Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:45:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227905 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Buckcherry
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckcherry  (Read 147720 times)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #600 on: September 14, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »

Buckcherry and Avenged Sevenfold are playing Montana. Can't fucking wait!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #601 on: September 17, 2008, 12:59:40 AM »

buckcherry coming up on Jimmy kimmel live in a few minutes!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #602 on: September 17, 2008, 05:05:13 PM »

i found the album dissappointing myself.

Very commercial and tame.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #603 on: September 17, 2008, 05:22:43 PM »

^agree to some digree but there are some pretty good songs IMO

anyway, they'll most likely reach over 1000 listens on my last.fm tomorrow and then in some more days move past RATM and BLS on the list to be in 5th place beer

"oh i wanna do this right,, kiss u right between your thighs"  smoking
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #604 on: September 17, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »

Agreed.  By far their worst album.  I really like Rescue Me, Tired of You, and Fallout.  The rest of it is pretty unmemorable.  Buckcherry's strongest suits were always the raw, unbridled energy and attitude and those attributes are definitely watered down.  Oh well
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #605 on: September 17, 2008, 10:54:55 PM »

Definitely worth the 9.99 via Amazon MP3s.  Fallout is a great tune, Rescue Me is rockin.  A few filler songs.  Too Drunk is kinda lame, they were def going for the Crazy Bitch vibe, but CB is actually a good tune. 

Good disc.  I wasn't expecting anything to blow me away.  BC is a great band but I know what to expect with them, cock-rock thats fun to drink to.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #606 on: September 18, 2008, 01:53:56 AM »

Probably their best record thus far...If I had to rank them it would be 1.Black Butterfly 2.15 3. self titled 4. Time bomb...Ive seen this band countless times and I was one of the few who did not give up on them when they were broken up a few years back...I went to their first show here in Jersey for the 15 tour and the place was empty...the next show they played a year later was jam packed...its good to see them hit it big again..I will however say they are making a huge mistake with their first single....this was part of the reason 'Time bomb' tanked, because "Ridin" was a shitty single, and one of the worst songs on the record...the same can be said about "Too Drunk"...Rescue me, Dont go away, Dreams are all way better options for a first single...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #607 on: September 18, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »

Agreed.  By far their worst album.  I really like Rescue Me, Tired of You, and Fallout.  The rest of it is pretty unmemorable.  Buckcherry's strongest suits were always the raw, unbridled energy and attitude and those attributes are definitely watered down.  Oh well
its definately watered down and alot of the songs i feel are made to cater current musical trends.

html sucks
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #608 on: September 19, 2008, 11:43:39 PM »

i like it, but it maybe the bnds worst album yet

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #609 on: September 20, 2008, 01:57:51 AM »

Probably their best record thus far...If I had to rank them it would be 1.Black Butterfly 2.15 3. self titled 4. Time bomb...Ive seen this band countless times and I was one of the few who did not give up on them when they were broken up a few years back...I went to their first show here in Jersey for the 15 tour and the place was empty...the next show they played a year later was jam packed...its good to see them hit it big again..I will however say they are making a huge mistake with their first single....this was part of the reason 'Time bomb' tanked, because "Ridin" was a shitty single, and one of the worst songs on the record...the same can be said about "Too Drunk"...Rescue me, Dont go away, Dreams are all way better options for a first single...

really? i would rank them 1. self titled 2. timebomb 3. blackbutterfly 4. 15

I dunno the new one seems too poppy, its still pretty good though

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #610 on: September 20, 2008, 07:06:50 AM »

I think the post about it being watered down is pretty accurate. The album has a couple bright spots, and overall isn't bad, but not great or really very memorable.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #611 on: September 20, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »

after a few more listens, i have decided I dont like this album. I think its their worst to date.

it has a few good songs but the bad out weigh the good in my opinion
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 05:51:32 PM by **** » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #612 on: September 21, 2008, 08:41:16 AM »

www.rockhospital.com

go read my review of it. Those who dont like it too much will probably agree with my points.

html sucks
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #613 on: September 21, 2008, 02:39:42 PM »

www.rockhospital.com

go read my review of it. Those who dont like it too much will probably agree with my points.

hihi I love the review of "Child called it". took the words right out outta my mouth, i just remember thinking "what the fuck is this shit" the first time listening to it.

EDIT: after a few MORE listens Im actually liking the new cd more and more
          its definitely been a grower for me
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:07:45 PM by **** » Logged

GeraldFord
« Reply #614 on: September 22, 2008, 12:18:43 PM »

Not really a fan of Erlewine, but ouch...

1.5 Stars (of 5)

Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine

Has any party band been less rock & roll fun than Buckcherry? Self-appointed saviors of sleaze, the L.A. scuzz rockers are disciples of the Sunset Strip circa 1987, singing songs of crazy bitches and cocaine, scored to second-hand Aerosmith rip-offs stripped of boogie so they're turned into lead-footed stomps. Rock & roll doesn't need to be complicated ? it's often better if it isn't ? but if it's going to be the soundtrack for a night of binge drinking at strip clubs, it damn well better make wallowing in filth sound irresistible, not drudgery. Buckcherry dutifully hit all their marks on their fourth album Black Butterfly ? the greasy guitar, the snake-dancing vocals, rhythms designed with a Texas lapdance in mind ? so that makes the record no different in form or function than their other LPs, but it nevertheless marks a significant downturn in energy, lacking the stoopid hooks of "Lit Up" and "Crazy Bitch," hooks which now more than ever seems accidental. Here, they piss on the Dead Kennedys, swipe power ballads from M?tley Cr?e, and pluck Guns N' Roses with absolutely no sense of glee; it's dutiful cardboard cock rock. If the band played with any sense of enthusiasm, this could be tempting toxicity ? music you know is bad for you but you can't resist. But Buckcherry is so far gone on the road of rock & roll indulgence they wind up repeating the same stupid excesses not because they're fun, but because they don't know how to do anything else. Far from being the soundtrack to a raging party, Black Butterfly is the flipside of indulgence: Buckcherry is now the sound of a slow slide into the monotony of addiction.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #615 on: September 23, 2008, 12:21:33 AM »

Maybe a little too harsh but I definitely think that their past three albums if nothing else had a totally authentic level of energy and attitude and were flat out fun to listen to.  They were good (if simplistic) songwriters with a great sense of melody and the ability to write fist-pumping anthems but musically and lyrically have never been that good.  It's always been the combination of songwriting and attitude that made them good.

This album isn't much fun.  They didn't elevate or expand upon in a writing sense (except maybe Cream, it's more ambitious structurally and musically than anything they've done), but they lost a lot of the the swagger, attitude and reckless sense of fun that made them one of my favorite contemporary bands.  It's a listenable album but a huge step down from 15

Not really a fan of Erlewine, but ouch...

1.5 Stars (of 5)

Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine

Has any party band been less rock & roll fun than Buckcherry? Self-appointed saviors of sleaze, the L.A. scuzz rockers are disciples of the Sunset Strip circa 1987, singing songs of crazy bitches and cocaine, scored to second-hand Aerosmith rip-offs stripped of boogie so they're turned into lead-footed stomps. Rock & roll doesn't need to be complicated ? it's often better if it isn't ? but if it's going to be the soundtrack for a night of binge drinking at strip clubs, it damn well better make wallowing in filth sound irresistible, not drudgery. Buckcherry dutifully hit all their marks on their fourth album Black Butterfly ? the greasy guitar, the snake-dancing vocals, rhythms designed with a Texas lapdance in mind ? so that makes the record no different in form or function than their other LPs, but it nevertheless marks a significant downturn in energy, lacking the stoopid hooks of "Lit Up" and "Crazy Bitch," hooks which now more than ever seems accidental. Here, they piss on the Dead Kennedys, swipe power ballads from M?tley Cr?e, and pluck Guns N' Roses with absolutely no sense of glee; it's dutiful cardboard cock rock. If the band played with any sense of enthusiasm, this could be tempting toxicity ? music you know is bad for you but you can't resist. But Buckcherry is so far gone on the road of rock & roll indulgence they wind up repeating the same stupid excesses not because they're fun, but because they don't know how to do anything else. Far from being the soundtrack to a raging party, Black Butterfly is the flipside of indulgence: Buckcherry is now the sound of a slow slide into the monotony of addiction.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #616 on: September 23, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »

I don't understand your blink 182 shit you're talking about when it comes to a child called it

so what's blink 182 about it? the bass?

IMO it's one of the better songs along with, talk to me, rescue me, fallout, tired of you, too drunk.. and imminent bailout

pretty mych only likes don't go away of the slower songs
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #617 on: September 23, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »

the song musically is totally pop punk blink 182 style.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #618 on: September 23, 2008, 11:01:29 AM »

Seeing BC tomorrow nite, digging the new record.

There's a couple of clunkers but a good listen for the most part.

"Talk To Me" is currently in heaviest rotation for me...

Shinedown's also on the bill with former Silvertide member - the amazing Nick Perri on lead guitar.

Lookin' forward to it. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #619 on: September 23, 2008, 01:12:06 PM »

Seeing BC tomorrow nite, digging the new record.

There's a couple of clunkers but a good listen for the most part.

"Talk To Me" is currently in heaviest rotation for me...

Shinedown's also on the bill with former Silvertide member - the amazing Nick Perri on lead guitar.

Lookin' forward to it. yes

Awesome - please post the set list if you can remember it... 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: