Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:06:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)  (Read 43515 times)
Chris Misfit
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2003, 01:09:52 PM »

what does jarmo offer you people that you have to kiss his ass so much?

Cricket lessons.
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2003, 01:12:10 PM »

Its never going to be opened again for one reason - because it tweaked you guys.  And you know it.

Yes, we've been saying that the last 3 and a half pages.

so you admit your just power crazy?

yes yes yes.  no no no.
Thumper
Catwoman eh!
Legend

The wolf's clear, intelligent eyes brushed mine.

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2003, 01:12:20 PM »

what does jarmo offer you people that you have to kiss his ass so much?

French villas...just awesome.  Champagne isn't too shabby either.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2003, 01:13:07 PM »

Or you could take up Cricket, I hear that's good for killing time.

Oh I love cricket.. Never played it, but looks so.. fun.

And somewhat off topic: I really hate the penis thread also. There's threads that are stupid, and then there are threads that go: "What if I'll say, one, and you say two, and then the next person will say three... Now how cool is that?"

Personally, I didn't read the GNFR thread, looked it up of course, but never really got into the whole thing.

Anyways.. What it looks like, is that over half of the people that get the most upset about the whole thing are people with about <90 posts, which - if they actively are on the board - means that they only visited that one thread. I think they could partisipate in the whole riddle thing at the chatroom, since there is one..

Basically there wasn't much wrong with it. It just didn't seem to go anywhere. For a long time. I hated the fact that it was always the first thing to pop up in the Jungle.. I happen to be one of the people who actually go and visit the Jungle. I haven't said anything about this subject at any point of this thing, so I am not the one behind the idea. But I do support the desicion, since I do feel there is a better place for thediscussion, than this. Especially since /J doesn't want any GNFR things here.

And darknemus, I think some people might be biased, and might look at your posts in a less respective way. But I also think that you did bring this thing on to yourself with the whole Latigo thing, and how you handled the thing even after /J was contacted by Sanctuary (was it?) and was told that Latigo was not Axl. And since people are judged by their actions (and appearence, but since in the internet we can't really do that, I think I'll just stick to the actions part), you really can't blame people for bringing the Latigo thing into account, when talking about your credibility.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2003, 01:14:05 PM »

I knew Cat couldn't miss chiming in on this one.  Well, one thing I can say, anytime I post a thread, it gets some responses.  Of course, my next few might not be exactly the most.. kind.. but hey, we all have our moments :-D

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Thumper
Catwoman eh!
Legend

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2003, 01:14:58 PM »

I'm not addressing your Cricket comment because I dont know the first thing about it.  Sorry, I'm not prepared to talk on a subject I have no knowledge of.

-darknemus

http://www.abcofcricket.com/cfb1/cfb1.htm

dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2003, 01:15:02 PM »

can all of you mods really be so fucking out of it?  can't you see that this is not the way a board is supposed to be run?  you're all a bunch of fucking drones.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
Thumper
Catwoman eh!
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2003, 01:16:39 PM »

can all of you mods really be so fucking out of it?  can't you see that this is not the way a board is supposed to be run?  you're all a bunch of fucking drones.
You think you know how to run a board...go for it.  No one is stopping you from starting your own.  

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2003, 01:16:58 PM »

It works well... what's the problem with it? Jarmo pays for the hosting, he can do what the hell he wants.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2003, 01:18:39 PM »

Is there an a-z manual on how a board should be run? I would think the board is run the way that the owner wants it. But hey, I'm crazy....

Of course, my next few might not be exactly the most.. kind.. but hey, we all have our moments :-D

Oh shit. Are you gonna start calling us names? How will I ever go out in public again?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2003, 01:18:42 PM »

so jarmo, who is this board for the fans or you?

I'll tell you the reason I started the site, it's basically the same reason the board is what it is.

The site was started back in 1996 because I didn't see other GN'R sites that were the kind of site I'd like to visit. Then a few years later I started the kind of board that I'd visit (here's where the rules come in, this is the reason why we have rules). I don't like boards where fights and insults are the norm.

I can't spend time worrying about "Oh will dave_guns like if I put this color here and that link over there". I do things the way I want to see them done. The interesting thing is that apparently a few people think we're doing something right because they come back.

I don't really care if we have 5 members or 1000s. I remember when the site had maybe 30 visits / day and I thought that was amazing. I also remember when the board had maybe 20 active posters.

I don't sit and think "Ooh, that board has more members than us, damn". I think there's room for everyone. Some people prefer CD.com, others like newgnr/gnr.us, The Bar, Mygnr, gnr.gr, GT, Gnrforum, the Axl board, VR etc etc.....

I know I can't please everyone, but I never even intended to either. So it doesn't bother me when some people are upset about a deleting/locking/banning.

I don't care if you think I do this because I love to tell people to stick to the topic, lock threads and ban. Because I know that's not true....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 01:57:29 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2003, 01:34:36 PM »

I realy don't see how some people can say jarmo is being "unfair" he has done things the way he wants them done and he aint going to change that for anyone.I'm sure Jarmo has more things to worry about than this board believe it or not people he might have a life outside this board I am sure he has bills to pay and other things to worry about than this board.Nobody should be bitching about how jarmo runs this board .

I got one more thing to say.If you don't like the way Jarmo is running things around here get the fuck out of here
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2003, 01:36:50 PM »

I got one more thing to say.If you don't like the way Jarmo is running things around here get the fuck out of here

Surely you've read your History books Smiley  The revolution begins from within.

-darknemus

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2003, 01:40:27 PM »

What revolution?! What are you talking about?! People like it here, we don't need it changed.
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2003, 01:41:30 PM »

What revolution?! What are you talking about?! People like it here, we don't need it changed.

And you guys call ME the paranoid one?   hihi hihi

-darknemus

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2003, 01:42:17 PM »

Yes, yes we do. Wink
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2003, 01:57:22 PM »

Surely you've read your History books Smiley  The revolution begins from within.

-darknemus

Have you lost your fucking mind
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2003, 02:32:31 PM »

Nope, I'm perfectly sane and in control of my faculties.  However, I appreciate your concern for my well being.  If you'd like an address to mail a card to, let me know, and I'll provide you with the proverbial hookup.

-darknemus

WagMyDog
doesn't HATE big boobs
VIP

Tyr's hand...

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2003, 03:04:10 PM »

I'm not posting here to talk about the GNFR thread ...

Damn it, I'm posting here because people are dissing the Penis game, and I'm pissed about it. It's an interesting, humorous game, where the player is urged to think and use the word penis in so many different avenues ...

Okay .. I lied ...

But it looks real interesting (and funny) when you're drunk ...

Come to think of it ... so did the GNFR thread (some thirty pages ago)...  Tongue
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 03:08:04 PM by WagMyDog » Logged

No.
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2003, 03:32:32 PM »

Nope, I'm perfectly sane and in control of my faculties.  However, I appreciate your concern for my well being.  If you'd like an address to mail a card to, let me know, and I'll provide you with the proverbial hookup.

-darknemus

Maybe I missunderstood you so could you please explain what "The revolution begins from within."
means and maybe if I could understand your point of view would seem a little sane to me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: