virtue signaler" [insert more buzzwords here]. It really displays how completely disconnected you are from reality that you actually think liberals are the absurd strawman they tell you on Fox News.

You should get out more. Try actually talking to progressive people, in good faith. If you're even capable of good faith discourse, that is. I don't see much evidence, sadly. The Failing Sandman racks up another loss!

Can u convince mommy to give up “your” house and give it to black people?

rofl rofl rofl

... what? You're not one of those nutbags who thinks BLM is Marxist or something are you? Also, that's not what Marxism is anyway. I'm sorry you're so ignorant of political theory, but if that's the case, just refrain from opining on theory you have't read. It's really that simple. Intelligent people don't form opinions on subjects they're ignorant of.

Back on topic, I accept your tacit concession on the fact that your comment was racist.  ok

so you donated to some "organization" which you have no idea how they use your money to benefit black communities. and you attended a protest. WOW. you are really committed to the cause! i'm sure the black community is really thankful for everything you do. and don't forget that you "refuse to stay silent" by posting stuff online. I know black people really appreciate your efforts and would never suggest that being "vocal" online just makes white people feel good about themselves but doesn't do much for their communities.  

If you truly supported BLM and believed in white privilege, you would give all of your wealth. that's what they are asking for. give up your home, or whatever the hell you might own. I'm assuming you don't own much, so maybe you could get a job and pay a black family's rent for a few years. commit to the cause! again, if you truly support it, why would you not obey their demands?

now, if you wanted to take a sane approach to helping the black community, I am going to give you some friendly advise on how to help:
- volunteer at a youth center.
- organize (or participate in) a massive clean-up of black communities (picking up trash and painting walls).
- buy a black teenager a stock - one share of a great company - and tell him to research and understand what he owns.
- organize a food drive for poor communities.
- coach sports teams in troubled neighborhoods and fight to get them in leagues in wealthy townships.  
- start a small business and hire minorities.
- become successful and push for your company to work with minority owned businesses.
- become successful and hire minorities at your company.

these are all things that me and a number of my friends have done over the past 30 years. we've made an actual difference in many people's lives.

but the Dems don't want to actually help black communities. they enslave them, keep them down, and keep them dependent. cause if they actually cared, they would give far better advice to people like you.

as for the Marxist comment, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. you accuse me of having a viewpoint, then you don't, then you criticize me for not understanding something I never commented on. are you on drugs? more friendly advice. stop doing drugs.  

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #406 on: August 25, 2020, 03:30:01 PM »

Note the smiley face Pilferk.  That was meant for levity.

Your arguments are in an exercise of attrition, to be honest my time is more valuable then to refute every point and counterpoint when my opinion is a valid one that you choose not to see objectively. It is obvious you strongly disagree , but remember this isn't facebook or Twitter, we all  have a common interest in GNR that's why were here.  We dont need to be assholes towards one another.

So, to be clear:

It's OK to take the piss as long as we add emoticons afterwards.

Duly noted.

Such hypocrisy.  hihi rofl Grin beer smoking ok

And your opinion might be valid to you...since your bias isn't going to let you make objective observations. Something you won't acknowledge which undermines your opinions validity. In addition, that opinion is utter tripe in terms of an ongoing discussion. Especially post the DNC speech. You have nothing rational or realistic to base it on...except goal post moving. So why should anyone take it seriously?

You are completely entitled to your opinion.

Just as I am entitled to tell why you are wrong.

Tongue
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 03:49:24 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #407 on: August 25, 2020, 03:35:29 PM »

Note the smiley face Pilferk.  That was meant for levity.

Your arguments are in an exercise of attrition, to be honest my time is more valuable then to refute every point and counterpoint when my opinion is a valid one that you choose not to see objectively. It is obvious you strongly disagree , but remember this isn't facebook or Twitter, we all  have a common interest in GNR that's why were here.  We dont need to be assholes towards one another.

So, to be clear:

Duly noted.

Such hypocrisy.  hihi rofl Grin beer smoking ok

I didn't add it afterwards.  Go look at the post a few pages back from Aug 21st and you will see it was never edited from when I originally posted it.

Hypocrisy??   I really think you like to argue for the sake of arguing.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #408 on: August 25, 2020, 03:39:11 PM »

Your arguments are in an exercise of attrition, to be honest my time is more valuable then to refute every point and counterpoint when my opinion is a valid one that you choose not to see objectively. It is obvious you strongly disagree , but remember this isn't facebook or Twitter, we all  have a common interest in GNR that's why were here.  We dont need to be assholes towards one another.

So, to be clear:

Duly noted.

I didn't add it afterwards.  Go look at the post a few pages back from Aug 21st and you will see it was never edited from when I originally posted it.

Hypocrisy??   I really think you like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Afterwards as in following the comment in question. Literally after words. As the context of me adding emoticons after the hypocrisy comment shows you.

Point out where I said you edited it?

Yeah....more point proving.

Keep in mind, you're the one getting butt hurt here. I'm simply using your own words as an example to once again show you: Pot. Kettle. Black.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 03:45:05 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #409 on: August 25, 2020, 06:32:52 PM »

So, to be clear:

Duly noted.

I didn't add it afterwards.  Go look at the post a few pages back from Aug 21st and you will see it was never edited from when I originally posted it.

Hypocrisy??   I really think you like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Afterwards as in following the comment in question. Literally after words. As the context of me adding emoticons after the hypocrisy comment shows you.

Point out where I said you edited it?

Yeah....more point proving.

Keep in mind, you're the one getting butt hurt here. I'm simply using your own words as an example to once again show you: Pot. Kettle. Black.

You've got an odd obsession of having to be right all of the time is my takeaway from today's well whatever the fuck this was that we've been going back and forth about.   Ill leave you alone, this is not constructive and a waste of time.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
cineater
Legend

« Reply #410 on: August 25, 2020, 07:32:54 PM »

RNC convention - night 1, I watched some parts of it and a few things that stuck out......

The GOP is trying hard to go after black voters , I am happy they're putting in a lot of effort to go after a voting block the democrats have taken for granted for decades and offering different solutions.  Also, unlike the DNC, there was mention of policies. And they talked about the riots in the cities that the Dems pretended were not happening. Tim Scott offered a very good speech to close the night out, the highlight of day 1.

I did have to turn it off at times because sometimes you get tired of hearing people tell you how great Trump is. He has his faults and some of the praise was a bit much. They would be better served if they can focus more on what their vision would be for next 4 years as that is what is on the minds of the voters.  Also, Fox News coverage sucked. They would cut away from speeches to have someone talk about the speech. WTF? Ill be watching a different network tonight.

So still not as watchable as years past, but it doesn't seem as canned as the DNC was last week.

I watched NBC and they did the same thing after the speech.  Maybe they were required to do filler time while the next speech was set up.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #411 on: August 25, 2020, 11:06:32 PM »

I am happy they're putting in a lot of effort to go after a voting block the democrats have taken for granted for decades and offering different solutions.  

Solutions? Like what?

And they talked about the riots in the cities that the Dems pretended were not happening.

Yes, because one party is only interested in fear mongering instead of fixing the underlying issues that caused protests and sporadic misdemeanor property damage.

Also, unlike the DNC, there was mention of policies.

Yes, policies like "Isn't Trump handsome?"  rofl

Excuse me, policies like "They’ll disarm you, empty the prisons, lock you in your home and invite MS-13 to live next door."  rofl rofl rofl

"I’m Congressman Matt Gaetz, I’m speaking to you from an auditorium emptier than Joe Biden’s daily schedule."

This is literally a clown show. Matt Gaetz opened with the juvenile insult of a grade schooler. At a national political convention to nominate the president.
What has happened to America?  Cry

People, we need to get this criminal thug Crooked Trump out of the White House.
Look at the disgrace they have made this country in just 4 years; we're swarming with crime, disease and economic ruin.
It's time to restore law and order and make America great again by electing Joe Biden.

Not sure why this gets you so mad and you feel the need to once again tell me what I'm thinking by responding to my 2 sentences with your multi paragraph response with personal digs. There really isn't a need for it. We can have a debate without the 3rd grade putting my little heart at ease bullshit comments.

Dishonest Discourse 101:

1. Paint your opponent as emotional no matter how obviously baseless the accusation is.
2. Paint yourself as the victim, suggest they are strawmanning you, but don't offer any specific explanation of which words they have supposedly put in your mouth. Specifics are the enemy. Be vague.
3. Suggest that it is in fact a bad thing that your opponent has offered thoughtful explanations because they are long and boring (or whatever purely aesthetic tone policing fits). Tie this back into #1 by suggesting his he is not elucidating, but rather ranting. You want him on the playing field of simplistic thought-terminating cliches, not nuanced, intelligent discourse.
4. Finally, focus on some small, trivial offhand comment that you can construe as somehow offensive, even though your whole grand narrative rests on painting the left as easily offended. Even though you've been repeatedly called out for juvenile insults and just the comment prior, belittled him with the suggestion that he is too dumb to check his own bias. Do not worry about the hypocrisy. You may look like a cheap partisan hack but the name of the game is simply making him look worse than you've made yourself look, by any means necessary.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 11:26:45 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #412 on: August 25, 2020, 11:07:29 PM »

I mean, both seem pretty tame to me...and I wouldn't even mention the first (notice I didn't), but...you brought it up.....

Hope this was short enough for you.

Pilferk stop, he's very delicate!  rofl rofl rofl

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #413 on: August 25, 2020, 11:09:36 PM »

I believe calling somebody an "asshole" is against the rules here.

Look, it's obvious you strongly disagree, but remember this isn't facebook or Twitter, we all have a common interest in GNR that's why were here. We don't need to be rude towards one another.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #414 on: August 25, 2020, 11:15:16 PM »

I called it! Thanks for proving my point by once again completely failing to make a substantive argument on the facts at hand. You divert yet again with a hilariously obvious non-sequitur. What in the world could my involvement in BLM have to do with your racist comments?

BTW, I have donated to BLM and my local bail fund, as well as attended PEACEFUL protests. I'm sorry I don't fit your hilarious caricature of a progressive "virtue signaler" [insert more buzzwords here]. It really displays how completely disconnected you are from reality that you actually think liberals are the absurd strawman they tell you on Fox News.

You should get out more. Try actually talking to progressive people, in good faith. If you're even capable of good faith discourse, that is. I don't see much evidence, sadly. The Failing Sandman racks up another loss!

rofl rofl rofl

... what? You're not one of those nutbags who thinks BLM is Marxist or something are you? Also, that's not what Marxism is anyway. I'm sorry you're so ignorant of political theory, but if that's the case, just refrain from opining on theory you have't read. It's really that simple. Intelligent people don't form opinions on subjects they're ignorant of.

Back on topic, I accept your tacit concession on the fact that your comment was racist.  ok

so you donated to some "organization" which you have no idea how they use your money to benefit black communities. and you attended a protest. WOW. you are really committed to the cause! i'm sure the black community is really thankful for everything you do. and don't forget that you "refuse to stay silent" by posting stuff online. I know black people really appreciate your efforts and would never suggest that being "vocal" online just makes white people feel good about themselves but doesn't do much for their communities. 

If you truly supported BLM and believed in white privilege, you would give all of your wealth. that's what they are asking for. give up your home, or whatever the hell you might own. I'm assuming you don't own much, so maybe you could get a job and pay a black family's rent for a few years. commit to the cause! again, if you truly support it, why would you not obey their demands?

now, if you wanted to take a sane approach to helping the black community, I am going to give you some friendly advise on how to help:
- organize (or participate in) a massive clean-up of black communities (picking up trash and painting walls).
- buy a black teenager a stock - one share of a great company - and tell him to research and understand what he owns.
- coach sports teams in troubled neighborhoods and fight to get them in leagues in wealthy townships. 
- become successful and push for your company to work with minority owned businesses.

these are all things that me and a number of my friends have done over the past 30 years. we've made an actual difference in many people's lives.

but the Dems don't want to actually help black communities. they enslave them, keep them down, and keep them dependent. cause if they actually cared, they would give far better advice to people like you.

as for the Marxist comment, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. you accuse me of having a viewpoint, then you don't, then you criticize me for not understanding something I never commented on. are you on drugs? more friendly advice. stop doing drugs. 

Now everyone pay attention to the fact that he's completely diverted 180 degrees from the subject of discussion because he cannot concede like an honest person debating in good faith. It's really sad, isn't it? He makes a racist comment and tries to dodge accountability by pulling a complete non-sequitur and turning attention around on the person calling him out.

You've wasted your breath. I'm not engaging in your diversion game. Oops! The Failing Sandman racks up another loss!

If you would like to talk about BLM, I'd be happy to discredit your angry little rant only AFTER you take some personal responsibility for your comments like a big boy.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 11:30:14 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2020, 11:24:07 PM »

So, to be clear:

Duly noted.

You have to remember their tactics; when you get called out for saying something stupid or racist, you simply claim "it was a joke!". In fact, add laughing emojis to all of your posts for plausible deniability!

You've got an odd obsession of having to be right all of the time

Those darn leftists and their ... [checks notes] ... devotion to accuracy!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2020, 05:20:33 AM »

I've seen Alzheimer's and dementia up close and personal. My Grandma had Alzheimer's and my Grandpa Dementia. If Biden was bad off as you are insisting he would not even be able to stay on track to read a speech for 24 minutes straight My Grandma before she was even bedridden could get up for something in the kitchen and forget before she gets there. The kitchen wasn't 10 feet away.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #417 on: August 26, 2020, 05:23:36 AM »

rofl rofl rofl

I don't think you understand white privilege is.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #418 on: August 26, 2020, 06:14:00 AM »

This is out of necessity, not because the particularly care. They need their votes. Trump is losing support in the suburbs among college educated, primarily among women. They were  a big part of why he won in 2016. Think i'm wrong? I know 2 people personally who have soured on Trump that voted for him. One of them in the all important Michigan.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #419 on: August 26, 2020, 06:36:41 AM »

You've got an odd obsession of having to be right all of the time is my takeaway from today's well whatever the fuck this was that we've been going back and forth about.   Ill leave you alone, this is not constructive and a waste of time.

Warning: Reading of this post may require the use of Tucks Medicated Pads upon completion.  hihi rofl

It's also long.  Summary included at the bottom.

Oh. My. God.  I'm literally laughing out loud right now.  The way you have served up irony, with a healthy dose of hypocrisy, in just these two lines is a fucking comedic masterpiece.

Let's revisit how this discussion started:

I replied TO TIM, who questioned how people could question Biden's mental state.

In that reply, I agreed with tim and said that speech was enough to put those questions to bed ,EXCEPT for those who had "drunk the kool aid" (aka were overwhelmingly biased toward Trump) or trolls.

It sure looks like you were SO GINNED UP by that comment, because of the fact that it portrayed your previous comments as wrong (and that you holding that opinion was based on bias) , you had to chime in. And goal post move.

And in doing so, you completely proved my point.  And now, I can harken back to that and prove yet ANOTHER point.

So....who is it that is obsessed with being right all the time?  Riiiiggggghhhhhttttt.

YOU started this conversation likely because of your righteous indignation over the implication that you might be biased (which we've now proved, beyond all shadow of a doubt) and that your "observations" might be tainted.  YOU started this conversation seemingly because you couldn't take being wrong, or someone implying you were wrong, in a conversation YOU WEREN'T EVEN INVOLVED IN. YOU decided to start this conversation to SPECIFICALLY move the goal posts, so you could try to be "right".

At every turn in this conversation, you make accusations, lay blame, or call out tactics that YOU HAVE ENGAGED IN WITHIN THIS VERY DISCUSSION. You play the victim, and clutch those pearls, as soon as you are put on the defensive....over things you've actually done (and in most cases done first).  It's actually funny.  And that you lack self awareness enough to see it makes it even funnier.  That this is Trumps playbook makes it triply so.  

Short summary for you:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Irony (seasoned with hypocrisy).....it's what's for dinner.   Grin rofl smoking

Is this where the young whippersnappers would include a *mic drop*?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 07:18:12 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: