Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:35:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH MLB
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR AND PARTNERSHIP WITH MLB  (Read 101161 times)
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: September 28, 2006, 11:53:19 PM »

Usually there are video packages heavily used in promotion... commercials, promotional videos. I can see a new GnR single being used in the background to promote the playoffs. I hope its not just using old song(s)... that would be weak.

right...tom petty did a deal with the NBA this summer to promote 'highway companion' and they played the single 'big weekend'? in the promos

I'm hoping its something similar to that, but I can't envision any of the songs we have already heard, except maybe "Better" in such a package... so I hope if this is true, it will be an all new song.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #241 on: September 28, 2006, 11:53:26 PM »

I know alot of us have been speculating possibly a November 21st release date, but it just dawned on me that rumor is Jay-Z is releasing his comeback album "Kingdom Come" that day as well. ?While they don't compete in the same genre, that album is almost assured to move an insane amount of copies.

Is it important for Guns to pick a date that will garner them a #1 album or does it not even matter at this point? I want the album, but I also don't want it being swept away by something that finishes #1 the week its released.

Well for the sake of fuck, lets say there are more Jay z fans. GNR fans are going to be buying like 5 copies each...so that should settle that.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
EFISH
« Reply #242 on: September 28, 2006, 11:54:17 PM »

I know alot of us have been speculating possibly a November 21st release date, but it just dawned on me that rumor is Jay-Z is releasing his comeback album "Kingdom Come" that day as well.  While they don't compete in the same genre, that album is almost assured to move an insane amount of copies.

Is it important for Guns to pick a date that will garner them a #1 album or does it not even matter at this point? I want the album, but I also don't want it being swept away by something that finishes #1 the week its released.

Well for the sake of fuck, lets say there are more Jay z fans. GNR fans are going to be buying like 5 copies each...so that should settle that.
Id cry if the first week on the charts, i look and C.D is number 2, and Jay-Z is number 1. Ha! what a sick joke that would be!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2006, 11:55:32 PM »

I'm hoping its something similar to that, but I can't envision any of the songs we have already heard, except maybe "Better" in such a package... so I hope if this is true, it will be an all new song.

yeah, its gotta be something up tempo, id think...which leaves better or something new....im betting on the latter ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Chief
Legend

« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2006, 11:56:11 PM »

after all this time and at this point they need to be number one.

I know alot of us have been speculating possibly a November 21st release date, but it just dawned on me that rumor is Jay-Z is releasing his comeback album "Kingdom Come" that day as well.  While they don't compete in the same genre, that album is almost assured to move an insane amount of copies.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2006, 11:56:57 PM »

Well, I think we can also rule out Dec. 5th, as Interscope/Unniversal will be releasing a new Eminem record.  No chance in hell that Universal wants two of it's "names" going head to head.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #246 on: September 28, 2006, 11:57:02 PM »

Id cry if the first week on the charts, i look and C.D is number 2, and Jay-Z is number 1. Ha! what a sick joke that would be!

15 years after the last release and people are still saying maybe hold off because of something else.

Just put it out ?whenever at this point!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2006, 11:57:11 PM »

I just hope gunsnroses.com isn't a repeat of gnronline 2002 style.  Just showing the press release and tour dates with no pictures, updates, or anyting else we want to know.  But I'm looking at the positives GN'R are officially back, with a website, a new tour, and hopefully the BEST album we'll ever hear.

That last statement is pretty much impossible. I'm sorry, but from what I've heard of the leaks, CD will not be as good as Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin IV, Dark Side of the Moon, or Appetite For Destruction. However, if it is a more solid effort than the UYI albums I will be a really happy person. Both UYI albums are pretty good, but they've got some obvious filler on them. I just hope it's a kickass album and the best we've heard in the last 18 years perhaps (but I highly doubt it could be the best ever).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 11:59:01 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Steel_Angel
« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2006, 11:59:01 PM »

Axl himself said that the NEW songs they played live (in 02) they are not considering puting out as SIngles or anything, so.. CD will be more than great im guessing. i have the sound clip, i can post it.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #249 on: September 29, 2006, 12:01:10 AM »

Jay-Z should back off!  Tongue
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #250 on: September 29, 2006, 12:04:28 AM »

No, Jay-Z should be BOYCOTTED by his fans. That fucker scammed all of them into buying his last album by claiming he was retiring. Brilliant marketing tool, but it's a DISHONEST one. He should sell jack shit of the new album. That's what he deserves.
Filipe_Guns
Headliner

You have no idea.....

« Reply #251 on: September 29, 2006, 12:04:37 AM »

is not that Guns n' Roses will release the CD and become the number onte imediatly. Unfortunately, Guns won't beat this fuckin rappers...that's the fact...wake up, we're not in the 80's...

"thanks to the lameass security, I'm going home"
EFISH
« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2006, 12:06:14 AM »

No, Jay-Z should be BOYCOTTED by his fans. That fucker scammed all of them into buying his last album by claiming he was retiring. Brilliant marketing tool, but it's a DISHONEST one. He should sell jack shit of the new album. That's what he deserves.

everyone does that! losers! For example, Eminem.. and hes got an album coming out in a few months. Another example.. Barbra Streisands last goodbye tour or w/e... well now shes doing another "goodbye' tour and selling tickets for as high as it would get for the Stones. I'm sure next year will be her next goodbye tour as well rofl
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2006, 12:06:52 AM »

If Axl had said the same thing after the old band disbanded it would have made the last 10 years easier on fans expecting something.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2006, 12:07:36 AM »

is not that Guns n' Roses will release the CD and become the number onte imediatly. Unfortunately, Guns won't beat this fuckin rappers...that's the fact...wake up, we're not in the 80's...

Filipe, "Greatest Hits" in 2004 debuted at #3 on the charts and I don't remember any hype around that album at all. In fact, the hype was NEGATIVE b/c the band itself was against the release of the album. CD is the most anticiapted album ever without a doubt. As someone else mentioned, die-hard fans will be buying probably 3 copies each at the MINIMUM. It will sell a ton of records the first week and I wouldn't be shocked if it beat out a rap album. But don't think it's going to sit around for a year completely unknown like Appetite did.
GeraldFord
« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2006, 12:08:19 AM »

No Philli shows?
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #256 on: September 29, 2006, 12:10:09 AM »

If Axl had said the same thing after the old band disbanded it would have made the last 10 years easier on fans expecting something.

I don't think so...  no  10 years is 10 years, it's a loooooong time no matter what.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #257 on: September 29, 2006, 12:12:21 AM »

It is kind of a catch-22. The 21st of November is strategically the best date out there, but you also don't want to run the risk of getting swept away with Jay Hova's big comeback album, as you know that MTV and other various music publications will be having themselves a wet dream over it.

I want Guns to have all the spotlight to themselves, at least for a week. I hope maybe we see an earlier November release and get a couple good weeks under their belts before Emninem and Jay-Z come along in late November/early December.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #258 on: September 29, 2006, 12:12:41 AM »

I don't think so...? no? 10 years is 10 years, it's a loooooong time no matter what.

No, after all the time that passed without hearing ANYTHING from Axl, after he said he retired, people wouldn't expect any album coming.

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #259 on: September 29, 2006, 12:13:57 AM »

I don't think so...  no  10 years is 10 years, it's a loooooong time no matter what.

Lara, I think the other poster was saying that if we didn't expect anything, then there'd be a lot less frustration for all of us. Granted, I didn't start listening to rock music until 2000 or so, so I've "only" been waiting 6 years compared with 13 like most everyone else. But if Axl had just said that he was retired when the band broke up, no one would expect any kind of release and so the last 10+ years wouldn't be so hard on the die-hard fans.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: