Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227905 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  New Song Sound Sample (Come on Come in)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Song Sound Sample (Come on Come in)  (Read 35590 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2005, 07:02:02 PM »

The clip is definetaly overshadowed by that picture of Jessica Alba.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2005, 07:08:59 PM »

give it a chance people, i hardly think 35 seconds gives the song justice so far, lets hear then full thing then slag it off if its shit
well remember irs was an instant classic in 32 seconds of shit audio.. Message boards that people have picked sides only give their side the time of day and take the time to listen to an entire song before knocking it or praising it.. before certain people post you already know what they will say towards any new vr music..
i can't give an honest answer,opinion yet.. It could be a ballad, it could become ahard rocker and build up, who knows?? Same shit happened with the stb's teaser I had no idea..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2005, 07:14:30 PM »

I like what I hear so far.  After 32 seconds of IRS, I didn't know what to think, but everyone loved it.  On the VR side, on a song where I could actually make out what was going on, I liked it.  I thought it rocked.  We shall see.  I am sure a killer solo by Slash will make for the bad parts we don't like.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2005, 07:40:11 PM »

Sounded fine to me, a lot like Cult.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2005, 08:20:58 PM »

I thought it sounded pretty good too. Can't wait to hear the whole song... Definately didn't hear Slither in there...

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2005, 08:50:59 PM »

It sounds ok, nothing to get too excited over. It's only a stream, so the quality is pretty ordinary and it's hard to make out the riff properly.

I remember when snippets of Slither first came out it was kind of similar, but that turned out to be one of my fav VR songs, so I'll wait to hear the whole song before making judgement.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2005, 09:27:24 PM »

meh not the grwatest thing ever recorded but whatever. I like the clip from LOSER better
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2005, 10:07:21 PM »

Sounds like Dumb Love. I can hear that.

For a 32 sec clip, it didn't do much for me.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2005, 12:04:27 AM »

i like it so far. will wait for the whole thing...

now you know me better
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2005, 04:39:06 AM »

I'll reserve final judgement untill I hear the full version, but this doesn't look too promising.  I remember hearing "Set Me Free" two years ago and thinking how bad ass it was.  It singlehandedly drove me to research "The Project" and I couldn't wait to hear Contraband.  Although I love Slash and Duff, I've always questioned the longevity of this band.  Hopefully this small clip isn't reflective of the next VR release.  I was really hoping for some rockers like STB and SMF along with songs like FTP and LTA.  Let's hope they haven't sold out to pop rock.
darkmonth
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2005, 04:59:12 AM »

I like what I hear so far.? After 32 seconds of IRS, I didn't know what to think, but everyone loved it.? On the VR side, on a song where I could actually make out what was going on, I liked it.? I thought it rocked.? We shall see.? I am sure a killer solo by Slash will make for the bad parts we don't like.

I personally think that demo of IRS is rubbish.  I can't wait to hear the final one but the demo was absolute crap.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2005, 06:35:20 AM »

Sounds good to me. A Contraband-style edit with promising riffs.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
James_Ramone
Headliner

Right next door to hell

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2005, 06:43:38 AM »

I like what I hear so far.  After 32 seconds of IRS, I didn't know what to think, but everyone loved it.  On the VR side, on a song where I could actually make out what was going on, I liked it.  I thought it rocked.  We shall see.  I am sure a killer solo by Slash will make for the bad parts we don't like.

I personally think that demo of IRS is rubbish.  I can't wait to hear the final one but the demo was absolute crap.

I also think people are overrating IRS on what we've hard so far, it sounded OK, but just because it signifies Axl has done something in the past 13 years, some people seem to think it automatically means its ace.

the new VR song on the other hand, sounds very Contraband style, and if you like contraband i think you will like this song, if you dont, then you probably wont

G'N'F'N'R's
James_Ramone
Headliner

Right next door to hell

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2005, 06:51:09 AM »

in none VR related news, shitty simple plan have covered the cheap trick song "surrender" for the fantastic four album , i listened to the clip and it sounded awful as i expected. Seems surrender is a popular song to cover, in the last few years, Vr, simple plan and less than jake have covered it, probably more so

G'N'F'N'R's
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2005, 07:25:39 AM »

I had another listen to it at proper volume and it's definitely a grower. It reminds me a bit of Superhuman, and the mix is pretty heavy too, well heavier than the muddy sound of Contraband.

I look forward to hearing the rest of it ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2005, 07:31:16 AM »

i think slash is loosing it. at least he isn't so overpowering here. in the old days ( gn'r Snakepit, and even sum VR stuff) u could pick right away that was a slash riff and sound. this isn't he's ordinary stuff.
i don't dislike it. but it's not my kind of music either. at least they're making money and they r happy
hooray for slash and the boys  beer

Chinese Democracy!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2005, 10:34:32 AM »

I don't understand why people find it so hard to understand that without Izzy VR is never going to sound like Guns! The best they could do is that UYI "You Could Be Mine" "Right next door to hell" "Sucker train Blues" sound. Live with it! learn to like this band. This clip is very promising so far for a soundtrack song! I'm sure there will be more experimentation on the record!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2005, 10:56:16 AM »

it does sound like STP, it's between dumb love and unglued !

SLither is hot Heaven And Hot Rods  Grin

ps: Woody VR  wtf?  Angry I'm wooody  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2005, 11:27:15 AM »

Sounds nice but you can't really judge something from 34 seconds.

Does anybody know what happened to the song from the Batman Begins soundtrack?

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2005, 12:03:07 PM »

I don't understand why people find it so hard to understand that without Izzy VR is never going to sound like Guns! The best they could do is that UYI "You Could Be Mine" "Right next door to hell" "Sucker train Blues" sound. Live with it! learn to like this band. This clip is very promising so far for a soundtrack song! I'm sure there will be more experimentation on the record!

To me the Slash sound is gone, along with the Slash sounding riffs... Contraband doesn't sound like the real Slash for me, which is blues based rock n' roll with great solos and not like the stuff you hear on Contraband.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: