Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:21:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  General Babble
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Babble  (Read 12723 times)
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2023, 03:42:16 AM »

beer Too many more years Cineater!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2023, 10:03:14 AM »

beer Too many more years Cineater!

My goal is to live longer than Keith Richards.   hihi  I cut off fast living before he did so I think I can get to a higher age then he does.  The again, he didn't have the stressful job.  But I'm watching Keith.  It's going to be lonely years without him but he's setting the bar.  He's not dead yet.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 10:10:34 AM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2023, 03:35:28 PM »

Working on cars is no fun any more.  My car has been doing some funny shit.  Just been waiting for whatever is wrong to finally break.  The engine has been trying to stall out, occasionally it does or loses power.  It does but then it gets over it and it doesn't code.  I'm guessing clogged fuel filter, vacuum leak some where or it's just a senor.  Bingo on senor.  Cam shaft sensor coded this afternoon. 

I don't know a lot about working on cars but I've hung out in the garage helping the guys enough that I can kind of zero in on the problem.  Although 9 times out of 10 it's one of those sensors going out.  I'll be damn if I'm paying $300 a piece to replace the sensors to tell me if my tire is low.  Can they please make a sensor that last the lifetime of the car?

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2023, 07:08:30 PM »

They don't want you too fix them anymore. They want to do all the work and charge $$$ for everything they do.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2023, 11:42:41 AM »

Happy Spring!  Cheesy  Yeah it's all about gardening.  One would think it's was about the plants with me but it's not.  It's physical activity.  The end of winter comes along and I just want to sleep all the time.  That seasonal affect disorder kicks in and I don't care how much light I get, I go into hibernation mode.  It's a struggle to get moving in the spring with all the pollen out there.  Think I'm high half the time just from that.  The secret to moving is just start and don't stop until you've properly kicked your own ass.  Then drag your sore ass out of the bed the next morning and get moving.  Get those muscles warmed up and all that soreness goes away.  And all that activity is a kind of high but it brings your mood right out of the gutter.  And you're unstoppable at that point.  Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2023, 05:59:14 PM »

So when you start to feel the chemical burn, it's time to stop.  I mean do something else.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2023, 10:52:36 PM »

Carmen is getting a hip replacement.  We're wondering when she gets cremated if those metal parts will melt down or they just appear as metal chunks in her ashes?  She's going to have her ashes pressed into rocks so we're wondering if her rocks will have metal though out them.  Ashes made into rocks come out in colors based on your ash composition.  I would love to see what mine would look like but the kid doesn't like the rock idea and of course, I would be dead, so there's that.  Maybe I'll get to see Carmen's.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2023, 10:49:05 AM »

Pinball playoffs tonight.  Did not make it into the top 4, in any division.  It's okay, I'm not that good except I can keep the ball in play.  It's open play tonight and all the food you can eat while they battle it out.  We got in Scooby Doo recently and the God Father showed up this week.  Foo Fighters is coming soon.  All cool, new games aren't in playoffs so I'll get to play them.  Wonder what games he kicked out.  James Bond can go, imo.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2023, 05:15:09 PM »

I don't want to kick up the politics thread but we've all heard the any Tuesday now.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2023, 06:59:46 PM »

Wow tornado in Montebello California.  I was born there and my grandparents had an avocado grove.  Wonder if would have even known to run for the root cellar.   hihi  We were only trained in school to take cover in case of an air raid.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2023, 12:39:43 AM »

Did anybody see Fall Out Boy on the Tonight Show tonight?  Their outfits reminded me of the Village People.   hihi  Working men's outfits but interesting.  The performance stopped me in my tracks.  Good stuff.  Suspect the lead singer is on steroids though.  If I was a much younger woman, I'd be asking who that bass player was.  Grin

Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2023, 12:30:30 PM »

Did anybody see Fall Out Boy on the Tonight Show tonight?  Their outfits reminded me of the Village People.   hihi  Working men's outfits but interesting.  The performance stopped me in my tracks.  Good stuff.  Suspect the lead singer is on steroids though.  If I was a much younger woman, I'd be asking who that bass player was.  Grin

https://youtu.be/BahWrtvv9zw bass player doesn't fit without muscle hihi
cineater
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2023, 11:57:05 PM »

https://youtu.be/BahWrtvv9zw bass player doesn't fit without muscle hihi

He reminded me of a fisherman or somebody you would run into on the docks.  Was the drummer throwing a red toga over his shoulder at one point?  He looked very Greek like for a minute.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2023, 09:37:49 PM »

"GM will stop making the Chevy Camaro, but a successor may be in the works. A 2023 Chevy Camaro 2SS Convertible is seen at a dealership in Wheeling, Ill., on Wednesday. General Motors said it will stop making current generation of the brawny muscle car early next year."

Okay they have gone too far with electronic cars.  That's your successor model.  Cry

My neighbor has a 66 Camero he's restoring.  First year they made that car.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 09:40:53 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2023, 03:31:57 PM »

Got the car back from the shop and it is running okay.  If I had to say there might still be something, I'd say she's a little bit sluggish and her engine purr is off.  But yeah, it was coming.  Coding again for small evap system leak.  I did just get gas so I could have not tighten the gas cap down tight enough.  Or they say it could be another sensor.  I'll tighten her cap and let her run a little bit, see if it gets worse.  Hate leaving my car at the shop.  The trick to waiting is get it to the shop before you're on the side of the road.  I'm pretty good at that but I've had some tense rides on the way there.  hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2023, 12:34:06 PM »

Even though the power is out, I still walk around the house reaching to flip the light switches.  hihi  Nice to know I still know how to work the stove.  rofl

cineater
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2023, 06:54:12 PM »

Wow, so many memories.  A tornado took the roof off the Apollo in Belvidere Illinois last night.  I was there every Saturday for the movie matinée, smoking in the john and hoping to run into Lenny, first crush.  hihi  I'm surprised that building still stands, hope they can fix it.  I guess everybody has an Apollo Theater in their history.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2023, 06:39:47 PM »

God do I hate to bring this up!  Basically Trump has committed tax fraud?  How much does he owe?  How much is this costing?  I assume he doesn't do his own business accounting/taxes.  Shouldn't his tax accountant be questioned and maybe charged too?  Don't they normally just say, not a deduction, you owe us money and let the tax payer take them to court over whether it's allowed or not?  Maybe levee an extra penalty.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2023, 11:59:35 PM »

Shit  I write a little bit.  Kind of my way of working through things.  I don't know where the story is going.  It's more like following it.  The call to write has been strong so I answered it.  I ended up walking into an abandon graveyard.  I guess with death looming all around me that's where I need to be.  Don't want to but if I'm not around, I'm lost in a story.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2023, 04:25:12 PM »

Ever have one of those times when you're getting screwed every time you turn around?  I didn't even see it coming.  Four times since Thursday night and 5 if you count the car's engine light coming on again.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: