Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:49:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  * October 25th, 2006 Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum ** DISCUSSION **
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * October 25th, 2006 Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum ** DISCUSSION **  (Read 35190 times)
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 03:55:58 AM »

Just got back from the show.

Most amazing night of my life.

Awesome, stunning, breathtaking, 1992-revisted...

Interest was very positive in the new band, not alot of Axl bashers around. Very up mood, and very electric. Once GN'R finally came on, more people showed up, and the venue looked sold out. Remember the upper deck seats were never sold, it was closed off by security. And security was TIGHT. People in the pit were getting tossed before Bach even finished his set. Just the typical moshing that got out of control. One cat that got thrown had to be restrained by a couple of guys, and he was still trying to fight security. Many cell phone cameras in my area were being taken. Yeah that's right, the cell phone's are no longer invincible to the security. Even in the seats they 3-4 ushers going up and down the isles making people put them up. You get caught again, it's gone. Plus it was hard to get away with seat theft. Alot of the stragglers were being thrown out of sections they didn't have tickets for, and it was really impossible to even get away with it it was so tight. At least where I was at.

Entering the venue was a joke. Just a sea of people, thousands, all pushing together to get in... real old skool.

GNR's gotta be making a small fortune off this new merch. Not only is it as expensive as it is, but alot of shit was getting sold out, and if it was still around only one size was still available.

Funny thing is, the marketing. The venue was FREEZING! Not only was it kinda chilly outside, but then the venue was even colder. I watched nearly two rows of people around me, literally get up and go buy hoodies just to get warm. Brilliant marketing. I went and bought a jacket, lol!

Band was stunning. Same kinda set, except the big surprise for the night was USED TO LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!

I freaked out when they started playing it.

Anyways it rocked, yo momma, and blame Canada!

P.S.

GNR didn't come on 'til midnight! But it just made the crowd more anxious.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 04:02:20 AM by The Legend » Logged

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 03:58:52 AM »

Awesome, stunning, breaktaking, 1992-revisted...

Interest was very positive in the new band, not alot of Axl bashers around. Very up mood, and very electric. Once GN'R finally came on, more people showed up, and the venue looked sold out. Remember the upper deck seats were never sold, it was closed off by security. And security was TIGHT. People in the pit were getting tossed before Bach even finished his set. Just the typical moshing the got out of control. One cat that got thrown had to be restrained by a couple of guys, and he was still trying to fight security.

Entering the venue was a joke. Just a sea of people, thousands, all pushing together to get in... real old skool.

GNR's gotta be making a small fortune off this new merch. Not only is it as expensive as it is, but alot of shit was getting sold out, and if it was still around only one size was still available.

Funny thing is, the marketing. The venue was FREEZING! Not only was it kinda chilly outside, but then the venue was even colder. I watched nearly two rows of people around me, literally get up and go buy hoodies just to get warm. Brilliant marketing. I went and bought a jacket, lol!

Band was stunning. Same kinda set, except the big surprise for the night was USED TO LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!

P.S.

Thanks for the review, glad you had a great time.

Now maybe lennonisgod will stop bitching about the same setlist everynight since they played a rare "Used To Love Her"
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 04:00:14 AM »

Awesome cool to hear you had a great time... anything cool happen at the show?? how so sold out was it ??
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 04:01:56 AM »

Thanks for the review Legend. beer So CD was played? I'm really hoping they play that song on a regular basis. Or at least play it again on Jan. 10th Grin

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 04:02:23 AM »

Interest was very positive in the new band, not alot of Axl bashers around. Very up mood, and very electric. Once GN'R finally came on, more people showed up, and the venue looked sold out. Remember the upper deck seats were never sold, it was closed off by security. And security was TIGHT. People in the pit were getting tossed before Bach even finished his set. Just the typical moshing the got out of control. One cat that got thrown had to be restrained by a couple of guys, and he was still trying to fight security.

P.S.

Thats what Im talking about , good shit, glad you had a blast!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 04:10:16 AM »

I get the feeling Estero is gonna be a limited amount of people. 'Cause I know where it's at, and I know it's size. It ain't Tampa or the Forum that's for sure.

I'm definitely wondering if we'll get A) a smaller set, and or B) No encore.

I dunno, we'll see. But I think Estero might not be as heavy on the people, like Tampa was.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 04:18:01 AM »

Thanks for the review and for putting this back on topic ok beer

Great to hear the crowd getting into the newer songs yes

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 04:20:30 AM »

Everybody loved all of the new songs, but I gotta say, CD got the crowd going more than anything. It was 'old-era' equivalent.
Thats great. smoking Good to know that the crowd is having a good reaction to the new songs, especially CD. Its worthy of being the opener in my opinion beer

newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 04:23:37 AM »

Everybody loved all of the new songs, but I gotta say, CD got the crowd going more than anything. It was 'old-era' equivalent.
Thats great. smoking Good to know that the crowd is having a good reaction to the new songs, especially CD. Its worthy of being the opener in my opinion beer

ESPECIALLY with that new intro....man I love it!! to bad the rest of the song is just GOOD, but the intro is AWESOME.
BlueTree'sandGreemGrass
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 04:24:31 AM »

I am so glad the crowd liked CD - it is a rocking track! I just love the new intro and the outro (last 8 bars or so) is fucking amazing. The addition of used to love her is cool too, it shows there is going to be some variation in the setlist!
BlueTree'sandGreemGrass
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 04:31:13 AM »

Yeh, it would be great if they opened their shows with CD. It would be a shock to the crowd, but it would really demonstrate the importance of the song.
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 04:33:33 AM »

Okay a review from a "normal" fan on a non-gnr forum: (from Tuesday)

Tuesday, October 24th 2006. Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL.

*First show of Northamerican Tour.

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo, Out Ta Get Me, Better, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, I.R.S., Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain
Encores: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City

Sebastian Bach opened the show, then Papa Roach. Papa Roach finished their set at 10pm. After about 1 hour waiting for Gn'R to come out, people started to lose their patience, and some of us who knew about Axl's background were starting to get worried about a possible no-show on Axl's part. But fortunately, at about 11.20 the lights went out and the first notes to Welcome to the Jungle started to fill the place. During the first few songs I was in complete awe, and I almost cried of happiness, haha. I had this really stupid smile on my face pretty much throughout the whole show.

The crowd's energy was unbelievable. Everyone sang along to every freaking song. Specially at the beginning, the people were so loud that they almost overpowered the music. Great crowd participation during Knocking on Heaven's Door, with the special back-to-back sing along between Axl and the crowd.

Axl's voice? It's still as good as it ever was, or perhaps even BETTER! He still has it. The voice, the energy, the moves, and the presence.

The musicians? very good indeed. They nailed every song. The one who stood out for me was Richard Fortus. GREAT guitarrist, his solos were fantastic.

The lights were awesome as well, as were the fireworks and fireballs throghout the show, and the huge rain of little red papers at the end of Paradise City.

Sebastian Bach joined Axl on stage for My Michelle. He rocked. The show ended at about 1.30 am. They played for a little more than 2 hours.

Axl doesn't seem to be the "asshole" he used to be. It seems he matured, or maybe it was, like he said, all those nights of partying before the show that had him mellowed out, and that he didn't know if he was gonna survive Miami!

What else can I say? It was an excellent show. IT FUCKIN' ROCKED!  and I'm extremely glad I had the chance to witness it.

P.S.: Chinese Democracy seems like a very promising album, this new Gn'R is on to something. That's an album I'll get for sure when it comes out.

Put that into perspective when you think about things
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 04:41:45 AM »

that rocks! Thanks for posting that

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 04:43:07 AM »

Thats cool nice find ?ok

So it's not just us GN'R fanatics that are getting into the new band. yes

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 04:49:01 AM »

Okay a review from a "normal" fan on a non-gnr forum: (from Tuesday)

Tuesday, October 24th 2006. Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL.

*First show of Northamerican Tour.

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo, Out Ta Get Me, Better, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, I.R.S., Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain
Encores: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City

Sebastian Bach opened the show, then Papa Roach. Papa Roach finished their set at 10pm. After about 1 hour waiting for Gn'R to come out, people started to lose their patience, and some of us who knew about Axl's background were starting to get worried about a possible no-show on Axl's part. But fortunately, at about 11.20 the lights went out and the first notes to Welcome to the Jungle started to fill the place. During the first few songs I was in complete awe, and I almost cried of happiness, haha. I had this really stupid smile on my face pretty much throughout the whole show.

The crowd's energy was unbelievable. Everyone sang along to every freaking song. Specially at the beginning, the people were so loud that they almost overpowered the music. Great crowd participation during Knocking on Heaven's Door, with the special back-to-back sing along between Axl and the crowd.

Axl's voice? It's still as good as it ever was, or perhaps even BETTER! He still has it. The voice, the energy, the moves, and the presence.

The musicians? very good indeed. They nailed every song. The one who stood out for me was Richard Fortus. GREAT guitarrist, his solos were fantastic.

The lights were awesome as well, as were the fireworks and fireballs throghout the show, and the huge rain of little red papers at the end of Paradise City.

Sebastian Bach joined Axl on stage for My Michelle. He rocked. The show ended at about 1.30 am. They played for a little more than 2 hours.

Axl doesn't seem to be the "asshole" he used to be. It seems he matured, or maybe it was, like he said, all those nights of partying before the show that had him mellowed out, and that he didn't know if he was gonna survive Miami!

What else can I say? It was an excellent show. IT FUCKIN' ROCKED!? and I'm extremely glad I had the chance to witness it.

P.S.: Chinese Democracy seems like a very promising album, this new Gn'R is on to something. That's an album I'll get for sure when it comes out.

Put that into perspective when you think about things

That was basically Tampa's setlist, except if I remember correctly, Used To Love Her was played in-between Michelle & Patience.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 04:49:59 AM »

Thanks for the review, Legend, sounds like you had a fantastic time. ? beer

I know what you mean about '92 revisted 'cos that's just how I felt when I saw them in Europe. ?The 02 shows never quite hit the mark for me for a combination of reasons, (band-related and 'cos of personal stuff) but this year I was literally blown away and back to the emotions and energy I'd felt seeing the band during the Illusion days.

The merchandise was going a bomb over here too but with the boiling temperatures in the venue I felt a right berk buying a hoodie. ?Got the last laugh now though as we go into winter. ?Grin

Cheers again for taking the time to post, it's much appreciated. ?ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2006, 05:26:52 AM »

No setlist?!?!?!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 05:38:40 AM »

No setlist?!?!?!

If I remember correctly...

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Robin Guitar Solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
You Could Be Mine
Piano Jam
Dizzy Piano Solo
The Blues
Band Introductions
Richard & Robin Guitar Solo (Beautiful) [yes, it did return tonight]
Out Ta Get Me
Better
Piano Moving Jam
November Rain
I.R.S.
Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry)
My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach)
Used To Love Her
Patience
Nightrain

ENCORE:
Chinese Democracy
Paradise City

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 06:23:19 AM »

I have a friend who lives in Germany, and she stayed up until like 4 a.m. her time just to see Axl's 30 second appearance at the VMAs.

Never heard about recorders ?

If she has to work, maybe she can't stay up all night waiting for Axl to start, don't you think ?

And maybe for her it's more important to work because maybe she's got responsabilities and stuffs, you know; like a family, a house or something ?

She went for 4 songs, because she wanted to see Axl and the band. She could have stayed home.

Anyway, I'm sorry I just had to say it ...

Back on the subject, thankx The Legend for the concert's setlist ok

I hope Madagascar is going to be played in the forthcoming shows.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 06:25:40 AM by NicoRourke » Logged

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 06:54:47 AM »

By the way, all of you cats on merchandise.

Some of the Europeans can correct me if i'm wrong on something...

But I haven't seen anything that different from Europe. Same designs, except 2006 NA tour. Same designs are available in both tee's & hoodies. The concert tour date shirts, have the corrected Jacksonville-Halloween show date on them, and Sunrise listed as the first show, which leads me to believe this was always the case, and the news just came late.

Cotton wristbands with new-vintage/throwback GN'R logo.

New-vintage/throwback GN'R logo flags.

The baseball jersey & hockey jerseys.

Cool new-GNR related watch.

New-GNR baseball caps & old-GNR beanies.

The only thing different I saw, that wasn't mentioned in Europe (or I don't remember), is now there's a white-Tee available that has the red & yellow logo, that was previously only available on a black tee. Same design, just an additional white tee also.

And, a new-GNR denim jacket is also available... I picked one up, but it's the most expensive item at $125 bones.

There's also various Papa Roach & Baz shits also.

I posted this to let you guys know... this is what's there. I highly doubt it's gonna change mid-way through the tour. So most likely, this is what you can plan on for the rest of the tour. So no more merch related threads.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: