Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:18:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Buckcherry
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckcherry  (Read 147701 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #500 on: April 12, 2008, 01:13:12 AM »

I really don't like 'sorry'. I think it's the worst song from any of the 3 albums and completely lacks the energy and groove that I think makes Buckcherry great. But what the hell do I know, apparently it's the biggest song of their career. I just hope it's success doesn't lead to it making the next record all wussy cheese ballads.

I thought the ballads on Time Bomb were just as cheesy and not half as catchy

Now, it sure isn't as good as Check Your Head or For The Movies, but it's a good pop-rock type ballad.  I think Buckcherry realizes what their bread and butter is, they're not going to go away from their hard rock styles.  It's not like they have an Axl in the band who can write an amazing piano ballad, these guys are meat and potatoes rockers and they know what they do best.  But songs like Sorry are necessary to get the type of recognition they need and frankly deserve

Apparently Out Of Line is the next single.  That is a great song, I think in a four way tie with Sunshine, Brooklyn and So Far it's my favorite of the album
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 01:14:46 AM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #501 on: April 12, 2008, 05:58:38 AM »

Buckcherry's label really dropped the ball by failing to follow up on Crazy Bitch with Sorry.  15's on the verge of slipping off the top 100.  They had a ton of buzz with Crazy Bitch and didn't capitalize

Only from pre-pubecsent juvenile teens.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #502 on: April 12, 2008, 08:43:53 AM »

I really don't like 'sorry'. I think it's the worst song from any of the 3 albums and completely lacks the energy and groove that I think makes Buckcherry great. But what the hell do I know, apparently it's the biggest song of their career. I just hope it's success doesn't lead to it making the next record all wussy cheese ballads.

Now, it sure isn't as good as Check Your Head or For The Movies, but it's a good pop-rock type ballad.  I think Buckcherry realizes what their bread and butter is, they're not going to go away from their hard rock styles.  It's not like they have an Axl in the band who can write an amazing piano ballad, these guys are meat and potatoes rockers and they know what they do best.  But songs like Sorry are necessary to get the type of recognition they need and frankly deserve

Apparently Out Of Line is the next single.  That is a great song, I think in a four way tie with Sunshine, Brooklyn and So Far it's my favorite of the album

I fucking love Brooklyn. Not the type of song that would probably work as a single, but great none the less.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #503 on: April 14, 2008, 02:37:05 PM »

Buckcherry Gets Busy On Next Album
Buckcherry

April 14, 2008, 11:00 AM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit
Buckcherry is eyeballing a summer release for its next album, the follow-up to 2006's platinum "15," which spawned crossover hits such as "Crazy Bitch" and "Sorry."

"We're finishing up the songwriting," frontman Josh Todd tells Billboard.com, adding that the group hopes to hit the studio in May with the "15" production team of Buckcherry guitarist Keith Nelson, Mike Plotnikoff and Paul DeCarli. "We're at the hardest point now. We've got a lot of stuff in the can, and the record is f*cking great," he says. "We just want it to be that much better.

"We've just had the biggest record of our career and now we gotta follow it up, and it's not easy," Todd continues. "I feel a lot of pressure. I also feel confident. I feel it all, but we work great under pressure. It motivates me, and it motivates the whole band."

Todd says that while he and Nelson remain Buckcherry's primary songwriters, the group's other members -- guitarist Stevie D., bassist Jimmy Ashhurst and drummer Xavier Muriel, who joined before "15" -- have also been contributing ideas.

Todd adds that the new set is "definitely a rock record. It's not like we're reinventing the wheel. We're a rock'n'roll band. We've just matured as songwriters, and I think it's gonna be more melodic. I'm singing a lot more on this record. There's some really great songs. There's some deep lyrics. I don't want to give it all away, but it's gonna be good. I think people are gonna be happy."

Buckcherry is making the new album under a mission statement to be The Next Great American Rock Band, and Todd says, "our next goal is to be an arena rock band. We want to be a band that can sell out an arena on our own as a headliner."

That said, Buckcherry is rumored to be part of Motley Crue's Cruefest summer tour, which will be announced tomorrow (April 15).

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003789148

can't fucking wait smoking
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #504 on: April 14, 2008, 06:55:55 PM »

more melodic signals a few things for me.

Weaker+
More ballads

=Aerosmith syndrome

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #505 on: April 14, 2008, 08:20:02 PM »

Buckcherry is making the new album under a mission statement to be The Next Great American Rock Band, and Todd says...

Love that part.. ok

"our next goal is to be an arena rock band. We want to be a band that can sell out an arena on our own as a headliner."

Hate that part... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 08:30:15 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #506 on: April 14, 2008, 08:38:47 PM »

"Check Your Head" might be my favorite (right up there, anyway) Buckcherry song.  "Brooklyn"'s great, too.

Buckcherry's label really dropped the ball by failing to follow up on Crazy Bitch with Sorry.  15's on the verge of slipping off the top 100.  They had a ton of buzz with Crazy Bitch and didn't capitalize

Only from pre-pubecsent juvenile teens.

I still think it should be Hillary's campaign theme song.

Weaker+
More ballads

=Aerosmith syndrome

God, I hope not.  Aerosmith writes good ballads, but when they started putting three of them on a record...ugh.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #507 on: April 14, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »

Weaker+
More ballads

=Aerosmith syndrome

I hope not (even as a lifelong A-smith fan). Buckcherry just don't do ballads well in my opinion. I would love for an album of "So Far" "Timebomb" "Whiskey In The Morning" type songs with no "You" or "sorry" songs on it at all.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #508 on: April 15, 2008, 06:10:14 AM »

well, i think "You" is a really, really good ballad by the band personally. Even if it is really stereotypical.

html sucks
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #509 on: April 15, 2008, 06:49:18 AM »

Buckcherry Gets Busy On Next Album
Buckcherry

April 14, 2008, 11:00 AM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit
Buckcherry is eyeballing a summer release for its next album, the follow-up to 2006's platinum "15," which spawned crossover hits such as "Crazy Bitch" and "Sorry."

"We're finishing up the songwriting," frontman Josh Todd tells Billboard.com, adding that the group hopes to hit the studio in May with the "15" production team of Buckcherry guitarist Keith Nelson, Mike Plotnikoff and Paul DeCarli. "We're at the hardest point now. We've got a lot of stuff in the can, and the record is f*cking great," he says. "We just want it to be that much better.

"We've just had the biggest record of our career and now we gotta follow it up, and it's not easy," Todd continues. "I feel a lot of pressure. I also feel confident. I feel it all, but we work great under pressure. It motivates me, and it motivates the whole band."

Todd says that while he and Nelson remain Buckcherry's primary songwriters, the group's other members -- guitarist Stevie D., bassist Jimmy Ashhurst and drummer Xavier Muriel, who joined before "15" -- have also been contributing ideas.

Todd adds that the new set is "definitely a rock record. It's not like we're reinventing the wheel. We're a rock'n'roll band. We've just matured as songwriters, and I think it's gonna be more melodic. I'm singing a lot more on this record. There's some really great songs. There's some deep lyrics. I don't want to give it all away, but it's gonna be good. I think people are gonna be happy."

Buckcherry is making the new album under a mission statement to be The Next Great American Rock Band, and Todd says, "our next goal is to be an arena rock band. We want to be a band that can sell out an arena on our own as a headliner."

That said, Buckcherry is rumored to be part of Motley Crue's Cruefest summer tour, which will be announced tomorrow (April 15).

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003789148

can't fucking wait smoking

Awesome news, thanks.   Saw them 6 or 7 times on the last tour, it's be great to top that this time around. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #510 on: May 16, 2008, 10:56:48 PM »

They're well on the way to releasing the next album peace

http://buckcherry.com/LitUp/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=35584

Today is the day. We started writing and rehearsing for these recording
sessions a few months back and now the time has come to put this baby on
wax! we have so many songs now, the biggest challenge is what NOT to
include on the record. A quality problem. True to form we work quick,
afterall we did "15" in fifteen days. We're shooting for the same vibe with
this one, but maybe adding an extra week. Will we call it "21"? Ummm... No.
But, part of what made that record so much fun is we just captured the raw
essence of the band without over-thinking the recording process, and that's
exactly how we're making this one.

Stay tuned for more updates as I'll be taking the time to let you know
what's going on here and how everything is progressing a little more
frequently than before. We can't wait for everyone to hear this new music.
Keep the faith and stay tuned!

Keith
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #511 on: May 21, 2008, 01:18:29 PM »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Studio Blog from Keith - May 21, 2008

The BC Express just keeps rollin'.... Just wanted to check in with you all and give you an update on our progress. Thanks to an outstanding rhythm section of Xavier and Jimmy we knocked the basic tracks out in three days. Damn! And we still had time to crown Jimmy the king of the ping-pong table as well.

Everybody's been in high spirits and the record is just flowing flawlessly. We started overdubs a few days later and are almost halfway through, we should have this baby wrapped up in the next 10 days even though we added 2 extra songs that we hadn't anticipated including. We can't wait until this record hits the open air, and I'm sure you'll be getting a few sneak previews when we hit the road in July. Ok, back to work, catch ya very soon.

Keef

looks awesome Smiley
cineater
Legend

« Reply #512 on: May 22, 2008, 12:17:13 AM »

Is good news!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #513 on: June 26, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »

it looks like there new cd Black Butterfly will be released in japan on July 16th and in the US in sept. there wasnt any other info such as song titles ect... i could have spent 25 bucks for a single for all i know.  you can order it here

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UICY-90974
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #514 on: June 27, 2008, 05:58:38 AM »

tbe title doesnt fit their usual title types haha.

strange. we'll see i guess. i hope their new album is good buckcherry really should give crackin the rest of the world a go on this one alot more since theyve made it in america pretty much.

html sucks
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #515 on: June 29, 2008, 10:49:09 PM »

sweetness

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #516 on: June 29, 2008, 11:39:58 PM »

Fuck yeah - that's awesome news.   Ordered. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #517 on: June 30, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »

Is Buckcherry doing or planning any tours? What are they up to?  smoking
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #518 on: June 30, 2008, 12:25:24 PM »

Is Buckcherry doing or planning any tours? What are they up to?  smoking

finishing their record then tour with cr?efest or whatever it was called i think
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #519 on: June 30, 2008, 10:51:55 PM »

they are about to kick off a an american tour supporting motely crue. i think it starts this weekend
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: