Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 08:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227996 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)  (Read 43181 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2003, 08:00:40 PM »

I'm not going to comment on the issue again.  I've said my piece and I think, now, we're beating a dead horse.  However, I will comment on the "darks gang" and "troops" comments.  

I can't speak for the rest of the posters, but I will say that I came here of my own volition.  dark didn't ask, or prod, me to post.  Heck, I posted before I had even talked to him about it.  I came on early this morning to check the status of "stuff" and found the thread locked.  I looked for a place to express my displeasure, and found it.  I think MOST of the posters here did the same.  I've been in and out of chat all day and I've yet to see dark ASK anyone to post.

As for "darks gang", I find that sentiment interesting.  I was a HTGTH member LONG before I came to know dark. I think looking at a subset of posters as "darks gang" is, fundamentally, the entire problem here: Seeing us as "darks gang" instead of HTGTH members....

Be that as it may, I won't be posting in this thread on any subject.  It's obviously not worth while.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2003, 08:01:17 PM »

lol.. lets write up a slightly more unbiased version of said summary, shalll we?

Unbiased?  hihi

Which part of "it's a joke" didn't you get? Of course it's gonna be exaggerated....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2003, 08:04:52 PM »

Pilferk, I know you have posted here before. But you gotta admit that some people who posted in this thread haven't exactly been active on this board.

I was referring to them as "dark's gang"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Breakdown
Opening Act

Fat People Are Harder To Kidnap......

« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2003, 08:48:39 PM »

Jarmo,

I come to this board a lot, and I have been for the past few years. I dont post much, but I do like a lot of the posters here, and their opinions and comments. I visited The Jungle and liked to read about GNFR.com. I didnt post in that section, but it was very interesting to read. For some odd reason, although no rules were broken, you decided to lock the discussion. You see, sir, this is a message board for people to share thoughts and ideas. What one person may find interesting, another may not. Just because you feel like you have some sort of power (which is sad that you feel that way), and did not like the topic of GNFR.com, you decided to lock it. For no reason should it have been locked. You make yourself look like a complete ass when you try to pull your "dictatorship" around like you do. I think you need to lighten up a little bit sometimes, and learn to observe other people's opinions and respect other people's interests instead of being so quick to deny someone of their freedom of speech. Anyone can open a messageboard, so you are no different than any other person in the world. So, if you could please quit having such a big head about being a founder and moderator of a Guns n Roses messageboard, and let people enjoy themselves a little bit, I feel that your board would be a better place.

Thanks
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2003, 08:57:22 PM »

Jarmo created this board. It wouldn't even be here without his hard work. He's entitled to run it however he wants.

I've seen enough.
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2003, 08:59:12 PM »

I didnt see the original post, but i would guess that there has already been a thread on GNFR.com so no need to repeat, also this complaint should be in the Admistration section - Its not only the Mods who can be dictators, now move!  Grin
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2003, 09:08:07 PM »

For the record, Breakdown is not part of 'dark's gang' - in fact, I dont think I've ever even had a conversation with him.  I just wanted the mods to be aware that its not just my 'minions' who have a problem with this action.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2003, 09:14:33 PM »

i suppose i'm one of dark's gang.  well you know what i was here a long time before i saw dark post anything.  i've been on this board for a few years now under different names, i don't post often because nothing much has been going on for the last few years and i think its stupid to go over which ten year old song is better than which seven year old song.  i've been here, and at 2ti and at mygnr and at gnrx for a long time now and i never heard of dark before i came here.  i post what i think, not what anyone tells me to post.  i think its fucked up that the thread was locked.  i think jarmo has it is for dark and therefore the mods follow because they feel like they have power.  i could understand something like this if there was a lot of news going on, but there isn't and there hasn't.  i just don't see what the harm of that thread was.  jarmo and his minons are acting like it was some huge threat, which it wasn't.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2003, 09:20:06 PM »

You see, sir, this is a message board for people to share thoughts and ideas.

Yeah, and why is this board here? Is it because of the UN? Is it because you have the right to have access to a GN'R board?

What one person may find interesting, another may not..

Yeah, and now the people with the "power" decided that it's not interesting anymore.

Just because you feel like you have some sort of power (which is sad that you feel that way), and did not like the topic of GNFR.com, you decided to lock it.

Again?

You don't have the slightest fucking clue about how I feel so drop that subject. It just makes you look stupid.

I love it how a few people online think they know me based on how I decided to run this board...  Roll Eyes

I'd say based on your posts you like playing with dolls and pressing flowers. Am I right? Huh?

For no reason should it have been locked.

We don't need no other reason that "We don't want it here". That's reason enough.

You make yourself look like a complete ass when you try to pull your "dictatorship" around like you do.

Oh no. I did it again..... Fuck, all I wanted was the be cool.   crying

I think you need to lighten up a little bit sometimes, and learn to observe other people's opinions and respect other people's interests instead of being so quick to deny someone of their freedom of speech.

I tried freedom of speech once. That board didn't last long because some GN'R fans couldn't handle a board which didn't require registration.

Anyone can open a messageboard, so you are no different than any other person in the world.

We're all the same? I don't think so. That's what makes the world interesting. Not everybody is like you or me.....

And yes, anybody can open a board. I think somebody has pointed that out to the riddle people.

Hell, I know blondes who have their own boards.  hihi

My suggestion to all of you who are unhappy with how this board is run. Go start your own boards. It's easy, you don't need money if you can live with ads and you get the power to lock threads!

Hey, maybe you can create a board that every GN'R fan on this planet will like. You know, a board that's nothing like this one because this is the worst one there is. It's moderated by powerhungry idiots and most of the members are a bunch of asskissers without any own ideas.  

Thank God there are people who know how a GN'R board should be run. Because apparently, there's an actual manual on how to run a GN'R board. hihi

So, if you could please quit having such a big head about being a founder and moderator of a Guns n Roses messageboard, and let people enjoy themselves a little bit, I feel that your board would be a better place.

If you would stop thinking you know me, I think this board would be a better place.  ok

OK, I'm gonna play the role of the person you think I am. Just to play along with you.

<BIGHEADED MODE ON>

The only reason you can post on this board is because I started it with the help of a few friends. This board wouldn't exist if I hadn't started it. The only reason you're able to whine here is because of me starting this board.

<BIGHEADED MODE OFF>

That was fun.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 09:56:30 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2003, 09:26:41 PM »

The more I read, the more I think Darknemus believes he runs the board.

And D, I doubt anyone here read what you had to say, few ever do.

And again, leave the house, please. Breathe some fresh air.

u know something im not part of dark i dont know him never spoke to him, but this bullshit right here needs to stop

u are a moderator and u are basically taking a shot at me, what right,reason do u have to do so? have i said anything about u chris? have i ever posted any sort of bullshit? have i ever bashed another poster,broke a rule etc? i dont think so, and here u are takin a shot at me when im sure i had the best argument of all

so yes darknemus is correct about some of these mods, and it is hypocritical for chris to try and enforce a rule when he himself breaks them.

this isnt the first time chris has broke a rule insulting me, and i dont like it, dont think its cool at all

what have i said or done to warrant u even throwing a shot at me?

u know why u throw that shot my way? cause u are a mod and u dont have to worry bout reprocussions

oh yeah and the internet sayin of the ages,its real easy to be a tough guy with a keyboard isnt it? how great it must be to hide behind a computer screen and take potshots at someone! outstanding!

edit: oh yeah and just cause U dont read what i have to say, dont speak for the hundreds of others on here OK?

ive started probably around 20 to 25 threads on this board and id say over 75 percent have reached the illustrious very hot topic status so who the fuck are u to say no one reads what i have to say? what interesting subject have u ever started big man?  thats what i thought!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 09:30:40 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2003, 12:56:27 AM »

Ok...my turn.

Jarmo, although I'm sure its been covered in the past 8 pages (I meant to post this earlier, but the damn site logged me out..) you locking the gnfr.com thread is beyond fucking pointless, it was FUCKING LUDACRIS. (Then again, so was locking the Latigo thread, but I digress.)

You were one of 'us' for a while. A chatter, that is, and I have no personal beef with you. You were cool to talk to in the chat, no doubt.

But, I don't know what happened between now and then. The hints, allegations, rumors, etc. have driven you to the point where if something has any resemblence to being chat-related, you just don't want it on the site. GNFR is interesting. Whether its official or bullshit is irrelevent. The thread got hits, it got responses, and it stirred interest.

BESIDES...the thread was in the Jungle. I thought that was a home for threads like that? I've seen shit in there ten times more ridiculous go untouched (i.e. "What are you listening to right now?") gnfr.com had a purpose. You locking it was fucking selfish and egotistical. It wasn't bothering you. Whoever was interested in the thread read it and probably posted to it.

Oh wait..I forgot..darknemus is the bad guy in all this, so anything he starts just CAN'T be good!  Roll Eyes

dark just posts what he knows, and he offers opinions on it. No harm, no foul. The guy has a life, he doesn't need to start conspiracies in the Guns N' Roses world.

Ban me, do whatever the fuck you want with me, but I'm just giving my two cents here..and you know what?

I'm probably right.

Peace,
Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
WagMyDog
doesn't HATE big boobs
VIP

Tyr's hand...

« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2003, 01:36:36 AM »

HEY D!!

Don't get your panties in a bunch...

You gotta take what misfit says with a pinch of salt ... He was just yanking your chain ...

Trust me .. we give you more "dap" than you think we do ...

No.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2003, 03:08:08 AM »

All I see here is the "same" 10-12 people complaining about a locked thread.

Damn it people. Get a fuckin life here...

It got locked, talk in other threads. You act like your whole life depended on that fuckin thread.

It's pretty simple, Jarmo asked us if we wanted to lock it or not.

The majority voted "lock it". Now what's the problem? It was an old thread. Nothing new, nothing interesting.

Dark, get over it. Why would you think that anyone has a problem with you? Your obsession with this is getting really annoying.

oh, and to answer one's question. Jarmo pays us nothing. We do it for the fun of it... But some people have problems with authority (as you like to call us)...

I think that says it all. Why is it so important to argue it? Don't the words "Get a clue" or "Read between the lines" mean anything to some of you?

How can you be so fuckin' petty here? It's rather amazing. I mean, how the hell do you deal with real situations in life? This is just a message board on the internet. And how long have you sat here belly-aching about it? haha, man get a life!  rofl

There's no way you have a girlfriend or anything else going on, that's for sure. hihi
« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 03:19:18 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2003, 04:02:36 AM »

i was simply doing something that no one else on this big long ass pointless 8 page thread tried to do

i tried to give a logical explanation as to why the gnfr thread was locked

i stated due to the couple pages of nothin but its open, its closed, wait its back up, 403 error whats that? all the ip numbers computer language etc

yeah i would take chris with a pinch of salt if he was like someone i knew and if he were somebody that ive been around and know their personality

but he could pm and say hey dude just bustin your balls, or dont take it personally im just fuckin with u

he doesnt he just hangs out his insults, and i cant insult back for fear of being banned and i love this board to much to worry bout sayin something that would just hurt myself

its just when he makes comments like that it makes me look dumb and may make other posters on here not take me seriously and i dont like lookin like a chump whether it be in real life or cyber world.

ive been a loyal somewhat decent poster on this board, ive always tried in every way to contribute to a discussion with a little humor a little bit different fair prospective

i just dont like being made a fool of thats all

i dont wanna make anyone mad, dont wanna step on any body's toes. but i give everyone on the board the utmost repect and i feel i should get some back also.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 04:05:02 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2003, 05:33:10 AM »

Trooper #29 responding Grin

No, not really, just got home and saw the monstrocity that is the argument between darknemus, Jarmo and AxlGreece.  Interesting and (less then)profound reading really.

I liked the gnfr.com thread, I'm part of the chat, and am involved in another message board with the name GNFR world.  The fact is, more eyes will see the thread here then they will on many other boards, and the following/help may arrive sooner here then on other boards.  

So no, they won't Sad so sad really.  I kinda thought it was cool to have a place to read/post about something that really interested me in a place were there were other things that I liked.  Too bad the higher ups didn't appreciate the interest  Undecided  Not that it matters, but the only reason I stayed on this board after the Latigo fiasco was BECAUSE of the gnfr.com thread.  I post in the GNR section too, because I happen to be here alot.  I wonder how many other members were drawn here for something like that?  Oh well.....

No need to complain anymore though right?  lol it got locked and it's not gonna be  reopened.  However....if gnfr.com DOES someday produce something official, with the ban still be in effect?  I, myself and only for myself, believe there may be something there connected with GNR.  I could give a fuck if anyone else believes that, and I don't care what the reward is if there is one.  I feel that the chase, as dark so eloquently said it, is a hell of a lot more intriguing then anything else.

Alrighty then!! Trooper # 29 signing off! Have a nice (bi)day!

Grin

Ok, first of all, I had nothing to do with this argument. What got me into it is the fact that some people just can't accept that this board is owned by someone and he can do whatever he wants to. The thing though is that he didn't do what he thought at first.

He asked all the mods and the majority (minus 1) voted "lock the thread". The reason was that it's an old thread, it provides nothing to the board and it's just some people rumbling about a site that goes "offline", then online again and then offline again.

Then I thought that dark's comment on "putting a lot of effort and dedication into a thread" sounded really stupid.

You do that when it concerns a relationship, a job or something important. Not over a fucking thread...

Ofcourse, Dark read only the word "LATIGO" in my post and then took a cheap shot at my humour, cause you know, Greeks like me have no humour at all.

Well, I'm sorry but it's your past. Learn to live with it. The rest of the post however said that if you want to be taken seriously (and not as a joke who keeps on asking for his thread back) on THIS board, change your signature...

Ofcourse, Dark is the source of good humour. His only problem is that he stays at home, making fuzz about a locked thread and nobody gets to appreciate his humour.

He could have been a great comedian, if only he got out of his house and not keep on posting for 8 pages over a locked thread...

For D: Don't worry about Misfit. He does it to everyone, including the mods... It's up to his mood I guess.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2003, 08:45:51 AM »

but he could pm and say hey dude just bustin your balls, or dont take it personally im just fuckin with u

I'm very, very lazy.

D, I had a bit of fun with you because I knew what your reaction would be. Just a bit of fun, nothing personal meant. Take it whatever way you will.

and I find it amusing how people tell other people to go out and get a life are the same people sitting here all day arguing about this..

I have Cricket practice today though.

I don't think I'm this sad ---> "I have, on and off, given over a year of my life to that site"

i tried to give a logical explanation as to why the gnfr thread was locked

So did we. If Dark had taken off his paranoid head at the start of this thread, then he may of been taken more seriously.

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2003, 09:02:46 AM »

Let's clarify a couple things real quick.

#1 - On the 'get a life' front.  I choose this as one of my causes, for the time being.  Nothing wrong with that.  You may think otherwise - oh well, thats you, and this is me.

#2 - You all must not have girlfriends or anything like that - Well, you're right in my case.  I have a wife..you know, one of those, love, honor, & cherish type relationships.  Oh yeah, just to clarify my total computer geekiness - I met her online, too - so, umm, nyeah.

#3 - A cheap shot @ Greece. - Umm, no, Greece.  I stated a fact.  Every time you post, you bring up Latigo.  You try to hold it over my head like its some evil curse or something, and yet, I dont worry about it.  Ever ask yourself why that might be?  Because I'm 100% confident in the fact that I never lied to anyone about the situation, period.  See, I don't need to lie or use subtrafuge to further a cause, nor do I need to manipulate facts until they fit a hypothesis.  Analysts don't do that - we.. wait for it.. ANALYZE - that's right.  We take data presented, cross-reference it with other data, and analyze.

Now, sometimes, you draw conclusions from that analysis - it in no way means your conclusions are correct.  So, you always leave that caveat in there.  You also make it a point to modify your conclusions whenever new data is presented.

#4 - The thread was locked because the site was up and down and didnt do anything new bla bla bla - Au contraire, Mon Frere.  Everytime it did something like that, some tiny little change - that, in and of itself, is, by its very nature, a 'new' action.  I love how everyone is conveniently not mentioning the last spat of three 'riddles' the site threw at us because that might prove there's some merit to what is being said about it.  But that's ok, continue your revisionist history - You would have been quite a hit in the dark ages.

#5 - Greece has no sense of humor - Sorry bout that, Greece.  Can't help you there.. like I said before, comedy is all about timing.  (well, and building a temporary psychological profile of the individual you're dealing with) - maybe its a cultural thing?  I mean, you guys did come up with the now famous 'Greek Tragedy' after all.  Come to the U.S. - I promise you, one look at our politicians, and you'll have no choice but to laugh.

-darknemus
« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 09:04:42 AM by darknemus » Logged

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2003, 09:48:09 AM »

#1 - On the 'get a life' front.  I choose this as one of my causes, for the time being.  Nothing wrong with that.  You may think otherwise - oh well, thats you, and this is me.

Well, I don't have a problem with that. The problem is that you can't understand the reason it was locked. You won't accept it.

#2 - You all must not have girlfriends or anything like that - Well, you're right in my case.  I have a wife..you know, one of those, love, honor, & cherish type relationships.  Oh yeah, just to clarify my total computer geekiness - I met her online, too - so, umm, nyeah.

I don't really care about your personal life. What I meant was that you shouldn't get so passionate over a thread. You should do it with someone you love or maybe your work...

#3 - A cheap shot @ Greece. - Umm, no, Greece.  I stated a fact.  Every time you post, you bring up Latigo.  You try to hold it over my head like its some evil curse or something, and yet, I dont worry about it.  Ever ask yourself why that might be?  Because I'm 100% confident in the fact that I never lied to anyone about the situation, period.  See, I don't need to lie or use subtrafuge to further a cause, nor do I need to manipulate facts until they fit a hypothesis.  Analysts don't do that - we.. wait for it.. ANALYZE - that's right.  We take data presented, cross-reference it with other data, and analyze.

Don't tell me that the "souvlaki" mention wasn't a cheap shot...

#4 - The thread was locked because the site was up and down and didnt do anything new bla bla bla - Au contraire, Mon Frere.  Everytime it did something like that, some tiny little change - that, in and of itself, is, by its very nature, a 'new' action.  I love how everyone is conveniently not mentioning the last spat of three 'riddles' the site threw at us because that might prove there's some merit to what is being said about it.  But that's ok, continue your revisionist history - You would have been quite a hit in the dark ages.

Opinions....

#5 - Greece has no sense of humor - Sorry bout that, Greece.  Can't help you there.. like I said before, comedy is all about timing.  (well, and building a temporary psychological profile of the individual you're dealing with) - maybe its a cultural thing?  I mean, you guys did come up with the now famous 'Greek Tragedy' after all.  Come to the U.S. - I promise you, one look at our politicians, and you'll have no choice but to laugh.

Well, what can I say, you know it all... I don't have a good sense of humor. No more arguing about this. You've probably overanalyzed this too. Since you present it as a fact...

If your politicians seem humorous to you, then I don't need your sense of humor... You could say they're pathetic. But I didn't vote for them... You did.

seniorabreu
Rocker

Sitting in a Chinese Stew!

« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2003, 09:51:11 AM »

I am not part of the chatroom but I am diappointed the thread is locked.  I found it interesting and it doen't matter to me if it is official or not.  I really hope Jarmo considers reopening it.  Thanks peace
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2003, 10:54:46 AM »

Greece,

The Soulvaki comment wasn't any more of a cheap shot than your boy Chris telling D no one listens to him.  For some reason, everytime I have a fun little spat with you, I want Greek food.  What's wrong with that.  You, after all, did call me 'classy' one day for referring to you as Mr. Moussaka.  I just thought it was amusing - but, your opinion may differ.

However, that's not why I'm writing this.  I'm writing this to present a challenge to you, if you're up to it.

Review, please, my #4 statement:

Let's review your response, shall we?

Opinions....

Please tell me what in that statement (outside of the dark ages reference - which technically is fact since they practiced alot of revisionist history back then) is an opinion?  Seriously, I've read it over and over again - objectively - even had my neighbor who was over read it.  Where's the opinion?  Care to clarify?

I'm going to run out and pick up a couple Gyros.  I look forward to reading your response.

-darknemus

« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 10:55:29 AM by darknemus » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: