Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:35:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Randy Moss To New England!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Randy Moss To New England!!!  (Read 10708 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 10:27:20 AM »

Tom Brady finally has the type of talent around him that Peyton Manning has had. Randy Moss and Dante Stallworth and than throw in Kelley Washington in the slot and you have three big targets for Brady to throw the ball too. And still got Wes for some change of pace. And its about time they get Brady some big targets. That receiving corp has been too small for too long.

If we go to the AFC championship with shitty ass Caldwell being the number 1 receiver for brady there is no question in my mind after completely over-hauling the wide reciever corp and the great signings we got on defense New England will be the team to beat. Its good that the pats picked up all this talent as based on winning percentage of oppenents they have the third toughest schedule in the leauge.

Look for Brady to have his best year ever in 2007 with MVP type numbers. I wouldn't be surprized if he gets it next year.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 01:13:52 PM »

STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!

BLOW!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 01:37:01 PM »

This is going to be interesting to see if Moss can regain his old  form and if he can not be a cancer. If  so, New  England  has really strengthened their team during the offseason.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 06:42:21 PM »

This is going to be interesting to see if Moss can regain his old? form and if he can not be a cancer. If? so, New? England? has really strengthened their team during the offseason.
Randy Moss was NEVER a CANCER for the Vikings.  He had a few off field incidents, nothing major like T.O.  He always respected his teammates, unlike T.O.  He certainly didn't try too hard for the Raiders last year, but they were terrible.  Not an excuse, but nonetheless I'm sure he will be much more determined playing for a class franchise.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 06:52:02 PM »

NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!
how many Superbowls have your team won? Cool

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2007, 04:58:37 PM »

NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

Last I checked Terry Bradshaw and the Steel Curtain don't suit up it Pitt... I'll give the current team half a nod for the 05' Superbowl, but with the change in coaching and some of their losses they aren't even near the same team from 2 years ago never mind the 4 prior Championships... That is like a 49ers fan trying to make a case for the 07 team winning the SB because of Rice and Montana.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 07:42:59 AM »

Yeah Brady is awesome, lets face it.

This is the first year Brady gets a Peyton Manning offense... watch out.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 12:01:24 PM »

NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

Last I checked Terry Bradshaw and the Steel Curtain don't suit up it Pitt... I'll give the current team half a nod for the 05' Superbowl, but with the change in coaching and some of their losses they aren't even near the same team from 2 years ago never mind the 4 prior Championships... That is like a 49ers fan trying to make a case for the 07 team winning the SB because of Rice and Montana.

You pretty much said what I was going to.  No matter how good the past was, it's still the past.  Leave it there and focus on the present and future.

Speaking of the present, I'm trapped in a continuous state of jizzing my pants over the drafting the trio of Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, and Eric Wright.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2007, 01:14:28 PM »

I've now had time to fully digest this move (as well as the other offseason moves the Pats made)...

They have to be far and away the favorite to win the superbowl now.
Their passing offense is probably the most potent attack I have seen in years, which will greatly improve their ground game. Also by tighting ip their secondary with the Brandon Meriweather pickup (who is the next Ed Reed) they have made the top 3 defense from last year that much better... Thats also after adding Thomas from Baltimore.

I can not wait to see what Brady can do when he drops back and is looking at some combination Randy Moss, Dante Stallworth, Kelly Washington, Wes Welker, and Ben Watson. Which one gets the double team?? is a LB covering Watson?

I can't wait for September...
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 09:32:43 AM »

Tom is going to put up big numbers this year MVP PRO BOWL numbers with what he has. He could put Dan Marino numbers maybe. I can't wait. Moss will be gone in a flash if he starts shit. He knows that. He is a win, the Pats are a winner, and he wants to be there. He is taking a 1 year 3 mill deal. When he could of just been a loser for 2 years for 21 mill. He wants to play for a ring. He'll be a good boy.  beer But there are so many guys to give the ball to on the Pats so its just not Randy who is going to help them. And the D is going to be great this year if they all stay healthy.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 04:16:22 PM »

NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

You pretty much said what I was going to.? No matter how good the past was, it's still the past.? Leave it there and focus on the present and future.

Speaking of the present, I'm trapped in a continuous state of jizzing my pants over the drafting the trio of Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, and Eric Wright.

lol thats what all my friends say

the past kicked to much ass the football the music the radio and TV were better everything was better rofl

even me as a STEELERS fan i say they probably won't win a Super Bowl for some time with big bens hurt hand and the change in the coach, but i'll still be hoping and watching every game beer

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 08:03:59 PM »

its a great trade for both teams....Im a raiders fan...and im thrilled to see him go...he was a waste of fucking space in Oakland....and most of that had to do with the shitty team the raiders put on the field.....but he will kick ass in New England...they should win it all next year.....probably could have won it without him.....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 08:20:59 PM »

probably could have won it without him.....

That to me is the best part about it. They probably can win it without him. If he wants to stick to the game plan they can be unstopable, and if not they cut him loose and are still the best team in the league.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 10:43:13 PM »

probably could have won it without him.....

That to me is the best part about it. They probably can win it without him. If he wants to stick to the game plan they can be unstopable, and if not they cut him loose and are still the best team in the league.
I'm a diehard Pats fans with tickets to 6 or 7 games next year at Gillette.  While I'm thrilled with all the moves and think they're a definite contender, I'm hardly ready to just hand them the title.  The Colts actually had a nice draft.  The Broncos have had a very good off-season.  The Chargers are still loaded.  It ain't gonna be a walk in the park like most people are making it out to be.  Maroney was injured at the end of last year and he still may not be 100%  Corey Dillon is gone.  If Maroney goes down do you really feel confident handing the ball off to Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, Patrick Pass, Heath Evans, Justice Hairston, et. al?  Linebacking corps. is yet another year older.  Secondary always seems to have major injury problems.  Again, I'm confident, but not THAT confident.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 03:19:52 PM »

I think Oakland may have shot themselves in the foot on the Moss trade.  JaMarcus Russell is going to be a good quarterback IF AND ONLY IF he has someone to throw to.  At LSU, Russell had a great line in front of him and had ages to throw the ball.  When he did throw the ball, he had a couple great receivers in Bowe and Davis to catch it.  He could be Daunte Culpepper, as the predictions have said: decent speed for his size, cannon for an arm, good leader.  That's the good news.  The bad news?  He could be Daunte Culpepper.  Take away his top-quality receivers like Moss, Carter, and Reed, and what has he done?  Nothing.  What's Russell going to have besides Jerry Porter?

On average, 50% of first round QB's are busts.  I said it weeks before the draft, and I'm going to keep saying it after the draft (and not just because I'm a Browns homer).  Between Quinn and Russell, I think Russell is far less likely to meet what's expected of him.  And a lot of it can be based on what is around each of these guys.  As an example, look at the QB class of 1998-- Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf.  Manning steps into an offense with a 1000-yard rusher in the backfield in Marshall Faulk, and a soon-to-be-elite WR in Marvin Harrison.  Leaf got Natrone Means and no receivers.  What would have happened had the two been switched?  Would Leaf now be the elite QB while Manning would be an assistant college coach?  Who knows.

Similarly, 1999's QB class had 3 out of 5 bust.  Tim Couch, what did he have?  Terry Kirby, Kevin Johnson, and an o-line full of other teams' rejects.  What did Akili Smith have?  Corey Dillon, 1000-yard receiver Darnay Scott, and at least two or three decent linemen.  There is no reason he shouldn't have been successful, but similar to Russell, he wasn't even considered a top 5 prospect until late in his final college season when suddenly he was the big name.  Cade McNown is another one who should have been successful-- Curtis Enis had a season with nearly 1000 yards, Marcus Robinson was a 1000-yard receiver, Bobby Engram was close to 1000 as well, and they had a halfway decent line.  Obviously Culpepper was a success (aided by Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Jake Reed, and Robert Smith).  And of course Donovan McNabb is the only one of the five to play in the Super Bowl, being successful while not having anything around him in his first few seasons (Couch, Smith, and McNown all busted out of the NFL by 2003; in that time span, McNabb really had no one around him except for Duce Staley and a halfway decent o-line).

Russell may have all the tools needed to succeed, but does he have the right personnel around him?

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: