Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:16:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 281536 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1620 on: December 18, 2008, 10:46:33 AM »

i see a number of posts dated december in this thread tho.

cd is absolutely among the greatest album openers.

make me think...couldbe the leitmotif of the album is 'truths'.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #1621 on: December 18, 2008, 09:52:51 PM »

cd is absolutely among the greatest album openers.

I think there was no doubt Chinese Democracy had to be the opening track on this album.  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1622 on: December 21, 2008, 12:29:32 AM »

I just heard them playing it at the start of the third period of the Sharks - Rangers hockey game.
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #1623 on: December 21, 2008, 01:32:02 AM »

I just heard them playing it at the start of the third period of the Sharks - Rangers hockey game.

Was it at MSG?

Because, New York teams have a ridiculous amount of love for WTTJ. You'll hear it play like, three times in one game.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1624 on: December 21, 2008, 01:32:36 AM »

Was it at MSG?

Because, New York teams have a ridiculous amount of love for WTTJ. You'll hear it play like, three times in one game.

No the game was in San Jose.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1625 on: December 21, 2008, 05:11:36 AM »

Was it at MSG?

No the game was in San Jose.

Shark Tank, haha.  They'll blow their load before the playoffs.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1626 on: January 07, 2009, 10:56:01 PM »

Sorry if this has been asked before, i didn't read this whole thing but what are the background vocals in this song saying?

also, who sings them?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1627 on: January 07, 2009, 11:09:17 PM »

Sorry if this has been asked before, i didn't read this whole thing but what are the background vocals in this song saying?

also, who sings them?

Dizzy and Tommy.

Unless you mean the intro...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #1628 on: January 07, 2009, 11:09:43 PM »

"it don't really matter" Tommy and Dizzy. Primarily Tommy.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #1629 on: January 16, 2009, 10:04:19 PM »

just heard this a second ago watching the oilers vs avs game, they played it during a stoppage in colorado.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #1630 on: February 10, 2009, 07:26:22 PM »

this song has grown on me so much. at first i considered it as more of a song that just had to be put in, but i love it now. i think the song is more about being open minded than anything. open minded toward the album, the new lineup, and life in general. It is all being related to the album's title. about dictators not giving their citizens the right to have opinions, nonetheless be open minded or not. that in china the government took the right to make the choice away, forcing the chinese to be narrow minded. its more of a "just hear me out and dont judge a book by its cover" sort of song, but so much cooler than that.

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #1631 on: February 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM »

I would like these song opening for the show  Grin
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #1632 on: April 02, 2009, 02:35:39 PM »

It's a natural opener. But look at this. 83 pages of dicussion about a single song, and in the "favourite song on Chinese Democracy" it has the least votes out of every song, only 5 votes and a mere 1%. I suspect that the reason for this is the fact that the song has been around for years and has gotten some airplay, mainly the first. Because this really is a kick-ass song. One of the best GN'R rockers ever, in my opinion. It has an incredible drive, a smooth riff and awesome Axl vocals. Not to mention the guitar solo. So why is this song, the first real Guns N' Roses single in 15 years, getting so little attention and recognition from us fans? I've noticed with several of the songs on Chinese Democracy that those who have been around for as long as Chinese Democracy, like The Blues and Madagascar, get very little recognition now as compared to before. Despite being among the best songs on the album. Simply because they've been around. It's a shame, because you guys are really missing out on Chinese Democracy the song. Call radio stations, request it, get GN'R's new first single back into the spotlight. My sister heard it on the radio the other day and actually told me about it. She wouldn't if she was used to hearing it. That means we're not doing our job as fans, people. Request this kick-ass rock song more, not only because it's a good song but also because it carries the name Chinese Democracy. That means hype by association. Go for it.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1633 on: April 02, 2009, 03:38:20 PM »

Josh Freese on the track:

The two spent the next two years in the studio, working up new songs including the Rose/Freese composition that became the 'Chinese Democracy' title track. "That's a wacky feather in my cap," Freese says with a laugh. "After 10 years I was ready to see [the song] have eight different writers on it, but it didn't get convoluted and f---ed up."

In fact, for all the reports of Rose's endless tweaking, Freese says the song is very close to the original. "I think they made the intro longer," he says. "I'd have 'em cut right into the thing. It's a simple bonehead rock song with a big riff that I'm assuming will be perfect for 'Guitar Hero' one day."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=2004

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1634 on: April 03, 2009, 03:47:04 AM »

Nah i'd still prefer Welcome To The Jungle

CD would make a good encore opener though IMO

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1635 on: April 03, 2009, 05:07:56 AM »

Nah i'd still prefer Welcome To The Jungle

CD would make a good encore opener though IMO

But Axl could have alot of energy if he opens with this song,
more so then an encore.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1636 on: May 11, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »

Just wanted to say that I heard "Chinese Democracy" on the radio today.  This was the first time I've heard it on the radio, and it was great to hear something besides WTTJ or SCOM.   They played it on a classic rock station that plays some newer music from those artists.   
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1637 on: May 11, 2009, 09:35:36 PM »

I've heard this track while I was in a taxicab a week ago. The guy at the (argentine) radio said: ''yes, I have to admit it: this was the last album I've bought in physical form, and the only one in a long time. For your information, this is Axl Rose's new monstrosity, and this is called ''Chinese Democracy''''  beer

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1638 on: May 13, 2009, 01:07:46 PM »

What kind of radio station was it?

Rock?

I remember when they played the single on our national radio station. It was weird, in between all the pop crap they'd play CD.  Grin

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1639 on: May 13, 2009, 01:23:45 PM »

I'd rather GNR wouldn't be put into a pigeon-hole.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: