Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:10:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I'm so proud he was driving a Prius
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm so proud he was driving a Prius  (Read 5992 times)
SLCPUNK
« on: July 04, 2007, 03:07:40 PM »

Al Gore's son arrested on drug suspicion

LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. - Al Gore's son was arrested early Wednesday on suspicion of possessing marijuana and prescription drugs after deputies pulled him over for speeding, authorities said.

Al Gore III, 24, was driving a blue Toyota Prius about 100 mph on the San Diego Freeway when he was pulled over at about 2:15 a.m., Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino said.

The deputies said they smelled marijuana and searched the car, Amormino said. They found less than an ounce of marijuana along with Xanax, Valium, Vicodin and Adderall, which is used for attention deficit disorder, he said.

"He does not have a prescription for any of those drugs," Amormino said.

Gore was being held in the men's central jail in Santa Ana on $20,000 bail.

Kalee Kreider, a spokeswoman for his parents, did not immediately return phone messages to The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The son of the former vice president and Democratic presidential nominee also was pulled over and arrested for pot possession in December 2003, in Bethesda, Md., while he was a student at Harvard University.

He completed substance abuse counseling as part of a pretrial diversion program to settle those charges.

The youngest of Al and Tipper Gore's four children and their only son, Gore lives in Los Angeles and is an associate publisher of GOOD, a magazine about philanthropy aimed at young people.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 03:15:24 PM »

Fuckin Global Warming

Its makin our youth's minds melt and causing them to do all sorts of uncharacteristic things....... hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 03:25:20 PM »

I didn't know a friggin Prius could hit 100 mph.   hihi  My old Tercel starts shaking in the 90's.   Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 03:33:48 PM »

I don't understand these kids of high profile politicians (or any public figure for that matter).  do they hate their parents or something.

my dad was an educator and I knew never to F up or embarrass his name by doing stupid shit.  and i was only 10!  this chump is 24!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 03:35:58 PM »

the heavy metal made him do it  hihi

html sucks
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 04:07:45 PM »

Al Gore III .... i will never get tired of these I, II and III ....

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 04:11:22 PM »

I DEMAND HE BE PARDONED!!!!! HIS FATHER CREATED THE INTERNET!  Is there no justice in this world anymore Presidente Bush?

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 04:19:22 PM »

If only his dad would have kept his Acapulco Gold in a "lock-box', none of this would be happening.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 05:15:46 PM »

I remember when Indianpolis Colts Coach Tony DUngy's son committed suicide.

Everyone kept sayin what a great person and father he was.......

To me if your son kills himself........ U FUCKED UP somewhere.

His kid attempted suicide 3 months before and they say his dad hadnt called him in months.......

Yeah great father ok

Same with Al Gore

Probably so focused on his political career etc he didnt properly raise his son, just let the nannies do it.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 05:18:40 PM »

Once you have children, you'll see how incorrect that statement is.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 05:24:23 PM »

^
I guarantee God Forbid your kid attempted suicide, U would call him more than once every couple months afterwards dont u agree?

Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 06:01:03 PM »

I think he should get 26 days in jail..if Paris can do it, he can Grin...just don't drop the soap

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 07:12:46 PM »

No offense Pharmo, but if you read all of D's statement, he is absolutely right.  D has the balls to say what may not be the most comfortable thing to hear.   ok
I've got 2 kids and yeah, D's 100% correct.  Don't forget good ol' Eagles' head coach Andy Reid too.   Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 07:51:23 PM »

Im not tryin to be insensitive, dont get me wrong

Its just if your kids turn out horrible, I dont want to hear people tryin to give u the father of the year award

There are still people and wrestlers who say Chris Benoit was a dedicated and loving father....... I mean Jesus Christ, I dont think so.

I know u can do your best and sometimes by no fault of your own your kids turn out bad,b ut if your kid kills himself, he obviously had problems and felt he had nowhere to turn.

A good parent wouldn't alienate their child after attempting something so serious.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 08:18:54 PM »

Its just if your kids turn out horrible, I dont want to hear people tryin to give u the father of the year award

There are still people and wrestlers who say Chris Benoit was a dedicated and loving father....... I mean Jesus Christ, I dont think so.

I know u can do your best and sometimes by no fault of your own your kids turn out bad,b ut if your kid kills himself, he obviously had problems and felt he had nowhere to turn.

A good parent wouldn't alienate their child after attempting something so serious.

Right, but a bad child would definitely try to alienate their parents after attempting something so serious.  I'll be the first person to jump up and blame the parents for things, but sometimes people have mental imbalances that just can't be controlled by love and affection.  Hence your Chris Benoit analogy.  Everyone absolutely said Chris Benoit was a great person.....a loving father and husband, a really good friend and a dedicated professional.  Obviously he wasn't a horrible person, but something caused him to snap.  I'm sure that reason wasn't because he dad didn't give him a hug. 
I blame children today just as much as I blame parents.  Kids feel like they're owed some great freedom these days and that's just utter bullshit. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 08:44:31 PM »

I blame children today just as much as I blame parents.  Kids feel like they're owed some great freedom these days and that's just utter bullshit. 

Certain kids feel that way because that's how they are raised.  I don't subscribe to the "bad kid" mentality.  For the most part, children are blank slates entering this world.  Kids are crawling and walking sponges.  Everything you do as a parent has to be focused on providing the best possible environment you can provide for the child.  That doesn't mean the best sh!t money can buy...it means time, patience, and consistency.  When I see kids at supermarkets at 10:00 at night, that is fucked up.  "But I had to, we needed groceries and there was no other time!," bullsh!t.  When I see kids getting smacked instead of having their parents take the time to talk about what just happened I shake my head.  When I see parents buying their kids everything under the sun, I shake my head.  When I hear parents complaining about "me time," I shake my head.  Your "me time" is fucking gone if not severely diminished.  The child sees everything you do every waking moment.  You are a role model as a parent.  You don't lose control, you are always in control.  To me this is just common sense.  Once you have your sh!t in line in preparation for the next day, you can have great "me time."

Yes, there are exceptions...contrary to what Tom Cruise will tell you, there are some very sad mental illnesses out there that can end in suicide even with the best parenting in the world.  However, the vast majority are a result of bad parenting.  Plain and simple.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 10:05:14 PM »

I'm sure Al III was not raised in the typical way. Probably spoiled rotten and never learned about consequences of his own actions. Just like Paris Hilton.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 11:33:09 PM »

I remember when Indianpolis Colts Coach Tony DUngy's son committed suicide.

Everyone kept sayin what a great person and father he was.......

His kid attempted suicide 3 months before and they say his dad hadnt called him in months.......

Yeah great father ok

Same with Al Gore

Probably so focused on his political career etc he didnt properly raise his son, just let the nannies do it.

That's mean.

I try to be a good  father to my step daughter and she is the most disturbed, fucked up, maladjusted  young person I have ever met.  She is scary crazy. Really, mentally  disturbed. Am  I to blame? I think not. As her mother  says, she is who she is. Some people chose to fuck up their lives, no matter  what the parents do or how  hard they try. To blame the  parents  for everyting is lame and a  cop out. The lazy man's answer  for everything. People are  responsible for their own behaviors by the time  they reach 14-15, and  certainly by 24.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 12:28:57 AM »

Yet another thing about which I don't give a shit.  If he's a messed up kid, I think we should all blame Tipper, for not letting him listen to bands like Guns N' Fuckin' Roses! headbanger

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 02:10:23 AM »

No offense Pharmo, but if you read all of D's statement, he is absolutely right.  D has the balls to say what may not be the most comfortable thing to hear.   ok
I've got 2 kids and yeah, D's 100% correct.  Don't forget good ol' Eagles' head coach Andy Reid too.   Wink

What D said was stupid.

If you have children then you should know full well that they begin to act on their own and make their own decisions much earlier than you like. You can raise a child a certain way, implement structure, teach them manners, give them hugs, tell them they are loved, teach them to be respectful towards other people, and essentially do everything you can to make them go down the right path. Ultimately they will still make their own choices, many of which a parent will disagree with, but it is not the parents fault if the child makes a bad choice. Ultimately we all have to be responsible for our own actions.

Saying a parent fucked up because their child committed suicide is stupid, a little mean spirited (although I don't think he meant to be), but mostly stupid. Nobody knows what the son was feeling at the time, or thinking, and nobody really knows the relationship between the child and the parent. It certainly isn't fair to either to form an opinion based on what was written in the media.

That's mean.

I try to be a good  father to my step daughter and she is the most disturbed, fucked up, maladjusted  young person I have ever met.  She is scary crazy. Really, mentally  disturbed. Am  I to blame? I think not. As her mother  says, she is who she is. Some people chose to fuck up their lives, no matter  what the parents do or how  hard they try. To blame the  parents  for everyting is lame and a  cop out. The lazy man's answer  for everything. People are  responsible for their own behaviors by the time  they reach 14-15, and  certainly by 24.

Like I said, once he has children, he'll take that comment back.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:12:08 AM by Pharmo » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: