Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:04:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 324233 times)
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2016, 03:57:25 PM »

I don't understand people like you. How long have you been a GnR fan? Or been in the rock scene for that matter? Everyone KNOWS that there's usually always a warm up show somewhere in the week leading up to the first large scale performance. Generally only available for a select few and special guests, and to generate a buzz. What you are paying for is what you get: the first large scale, open to the public stadium show. Also, it's the Arena that chooses the sell the show as an exclusive, not GnR. 

I've been to 13 GNR shows since 01-01-01. In 2001 Vegas was added as a warmup show to RIR. Rock In Rio was never advertised as the first show to see them.  In 2006 two Hammerstein dates were added before two existing ones.  The first Hammerstein dates were never advertised as the first show to see them.  This year 2 Vegas dates were added in front of Coachella.  Coachella was never advertised as the first shows to see them.  However - for whatever reason - the Vegas shows WERE advertised as the first shows to see the GNR Reunion with Slash.  This was mentioned repeatedly in the press release - even using the word "CONFIRMED" in reference to it being the very first show.  If you want to use that wording to sell it - go for it, but you better stick to it. GNR has never promised a show would be the very first show of a given tour or anything since I've been a fan until now.  I'm owed what I was advertised.  Otherwise that is a bait and switch.

Everyone saying - "Oh, well the Troubadour doesn't count as a show because they don't have pyro and a screen on stage." - I disagree.  That is still a show.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2016, 04:12:01 PM »

I don't understand people like you. How long have you been a GnR fan? Or been in the rock scene for that matter? Everyone KNOWS that there's usually always a warm up show somewhere in the week leading up to the first large scale performance. Generally only available for a select few and special guests, and to generate a buzz. What you are paying for is what you get: the first large scale, open to the public stadium show. Also, it's the Arena that chooses the sell the show as an exclusive, not GnR. 

I've been to 13 GNR shows since 01-01-01. In 2001 Vegas was added as a warmup show to RIR. Rock In Rio was never advertised as the first show to see them.  In 2006 two Hammerstein dates were added before two existing ones.  The first Hammerstein dates were never advertised as the first show to see them.  This year 2 Vegas dates were added in front of Coachella.  Coachella was never advertised as the first shows to see them.  However - for whatever reason - the Vegas shows WERE advertised as the first shows to see the GNR Reunion with Slash.  This was mentioned repeatedly in the press release - even using the word "CONFIRMED" in reference to it being the very first show.  If you want to use that wording to sell it - go for it, but you better stick to it. GNR has never promised a show would be the very first show of a given tour or anything since I've been a fan until now.  I'm owed what I was advertised.  Otherwise that is a bait and switch.

Everyone saying - "Oh, well the Troubadour doesn't count as a show because they don't have pyro and a screen on stage." - I disagree.  That is still a show.

If you feel that way, that's cool. I won't say you're not entitled to expressing your feelings. However, knowing how the music industry works from the inside and being a marketeer I know that the T-Mobile Arena writes the press release and basically pays GnR a sum of money to perform there. How it's being promoted and marketed is up to the venue and its promoter. So if you're angry, direct your anger towards them. Ask for a refund or whatever. But GnR can't be held responsible for that unless they contractually agreed that they are not allowed to play any show before the gig in Las Vegas. And that I doubt since the tickets for Las Vegas are expensive, but not THAT expensive.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2016, 04:20:42 PM »

If you feel that way, that's cool. I won't say you're not entitled to expressing your feelings. However, knowing how the music industry works from the inside and being a marketeer I know that the T-Mobile Arena writes the press release and basically pays GnR a sum of money to perform there. How it's being promoted and marketed is up to the venue and its promoter. So if you're angry, direct your anger towards them. Ask for a refund or whatever. But GnR can't be held responsible for that unless they contractually agreed that they are not allowed to play any show before the gig in Las Vegas. And that I doubt since the tickets for Las Vegas are expensive, but not THAT expensive.

The press released stated that they had CONFIRMED with the band that this would be the first show.  If the band didn't want to guarantee that they should have made a statement. That statement represents the band and what the show promises and is done in consultation with the band and their management. I doubt I would get refunded for travel expenses.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2016, 04:30:10 PM »

Simple solution: don't go.  If you feel so strongly that you're not getting the benefit of your bargain, and were lied to by the manipulative press release (ever think it was true when printed and then the boys decided on a club show?) then don't go.

Do you think the atmosphere in Vegas is going to be less exciting because they played a club show to 500 people at the Troubadour the week before?  I can answer that question:  No.  When that Jungle riff hits and Axl screams, "do you know where you are?", do you think the response will be "well, I thought I was going to be at the first Guns n Roses concert but apparently not"?  I can answer that question too:  hell no.  The crowd, then energy and the environment will be off the charts, regardless if they played a warm up show.

I honestly can't believe people are complaining that GnR are playing more shows.  Jarmo, I'm starting to see things in your vein of, when it comes to this band, people will always complain regardless of what happens.

This is quite possibly the most united the fanbase has been in a long, long time.  Let's enjoy the ride.   beer
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2016, 04:46:33 PM »

Simple solution: don't go.  If you feel so strongly that you're not getting the benefit of your bargain, and were lied to by the manipulative press release (ever think it was true when printed and then the boys decided on a club show?) then don't go.

Don't go is a simple solution after purchasing non-refundable flights and tickets? It can't just be true when it was printed - it has to remain true.

What if Slash wasn't there and DJ rejoined the band, and Axl got sick so Miles Kennedy is going to sing. Hey - it was true that Axl and Slash were going to play when we sold tickets - things change.  Sorry about the non-refundable flights and tickets.
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2016, 04:48:17 PM »

Yes it will still be a lot of fun.  But the value has been reduced from what was advertised and sold.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2016, 04:54:19 PM »

Don't go is a simple solution after purchasing non-refundable flights and tickets? It can't just be true when it was printed - it has to remain true.

What if Slash wasn't there and DJ rejoined the band, and Axl got sick so Miles Kennedy is going to sing. Hey - it was true that Axl and Slash were going to play when we sold tickets - things change.  Sorry about the non-refundable flights and tickets.

Ugh...if only you were going to be in a City where there are like, one million other things to do.  I'm pretty sure you could sell your tickets for more than face value, and thus put a dent in your airfare and hotel expenses.

Obviously, if Myles replaced Axl, or Bumble replaced Duff, you could call foul.  But we are light years away from that scenario, IMO.  Plus, the club show is not confirmed, correct???  So, it's a bit early to reserve your pity party (party of 1).
schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2016, 04:59:23 PM »

Yeah - no one else who traveled from around the world will be bummed that they aren't seeing the first show as it was sold to them. Pity party of 1 right here. Why is it obvious that a promised member not showing up would be foul, but the promised "first show" is not.  Hey - it will still be a lot of fun even if Duff isn't there.  You've still got Axl and Slash. People will still have fun.

I'm still going, but I'm not sure I would have made the decision to go in the first place if it hadn't been advertised as the first show.  They advertised it as such because they perceived value in that.  They were right. It did have value.
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2016, 05:14:23 PM »

So what if the "secret show" is just a press conference?  Or they play 2 or 3 songs acoustic in a press conference type setting but without a stage or just axl, slash and duff? 

Mike
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2016, 05:47:39 PM »

Yes it will still be a lot of fun.  But the value has been reduced from what was advertised and sold.

No it hasn't. It a band playing songs in an arena. Quit whining.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2016, 05:47:54 PM »

Yeah - no one else who traveled from around the world will be bummed that they aren't seeing the first show as it was sold to them. Pity party of 1 right here. Why is it obvious that a promised member not showing up would be foul, but the promised "first show" is not.  Hey - it will still be a lot of fun even if Duff isn't there.  You've still got Axl and Slash. People will still have fun.

I'm still going, but I'm not sure I would have made the decision to go in the first place if it hadn't been advertised as the first show.  They advertised it as such because they perceived value in that.  They were right. It did have value.

You sound like you should go to a Kanye West concert instead of a Guns N Roses show.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »

I bought my Vegas tickets less than a week after they went on sale, from an online reseller...paid a $200 premium over face value.  Was as happy as can be.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:54:12 AM by Kasanova King » Logged

-KK
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2016, 06:33:21 PM »

I don't get it, you were never going to the LA show. That show is going to be so limited that there is almost a 0% chance you would get tickets. You then have the ability to go to Las Vegas to see them open an arena and play their first large stage performance with what will almost undoubtedly be a much longer set. For example you may be the first to hear The General or something like that, because they play a small set of classic songs tomorrow (if it even happens).
Slashblack
Opening Act

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2016, 06:37:55 PM »

Sorry if I missed this earlier, but the Troubadour's Facebook page has shows listed today and Saturday, but nothing for tomorrow...interesting, given the circumstances.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2016, 06:39:19 PM »

As someone else stated. You paid money for tickets to the first Arena show open to the general public and that's what you will get.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2016, 06:40:22 PM »

You sound like you should go to a Kanye West concert instead of a Guns N Roses show.

rofl i was thinking this.. you beat me to it.  Cheesy
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2016, 06:44:41 PM »

So what if the "secret show" is just a press conference?  Or they play 2 or 3 songs acoustic in a press conference type setting but without a stage or just axl, slash and duff? 

"JUST"??!!!??  Who here doesn't think that any one of those scenarios would still be amazing to be witness to?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2016, 06:48:48 PM »

I'm still hoping they announce another full arena show prior to Vegas so I can actually go!!!!!

I'd kill to just have a vegas ticket near facevalue right now and people going are complaining about a 500 ticket show for mostly friends and family rofl
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2016, 07:09:36 PM »

I'm happy as a pig in shit to be going to Vegas for the show on the 8th.. And then be able to go see them again at Coachella the following week! I always expected some kind of warm up show(s), had I known about the Vegas shows before the Coachella, I would have booked my ass to Cali from today -20th. I might have been there then but , so fucking what, I hope that someone is kind enough to give a lil glimpse into what ever goes on if anything. It sure as hell isn't gonna dampen my experience next week, seeing a bunch of board members and having some drinks and hanging out, enjoying the atmosphere and seeing a more kick ass shows to notch on my belt!! 28 and 29 to be precise!!! SO rock the fuck on!! And quit complaining!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2016, 07:14:39 PM »

Arena, stadium, a show in shoe box with Duff playing bongos, Slash on the tambourine and Axl on a whistle playing an alternative version of Mary had a little lamb...man, I would be happy with anything!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: