Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:39:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Receiving Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame - July 10th
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Receiving Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame - July 10th  (Read 37352 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 17, 2010, 06:52:43 PM »

On Thursday 17th June 2010, @perlafhudson said:

After being nominated by his wife, Perla Hudson, and dear friend, Clifton Collins, it is with great pleasure to let you know that the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced today that Slash will be a recipient of a Hollywood Walk of Fame Star in 2011. The date of the ceremony has not been scheduled yet, but once it is we will let you know and we hope that you would be able to join us in celebrating this honor with Slash

And:

The star will be unveiled sometime in 2011, although a specific date and location have not been confirmed. Others scheduled to be inducted into the Walk of Fame next year include Melissa Etheridge, Los Tigres Del Norte, the Go-Go's, Slash, Will i Am and BeBe and CeCe Winans.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:13:33 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »

On Thursday 17th June 2010, @perlafhudson said:

After being nominated by his wife, Perla Hudson, and dear friend, Clifton Collins, it is with great pleasure to let you know that the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced today that Slash will be a recipient of a Hollywood Walk of Fame Star in 2011. The date of the ceremony has not been scheduled yet, but once it is we will let you know and we hope that you would be able to join us in celebrating this honor with Slash

And:

The star will be unveiled sometime in 2011, although a specific date and location have not been confirmed. Others scheduled to be inducted into the Walk of Fame next year include Melissa Etheridge, Los Tigres Del Norte, the Go-Go's, Slash, Will i Am and BeBe and CeCe Winans.

hihi rofl hihi

Congratulations Saul & Perla.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 07:46:52 AM »

Congrats Slash well deserved and about time!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »

Funny how will iam gets one too, its ridiculous rofl

and wheres Axl one?

Oh My God i cant deny this...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 09:01:11 AM »

axl doesn't go out much to have one of those

Chinese Democracy!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »

Perla nominated him:

6 months ago my bro @cliftoncollins n I nominated slash for a star on hollywood blvd n he got the approval today! Slash is getting a star!

about 15 hours ago via UberTwitter

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »

Funny how will iam gets one too, its ridiculous rofl

If you pay, you can get a star. It costs you $25,000....

Not every musician, actor etc. is after that kind of self promotion.

Led Zeppelin has no star, for example....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 02:12:31 PM »

If you pay, you can get a star. It costs you $25,000....

You can't just buy a star without being "selected", I believe.  And it looks like someone has to nominate you.

Nomination process

Each year, an average of 200 nominations are submitted to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Walk of Fame Selection Committee. Anyone, including fans, can nominate anyone active in the field of entertainment, as long as the nominee or his or her management is in agreement with the nomination. (A letter of agreement from the nominated celebrity or representative must accompany the application.) Nominees must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the category for which they are nominated. Posthumous nominees must be deceased at least 5 years. At a meeting each June, the Committee selects approximately 20 celebrities to receive stars on the Walk of Fame during the following year. One posthumous award is given each year as well. The nominations of those not selected are "rolled over" to the following year for reconsideration; those not selected two years in a row are dropped, and must be renominated to receive further consideration. Living recipients must agree to personally attend a presentation ceremony within five years of selection. A relative of deceased recipients must attend posthumous presentations. Presentation ceremonies are open to the public.[60]

A fee (currently USD $25,000), payable at time of selection, is collected to pay for the creation and installation of the star, as well as general maintenance of the Walk of Fame. The fee is usually paid by the nominating organization, which may be a fan club, or a film studio, record company, broadcaster, or other sponsor involved with the honoree's current or ongoing project.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 05:25:11 PM »

Yeah. Someone has to nominate you. Like your spouse!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 07:43:24 PM »

I can't believe that a fee of $25.000 has to be payed for the star. I feel it should be something that is done out the goodness of the state, for someones achievements. I feel the cost can be collected another way, for example a percentage of the tourism from the city, which benefits from attractions such as this.

I don't think getting a star is as prestigious as it once was, and in my view that fee just takes away more credibility.

It's just another example of how Slash has commercialized himself, and to recieve an honour like this. Is in my view not very honourable for the sole reason of what the attraction has become today.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 08:17:09 PM »

Commercialized himself? what signed mainstream band isn't commercialized?

STar on the walk of fame is cool. when u die, people will still see it and remember u. I think he definitely has earned one.

u all make it sound like just any avg Joe can get one. the money is used for the upkeep,construction etc.
u really think taxpayers would shell out for something like this regardless of who it was? no way.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 10:41:41 PM »

Yeah. Someone has to nominate you. Like your spouse!

/jarmo

Yeah, looks like she wanted it.  From her Twitter account:

Got the biggest anouncement of our lives! Guess what?
4:59 PM Jun 17th via UberTwitter

I always thought you were "chosen" to receive a star.  Turns out you sort of "apply" for one.  Undecided

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 10:54:12 PM »

I always thought you were "chosen" to receive a star.  Turns out you sort of "apply" for one.

You still do have to be "chosen" at least in the sense that while anyone can apply, they are still very selective about who actually gets one. It's like getting into Harvard I guess you could liken it to. Anyone can apply, but only the best and brightest are admitted.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »

It's like getting into Harvard I guess you could liken it to. Anyone can apply, but only the best and brightest are admitted.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Wink

Here is the complete list of celebrities chosen to receive stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame:

Motion Pictures

* Penelope Cruz
* Bruce Dern
* Laura Dern
* Diane Ladd
* Ed Harris
* The Muppets
* Kenny Ortega
* Gwyneth Paltrow
* Ridley Scott
* Sissy Spacek
* Donald Sutherland
* Reese Witherspoon

Television

* Danny DeVito
* Tina Fey
* Simon Fuller
* Neil Patrick Harris
* John Langley
* Ed O'Neill
* John Wells
* Oprah Winfrey

Recording

* Melissa Etheridge
* LOS TIGRES DEL NORTE
* RASCAL FLATTS
* THE GO-GO'S
* Slash
* Will.I.Am
* Bebe & Cece Winans
* Buddy Holly (posthumous)
* Louis Prima (posthumous)

Live Performance/Theatre

* Joe Mantegna

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 02:19:56 AM »

Slash likes the limelight...so more power to him.

That's all that this is. Doesn't mean anything on an artistic level.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 06:06:49 AM »

That is one shit list, is that seriously all the people with a star? I was under the illusion it stood for something more.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 06:26:58 AM »

That is one shit list, is that seriously all the people with a star? I was under the illusion it stood for something more.

Exactly! i thought it was restricted to people who had great achivements. Totally lost credibility now that i know of that fee.
Jarmo do you nominate only celebrities or someone can nominate you for paying the fee as well? Like imagine if someone here in the forum wanted a star.. do u think they could?

Oh My God i cant deny this...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 07:55:06 AM »

It's like getting into Harvard I guess you could liken it to. Anyone can apply, but only the best and brightest are admitted.

Here is the complete list of celebrities chosen to receive stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame:

Motion Pictures

* Penelope Cruz
* Bruce Dern
* Laura Dern
* Diane Ladd
* Ed Harris
* The Muppets
* Kenny Ortega
* Gwyneth Paltrow
* Ridley Scott
* Sissy Spacek
* Donald Sutherland
* Reese Witherspoon

Television

* Danny DeVito
* Tina Fey
* Simon Fuller
* Neil Patrick Harris
* John Langley
* Ed O'Neill
* John Wells
* Oprah Winfrey

Recording

* Melissa Etheridge
* LOS TIGRES DEL NORTE
* RASCAL FLATTS
* THE GO-GO'S
* Slash
* Will.I.Am
* Bebe & Cece Winans

Live Performance/Theatre

* Joe Mantegna

please, who on that list doesn't deserve a star?

Enough with the ass kissing in this thread people, u aren't going backstage

not u funky... talking to a few of the others.

Slash is on tour, getting HUGE Rave reviews, so of course right on time, people have to come on and take shots at him. typical.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 08:26:09 AM »

Motion Pictures

* Penelope Cruz
* Bruce Dern
* Laura Dern
* Diane Ladd
* Ed Harris
* The Muppets
* Kenny Ortega
* Gwyneth Paltrow
* Ridley Scott
* Sissy Spacek
* Donald Sutherland
* Reese Witherspoon

Television

* Danny DeVito
* Tina Fey
* Simon Fuller
* Neil Patrick Harris
* John Langley
* Ed O'Neill
* John Wells
* Oprah Winfrey

Recording

* Melissa Etheridge
* LOS TIGRES DEL NORTE
* RASCAL FLATTS
* THE GO-GO'S
* Slash
* Will.I.Am
* Bebe & Cece Winans

Live Performance/Theatre

* Joe Mantegna

please, who on that list doesn't deserve a star?

Enough with the ass kissing in this thread people, u aren't going backstage

not u funky... talking to a few of the others.

Slash is on tour, getting HUGE Rave reviews, so of course right on time, people have to come on and take shots at him. typical.

I hope you're not talking about me either D.

I have been to 14 GN'R shows, and have never waited around after the show has finished or even in the car park for that matter. I sometimes consider it rude to even wait around the back doors to the venue, but I know some people mean well.

I have heard you say this a few times now to people who express their feelings about Slash.

You are not even qualified to say that comment to a fan who has travelled all over the world to see GN'R. And will continue to do so, as GN'R are my life and I love watching them live.

I think it's discusting that you say comments like these, to people expressing their honest opinions.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 08:54:21 AM »

Of course whenever anyone says anything bad about slash D comes along with his "stop ass kissing you are not going backstage" shit. I think he must be really jealous that some people get to go backstage and he never has, but that is another topic altogether.

As for this "achievement" slash is getting, anything that your wife nominates you for and you have to pay to receive is not worth getting IMO. If it was some huge honor and slash really deserved it than wouldn't people other than his wife (ie: entertainment industry big wigs) nominate him instead?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: