Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  General Babble
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Babble  (Read 12708 times)
cineater
Legend

« on: December 18, 2022, 09:32:17 AM »

I've been thinking about a metal roof for my place.  They are way more expensive then a regular roof but they are suppose to last a really long time.  Not so much my concern but I do like the look of them.  I'm wondering about the noise.  I like the idea of hearing it rain on the roof but how loud are we talking?  Am I going to freak during a hail storm and will it get dented up?  How hot is that?  I get up on the roof several times a year to do shit.  Does it rust?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 06:20:58 PM »

"Artic Plunge" and "Flash Freeze", okay the driveway isn't getting shoveled.   hihi  And after it passes by me, a "bomb cyclone".  Good luck to you people in the east.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 11:54:04 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 10:27:21 PM »

I had no idea people could hear you through their ring doorbell.  Nobody has ever talked to me before, they just open the door.  Pretty sure the only thing I've ever said is "hurry up, I have to pee".   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 02:10:52 PM »

We'll shit, lost another year.  I know most people approach it as glad that one is over and hope the next is better.  I remember those years.  Getting through life is hard.

I have a Santa box.  We use to write all we hoped to accomplish in the up coming year and put the list in there.  On News Year Eve we would look at it and see what we had got accomplished, make lists for the upcoming year.  I'm going to switch it up.  I'm going to make a list as the year goes by of all the good stuff that happens.  I'm going to keep all those lists in there.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 01:01:26 PM »

I was wondering if GNR would make my list and they came in as number one.   Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 01:41:15 AM »

Spring clean week.  I've decided the cabinet handles in my bedroom and kitchen are no longer to my liking.  Ordered up some new ones off Amazon.  Kind of miss those orders coming in.  hihi  Anyway I was surprised after 33 years the screws that held the pulls on the kitchen cabinets turned so easily.  It was getting them unstuck from all those years of grease in the air that was the problem.  The smell is awful.  If I had known that was going on, I would have turned that screw a long time ago.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 12:16:45 AM »

So if I'm going to replace the pulls might as well replace the 33 year old shelf paper and do a little touch up paint.  I know how I got from pulls to paper and paint but I was on floors when I went to pulls.  How does that happen?   hihi

It was nice at Lowes when they asked if rather that give me my change I wanted it to go to a charity.  That's a good idea.  Everybody stop giving out change and send it to charity.   Cheesy  Wait, except the quarters.  I need those for pinball.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2023, 03:39:01 PM »

Aww, Duffy died.  The guy who bought Simone to me.  Gone before the paramedics could get there and on his birthday too.  They are just having a grave side service and a party afterwards.  I kind of like that idea.  A brief good bye and a celebration afterwards.  I really have to get some winter funeral clothes.  Okay with these folks if I'm in my black jeans.  They'd think I was weird if I showed up all dressed up.  Sad to see him go, nice guy.  Not a close friend but one of those people who is always happy to see you.  Can't have too many people in your life like that.

Wow, my kitchen is starting to look good.  It's a minor little facelift with some touch up paint, handles not here yet and cabinet paper not replaced yet.  But as much as I love my kitchen floor, it's time to replace it.  And there ya go.  Didn't know how I got from floors to kitchen cabinet pulls but it all comes full circle in the end.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 01:00:56 AM »

Yes I'm still laying down contact paper.  I'd like to lie and say I was half way done but I might be a little over a third of the way.  And I have the help of a cat.  Terrapin has to lay on each piece to make sure I'm cutting it right.  She likes to lay in front of the scissors to make sure I don't cut to fast.  And since she has four paws she likes to lend a hand in laying it down.  She frequently gets squirted out of the room for micromanaging.   hihi

Love my new cabinet handles.  Should have got the ones with bigger feet to cover the old drill holes.  If you look closely you can see some of the hole.  If you're looking that closely and it bothers you, get the fuck out of my house.  I live here.  It's not perfect.   hihi
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 01:06:19 AM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2023, 07:14:23 AM »

And the celebrity death news just keeps coming.  Cry

Keith Richards, still alive.   Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2023, 09:04:24 AM »

I ask myself why on every shelve.  So I finally googled it.  https://www.jamorganizing.com/blog/liner  Okay I don't care about #7 but there's still seven other reasons to do it.  Damn it!   rant

On the plus side, I did find my stash of Jack Daniels.  It's aging well.  It's for we're going to take care of this pain right here, right now.  May come in handy when I finish this project.   Wink
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 09:09:42 AM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2023, 05:40:35 PM »

Went to the Lady's High Tea (don't google that).  I never have the clothes for that but we did review the proper way to hang your laundry on the line to dry.  What to do with your tea towel.  And who was still using an iron.  I've been out classed.  hihi

Then we went to recent deaths and onto dog deaths.  I'm really tired of death.  Got another notice today.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2023, 03:05:56 PM »

Okay this is kind of cool.  There's a line in a song by the Grateful Dead, Franklin's Tower:  "If you plant ice, you're going to harvest wind."  As it turns out it was something Benjamin Franklin said about the making of the liberty bell.  They used ice crystals in treating the metal for the bell.  It's what caused it to crack after the first ring and now all you can hear when it is rang is the wind coming through the crack.  I always think of this line saying something about how you talk about stuff.  If you talk shit to everyone about it, you're framing the way they think about something and they regurgitate bad shit back to you.  You know, be careful what you say.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2023, 08:22:20 PM »

"What I want to know", what is The Annotated Grateful Dead Lyrics book doing in the Harvard University book store?  Is that required reading for some class?

I have the first edition of this book from 2005.  Used, the price has tripled to sky rocketed, no new ones.  The second edition from 2015 is a little hard to find, online ordering for the most part from the usual suspects, out of stock in the book stores but available through two universities.  Maybe they can get anything but I find it odd they would list it on their sites.  Pretty cool that book is still listed though.  Not going to get here in time for a birthday present and if they reprint it, and they should, in 2015, that's way too late.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2023, 04:18:46 PM »

Why would Amazon do away with smile amazon, their charity program?

I have to wrap up spring clean.  I went grocery shopping and freaked trying to stay nice and organized when I put them away.  It was those one extra cans of soup and green beans that did it.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2023, 02:00:20 PM »

That's kind of cool.  They've invented a way to do away with all those pills bottles.  They come in pill packets that you put into refillable containers at home.  Those pill bottles aren't really recyclable.  They are under three inches and most places can't recycle them and they end up in the trash.  I'm not paying $50 for the kit but if the pharmacy gives me my meds in a packet, I can dump it into a pill bottle I have at home.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2023, 04:55:32 PM »

You ever watch Sweet's Little Willy video?  WTF, has that guy got on?   hihi  The worse rock outfit ever.  I watch the video just to put a smile on my face.  It's a head scratcher.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2023, 06:38:45 PM »

My taxes are done and waiting to be accepted.  One day before they start accepting them.  Spring clean done and it's the middle of winter.   Cheesy  Yeah, I'm THAT person.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2023, 06:48:46 PM »

So you think those FBI agents have the security clearance to view those classified documents or that didn't occur to everybody when they sent them on those raids?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2023, 06:59:55 PM »

AOL changed their email.  They moved the send button from the top to the bottom right next to the attach symbol.  I keep hitting send when I mean to attach!  Then I have to send another email saying sorry I fucked up.  hihi  And every time I hit reply all to a long email with the attachment to straighten everybody out, the document is all the way down to the bottom, through several reply all responses.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: