Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:27:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Biden administration (was: The NEW 2020 Election Thread)  (Read 227965 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #480 on: August 30, 2020, 09:23:04 AM »

Portland protestors murdered a man last night. Still looking for details.

Protestors celebrated the death. Danced while leaders said they were glad. Referenced the dead man as trash.

In DC, BLM leaders encouraged fighting and killing cops.

Protestors continue to harass random people, blocking traffic and threatening to kill, or disrupting people eating at restaurants.

This is all domestic terrorism. Supported by liberals who continue to say they are “mostly peaceful”.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #481 on: August 30, 2020, 07:41:57 PM »

Looks like more Trumo supporters instigating and beating up protestors this weekend in Portland with tragic consequences. Sad
 https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/portland-killing-trump-caravan-civil-war-20200830.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 09:46:30 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #482 on: August 30, 2020, 11:35:42 PM »

Fair enough on the racist accusation. I sometimes forget who said what and who i am resppnding to. So i can relate. Honestly not sure if i defended a comment from the senator, but i will check.

Let’s be careful with calling each other racist or anything else vial. Thats a serious accusation and we shouldnt throw that around too loosely.

Is this the new Civil Sandman?

Do you really not see the problem here? You're more concerned with the word "racist" than the act of racism.

You're also conflating the identification of racist or prejudiced statements with calling someone a racist, as in thoroughly and categorically. Lots of people who are not through-and-through racists can have prejudiced thoughts from time to time. It is our responsibility to constantly check ourselves as to whether we are being prejudiced or not, and when we fail, it is necessary for someone else to point it out. If you have a problem with pointing out racism where it exists, you're only enabling it to grow unchecked.

Calling out racism is not "vile". Hell, even if it is mistaken, that does not rise to the level of "vile". Racism is vile. Let's not conflate the evil of racism with name calling.

I’ve never sensed any racist feelings among any of the primary posters in these political threads.

I have.

again, you accuse me of saying things or having opinions that are not true, in order to try to make me look bad.

I NEVER SAID OR IMPLIED that I am "more concerned" with being called a racist than the act of racism. NEVER.

Welp, that civility didn't last long!   Cry

I never said that you admitted to being more concerned with being called racist than racism itself. I was simply pointing out the relative amounts of concern you've expressed here. Once again, you accuse me of saying things or having opinions that are not true, in order to try to make me look bad.

you lie and make shit up about those you argue with. you have done this repeatedly in this thread.

Funny, because you completely dropped your insistence that I was lying about Senator's comment being racist. When have I lied?

it seems like you are desperate to paint those you disagree with as horrible humans.

... says the guy calling me a "repeat liar" and suggesting I create cesspools. You are dripping with hatred right now. I think you need to take a step back, control your emotions and take a long look in the mirror, bud.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #483 on: August 30, 2020, 11:51:24 PM »

https://nypost.com/2020/08/27/cnn-blasted-for-caption-calling-kenosha-protests-fiery-but-mostly-peaceful/

the screen shot of CNN with this ridiculous headline is one of my favorite photos of the continued riots. 2nd would be a business with a "black lives matter" sign out front completely engulfed in flames.

it is good to see the media and some on the left actually starting to condemn the riots (after arguing that they didn't really exist for months).

shifting polls will have that impact.

Fire scary! Orange man good!

I didn't know an chemical reaction could be "violent". Here I am, thinking violence can only be engaged in by living beings and enacted against other living beings. Silly me!

It also says a lot about how you're captivated by optics instead of facts that you didn't even consider that the BLM sign could have been put on the business after the fact. I also don't see this supposed image anywhere.

And I love how if a new poll comes out that's bad for Trump, you will say "it's just one poll", but when a single poll shows any slight bump for him despite no discernible larger trend, you imply it's a shifting tide.

You know where the examples are. Spring of 2017. 

Three and a half years is a long time to hold a grudge, dude.

I have not taken this board seriously since then.

Well that explains a lot!  rofl

(Just a joke, don't get offended. I know you're delicate so from now on I will try to specify when I'm joking just for you.  ok)

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #484 on: August 30, 2020, 11:56:04 PM »

this is classic.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2020/08/26/protesters-scream-and-surround-woman-restaurant-dc/5633170002/

protestors fighting "fascism" terrorize citizens and force them to do their special salute.

These people are idiots,, there's just no other way to describe them.

To be fair, we don't know the context of what that woman may have done before the video started.

He's isn't wrong. Look into the Lincoln Project. There are plenty of people on the right that don't like him at all. Don't equate members or the house and senate with the average republican. Those idiots have no backbone, there are many moderate who want to vote against him and want him gone. Their recent issue with Biden which is related to the polls getting closer is support for reinstating the assault weapons ban.

The Lincoln Project does not even represent a fraction of a percent of the GOP base. Among republicans, Trump's approval has remained steady at just shy of 90%.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #485 on: August 31, 2020, 12:13:33 AM »

Portland protestors murdered a man last night. Still looking for details.

Protestors celebrated the death. Danced while leaders said they were glad. Referenced the dead man as trash.

It perfectly displays your partisan bias that you have nothing to say about armed thug Kyle Rittenhouse murdering TWO BLM supporters in Kenosha, but you've jumped on this.

It also says a lot that you admit you're still looking for details but you've already decided that the killer was a protester and that it was not self defense. Interesting.

The only thing we do seem to know about the incident is that the man who was killed was a member of "Patriot Prayer", a violent extremist right wing terrorist group who works together with the white supremacist terrorist organization Proud Boys. The leader of Patriot Prayer had threatened to murder not only protesters but also the mayor of Portland.

“You’re gonna be getting knives put into your throat. You’re going to be getting bullets put into your head if you don’t stop this shit with us,”

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2020/08/30/what-we-know-about-patriot-prayer

So the question here is, do you not consider white supremacist terrorists to be trash?

And of course, the fact remains that THIS IS TRUMP'S AMERICA. A country torn apart by racial division and where you have far right fascist terrorists violently clashing with civil rights protesters in the streets.

In DC, BLM leaders encouraged fighting and killing cops.

You're going to need to back up your claims with a source for once, bud.

Protestors continue to harass random people, blocking traffic and threatening to kill, or disrupting people eating at restaurants.

IDK about you, but I consider blocking traffic and disrupting a meal to be pretty tame responses to the extrajudicial murder of unarmed citizens by a tyrannical government.

This is all domestic terrorism.

Well, there you have it; to the right, self defense and exercising of your first amendment right is "domestic terrorism". You are not allowed to defend yourself. You are not allowed to engage in civil disobedience.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #486 on: August 31, 2020, 02:16:56 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/28/politics/donald-trump-2nd-term-new-york-times/index.html

nervous
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #487 on: August 31, 2020, 10:14:23 AM »

Well, there you have it; to the right, self defense and exercising of your first amendment right is "domestic terrorism". You are not allowed to defend yourself. You are not allowed to engage in civil disobedience.

Its all "I should be able to say whatever I want, bear arms on the steps of the state capital, and protest mask wearing orders" (all while facing zero consequences) but anyone who disagrees with me should STFU, shouldn't protest, and if you do, I'm gonna threaten to beat the shit out of you...or actually try to beat the shit out of you or run you over...and you have to stand there and take the beating.

It's ridiculous.

And continually ginned up by this president so he has a "Law and Order" talking point...the only thing that has "stuck" even a little so far.

The problem is: He's in charge NOW.  This is Trump's America, not Bidens.  Typical Trump: Take credit for things the other guys largely did and blame the guys not in office for his mistakes.

And his supporters gobble it up like it's the last churro at the county fair.  Case in point this "Patriot Prayer" garbage.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 10:16:38 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #488 on: August 31, 2020, 11:55:08 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBu0BRTx2x8

Sorry all you right wing supporters. It's from the "mainstream media". Not some Internet blogger or Youtube channel with a questionable background.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #489 on: August 31, 2020, 12:01:07 PM »

Sorry all you right wing supporters. It's from the "mainstream media". Not some Internet blogger or Youtube channel with a questionable background.

/jarmo

Choked on my iced tea a minute and 30 seconds in, on the Guilfoyle shouty shouty commentary.

rofl

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #490 on: August 31, 2020, 01:26:45 PM »

/jarmo

a couple minutes in, he says that convention speakers lied and said that Trump "never called white supremacists 'very fine people'".

John Oliver is lying right to your face, while ironically, preaching about others lying.

Biden regularly states this lie as well.

Trump never said it. this has been debunked by Jake Tapper (CNN, and no fan of trump), the BBC, and other news organizations. 

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #491 on: August 31, 2020, 04:35:42 PM »

"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done,"

This is why they lean so hard on the "Biden has dementia" narrative. Because they know Trump's mental state is his biggest weakness. They're literally gaslighting America.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #492 on: August 31, 2020, 04:43:15 PM »

a couple minutes in, he says that convention speakers lied and said that Trump "never called white supremacists 'very fine people'".

John Oliver is lying right to your face, while ironically, preaching about others lying.

Biden regularly states this lie as well.

Trump never said it. this has been debunked by Jake Tapper (CNN, and no fan of trump), the BBC, and other news organizations. 

Jack Brewer at the RNC: "Are you going to allow the media to lie to you by falsely claiming that he said there were ‘very fine white supremacists’ in Charlottesville? He didn’t say that, it’s a lie."

And you're lying about Tapper; he's refuted the Trump campaign's mischaraterization of his statement. Very dishonest and shameful.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1293720981287165952

And hey, you never answered my question (and ran away from the entire issue to change subjects); do you not consider white supremacist terrorists to be trash?

Those same right wing terrorist groups were allowed by the police to cross paths with protesters and that is where they started macing and running into protesters from the safety of their trucks like cowards.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 04:54:14 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #493 on: August 31, 2020, 04:56:17 PM »

Jesus Christ, he's even defending these terrorists now. "Law and order" for thee, advocating terrorism from the oval office for me.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1300010374855524352

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #494 on: August 31, 2020, 05:19:23 PM »

Jack Brewer at the RNC: "Are you going to allow the media to lie to you by falsely claiming that he said there were ‘very fine white supremacists’ in Charlottesville? He didn’t say that, it’s a lie."

And you're lying about Tapper; he's refuted the Trump campaign's mischaraterization of his statement. Very dishonest and shameful.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1293720981287165952

And hey, you never answered my question (and ran away from the entire issue to change subjects); do you not consider white supremacist terrorists to be trash?

Those same right wing terrorist groups were allowed by the police to cross paths with protesters and that is where they started macing and running into protesters from the safety of their trucks like cowards.

Here's the TRULY ironic and hypocritical part about the right mischaracterizing and misdirecting on Trumps statements (which, really, were creating a false equivalence that "said it without saying it") on Charlottesville:

Their "excuse" is that Trump was saying that all protesters shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of a few nazi's and white supremacists. That most of those protesters were simply peacefully protesting the removal of the statue of Robert E. Lee.

And yet.....they don't want to apply exactly that metric to these protests.

So, either a) Trump was creating a false equivalence and was basically saying white supremacists and nazis are "very fine people"

OR

b) Trump seems to be saying largely white protests about a statue should be held to a different metric than melting pot protests about black people being shot by police.

PS: Lest we forget, the Charlotteville protests were organized by the "Unite the Right" group.  The night before, that group of protesters had been chanting "Jews will not replace us".  

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:30:35 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #495 on: August 31, 2020, 06:15:07 PM »

Great quote!!!!

“Rioting is not protesting. Looting is not protesting. Setting fires is not protesting. None of this is protesting. It's lawlessness, plain and simple. And those who do it should be prosecuted. Violence will not bring change. It'll only bring destruction.”

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #496 on: August 31, 2020, 06:43:04 PM »

Their "excuse" is that Trump was saying that all protesters shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of a few nazi's and white supremacists. That most of those protesters were simply peacefully protesting the removal of the statue of Robert E. Lee.

And yet.....they don't want to apply exactly that metric to these protests.

BOOM.

Great quote!!!!

“Rioting is not protesting. Looting is not protesting. Setting fires is not protesting. None of this is protesting. It's lawlessness, plain and simple. And those who do it should be prosecuted. Violence will not bring change. It'll only bring destruction.”

Indeed, especially when followed by this one:

"This is all domestic terrorism. Supported by liberals who continue to say they are “mostly peaceful”."

And then this quote from Trump:

"Just watched what Biden had to say. To me, he’s blaming the Police far more than he’s blaming the Rioters, Anarchists, Agitators, and Looters, which he could never blame or he would lose the Radical Left Bernie supports!"

Or better yet, this whopper of a LIE:

"Sleepy Joe Biden's people are so Radical Left that they are working to get the Anarchists out of jail, and probably more"

Hmm, where do I feel an incongruity here?

Oh well, glad to have you Ridin' with Biden! Biden 2020: Restore Law and Order

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #497 on: August 31, 2020, 07:53:47 PM »

Hell, we don't even need to debate the Unite the Right Supremacists rally, Trump just called the white supremacists attacking protesters in Portland "Great Patriots". No cowardly equivocation this time.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/man-killed-in-portland-was-supporter-of-right-wing-group-patriot-prayer-2020-08-30

Edit: More information coming out about the shooting:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 07:59:50 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #498 on: August 31, 2020, 08:38:29 PM »

So I've been told by rightists that George Soros funding anything proves that everyone who comes into contact with his money is a puppet of his "agenda".

Knowing that, what does that make Trump for accepting money from NeoNazis?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-accepted-money-from-neo-nazi-leader-other-racists-2020-8

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #499 on: August 31, 2020, 08:42:47 PM »

Holy fucking shit! Watch this from just prior to the ten minute mark to a little after 12:30 mark. How the fuck are these people still employed? I think i am going to throw up, but continue to say systemic and institutionalized racism is a myth.:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: