Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:34:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 244559 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #1020 on: January 31, 2009, 07:32:41 PM »

You guys misspelled my name...it's not Nostradamus...it's Nostradumb-ass.   hihi

Axl4Prez2004, I don't consider you a dumbass. I was really just poking at you for your prediction in the NFC Championship game.  Grin

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1021 on: January 31, 2009, 08:18:46 PM »

You guys misspelled my name...it's not Nostradamus...it's Nostradumb-ass.   hihi

Axl4Prez2004, I don't consider you a dumbass. I was really just poking at you for your prediction in the NFC Championship game.  Grin

Thanks man.  Yeah, the prognostication business aint easy.  I really think it has the potential to be a good game...but a late td should give the Steelers the cover.  We shall see!  All I know is I'll be enjoying lots of food that isn't good for me.  Good times!  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #1022 on: February 01, 2009, 12:04:41 AM »

Thanks man.  Yeah, the prognostication business aint easy.  I really think it has the potential to be a good game...but a late td should give the Steelers the cover.  We shall see!  All I know is I'll be enjoying lots of food that isn't good for me.  Good times!  peace

I have it planned out. Wake up. Smoke a shit load of weed, starve myself till kick-off, be hungry as fuck and gain 50 pounds tomorrow from the junk im gonna be eating.  rofl And every once in awhile a tear will shed as I have flash backs to Asante and Rodney dropping picks and the shooter being wide open in the end zone. Cry

I will rooting for the Cards as I will be watching it with some long time cardinal fans. But the steelers are gonna win. 35-17...be competitive early but steelers d will be too much for warner and that o-line to handle. I hope I am wrong though. Go Cardinals. As a friend of mine says, "We are who we thought we were, Shock the world!" rofl smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #1023 on: February 01, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »

I really hope the Arizona Cradinals win tonight! Go Cardinals!   ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1024 on: February 01, 2009, 10:35:45 AM »

I'm pulling for the Cardinals, but in reality I think the Steelers will win.  I can't believe just a month ago I sat there in the snow and watched the Patriots destroy the Cardinals with my own eyes.  The Pats didn't even make the playoffs and here the Cards are in the Super Bowl.  I mean, they were absolutely pathetic on that day.  Obviously they're playing a lot better now, but we'll see if it's good enough.  The Steelers proved they were the best team in the AFC and they're also playing real well.  As for the offense vs. defense aspect, it is true that defense usually prevails.  Last year the Giants played superb defense and ruined the Patriots run at a perfect season.  They showed the world that they could stop the Pats prolific offense.  This year it's the other way around.  The Steelers are expected to stop the Cardinals.  Could the Cards prove to the world that they CAN score against the vaunted Steelers D?  I think they can and I think it'll be a close game.

My hopeful prediction is Cards 24-23

My realistic predicition is Steelers 23-20

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1025 on: February 01, 2009, 11:24:10 AM »

Let's go Cardinals, let's go!!! beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #1026 on: February 01, 2009, 12:36:37 PM »

I haven't been looking forward to this Superbowl at all. I still view the Arizona Cardinals as major overachievers and I think the Steelers are going to absolutely destroy them tonight. I also keep thinking about the suckfest the Cardinals displayed against the Patriots in December and think, 'man, what if this is that kind of game?'

I'm pulling for the Steelers, but mainly I just hope that the game is entertaining and competitive.

I mean, last year nobody gave the Giants a chance, so it's possible the Cardinals could win tonight.

Here Today . . .
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #1027 on: February 01, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »

I haven't been looking forward to this Superbowl at all.

Well said. For me, this just isn't one of those appealing Superbowl's with great a match up. Pittsburgh is just an unappealing, boring team to me. Baltimore was the other boring team as well. No interest at all. Like I said a couple of weeks ago, the only way I'd watch any of the Superbowl was if Arizona made it. I still may watch a little bit of it but it's highly unlikely I'll watch more than ten minutes of the entire game. And that's including the commercials.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1028 on: February 01, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »

^Seriously Drew?  I'd watch the Super Bowl if it was Detroit-Cleveland.  I love this game.  Plus the commercials, plus the halftime show...if the rest of my family wasn't sick right now I'd be on Cloud Nine!

PS remember what I told you folks...Steelers by 11.  Enjoy!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1029 on: February 01, 2009, 04:04:27 PM »

anyone else find it ironic that NBC is using Bill Belichick's special game tape room to discuss strategies of the Steelers and Cardinals?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #1030 on: February 01, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »

^Seriously Drew?  I'd watch the Super Bowl if it was Detroit-Cleveland.  I love this game.  Plus the commercials, plus the halftime show...if the rest of my family wasn't sick right now I'd be on Cloud Nine!

PS remember what I told you folks...Steelers by 11.  Enjoy!

Yeah, I'm just not up for this match up or any of the match ups over the pass four or five years. I think it event as become way overblown even when there are two appealing teams playing. But I do hope all that watch the game enjoy it.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1031 on: February 01, 2009, 09:14:23 PM »

Am i the only one that thinks the refs are completely trying to take this game out of the players hands? Let these guys just play!
makane
Legend

« Reply #1032 on: February 01, 2009, 09:47:21 PM »

Heh.

Awesome timing on YCBM, if you noticed  Grin

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1033 on: February 01, 2009, 09:49:22 PM »

D must be shitting himself right now.  rofl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1034 on: February 01, 2009, 10:15:21 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

just won 200 bucks

I did a 6pt teaser and took Pittsburgh

so basically it was a Pick Em and I took under 52.5 pts

when Fitzgerald scored, I was about to DIE!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #1035 on: February 01, 2009, 10:24:56 PM »

Steelers were lucky, very lucky.

I am not saying that they did not deserve to win, but take away the 3 points that the refs gave them in the 3rd period from bullshit calls, and the one huge mistake by Warner, and it is a Cards win.

Oh well, I still have to get up and work tomorrow no matter who won. Good game, but the Cards "should have" won this one.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1036 on: February 01, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

Nah, Zona just blew it

u have a lead with 2minutes to go and u let them drive and score a TD

that is on Arizona

For the record, I didn't think Kurt Warner fumbled on that last play.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #1037 on: February 01, 2009, 10:28:18 PM »

Arizona DID NOT deserve to win, and i'm glad they didn't.

Pitt dominated the first half, and for some stupid reason with 10 minutes to go in the fourth quarter and only up by two scores they went into a modified prevent defense.. I can not for the life of me understand why you would do something like that, considering your defense is what got you to the big game in the first place. Going away from that is just stupid and idiotic, and almost cost them the game.

Arizona only scored on those plays because of that modified prevent defense, had the Steelers played normal defense things may have turned out a bit differently IMO.

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1038 on: February 01, 2009, 10:51:44 PM »

Nah, Zona just blew it

u have a lead with 2minutes to go and u let them drive and score a TD

that is on Arizona

For the record, I didn't think Kurt Warner fumbled on that last play.
I agree.  I don't know if it would've made a difference but I at least expected that play to be reviewed.  It certainly looked reviewable whether Warner fumbled or whether it was an incomplete pass.  And I'd be on the incomplete pass side.  I won 60 bucks or so on squares for the 4th quarter but I would've given it all back to see the Cardinals win.  Not a fan of the Steelers, to say the least.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1039 on: February 01, 2009, 10:57:14 PM »

I agree i think the refs clearly blew that call at the end. I doubt it would've made a difference but stranger things have happened. Whoknows what would've happened if the arizona defender didn't fall down allowing pittsburgh to get to first and goal.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: