Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I'm so proud he was driving a Prius
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm so proud he was driving a Prius  (Read 5878 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 02:18:29 AM »

Kids getting in a little trouble is expected, rebelling a little is expected but if your kid turns out to be a serial killer, U gotta kind of think u fucked up.

Im not necessarily sayin the guy was a bad dad? but if your son tries to kill himself and u are so busy with your job u don't even call and check on him but once in 3 months, To me that is not being a good father.

So yeah if your son is a drug dealer, U fucked up somewhere
If your son is a criminal, U fucked up somewhere.

There are exceptions of course but for the most part, Good parents usually equal good kids.
No kid is perfect but they usually end up ok if they've been raised properly.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 02:19:34 AM »

Im not tryin to be insensitive, dont get me wrong

Its just if your kids turn out horrible, I dont want to hear people tryin to give u the father of the year award

There are still people and wrestlers who say Chris Benoit was a dedicated and loving father....... I mean Jesus Christ, I dont think so.

I know u can do your best and sometimes by no fault of your own your kids turn out bad,b ut if your kid kills himself, he obviously had problems and felt he had nowhere to turn.

A good parent wouldn't alienate their child after attempting something so serious.

Right, but a bad child would definitely try to alienate their parents after attempting something so serious.? I'll be the first person to jump up and blame the parents for things, but sometimes people have mental imbalances that just can't be controlled by love and affection.? Hence your Chris Benoit analogy.? Everyone absolutely said Chris Benoit was a great person.....a loving father and husband, a really good friend and a dedicated professional.? Obviously he wasn't a horrible person, but something caused him to snap.? I'm sure that reason wasn't because he dad didn't give him a hug.?
I blame children today just as much as I blame parents.? Kids feel like they're owed some great freedom these days and that's just utter bullshit.?

Where do they get that sense of entitlement?

Having Parents since birth baby and give in to their every demand.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 02:22:05 AM »

To me if your son kills himself........ U FUCKED UP somewhere.

Once you have children, you'll see how incorrect that statement is.

No offense Pharmo, but if you read all of D's statement, he is absolutely right.? D has the balls to say what may not be the most comfortable thing to hear.? ?ok
I've got 2 kids and yeah, D's 100% correct.? Don't forget good ol' Eagles' head coach Andy Reid too.? ?Wink

What D said was stupid.

If you have children then you should know full well that they begin to act on their own and make their own decisions much earlier than you like. You can raise a child a certain way, implement structure, teach them manners, give them hugs, tell them they are loved, teach them to be respectful towards other people, and essentially do everything you can to make them go down the right path. Ultimately they will still make their own choices, many of which a parent will disagree with, but it is not the parents fault if the child makes a bad choice. Ultimately we all have to be responsible for our own actions.

Saying a parent fucked up because their child committed suicide is stupid, a little mean spirited (although I don't think he meant to be), but mostly stupid. Nobody knows what the son was feeling at the time, or thinking, and nobody really knows the relationship between the child and the parent. It certainly isn't fair to either to form an opinion based on what was written in the media.

That's mean.

I try to be a good? father to my step daughter and she is the most disturbed, fucked up, maladjusted? young person I have ever met.? She is scary crazy. Really, mentally? disturbed. Am? I to blame? I think not. As her mother? says, she is who she is. Some people chose to fuck up their lives, no matter? what the parents do or how? hard they try. To blame the? parents? for everyting is lame and a? cop out. The lazy man's answer? for everything. People are? responsible for their own behaviors by the time? they reach 14-15, and? certainly by 24.

Like I said, once he has children, he'll take that comment back.

Its not stupid

If your child tries to kill himself and u then do everything in your power to help him out and he still kills himself. U cant really be blamed.

If your son attempts suicide and u call him once in 3 months................... How the fuck is that being a good parent and how the fuck is that being stupid by saying so?

I don't sugar coat or give people a free pass.

talkin to your obviously disturbed son once in 3 months when u know he tried once to kill himself is being a bad fuckin parent and i dont know how that can be called anything else, especially stupid.

I take great offense to that to be quite honest.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 02:29:06 AM »

Its not stupid

It's stupid.

If your son attempts suicide and u call him once in 3 months................... How the fuck is that being a good parent and how the fuck is that being stupid by saying so?

If somebody bashes Jon Bon Jovi, or Axl, you'd defend them because the media is being "biased" and "unfair". But you'll go by a media report(s) to attack the father whose son killed himself? Do you know the family personally? Do you know this to be true? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no you don't. So you should not make your Bill-O-Type statements about personal matters you do not know about.

That would be one thing if you knew you had the facts. But you don't.

You are offended? But you can make a judgment call on some poor guy whose son killed himself? Basing your opinion on their father/son relationship by what you see on tv or read in the paper? Oh...ok then.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:34:43 AM by Pharmo » Logged
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 02:29:40 AM »

I remember when Indianpolis Colts Coach Tony DUngy's son committed suicide.

Everyone kept sayin what a great person and father he was.......

To me if your son kills himself........ U FUCKED UP somewhere.

His kid attempted suicide 3 months before and they say his dad hadnt called him in months.......

Yeah great father ok

Same with Al Gore

Probably so focused on his political career etc he didnt properly raise his son, just let the nannies do it.

Im not tryin to be insensitive, dont get me wrong

Its just if your kids turn out horrible, I dont want to hear people tryin to give u the father of the year award

There are still people and wrestlers who say Chris Benoit was a dedicated and loving father....... I mean Jesus Christ, I dont think so.

I know u can do your best and sometimes by no fault of your own your kids turn out bad,b ut if your kid kills himself, he obviously had problems and felt he had nowhere to turn.

A good parent wouldn't alienate their child after attempting something so serious.

These are some strange comparisons.  How are a minor drug bust, a suicide, and a murder similar? 

I don't think this says a damn thing about Al Gore's parenting skills.  Maybe the kid likes weed!  Maybe he thinks it's a waste of taxpayer $$$ to fight a "war" against it.  What the fuck do I care? 

At some point, your children are adults, and can make their own decisions. 

But to compare this (or Tony Dungy) to, of all things, a man who murdered his wife and son before killing himself is a bit of a stretch. 

And, just like the one below, it failed.  hihi

You compare fathers of suicide victims and minor drug offenders with a double murderer, and you're offended?  Roll Eyes

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 02:33:39 AM »

At some point, your children are adults, and can make their own decisions. 

Fuckin A right. His son is an adult now, and made the choice to get in his car, drive 100 mph (in a Prius-gawd bless him  hihi) and have weed on his person. That was his choice. I'm sure his parents are sad by it all, and I feel bad for them, it would be a bummer to get that phone call.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 02:36:55 AM »

it would be a bummer to get that phone call.

"Mr. Gore...I have some news about your potential Presidential campaign?"  hihi

Well...for those wondering about the capabilities of hybrid vehicles, this at least proves that all the idiots in LA can still make a decent run from the cops.  100 mph?  Not too shabby! 

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:38:37 AM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 02:39:09 AM »

Its not stupid

It's stupid.

If somebody bashes Jon Bon Jovi, or Axl, you'd defend them because the media is being "biased" and "unfair". But you'll go by a media report(s) to attack the father whose son killed himself? Do you know the family personally? Do you know this to be true? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no you don't. So you should not make your Bill-O-Type statements about personal matters you do not know about.

That would be one thing if you knew you had the facts. But you don't.

You are offended? But you can make a judgment call on some poor guy whose son killed himself? Basing your opinion on their father/son relationship by what you see on tv or read in the paper? Oh...ok then.

But u can rush to judgement when u dont know shit?

For you INFO know it all

his father ADMITTED ON TV he hadn't spoken to him but once in a month or so * I was wrong bout the 3 months I apologize* and that was just a quick phone call.

So there ya go

Dungy urged parents to hug their kids more, express love and cherish their relationships

Direct quote from him.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:53:15 AM by D » Logged

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 02:41:54 AM »

his father ADMITTED ON TV he hadn't spoken to him but once in 2 and half-3 months and that was just a quick phone call.

So there ya go

So?  Suppose the kid didn't answer the phone?  It's not that hard to isolate yourself.  Caller-ID makes it even easier. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 02:52:00 AM »

If your kid has tried suicide and isnt taking your calls, how bout u go over to his house and knock the fuckin door down?

This wasn't a suicide out of the blue, the kid already tried it once.

So if he is actin weird and not answering phone calls or whatever, something should trigger your brain as a parent that something is wrong and u should go to whatever lengths necessary to do all u can.

I don't see how that can be argued with?

Al Gore's kid to me and only speculating but he probably thinks he is a big shot cause MY DAD IS AL GORE so he probably feels he is above the law and can do whatever he wants and get a way with it.

Its not Al Gore's fault his son was speeding with drugs but u gotta wonder why he is doing drugs and if it possibly stems from something bad in his childhood?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007, 02:55:51 AM »

But u can rush to judgement when u dont know shit?

For you INFO know it all

his father ADMITTED ON TV he hadn't spoken to him but once in 2 and half-3 months and that was just a quick phone call.

So there ya go

I'm not judging, you are.

So what if his father said that? Does that mean his father did not call him? His son could have been clinically depressed and shut out the world. I have two friends, whom I've known for 20 yrs and both have clinical depression. One has virtually disappeared, while the other uses TMs as their means of communication. Then sometimes out of the blue, they'll show up and be ready to go to lunch. It's sad, and I have no means to help them. When they don't feel like speaking to anybody, they shut themselves out from the world and that is that.

You are claiming the father fucked up as a parent because the kid killed himself. You are basing it on the fact that the father had not spoken to the son, and that is all you know. You know nothing about how he was raised, or his father/son relationship from his birth to his death. But you will use that tidbit of info to call the father a failure, I think that is fucked up.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 02:59:56 AM »

If your kid has tried suicide and isnt taking your calls, how bout u go over to his house and knock the fuckin door down?

How do you know he didn't?

Maybe everybody deals with things differently? Maybe the father felt it was best to give the kid space? Maybe he was also depressed that his child could be so unhappy that he withdrew himself? Maybe his son told him that everything was great, he was getting therapy etc. It's pretty common for people with depression to answer "everything is just fine" to their loved ones.

So.

It can be argued with because your entire point is based on speculation.

Al Gore's kid to me and only speculating but he probably thinks he is a big shot cause MY DAD IS AL GORE so he probably feels he is above the law and can do whatever he wants and get a way with it.

Right, more speculation. Personally the guy is like anybody else, he likes weed and drinking. Welcome to fucking America pal.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2007, 03:08:43 AM »

So if he is actin weird and not answering phone calls or whatever, something should trigger your brain as a parent that something is wrong and u should go to whatever lengths necessary to do all u can.

It's tough to say, as he's not my kid and it isn't my family.  There are so many potential variables, and it's not possible to completely control a situation, no matter what you do.  They can't simply sit in a room with him, watching, for the rest of their lives.  They could have been his next door neighbors, and he still could have done it. 

I'd also point to the fact that Tony's other kids (the younger ones, at least) are very visible parts of his life.  His job is one that demands a great deal of time, so he uses his job as a time to relate to his kids by taking them along.  Is it a perfect situation?  No.  Few situations are perfect, though. 

I'm more than willing to blame parents when their kids fuck up, but when those kids are adults, and have other, outside influences on their lives, it's not as simple as saying that "bad parenting lead to his suicide."

Its not Al Gore's fault his son was speeding with drugs but u gotta wonder why he is doing drugs and if it possibly stems from something bad in his childhood?

I dunno.  Lots of people smoke pot.  WAAAYYY more people than that drive over the speed limit.  I guess I'm just not inclined to look at pot smoking as hardcore drug abuse.  I'm certainly not about to equate illegality with immorality (or legality with morality).

Maybe he does think he's a big shot, in which case I'm happy to see him get smacked down a bit, but I really have no idea.  No matter what, though, I have a tough time really connecting it to Gore.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 03:32:05 AM »

I went back to a thread on my sportsforum when this happened and looked up some more stuff.

The kid OD'ed on Pills in a suicide attempt in August

His father says he saw him on Thanksgiving and was in a hurry and didnt even hug him goodbye and hadnt talked to him anymore after that

His son died 2 days before Christmas

Just sayin

Your son attempted suicide

Seems like u would try and be more attentive..........

Also the kid had no psychosis whatsoever

So u think alienating and leaving a kid alone after a suicide attempt is the best way to deal with it? nervous

His father was a famous NFL football player and legendary coach

I feel his son crumbled under his father's expectations and never truly felt good enough or maybe like a disappointment.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 03:34:46 AM by D » Logged

estranged.1098
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2007, 04:31:07 AM »

You should not judge people, specially a man you've never met.

Yes, even if you read stuff about him on an internet forum.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »

Krispy, you are in a tough situation.  Your daughter comes from a broken home (yes I know, not all kids from broken homes turn out bad, I'm living proof) but that does statistically give her a much higher risk of being f'd up.  As time goes on, as they get older, it gets much harder to get the kid back on the straight and narrow.  You yourself would have to admit your step-daughter did not have an ideal start in life and I'm not blaming your wife because broken homes happen.  But, you have your hands full and I wish you luck.  Now, also, maybe there is some sort of genetic predisposition to her issues, I don't know.  I wish you luck Krispy.   peace

But I do know this.  When it comes to Dungy, it pisses me off like you wouldn't believe.  I don't care if you're the president of the damn universe, you take time off from your job and you spend as much time with your kids as possible.  You duct tape the kid to your side if you have to.  I'm pretty sure he had a big family as well.  In his mind I guess that was all in God's plan.   Roll Eyes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2007, 09:37:03 AM »

Quite simply, cronic depression is the cause of suicide ... nothing more, nothing less. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 09:47:59 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2007, 09:52:54 AM »

D, dude, take the Dungy convo into a sports thread for god's sake.  I don't see what suicide and driving too fast with pot in your car have in common.

funny how the press was so horrible to a good kid like Chelsea Clinton, but the Bush twins got off relatively easy for all of their Hilton-esque shenanigans.

I'm sure Gore is mortified right now.  Like I said, it'd be one thing if his son was a dumb teenager, but hes twenty fucking four!!! GROW UP DUDE~!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2007, 09:44:44 PM »

Fri Jul 6, 5:57 PM ET

DUBLIN, Ireland - Ireland's top bookmaker, Paddy Power PLC, paid out more than $13,500 on Friday to people who bet that Al Gore would be arrested. Trouble was, the company neglected to specify which one.

The former U.S. vice president and global-warming activist was rated as a 14-to-1 outsider in a list of American celebrities likely to be arrested next. On Wednesday ? the day after the betting went live on Paddy Power's Web site ? Gore's 24-year-old son, Al Gore III, was arrested and charged with illegally possessing marijuana and prescription drugs.

Paddy Power said it was paying out winnings to about 50 people, because it had failed to identify which Gore it meant. "We got a good stoning," the Dublin-based company said in a statement.

The bet in question listed publicity hound Paris Hilton as the favorite on 2-to-1 odds, based on her recent spell in a Los Angeles jail. Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates came a distant 50 to 1.

On Friday, Paddy Power had switched its celebrity betting back solely onto Hilton's likely 2007 fortunes. She merited a 5-to-4 chance of ending up in a rehabilitation clinic by the end of the year, while a return to jail was rated at 10 to 1. Appearing in an episode of "Prison Break" was 25 to 1, becoming Calvin Klein's new face for the perfume "Escape" 40 to 1, and releasing a cover of Elvis' "Jailhouse Rock" 66 to 1.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2007, 10:02:53 PM »

But I do know this.  When it comes to Dungy, it pisses me off like you wouldn't believe.  I don't care if you're the president of the damn universe, you take time off from your job and you spend as much time with your kids as possible.  You duct tape the kid to your side if you have to.  I'm pretty sure he had a big family as well.  In his mind I guess that was all in God's plan.   Roll Eyes

Come on.  Dungy is one of the truly good guys in a league full of adulterists and thugs (and post retirement alleged double murderers).  He sets an incredibly positive example, while others have made a mockery of notions such as good sportsmanship and teamwork.  I'm forced to wonder how many bastard children NFL players have created and how many of those receive financial support, let alone actually know their fathers.  But we're going to use a tragic moment in someone's life as a way to criticize their character which is, by all reports, of the highest caliber?  Yeah...I call bullshit on this one.

Anyway, regarding Al Gore, I can only wish that we had proof that someone famous had bet he'd be arrested.  Pete Rose, maybe?  Better yet if it was a Clinton.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: